Reviews - Reader comments

HTC DROID DNA review: Champion genes

21 November 2012 | Read the review | Post your comment
HTC DROID DNA review: Champion genes - read the full textThe HTC DROID DNA just couldn’t have come to the market at a better time. The Taiwanese company’s first smartphone in the United States with a 5” 1080p display is given the tall task of turning its maker’s fate around, and bring...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to ckang009 @ 2013-01-02 20:55 from ubHD - click to readI do use it every day 4 hours of pure radio streaming over 4G LTE and using bluetooth, works fine whole day, if I don't use streaming radio, I have half of the battery at night... Same things with Galaxy NOTE 2 which has much stronger battery, and yes, we all have outlets here and charger is $1 on ebay so I bought 5 of the for each room and offices so I can charge my phones everywhere, I guess you're talking about people on the field without electrical power and cars, yes it can be ugly in the desert without battery... Luckily there are outlets everywhere here so battery is not a problem...

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-28 05:23
  • 4tJj

I like how do you say "ONLY 11 GB" couple of times so people can remember forever, ha ha, only 11 GB for your precious life and after that you're dead, show stops, world ends, unless you buy Apple 64 GB life is shit... Poor HTC DNA you would say, but as a user, and this is my 25th HTC phone, I would say that this phone is still king of the phones, no better screen, no better sound, and design is far away from the Samsung and ugly Apple iPhone(s), all are sh*t compared to this piece so go in line and wait for your new (same) iPhone with 1TB of memory, you may fit your life on it one day... BTW I do own Samsung Galaxy S3 and also NOTE 2 and Nexus 7 so I can compare screen and colors. Poor HTC still have best phone on the market, not yours, but who ever owns it knows what I'm talking about...

  • Reply
  • 2013-03-28 05:16
  • 4tJj

man love HTC so much, but this nom expandable memory thing has got to stop

  • Reply
  • 2013-02-03 05:54
  • D96n

No expandable memory slot and no removable battery, has HTC designers gone nuts!

  • Reply
  • 2013-02-01 17:45
  • XNtq

HTC needs to understand they will not win this war without a removable battery phone. People cannot go around relying on external battery packs because some of the cheaply made ones do not carry any charge.

With 1080p, i don't see how anyone can store one than one full 1080p movie in here. (even dark night rises takes 8gb)

Such a beautiful phone going to waste.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-02 20:55
  • ubHD

This is the best smartphone made ever! This is for sure!

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-26 19:11
  • 0Ub}

wts d price

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-22 12:54
  • PA7Y

If i have bought the unlocked phone from amazon US . Will i still have the verizon name on phone ?

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-12 01:58
  • 4$vp

> In reply to fer05 @ 2012-11-26 09:47 from sp@8 - click to readHonestly I don´t know if you are ignorant or an idiot, this phone carries new screen tech(LCD3), that´s the reason behind the power saves, if this screen were to be 720 LCD2, this battery won´t last long... also because of the technology, the screen doesn´t put too much strain on the GPU, because of the improvement over LCD2

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-11 03:11
  • PtGM

> In reply to Kal 09 @ 2012-11-27 03:07 from HCqj - click to readI get your point, you said that HTC threw to the market HD screens very quickly, and was the first, isn´t that innovation?? showing something first?? This is a great phone, the thing about the microSD card is from Verizon, they requested to reduce the memory, as you can see the international version, that isn´t bound to any carrier have microSD, a lot of comments here says that 16/32 GB memory is a waste, but for the general public is more than enough even 8GB is cool for a lot of people, it´s true that HTC have a record of bad batterys, I can´t deny that, but with ONE X+ y DROID DNA, HTC have managed to squeeze the OS and maximize the battery productivity, honestly if I had a Note II, I wouldn´t change it for this phone because of the memory, but for the international version, I wouldn´t think it twice to exchange it.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-11 03:05
  • PtGM

Please confirm again if the camera on this model is the same as the one on HTC one X. That matters because HTC one x's photo does not have good quality. I used HTC one X and I know it. (I dont need anyone to argue with me here, I just wanna get the answer from gsmarena.) Thanks.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-04 12:10
  • 4{%i

> In reply to ThomasCarlsson @ 2012-11-22 20:56 from J5M$ - click to readBut htc j butterfly. It has expandable storage

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-02 13:14
  • m7xx

> In reply to Kal 09 @ 2012-11-26 01:53 from HCqj - click to readAnyone in thw world buy any phone or smartphone to call and text mainly.

Did you know how many company provide state of the art dialing app out of the box? Only HTC. Just compare how many buttons you push to finish task.
Did you know how many company makes phone who can send group sma or mail out of the box. Only HTC.

  • Reply
  • 2012-12-02 12:55
  • m7xx

note 2 looklike a piece of junk

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-29 11:43
  • NvfR

nice

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-28 11:47
  • vwes

I simply love HTC because of Sense and their design. Cant wait for this phone to come to Europe :O

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-28 11:20
  • MsV9

> In reply to Joslacay @ 2012-11-26 03:09 from PtGM - click to readForgot to say that I actually like the DROID DNA but see no reason why I should replace my Note2 for it!

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-27 03:08
  • HCqj

> In reply to Joslacay @ 2012-11-26 03:09 from PtGM - click to readYeah I'm aware that HTC have released HD and 1080p FullHD screens quickly to the market but what's so innovative or great about that? Competitors like Sammy will release FullHD screens in 2013 Q2 so HTC had a 2 months advantage of a FullHD screen and their S4 Snapdragon and nothing else? Advantages that competition will not only catch up but overtake HTC simply because unlike Htc they (Sammy) aren't rushing their devices..they're taking their time and releasing more then hardware/specs..
Don't get me wrong I'm not a 'HTC hater' by no means, I think they're a great manufacturer but feel they're not doing themselves any favours with very bland products!

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-27 03:07
  • HCqj

it would be better if they've put 4,7" 720p display(like one x) so the battery last more!what's the point of having a Full HD display in 5"?makes no big difference from 720p!and make things worse for gpu(higher resolution) and battery! but must admit that's the best phone for now!

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-26 09:47
  • sp@8

I wish Htc should have patent the touchscreen itself in 2003..
Haha..I know its not relevant to this post but just posting for the matter of sharing :)

  • Reply
  • 2012-11-26 06:09
  • vGeJ

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.