Nokia E72 review: The business of messaging
hi guy i am facing a problm in internet or camra Memory Full delet some data first. Wab page is shut down . Pls tell me soulation
- 2013-02-26 19:14
hi guys can u plz help me dat how to fast forward de video in e72 . Any short cut key ?
- 2013-02-13 20:15
- Zaighum Ali
guys ! I got some problems on the firmware update ver 091.003 .
My keys have been changed . When i press the W button , It is written Z. Same as some other. Can anyone help me to solve this kind of problem?
Please help me to solve this problem of E72.
- 2012-12-27 08:28
I'm still using it from march 2010. Best phone i ever used!Next phone: NOKIA Lumia 920!Nokia rulzzz
- 2012-11-13 09:08
you can see the person if you want to skype using the e72 nokia phone?
- 2012-06-02 16:09
E72- is really good piece of mobile phone, I'm fully satisfied. But the only problem is I'm unable to load Skype. Tried many times, upon installing, a 2 word result pops up i.e. "upload erro" ??? pls. can someone help?
- 2012-03-25 20:14
> In reply to sushanta @ 2011-05-25 20:16 from utqS - click to readif u are gettiing unusual problems then you may opt 4 resetting phone's original setting.
- 2012-03-22 17:55
My critique / review of the cellphone Nokia E72 (bought Nov. 2010):
This is not a systematic review! I just point out a few positve and unfortunately many more negative things. Result: immature! Not up to the task (business phone…)!
Positive Nokia E72 – Advantages:
+ : Great battery! (The battery was the great weakness of the predecessor E61i!)
+ : Establishing a connection to my email-account was feasable for somebody like me (never made it with the E61i …).
+ : leather case: with the E72 an elegant leather sheath is provided. hopefully this prevents the loudspeakers from gathering dust and getting obstructed this time (E61i after a while got weaker and weaker untill you couldn’t listen any more…)
+ : keypad very pleasant! Essential for a business-phone like this one! German “Umlaute” (mutated vowels) are available on the german version (even if not visible on pictures – only english phones shown…), so you don’t have to interrupt the flow of hacking things in like with the i-phone…
+ : the camera can do one thing, that most high-end normal cameras can not do: it can produce semiautomatically panorama pictures, adding up serval takes…!
Negative Nokia E72 – Drawbacks (scope for improvements!):
- : “system crash” – It occurs repeatedly and not rarely that the whole system ‘freezes’ and you have to shut it down and restart it to be able to continue to work… The OS Symbian really does not seem to be up to the task…
- : “internet usability” – Using the internet via Vodafone is generally just not practical: a nuisance! The building up of websites takes an eternity if it takes place at all. Moving with the cursor over the websites is a nuisance, because a totally useless ‘overview’ of the whole page appears and covers the text in which you want to navigate… You have to stop doing something until that layer vanishes after a while and then you can continue…
- : “alphanumeric modus” – If you want to ring up a new numer for instance and type it in and then press the ‘go’-button you get a drop-down-option-menu, giving you the choices: “alphanumeric modus, language call (“Sprachanruf”), video call, save under contacts…” now what you need in 99,9 % of the cases is “language call” and NOT “alphanumeric modus” (which just brings you back to the number you entered…??). so why is this mysterious option first?? you allways have do scroll down before being able to do your everyday task… annoying…!
- : “emailing” – rather often the email-program, while checking for new ones, ‘hangs itsself up’ and the whole operation system with it. You have to shut it down and restart the OS… Professional??
- : “email synchronisation” – sent emails (the ones you sent from your mobile) are not synchronized like other emails (e.g. you change an email-status from unread to read); consequence: you send an email from your cell-phone, you want to look at it at home at your computer, being logged in on your account, you don’t find it… must use your mobile… not professional…
- : “email synchronisation” – you look for new emails, the programm signals the arrival of new ones – and shuts down (in almost every case!)… why? you have to open it up anew…
- : “reaction times”: in many instances the phone reacts too slowly to signals from the keys, e.g. you want to unlock your mobile and press in quick succession (not simultaneously!) the two necessary keys – and it remains locked; you have to do it rather sloooowly… in other cases there seems to be too much time programmed in for nice but useless fading effects… clumsy…
- : “ear-’plugs’”: the provided ear-phones are just ridiculus, embarassing for a supposed high-tech-company like Nokia: they are so dysfunctionally shaped that they drop out of your ear at the slightest movement of your body. A shame! Damaging for Nokia’s image!
- : “unlock key-board” – no information about how to ‘crack open’ the automatic locking of the keypad… no relevant keywords in the manual… The screen asks: “unlock keypad?” – but no infos, how to… You need google and some helpful ‘friends’ out there in the internet to tell you…
- : “beep” – produces an unpleasant sharp beep at be beginning of every connection process before the ringing starts. Why? My poor ears…
- : “acoustic signaling” – the acoustic signaling of the calendar or the email-program does not work correctly or at all if some program is open… You get your alert only when the ‘home page’ is open… really not what it should be…
- : “camera”: the camera does not quite fit to the overall luxury of the implement – designed for an upper-class business clientele (images are dull and blurred, videos are badly jerking, far too poor a lense for so many pixels…)
- : “shortcut-keys”: when you try to personalise your shortcutkeys, namely, the “communication-key” (the one with the letter-sign), you are being offered “short or long pressure” (I’m translating from german into english); under short pressure, there are six alternatives on offer; when I chose “E-mail” and in the following enterbox my email-account, this choice is just not being accepted or registered; always the original constellation reappears… I can leave the original choice “communications” (Mitteilungen) and choose in the second dialog-box “new e-mail” (instead of new sms) and that’s accepted… when I then press the button, I am being offered the choice between various accounts, but when I want to move the cursor to the right choice, it jumps into the main menu, whereas the first choice-box disappears half into the background and can’t be reached any more… so the operating system symbian is deficiant…
- : “task-alarm” – when I want to be ‘alarmed’ by my cell-phone because a task has to be delt with and I program the calender correspondingly, then it is utterly annoying, when the phone arbitrarily sometimes rings or sometimes just silently blinks, not even vibrating… (which you easily miss…) again: the operating system symbian is deficiant… dysfunctional, distressing and deplorable…
- : “identification of callers” – normally a caller, who is registered on the phone with number and name, is being shown by name, when he rings you up. nokai E72 is not able, to do that regularly and reliably… often just the number is shown, and the caller is astonished, that I respond in a standard manner… again: the operating system symbian is deficiant and dysfunctional…
- : “calendar” – There is no over-view of the “meetings”… meetings (“besprechungstermine”) are the only option for marking something in the day-view of the calender, i.e. as a time-span “tasks” or “aufgaben” can not be shown like that; they are always shown only between 7:00 and 8:00, despite the fact that you attributed a precise time-span to them, say from 16:00 to 18:00… tasks are shown en bloc to the right of the calenderview that’s shown when you click the calender-key (when you choose options > change view > calender view then just the tasks are shown…); but you can not direct the cursor to them to open them; you must choose options > change view > task view… Then I go on a day in week a) and I’m beeing shown all my tasks (301…); on a day in the next week I’m being shown just 2 tasks… that’s all not very logic and user-friendly… again: symbian is deficiant! Do something and quick!
- : “calendar” – You want to up-date your hundreds of tasks, extinguishing the ones you have done. Everytime you have deleted one task the program jumps back to the beginning of the list – and you have to scroll back to the point, where you were before, to continue your up-dating. A nuisance…
- : “communicator”: keyword does not exist in the manual. You find infos only on the website…
- : “mail for exchange”: is being praised on the website, but the help-function does not know the key-word, so no help how to use it… you need the website…
- 2012-03-06 17:28
I owe an E72. Simply its the best phone i've ever used. VERY USER FRIENDLY!!!!
- 2011-10-29 08:00
I am an owner of E72 since MAR 2010.Till now the phone was OK.I am using it for mails and telephony.
I decided to update the firmware to ver. 071.004 from 09JUN2011...And the problems began!Firs-only HTML mails without cyrillic support,the camera fails to start some time, on some websites the browser opens the links under the mouse even without any action from the user...This is only small part of all the bugs in the last firmware...run away from this phone...never buy it...at least until new firmware release is online!
- 2011-10-15 21:50
I realy know dat Eseries is a good handset among d others,but pls reduce d price,i want to be among d users of it,thanks.
- 2011-06-21 22:59
nice phone, very funcional, absoluty nokia stilish.....very, very good quality. Recomended .-
- 2011-05-26 17:39
Dear i am facing trouble in my Nokia E72 set. Problem is not display Misscall, Receiving calls and dialled numbers, so help me
- 2011-05-25 20:16
> In reply to CC @ 2011-03-15 09:36 from muym - click to readi think you go the settings wrong. I have no sync issue with any nokia symbian phone released in 2009 an after
- 2011-05-23 12:44
i need a divx player,,,,wld any one help me willingly..i love this e72
- 2011-05-13 10:12
> In reply to Hemant Patel India @ 2011-02-07 16:35 from upfx - click to readOk i have got both 9700 as well as E72 so i'd like to add few more points in favor of E72
1 - E72 has got much better battery life compared to what 9700 offers .
2 - You need a BB plan (have to pay more) to have the full access to all the features bb got . Not cool !
3 - E72 comes with free navigation lifetime and has much better and easy to use maps/navigation , where as i have always failed to use bb maps properly . firstly its complicated and than it has a very basic options/features set .
4 - Sound quality through speakers and headphone is zillion time better than BB , infact i'd say bb is one of the worst when it comes to playin video or music . 2rs headset is provided with the phone which cost around 22k (indian rupee).
5 - E72 screen is much more crisper with 16million colour support vs 65k for bb
6 - E72 Cost 30% less compared to bb9700 .
7 - Symbian has more applications (especially free) than that of BB
IMO only area where BB scores much more than E72 is the push-mail as well as the integrated social sites ( twitter , fb) . You recieve mails , new twitters instantly where as nokia takes some time to get the updates .
- 2011-04-22 10:24
Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.