Reviews - Reader comments

Quad-core shootout: Four of a kind

Quad-core shootout: Four of a kind - read the full textBuckle up people, because this is going to get rough. When the world's four most powerful smartphones are about to go ballistic, it is the right time to take this website's name literally. The stage is set for the four titans of the Android world...

 

Sort by:

Last week it was time to upgrade the phone and it came down to the GS3 vs the One X for me. They were so close but the GS3 got my money for the removable battery and SD card slot. I drive all over the world and I use a GPS app that stores maps locally and I need the extra storage. Plus the option to pack an extra battery is nice too. The HTC is a great phone, but the GS3 was better for me. So far, loving it too.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-30 10:09
  • yn$a

Had a OneX on upgrade and returned it due to appalling battery life. Sense UI didn't feel very extensive or feature rich either. Got a SGS3 instead not expecting much improvement over the OneX but in reality it beats it hands down. 64GB memory card options and replaceable battery are just 2 reasons, incredible battery life in everyday use and amazing TouchWiz features are other reasons. OneX is just a poor man's SGS3 I'm afraid.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-30 10:07
  • SgvH

Waiting Motorola quad core phone.......

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-30 09:35
  • n@tX

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-07-29 17:10 from thtA - click to readCamera spec wise S3 is better and in real life usage S3 camera is faster. There is no need to take up 99 pictures, it is only wasting your SD space and messy when cleaning it up. I've already tested OneX camera and S3 camera and I found that OneX camera is slower than the S3 and worst white balance. Bright blue became purple. :'(

Even a blind man can see that One X camera is not the best of the 4 here.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-30 07:19
  • Mf5c

My S3 32GB Blue always scored 12236 in Antutu Benchmark.

CPU- 7035
RAM- 2769
I/0- 885
GPU- 1547

Running stock ROM LF2.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-30 07:16
  • Mf5c

My LG optimus 4X score 4921 on Quadrant with latest update V10D.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-29 20:44
  • njxA

> In reply to hupm @ 2012-07-29 16:52 from tDDb - click to readall HTC got poor battery life, 1 of the reason why i never will use htc again.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-29 18:21
  • YbM6

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-07-29 17:10 from thtA - click to read99 continues shoot ,so it's become best camera?

NEX-7 can 30 continues shoot , 5D MARK-III just 15 continues shoot, so NEX-7 is better than 5D Mark-III?

99 continues shoot ,when will use?

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-29 17:55
  • UNc{

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-07-29 11:14 from t7P1 - click to readReally?
Sg3 camera only have 20 capture / continues shoot...Like this you claim is the best.... ????? Pls rethinking...
HTC one x is much better to shoot with capture appenture .fs. 2.0 ... and 99 continues shoot like dslr camera, And in gsmarena compare report ,I don't looking there's giving special note to describe ..why sg3 only 20 continues shoot...and how about fs capture appenture ? Same like HTC one x Fe 2.0 or not? So it's very dicloues

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-29 17:10
  • thtA

Why, for now, HTC design and battery is really worst. Was dissapointed..... for HTC, dont too fast to make a new smartphone, because the competition really 'good'

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-29 16:52
  • tDDb

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-07-29 11:14 from t7P1 - click to readReally?
Sg3 camera only have 20 capture / continues shoot...Like this you claim is the best.... ????? Pls rethinking...
HTC one x is much better to shoot with capture appenture .fs. 2.0 ... and 99 continues shoot like dslr camera, And in gsmarena compare report ,I don't looking there's giving special note to describe ..why sg3 only 20 continues shoot...and how about fs capture appenture ? Same like HTC one x Fe 2.0 or not? So it's very dicloues

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-29 16:38
  • thtA

Well,as I know,MX has HDR Mode & camera effect.I am using Meizu phone,flyme OS 1.0 based ICS tastes good!It's not only easy to use but also effortless to access.You won't agree that unless you have a try.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-29 14:41
  • UfRx

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-07-29 08:55 from thtA - click to readIt's either your friends doesn't really have s3 or you have no friends at all for saying that hox's camera is better than the s3. Stop claiming things that you have never really experienced just to say your hox is better cuz it's NOT. Hox's camera sucks, and it's proven on it's tests and the sample pictures. And all the features on your hox that you boast about can also be found on s3, plus it has more features that your hox doesn't have.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-29 11:14
  • t7P1

I have a HOX and in my opinion it is the beautifull phone. I don,t like the back design of the GS3. The screen is better to. I was a amoled fan before thes screen appears. If you want good performance and good looking go for Htc.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-29 09:29
  • 0Uga

You said sgs iii is the best camera...? Maybe when you test HTC one x you has taked wrong handset..
I Love MY HTC ONE X.. and many all of my friend said sgs iii is the worst camera.. because you forget to describe first shoot in one x only 0.7 second to capture the object.... And have 99 continues capture ....amazing capture, unibody, HTC sense 4.0 it,s the best , etc ...you judgement is not fair , have many money in your report bro....

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-29 08:55
  • thtA

> In reply to Captain Marvelous @ 2012-07-28 10:23 from vjw8 - click to readWill go for the 4x exactly for the same reason... The 4x beats the 1x on other reviews... And the autofocus problem has been addressed by a software update already... And don't forget the design... Very slick... IMO

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-29 04:08
  • P@1G

Wow. Indeed no doubt. S3 won in almost everything. I've been using this for a month. Don't care how expensive this phone but its worthy choosing this over the one x. This phone really rise above all. Direct call, smart stay, really makes a difference and ease of used. The video calk is fantastic! Video calling in skype, viber, and yahoo messenger is damn awesomely amazing.. in loving it in every way.. must buy.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-29 03:59
  • v0qJ

> In reply to Giang @ 2012-07-28 16:47 from vNMr - click to readplease read before post . LG already announse earlier that 2x will not get ICS . You will see it back to afew post by gsmarena

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-29 00:18
  • IVSc

> In reply to trent @ 2012-07-28 16:15 from 3JQe - click to readIt's obvious judging by the overall results of the tests (and in the conclusion part) which phone is the winner. Gsma is just being too modest to declare the s3 as the winner, and doesn't want to give the slap on the face to the htc fans out here.

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-28 20:20
  • t7Xi

> In reply to Bosss @ 2012-07-28 09:03 from v{Tc - click to readI do not agree, sold it, too many problems maybe due to tegra 3,...not optimized at all!
Now s3, with latest update is perfect,also beats beats audio, camera finally happy, no problem with home pages, touchwiz, widgets,....everything works as it has to!
Of course htc is loosing points in the market!same problems with one s that I still have and that will be sent foe the 3rd time to assistence!

  • Reply
  • 2012-07-28 19:34
  • M8rw

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.