Reviews - Reader comments

iOS for beginners: Setting up your iPhone

03 January 2013 | Read the review | Post your comment
iOS for beginners: Setting up your iPhone - read the full textWhether you love it, hate it or even loathe it, Apple’s smartphone remains a desirable piece of tech for many out there. And whether you’ve bought one, are thinking about it, or even trying to find reasons why you shouldn’t, it's important to find out what makes it stand apart...

 

Sort by:

No multitasking.....
I can use youtube and camera at the same time on my Xperia t cheers

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 07:11
  • 39x{

the reviews of different OS is a great start for the year specially on mobile websites like GSMARENA while there are new OS coming.

iOS is simple as what you say or better say there is nothing in it, and using the word simplicity to cover the nothingness or lacking in iphones because they do not want to improve it. and there are people who prefer this simplicity.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 07:07
  • g8Xg

Next Review

Windows

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 06:42
  • utq3

> In reply to Salil... @ 2013-01-04 06:19 from vG{g - click to readSave the best OS for last.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 06:31
  • kg3U

Next review will be.....Windows for beginners.. :-D

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 06:19
  • vG{g


Great article, im new in this world of smartphones. I just bought my new iphone a month ago and its awesome and very user friendly (in which i just realise after strugglin hard to learn about itunes phone to laptop, apps to laptop to phone, and other ways around in which i believe a sign of a true beginner)but nonetheless iphone with ios, im more than satisfied. U need apps go search on appstore? Need to know anything below and even above the sun, search on safari. U dont need an antivirus on iphone because of constant ios updates i strongly believe on that. To learn more of your iphone search on safari and click apple website. Its a great phone i believe, im planning to try android phones too, but just to play it. My iphone is my primary phone, others will be my "play" phone where in i can explore more (my outlook after reading some reviews)

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 05:37
  • t7Xr

iPhone is a "phone", not a mini computer.
Either has the android mentality, the writer may be a devoted fanboy delivering punches towards apple to improve iOS itself...

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 02:54
  • uCcw

iOS is a joke, too simple and limited funtions just suitable for grandma and kids. if you are smart enough go buy android phone.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 02:54
  • tVve

well, the review is straight forward just like the IOS is nonetheless...

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 02:08
  • vpcS

I like ios but andriod is more suitable for me.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 02:07
  • PScc

I remember iOS, it used to be on my plastic cash register I got for christmas when I was 2

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 01:47
  • nxwR

> In reply to TheAgent @ 2013-01-03 22:19 from a005 - click to readLol, even apple fans can't appreciate when someone making a good tutorial for ios.
Sad that much because less page compare to android guide ? :)

Don't worry, when 'WP for beginners' article come out, it will still cover more page than ios one ^^.

I don't use ios, but I still appreciate the writer of this article that kindly share his expertise in ios to give guide for us reader.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 01:26
  • XMiw

Well i think there is no need to make an apple for begginer guide ios itself is very user friendly and there is abook for iphone dummies called iphone for dummies out there http://img.wowebook.com/images/826588800.jpg

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-04 00:40
  • y$hd

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-03 20:37 from bEKN - click to readThe most deciding factor for choosing UNIX based OSs is the independence from another, usually competitive company like Microsoft.
Add financial reasons to the mix and you got the main reasons why companies choose open source.

You can't expect Google, not even Facebook to use IIS and ASP.NET as their web technologies, can you?

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-03 22:36
  • a005

Was this "iOS for beginners" or "Hacking iOS"?
Whoever wrote this had an Android mentality.

The whole idea behind iOS is ease of use, being straightforward and fluid, just like Windows Phone. You don't need to use any of these hacks, just trust the engineers and enjoy the hassle-free experience.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-03 22:19
  • a005

iOS for beginners is iOS for experts.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-03 22:05
  • QLyQ

> In reply to Mike [RO] @ 2013-01-03 20:57 from 0UfC - click to readCustomization is also a choice. ;-) . No one forces android users to customize. Most devices come with sane defaults and people are happy with it.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-03 22:03
  • bEKN

After buying a smartphone, any smartphone, when it comes to setting it up to your likings, you should always start on the premise that everything is messed up and literally go through each and every customization option you get. It will take some time depending on your device but the results are stunning. TRUST ME ;)

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-03 20:57
  • 0UfC

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-03 20:37 from bEKN - click to read*OSX has a lot of BSD .

Stupid autocorrect. :-P

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-03 20:38
  • bEKN

> In reply to Saurav Ghosh @ 2013-01-03 20:07 from ute6 - click to readNo, you lock your house with a lock and key. What is being suggested is that the lock design be opened up to review and penetration testing. But why should you care? The security of the house is maintained by you holding onto the key and the design of the lock.

The design of the lock will benefit from the open source community.

Think... Why are most web servers running on Linux or *BSD?? Because they are very secure. In fact even apple takes from open source. OSX NASA lot of BSD in it. WebKit used by safari and android browser are open source. Xcode has lots of GCC in it. A lot of the things you use are open source it have been built by open source.

  • Reply
  • 2013-01-03 20:37
  • bEKN

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.