Reviews - Reader comments

Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean review: Bread and butter

Samsung Galaxy S III Jelly Bean review: Bread and butter - read the full textThe official rollout of the Galaxy S III Jelly Bean update has finally started. In the next few weeks it should land on just about every Exynos-powered S III unit out there, letting it have a taste of the latest and greatest from Android...

 

Sort by:

I think you are right when you say "you just get to enjoy the novelties".
There is no real new software. It is all to do with the speed of an experience.
This suggests Android is peaking in terms of real innovation, and whilst I have a Note 1 which is a great camera and good for one on one presentations, and discounting the odd web browsing, there is nothing in Android unless you are a gaming freak.
There is too much emphasis of synthetic benchmarks or so called customisation but no real spectacular software developments.
Come on Google. You are getting boring.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-01 23:40
  • y$gT

ICS SGS3 owned JB SGS3 in benchmark results! and JB GNexus owned both in benchmark results! LOL

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-01 23:39
  • fsf7

> In reply to moe. @ 2012-10-01 22:45 from fXC5 - click to readThat explains that 25 mb update i got todat however 4.1 still uhavailable in my reagion

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-01 23:14
  • fqkS

Eagerly wating for my SG II :)

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-01 23:12
  • m{Aa

There is a Polaris office v.4 already available & compatible with Jelly Bean 4.1.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-01 22:45
  • fXC5

> In reply to Blankman @ 2012-10-01 20:21 from nGxH - click to readGood point mate, GS2 is the REAL test

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-01 22:23
  • 0ZqS

> In reply to BananaMan @ 2012-10-01 21:59 from s3Jc - click to readTrue that. Gaming/graphics performance will be a tad worse. However, it's mainly due to Project Butter, which will make the perceived smoothness in everything else better. The new features alone are a worthy reason to upgrade. Hope an Office documents viewer is coming soon enough.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-01 22:20
  • N9xA

Not sure if its been covered before but what about battery life? Is it improved or did it get worse?

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-01 22:20
  • nbYG

LOL. The phone is actually slower, according to the benchmark tests.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-01 21:59
  • s3Jc

> In reply to Ale @ 2012-10-01 21:38 from mpA{ - click to readThere are many reasons to launch an update in batches, but the strongest two are:

a- Having the update proven in a pilot market (the selected market gets the privilege of an earlier update, but they're kinda Guinea pigs at that moment).

b- There are firmware differences (mostly regional) in the hardware batches, which is kinda sucky 'cause this is one of the reasons for updating delays.

This is mostly why I'm planning to get the Note 2 off contract from Amazon.de, even if I have to pay a small premium over the US versions. They were the reference market for the 1st Note because it was announced in the IFA last year and history has been repeated this time, so I expect the German Note 2s to get Key Lime Pie before the others.

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-01 21:53
  • N9xA

> In reply to Evil @ 2012-10-01 21:35 from KIdn - click to readIn what planet????

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-01 21:52
  • 011m

And exactly when is this update supposed to be arriving?? I hear is already online in Poland, so why are the rest of us waiting?

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-01 21:38
  • mpA{

iphone 5 is so much faster and better than galaxy s3

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-01 21:35
  • KIdn

rip windows phone, and iphone 5 :/

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-01 20:50
  • PvYx

Don't expect LG to release any updates to their phones, my Optimus 2X still hasn't got ICS and it only got 1 update to 2.3 since february 2011...

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-01 20:36
  • Ss@i

When jelly bean comes for galaxy note..???

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-01 20:31
  • t1$A

thank you gsmarena !!!!!!!

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-01 20:30
  • Ygj4

Great job GSMarena

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-01 20:29
  • fqey

The real test will be for the SGS2, and how Jelly Bean really is optimised, or is it simply using even more hardware power?

  • Reply
  • 2012-10-01 20:21
  • nGxH

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.