Reviews - Reader comments

Apple iOS 6 preview: First Look

Apple iOS 6 preview: First Look - read the full textAs expected, Apple used the keynote of its annual WWDC event in San Francisco to announce the latest version of their iOS mobile platform. The sixth major build of the OS aims to bring the user experience to the next level with no less than 200...

 

Sort by:


- Multitasking is stupid on phones
- 4G is overrated
- 3.5 inches is the perfect screen size, any bigger than that and the phone becomes unusable
- if you use stylus you blew it
- iPad-style tablet computers with smaller 7" screens would be “dead on arrival”

  • Reply
  • 2012-06-27 07:27
  • t7P$

Google should sue them.

  • Reply
  • 2012-06-26 00:12
  • n1CQ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-25 10:22 from nTpT - click to readLet me guess did I make you mad? Did you cried?

I apologize for that, and if you have facts against Android I would really like to see them, so I can finally agree with you, because so far everything you had said is false, as iOS security is a Joke as well, and if you read the news as you claim then you shall know that every OS has vulnerabilities, of course there are safer OS than others, but the most popular are the most affected by security issues, here goes another fact for you:

http://www.gsmarena.com/securi...ews-3913.php

One of the security holes from iOS and I can bet you there are a lot more vulnerabilities there in iOS waiting for someone to explode them, so don't come here telling that Android's Security is a "Joke" because we know that there are more Malwares and Exploits for iOS than for Android.

And of course Android is already ahead in the list of OS because of it's functionalities and like you said is a free source OS however get to know that there up to 900,000 Android activations per day, also get to know how Android has began to be prefered over iOS:

http://www.gsmarena.com/firstt...ews-3790.php

Good Luck!
Take Care!

  • Reply
  • 2012-06-25 18:00
  • PqRx

> In reply to Leonard S. @ 2012-06-24 09:07 from PqR1 - click to readi can show a lot of studies against Android, is that the point? i have used both devices and thru my experience iOS is more stable and the apps quality is much much much better than the Android... this studies based on what phone exactly, i mean i know there is an iPhone but in the other hand what was the Android device i would like to know... and obviously U don’t like Android U simply hate Apple,,, get over it Man... regarding the news reading part,,, did u read the news concern Android developers losing interest in Android because cheap people like u refuse to pay for apps and even if u plan to pay we all know that Android security is a JOKE because every defective developer can upload any Sh!@y apps without testing and even Google warn the consumers about it,,, did U know that Motorola was the first company that sue Google for the security defects that they have in the Android and somehow they end up buying it lol (Android works in mysteries way) all these news are in the news section,,, did u read them? If Android will continue the way it is right now (Open Source) trust me won’t stand against iOS & WP8

  • Reply
  • 2012-06-25 10:22
  • nTpT

> In reply to Ruwin @ 2012-06-25 09:24 from MCrR - click to readindeed i used S2 with the original ROM a lot of widgets slow down my S2 and i have root/flash with custom ROM but the point that i always keep saying is some users wont accept the idea of custom ROM and after the upgrade to ICS the phone got worst (Battery/RAM/Crashing) and as i said some people wont flash custom ROM so they will end up moving to another stable OS instead and i think iOS & WP is offering something better

  • Reply
  • 2012-06-25 09:37
  • nTpT

> In reply to ScorpionHD @ 2012-06-20 01:42 from 0hXr - click to readAnd, sir, how is an overclocked droid supposed to be "Cooler" ? I overclock my phone's CPU to add more juice, because i need it, and this is a bad thing. I would rather have no need for overclocking. If you had any reason in that brain of yours, you wouldn't brag about it!

  • Reply
  • 2012-06-25 09:29
  • MCrR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-21 12:44 from nTpT - click to readIt's good that you have switched to iPhone if it suits you best. I use Android on a Desire S and my whole experience is based on widgets. Meaning i constantly use 5 widgets on 5 screens. And the battery and ram is not affected. I am telling you this because what you wrote above is highly dependent on the phone you-re using. And it is wrong to assume that a newer phone will surely run faster: a single core 1Ghz with 800Mb Ram can handle a S2, if fitted with a good custom rom. :)

  • Reply
  • 2012-06-25 09:24
  • MCrR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-24 23:21 from 0sSy - click to readMiui has No Widget!!! 1-try it before u open ur Mouth 2-Miui is custom ROM (Not Official) so not every Android user want to Root/Flash their phones ,,, and by friendly i meant the simplicity of the iOS simple tab in the settings and there U go,,, dont forget that features like taken SnapShot for the screen was available when the 1st iPhone was released but with Android it took them years to include this feature in the Android OS,,, beside and we all know it iOS is more stable than Android,,, WP7 is more stable than Android imagine WP8 what it would do

  • Reply
  • 2012-06-25 08:50
  • nTpT

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-21 12:44 from nTpT - click to readsimpe you just use other rom who has no widget like MIUI, its looks 98% like iphone with bigger screen,

easier UI? nope in ios , simple task like turning off wifi require you to dig into settings, in android , swipe down+single tap will do -,-

  • Reply
  • 2012-06-24 23:21
  • 0sSy

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-20 12:05 from nTpT - click to readAnd I was explaining you the function of Rooting and Jailbreaking on each one of it's respective devices in order that you understand how your complains were completely senseless, and it is well known how every manufacturer applies limitations to inexperienced users so they don't modify parameters or configurations that they do not understand, just people who has experience and the knowledge on what they're doing get to pass beyond this limitations and modify their devices just the way they want them to be, then they might post their achievements in a website like "XDA Developers" with instructions so other people can do it as well.

So with this get to know your complains are senseless and of course going other part of your comment you mention that Android devices aren't stable anyhow without rooting, something that is completely false because Original Roms are designed to be stable as possible, in fact the instability in an Android device occurs ONLY when using a non-compatible Rom to flash the device, so please update yourself and do not comment false information as people who might get to read your comment can get confused.

Take my example, I never comment without having facts to support my comment, here is one fact for you:

http://www.gsmarena.com/ios_ap...ews-3769.php

In the link if you check it you can realize how studies (REAL FACTS) show that Android and it's Apps are entirely more stable than iOS and it's Apps and of course as always my comments are supported by facts as you already saw.

Now I had started to suspect that you are an inexperienced technology user who remains hypnotized by Apple's Marketing and of course we know what this people like to do, they confuse people and like in any other situation they affirm that Apple products are better even when they now is not like that, because let's face it Apple already had it's "era" (moment) and now they had lost their innovation and of course that innovation has gone with Steve Jobs to the grave, and now it's time to let other company to have it's "era" (moment), this is how it works and although it might be sad to see a company like Apple being left old fashion and now hardly innovative it's something that Applefanboys shall accept with the time.

So once we know that you are inexperienced try updating yourself and read the news everyday, GSMARENA has great news about smarphones and tablets everyday, so you could start by checking gsmarena.com daily and see what's new about smartphones or tablets and so at least you would now have an idea of what to comment.

Good luck!

Sincerely,
Leonard S.

  • Reply
  • 2012-06-24 09:07
  • PqR1

And why do these stupid android users care to read this update?,..Lol

  • Reply
  • 2012-06-23 13:45
  • SkFr

> In reply to Android 18 @ 2012-06-21 15:26 from 9LAU - click to readlook whos talking!!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-06-23 08:54
  • nTpT

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-21 12:44 from nTpT - click to readlol you should worry more about ram shortages with the iphone cause its only got 512 mb and also if your worried about slowdown the iphone uses an ancient dual core 800 mhz my galaxcy noe with a 1.5 dual core has no lag with the eidgets

  • Reply
  • 2012-06-23 02:19
  • q{m7

I think iOS 6 should have features like bluetooth/nfc file transfer to other platform phones. Also mp3 ringtones, and entire view of iOS 6 should be different, there should be some mighty change....

  • Reply
  • 2012-06-23 02:08
  • t{PU

Just tell me HOW ITS POSSIBLE that FOXCON CEO told us that iphone5 will put GS3 to "SHAME" when it will run this "ios6" with Various improvements under the hood lol.... maybe they will make the phone invisible...

  • Reply
  • 2012-06-22 22:59
  • 8KsJ

I wonder who apple will copy this time; its all it seems they are good at.

  • Reply
  • 2012-06-21 15:26
  • 9LAU

I dislike iOS

  • Reply
  • 2012-06-21 14:40
  • LaCC

Good job Apple! you finally managed to put some features which were required years back .. FacTime on cellular, Reject calls with messages, Set Songs on Alarm, Facebook contacts on Phonebook. If Apple continues this strategy of adding missing features it will have an easy way ahead for another decade as there are still a lot of features missing. I think Nokia and Google should now sue Apple back for copying their features.

  • Reply
  • 2012-06-21 13:19
  • M7Y1

> In reply to Shades @ 2012-06-21 11:09 from n2K6 - click to readin my opinion widgets are useless, when i used Android phones removing the widget make the ROM run smoother and my friend tested he has Samsung S2 and he install widgets in each page the system crashed because widgets affect RAM i know by average u will use 1 Widget or 2 max but (Clock/Calendar) but the updated widgets such as FACEBOOK/TWITTER they will drain the battery not to mention the RAM so i end up removing them for smoother performance & long lasting battery... i know u will say then what’s the point that what i said so i switched to iPhone for better/friendly UI

  • Reply
  • 2012-06-21 12:44
  • nTpT

Missing features after ios6 release

Widgets
Unified mailbox like bb
Google maps( hope google comes out with their own app)

Hope iPhone 5 carries a 4-4.3" screen and a fm radio.

  • Reply
  • 2012-06-21 11:09
  • n2K6

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.