I really don't understand the move Microsoft tried to make with WP7... they turned the best power user OS into a weaker, more limited version of the iOS, which is basically it's opposite. Or used to be. At least Apple are actually improving their OS. In my opinion, NO file manager, NO multitasking, and no Copy-Paste(ok, let's say this is kinda cheap, but I love copy-paste, it's so useful!) automatically disqualifies any OS from making a "smartphone". Incidentally, I still can't bring myself to call the Iphone a smartphone.
love the UI but that's just about it. wouldn't be paying much on something that can't even do what lower-end phones can.
God i thought that list for main disadvantages and limitations for wp7 would never end in this review,its a fairly severly limited os system.. Having tried this phone in a local store recent for an extended period i can say the build quality is good but the wp7 ui and set up is horrible. Sure its easy to use and straight forward but eye candy it is not. The huge bland square block ui everywhere is a terrible decision and although they have thrown ina few nice animations here and there its an unappealing ui all round,destined to be a failed ui due to horrible design and styling couple with massive limitations
No system-wide file manager
No Bluetooth file transfers
No USB mass storage mode
Limited third-party apps availability
No Flash or Silverlight support in the browser
Too dependent on Zune software for file management and syncing
No video calls
New ringtones available only through the Marketplace
Music player lacks equalizer presets
No DivX/XviD video support (automatic transcoding provided by Zune software)
No sign of free Bing maps Navigation so far
No internet tethering support
No handwriting recognition support
Twitter client does not integrate with phonebook
you still want to read the review after this?
Duel, 10 Nov 2010Symbian is boring, old and ugly, wp7 looking very interesting. Average user dont need most of ... moreSorry.. i think i cant explain my point.
Im talking about the GSMARENA Review. No about the user sensations or opinions. If you look at N8 Review, the Main disadvantages are
OS Related (i remove the hardware issues)
* Symbian^3 is still behind Android and iOS usability standards
* Camera interface is decidedly outdated
* Relatively limited 3rd party software availability
* No office document editing (without a paid upgrade)
* Video player has some issues
(I cant find something about Lagging and crashes)
But in the WP7 Reviews u can see a lot of OS limitations.
Why they evaluate like a BIG PROBLEM the look and feel of an application. But like a very little problem, have an OS with plenty of base functionality limitation.
Its pretty funny for my self that kind of review. Its very easy change the graphics, but its something huge to do make a good base functionality.
Thats all. Im not FAN of nothing. But im a system programmer myself. If i want a fancy UI. I must Pay a good Graphic Designer. But if a need functionality, i need a lot of people with very high IQ and very big salary.
PS: Sorry for my bad English.
No file transfer via bluetooth. In my opinon this is quite a useful/fun function and will put me off buying a Windows 7 mobile.
Frankie_76, 10 Nov 2010Im really cant understand this..
WP7 has this tinny limitations
* No system-wide fil... moreSymbian is boring, old and ugly, wp7 looking very interesting. Average user dont need most of those missed features. I think wp7 is for iPhone style users who dont need phone to be computer, but easy use and smooth and fast device.
But yes im waiting updates to wp7 before i bought one.
Frankie_76, 10 Nov 2010Im really cant understand this.. WP7 has this tinny limitations * No system-wide fil... morewhat does no divx/xvid support mean? i mean i've heard of these terms and i know they're movie files of some sort but does that mean i won't be able to watch any of my avi's or other file types on a WP7 unit?
Im really cant understand this..
WP7 has this tinny limitations
* No system-wide file manager
* No Bluetooth file transfers
* No USB mass storage mode
* Limited third-party apps availability
* No Flash or Silverlight support in the browser
* Too dependent on Zune software for file management and syncing
* No video calls
* New ringtones available only through the Marketplace
* Music player lacks equalizer presets
* No multitasking
* No copy/paste
* No DivX/XviD video support (automatic transcoding provided by Zune software)
* No sign of free Bing maps Navigation so far
* No internet tethering support
* No handwriting recognition support
* Twitter client does not integrate with phonebook
And in the review looks like nothing of these are really important.
But.. Symbian^3 has a poor web browser, and dont have qwerty in portrait.. so Symbian s@cks .. cant understand..
All we need is for more updates to shrink the limitations of the OS and it will be more appealing.