i have the same problem concerning the MEMORY FULL and i cant recieve the sms, atleast not untill i delete half of my saved msg. and it would take hours sometimes.
i have had this phone for two years and its getting on my nurves and currently looking for another one
after using this mobile for almost 9months, i keep getting the annoying memory full, can't receive sms notice. i have tried to delete everything, but still get this notice. can someone help?
i have a nokia n71 phone its great never been batter but i have a probblem and i realy want someone to help me please i need the java sis aplctaion that maks my phone go on the internet can someone please i realy need it u can eamil me back at firstname.lastname@example.org thank u ~!!!
1. New S60v3 / Symbian 9.1 Operating System (Geeks/Power users will fully appreciate the implications of this)
2. Killer photo and video quality (15fps)
3. Great grip. The size may be an issue for some, but not for former users of the Nokia 6260 who will love it.
1. The joystick and buttons around were designed for female East European models and are crappy to use (Some practice required?)
2. The external screen cannot display message contents - something that's trivial to implement on Symbian 9.1
3. No WiFi - I mean come on! It's supported by the OS and the phone's heavy enough.
The phone comes with a USB cable so simply download the latest Nokia software (firmware) updater and flash your phone to remove buggy features: http://www.nokia.com/A4176110 (Please read the instructions carefully, it's almost, but not totally idiot-proof)
Install the SMS application from the Nokia website in case messages are slopwing things down.
Get loads of applications from http://www.series60v3.com/ and on IRC irc://irc.efnet.net/#aivanet aka http://pdadb.info/?cat=s60v3
To sum up, a great phone if the size and lack of WiFi doesn't bother you.
I bought my N71 JUNE 2006, its a great phone but my problem is the slow message by sending it. Would you please help us to arrange the problem of my mobile. Thank you.
I agree with the comments regarding the scratches on the screen. It becomes annoying after a while because it can irritate your eyes trying to read letters behind the scratches. Otherwise, the body is bulky (my fault, I did not notice the size when I bought it!). Not too many applications can work with this telephone!.
I bought a N71 just last month....!
Its a wonderful phone with one hell of features!Gr8 to have it for this kind of a price(I bought it for $510 SGD)..bought it in singapore...fantastic phone loaded with gr8 features..the camera quality is superb! But noteable disadvantages as well....
*Loaded with Features(Infra,Bluetooth,WAP,2MP Camera with Flash,FM etc)
*It gets 90% of the clarity of a digicam(I have taken some 2000 pictures in 20 days,thats the kind of quality it gives)
*The features that the outside screen offers are gr8
*Video Calling & 3G
*Sym OS 9.1 (Its really fast)
*Easy to understand
*Easy to use
*The screen gets scratched easily
(The quality of the screen is questionable,as it gets scratched easily....its been just 20 days since i bought N71,but i use it profusely,cant sleep without my mobile i eat,sleep,work with it)
*Hangs at times
*Less themes(And i am not able to Edit the themes,like i am not able to change the bars[battery indicator&Signal indicator] in a selected theme)
*No instant messaging(Even a Nokia 6030 has that)
*Wallpaper could'nt be streched!!!The photo in the wallpaper looks cramped or shrinked to its orginal quality,so nokia has to give an option to Strech the wallpaper(i had an N-GageQD,even in that the wallpaper was superb)
*A bit clumsy to hold...since i had an N-GageQD i feel easier to handle N71,as N-GageQD was heavier than N71
*The auto-lock period is given in Minutes only(Minimum 1 minute)
*A bit slow camera
Other than these dis-advantages the phone is really really good!Good work nokia,but need to clear the disadvantages soon!
I just got my new N71, yesterday, and 1st impressions are great, it is a little bulky and heavy in the hand, but feels solid, the screen is excellent and a great size, the sound quality is also solid, all in all a top class phone.
N71 is a great phone, good quality of camera, run so fast, if sending simple msg too slow, u can install SMS_Accelerator application that can be found at Nokia Official page. u also can install many application, just look at www.series60v3.com. The only problem is the size and heavy :P
I love this phone
I've got the N71 for more that 2 months now in Malaysia. These are the problems that I've encountered:
1. The design flaw that caused the screen to scratch badly. As the phone is still under warranty and the distributor has planned to change the housing for me. But after a month, won't it happen again? I've to call Nokia to see what can they do about this. Some people say that the scratch is very minor and is hardly visible. Yes this is true when the phone is 1-2 weeks old. But after a few months, it gets really bad. After 2 months, the scratches on my phone runs half of the screen!!!
2. The colour from navigation pad has peeled... I'm a average user not a hard core. Well, even if I'm a hard core... 2 months of use to cause the peeling???
3. Phone hangs a lot of the time. Very irritating when you put in your pocket and you are unaware. The only way to know is if you unflip the phone.
4. Some applications such as themes cannot be uninstalled. I've emailed Nokia about this.
5. Simple SMS takes 1 minute to send out!!! On which you cannot do anything during that 1 minute.
6. Camera shots need to rock steady. Minor movements will make the picture blur.
Other than these problems... The phone is pretty good. I like the quality of the screen.
bought the N71 - fantastic phone, was offered the N80 but decided against it, now I know that the N71 has two web formats an advanced one and and older verson, my question is how do i activate the advanced one so that i can view the net as you view it on your your PC....please answer....thanks
I've had this handset for over a month, now, and, unfortunately, I must add a few more negative impressions to your review: first, the construction is of even lower quality than you depicted. I don't know if you've had the test sample enough for this to occur, but, after a short while, due to the fact that the top cover touches the bottom one's keypad and protuberances instead of the (almost symbolic and useless) silicone inserts meant to support it, the screen surface will get deep and very noticeable scratches. Also, it doesn't take long for the whole upper body to start creaking and wobbling as if it was an old cupboard's wooden door. Of course, there are some software bugs aswell, but they are (hopefuly) an easily fixable problem once FW updates will be available. Other than that, I must say that the pictures taken with your testing sample and posted in the review are a lot better that the ones I took... Weird!
N9K1 is not right on his comments...the camera is far superior to any SE product to date - Fact. A bit bulky, but simple to use all functions - browsing, imaging, messaging, etc.
more thing Nokia, please dont export 3G phones to countries that dont have 3G networks !!!
where i autofocus ??
not a good camera :@ !
again sony ericsson on top !
music gotta be gre8 in walkman series of SE