Dennis , 01 Sep 2010Awesome, yet another GSM arena review that compares 2 phones - writes X amount of pages and en... moreyou have a wheird opinion thinking that iphone 4 is better than sgs but desire is better than iphone 4. now sgs is better in some poeples opinion and they have a point, same goes for iphone but desire?. idk buddy desire has a pretty bad touch response and doesnt even has multitouch. the screen is also not as good as both sgs and iphone, processor is inferrior, gpu is inferrior, to much to name.
Awesome, yet another GSM arena review that compares 2 phones - writes X amount of pages and ends up with this - "I don't have the balls to pick a winner!!". No integrity, and really when has fence sitting ever won anyone over.. DK
Personally I like Droid better. But out of these 2, iPhone kills it. HTC Desire FTW. No question.
I wanted to ask, does Apple have wallpaper with their logo, I want to buy iPhone, but I want to see the logo on both sides. Can the logo on screen be seen even if screen is of?
Anonymous, 31 Aug 2010Did you know that Youtube full site is available for iPhones?
http://m.youtube dot com
(... moresteve jobs says that we are 'right behind the HTML 5 spec' :D so you have to believe it just like that 'ultra-innovative multitasking idea' that moron got from 90s? :)
but my friend do you happen to know that SGS supports HTML 5 too? its not apple thats the biggest thing behind html5... its GOOGLE :) nexus1, desire, SGS have been supporting html5 all along :) google launched html5 version of youtube and its NOT exclusive for fanbois.. its for all devices(android.. iOS4.. ahem ahem) that are out there...
but the 'uber cool' tend to believe and buy stuff only when an arrogant moron tends to tell them to.. :)
and.. flash is not just abut youtube.. many web sites use flash content eg soccerclips.net, myspace(in case u are wondering, i use them to watch highlights when i miss a football match) etc etc and flash is about applications too..
so iSheeps can just enjoy being taught how to HOLD their phones :D and being shepherded towards an 'innovative' way to use technology:) :)
The Android phones from Samsung are phenomenal and have surpassed Apple's for practical functionality already...it simply does more.
My take after using both and asking different age groups their opinions on phone technology:
- iphone for the 30 somethings+ that aren't completely competent with technology or anyone who wants a very easy to use smartphone.
- android(Samsung Galaxy S Series specifically) for the next generation who are comfortable with technology or those who are more competent using smartphones and who want more advanced technology and features from a smartphone.
(sorry for the expression of ageism for the 30+ folks. I find that most over the age of 30 don't even know how to use T9 on candybar phones, whereas the generation who can't afford a smartphone yet but love texting have no qualms with learning newer technologies and have no difficulty embracing/learning new technology once they can afford a smartphone.)
Apple 4G Pros:
- Ease of use (just works) out of the box (Android phones you need to configure to make efficient)
- More PAY-FOR Applications. First app from more popular websites usually have iphone version 1st before Android.
- Unified Platform of Hardware that ensures software compatibility for all handsets (android software does have more potential to crash because of the lack of the unified hardware platform)
- Easy to purchase tons of music, video and apps
- Easy to manage music if you already using itunes
- Nice design (not innovative, but nice - aka stolen design from Nokia N78)
- Front facing cam might make video chat more popular (this has existed in euro phones forever and never caught on.) Good though for girls to help put on their makeup
- Excellent battery life (too bad you can still get battery anxiety by end of day and have to be tethered to wall)
- Status symbol for some
- Camera quality is great (though limited in manual controls)
- Faster GPS locking times, high quality gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Mature external peripheral/accessory support (speaker docking stations etc)
Samsung Android Galaxy S Series Pros (International I9000, ATT Captivate, Tmobile Vibrant, Sprint Epic, Verizon Fascinate):
- Larger screen with best in class saturation, color, black levels and contrast. better screen than iphone 4 IMO (some would argue for iphone with greater pixel density but that's like bragging for "reading at 4pt font size"-you don't even do that on your computer why would you do that on your phone. Ever wonder why ATT doesn't have iphone 4g directly next to competitors for direct comparison of screen? Put the 2 side by side, play a movie(not youtube video) and tell me which looks more stunning. I guarantee you'll choose the Samsung.
- User interface details are faster and more efficient (one example of many: try going from page 1 of your apps on your iphone to page 10...do you really like flicking 10 times on the iphone)
- Homescreens (that let you access information feeds, widgets and most used programs and people) vs static "All Programs" area
- the iphone apps may be more polished, but the android apps aren't that far behind and most are free
- Free Google 3D Turn by Turn Navigation
- Out-of-the box wifi hotspot access for your laptops through your phone (aka tethering)
- Wireless media(music, movie) streaming to internet ready DLNA TV's, PS3's, xbox360 or other DLNA devices
- built in FM radio because there are times you don't want to drain your battery or deal with spotty internet connections when using Pandora
- Camera quality is great with full featured camera from a real camera manufacturer who gives you focus controls, metering, exposure, white balance control among other things
- Facebook and Gmail Contacts integration so you can get all their phone numbers, addresses, status updates, profile pics and shared photos all from one spot in your phones Contact/Address Book
- Front facing cam
- Gtalk IM built into phone optimized for battery life
- Poor battery considering how much more you'll use this phone, its features and screen [BUT has removable battery and they're cheap ($10 for 2 on Ebay) that are small and easy to fit in pocket...NO MORE BATTERY ANXIETY EVER!]
- Swype text entry...consistent, easy one handed typing IF you know your QWERTY keyboard AND you learn how it works
- Video Playback is phenomenal looking and easy to load, especially if you have huge digital video library of DIVX or MKV files. (iphone users have to spend hours converting to iphone specific format... meaning that you are unlikely to use as a video media player unless you like purchasing vids from itunes)
- Available unlocked and ability to use a standard sized SIM. Useful when traveling internationally and wanting to purchase prepaid cellular SIMs.
- More advanced features are builtin (ie tethering and external program installation) without doing jailbreaking and worrying about void of warranty or when Apple might defeat some counter-measure
- You can find a version of this phone for ANY CARRIER
- Removable memory expandable up to 32GB using SDMicro cards
- Fastest 3d processor (as of this writing) for mobile phones
- Relatively cheaper out-the-door cost
Joshua, 30 Aug 2010Here's what I feel. The Samsung Galaxy S has more overall features than the iPhone 4. But in t... moreYou sound like you know nothing about the sgs and still think the iphone touch screen is thr best. Sgs touchscreen is noticably(if thats a word) more responsive.
Anonymous, 31 Aug 2010Did you know that Youtube full site is available for iPhones? http://m.youtube dot com (... morefor your information http://m.youtube dot com are also supported by MANY cheap phone one example is samsung star wifi. and thats not make iphone special.
iReality :D, 30 Aug 20101. Ms DOS 6.22 started an innovation by allowing multitasking which suspended a running progra... moreDid you know that Youtube full site is available for iPhones?
http://m.youtube dot com
(Can't post links, have to edit it this way).
With html 5 support.
galaxy s better than iphone 4? Android os outselling apple os by a considerable amount on a daily basis and ever increasing in momemtum? No this is all lies,steve jobs said so
i love apple, 30 Aug 2010does galaxy s have logo of Apple if not it's considered a trash.And if i put a apple sticker on it and use a iphone clone theme does it work ?
Just a question: Why is iOS 4 a feature of iPhone 4 *over* Galaxy S?
Some people may indeed prefer iOS over Android. But, some may also prefer Android *over* iOS. Should it be just a matter of taste?
Joshua, 30 Aug 2010Here's what I feel. The Samsung Galaxy S has more overall features than the iPhone 4. But in t... moreWhat planet do you live on ?
- Jailbreaking kills autonomy, advanced skinning can be done only with a lot of tech savvyness.
- At stock a SGS with lagfix installed is about 2 times faster and more responsive than an ip4 in real multitasking conditions (lol @2600 scores at quadrant) ,
- Have you even seen a SGS in person, I mean it may be plastic but it is definatly the best glossy plastic I've ever seen on a phone aside from HTC's soft touch plastics.
- Put a ip4 side to side with a sgs and compare the space taken by the screen. SGS blows the ip4 away, on the ip4 it looks like apple could've fitted a 3.7" screen in the same space but didn't... huge black bezels top and bottom, yet the antenna is external, why such a crappy design ?
And last of all, you have to put a protection/case on the ip4 or else it'll scratch all over with dust particles (read apple forums, it's full of scratch complaints, even with a bumper). Frankly if you don't put a leather case or so on your 500$+ phone it's that you're either stupid or broke.
1. Ms DOS 6.22 started an innovation by allowing multitasking which suspended a running program to run another program (way back in 90s).. and there was no concept of sharing processor cycles in it
Seems like apple caught the wind of it now and introduced the revolutionary technology from 90s in their ultra cool device(iPhone) for bimbos and their male counterparts (read iSheeps)
2. its microsim time for iSheeps :) so guys get ur new sims duplicated onto new microsims everytime u think of changing ur service provider or taking a new number.. iCraps is definitely worth the pain (atleast in place like India it will be so)
3. it wont play just ANY video format.. you should watch ur videos the iWay.. use that software called iTunes to encode ur native video into the iFormat... a seriese of steps and an hour later you have succesfully accomplished a simple task of copying a video in the toughest manner possible :P
so what if galaxy s allows you to watch following formats directly without breaking a sweat(avi, mkv,xvid, divx.. etc etc) afterall it doesnt has the crApple logo :D
4. The non replacable iBattery is even better addition to iHassels..
5. i dont believe the bad press so i think that iPhone can make calls.. though somewhat dubiously but with that shiny rubber bumper it will look even better.. and for bimbettes pink would be a good choice of colour :D
6. like that song playing on ur friends cell?? did i forget how satisfying it must be to sit and stare at the apple logo while ur other 'non cool' friends simply share music amongst themselves via bluetooth
7. and yeah u can download regular updates from apple after $$s which will someday allow you to use your bluetooth hardware fully (cost just 5$) :D
8. Fm radio too is a pretty old technology.. any music buff would swear to that.. and apple is about new 'cool' stuff.. so no fm radio either
9. same goes for browser that can open youtube :D but apple has an app for the simplest of tasks.. u can download the iApp and view youtube in it.. and just ignore other flash content on the website you are viewing on safari (wondering why is it not named iBrowser)
10. and here comes the best part.. steve jobs will not only tell you how to use ur phone (use it via iTunes!! mug) but he will also tell you how to HOLD your Phone..
there are lots of benefits of buying the iPhone :D
Yeah I feel the screen in the Galaxy S is a little too big for everyday use. I mean the web experience with the iPhone 4 is great with the 3.5'' screen. And the fact that the Galaxy S has a cheap plastic build and not even a LED flash for the camera is a big turn off. I will definitely buy the iPhone 4 once it is released in India.
Here's what I feel. The Samsung Galaxy S has more overall features than the iPhone 4. But in terms of quality, the iPhone 4 beats the Galaxy S. The music player and the camera are both better in the iphone 4 (contrary to what the GSMarena review says). The overall responiveness of the OS is better in the iPhone 4. The App Store is better. The iPhone 4 looks better and the hardware is definitely more premium and refined. The user satisfaction is much better with the iphone 4.
In terms of features, the Galaxy S may be better, but then if you include all the many more apps that are available for the iphone 4, the Galaxy actually loses out. And we are not even considering jailbreaking here. If you jailbreak the iphone 4, then it wins automatically. Jailbreaking does not slow down the OS and you stil have the amazing premium handset with all the added bonuses of a jailbroken iphone.
Iphone 4 for the win!
the review is baised!!
d author keeps going technical, to prove dat galaxy is better. Only negative points are well explained, n the positives are just said in a word or max in a line.
keeping everything apart, how can u guys rate galaxy more than iphone in music category?, haven't u seen anyone using ipod?