Reviews - Reader comments

Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 vs Samsung I9505 Galaxy S4: Double or nothing

Samsung I9500 Galaxy S4 vs Samsung I9505 Galaxy S4: Double or nothing - read the full textThe Android smartphone market in 2013 is as over-crowded as ever. But when it comes to the very high-end, luckily for everybody, there are not that many options. Every manufacturer has a single flagship and that's it. Or is it? Last time we checked...

 

Sort by:

> In reply to Uzin @ 2013-06-10 17:22 from rJAF - click to readLOL! I started off thinking you were on to something. Sure look at the Iphone 5, but only to realize it's only a couple milo seconds faster. And only so by being system wide restricted.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-11 22:20
  • 4QSR

If you have taken a final decision to go with Android, then Samsung Galaxy S4 is the most advanced choice available in the market. However, it would still be sensible to compare it against the king of all hearts - Apple iPhone5. I came across this Face-off happening between the two at this new website:
BRAND COLLAGE

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-10 17:22
  • rJAF

> In reply to tripple sss @ 2013-06-04 07:54 from Mv2E - click to readLol. Nice fairy tale.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-07 08:37
  • 4QSR

> In reply to Mr.D @ 2013-06-07 00:27 from HD%x - click to readP.s. I double cheked. At antutu benchmark snapdragon score ~24k; exidna octa core score 28-31k. So who ever did the bench marks got things a bit wrong...

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-07 00:41
  • HD%x

What I have heard, that corean version is soo much better. Not that only you get and extra battery and battery charger, but it is a octa core, lte capable device. In other words, fastest lte posible, with octa core power capabilities and 2 batteries, what make talk, web and video timing x2... Huh, would it take a geneus to tell what I would choose?

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-07 00:27
  • HD%x

I bought the i9500 only because i had a 550 NIS (about 130 $) discussant and that's big difference for me

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-06 19:18
  • 0@pF

Seriously how can you say that snapdragon is better then exynos ? How can you compare its even better in gaming remember powervrsgx 543 iphone gpu and in iphone games run smoothly and s4 544 it all depends on optimization of the software and games and in every benchmarks octa outperfoms the snapdragon verision i bet guys are jealous because they dont have octa core version and got snapdragon we will see in future which one is better and up to date and yeah costom roms is a mess its not stable so yeah people shut up and enjoy your phones

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-04 14:01
  • 6qTy

i have 2 mobiles phone the xperia z and the s4 exynos.
but simply if the exynos is faster than qualcom so go samsung work in somthing other than technologie ..cz the xperia z is faster in each application ..

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-04 07:54
  • Mv2E

i am confused now , i dont know what to buy , here they say that snapdragon is better than exynos in term of battery , other websites they do say that exynos is better . hows that possible !!! are they using different mobiles!!!!!!

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-03 10:03
  • p7As

> In reply to Samsung Addicted @ 2013-06-03 01:10 from H8%k - click to readUm...Don't post things you don't understand please.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-03 09:54
  • 4QSR

> In reply to Don @ 2013-06-02 20:55 from KIFJ - click to readhey! do you have problems with your fingers? i can't read what you are typing in..

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-03 05:35
  • vj1N

I have GT-i9505, and this version Quad-Core 1.9GHz it's a much better than Octa core (1.6GHz& 1.2GHz) "weak version" ~~~

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-03 01:10
  • H8%k

> In reply to ham4mza @ 2013-06-01 23:26 from mgx7 - click to readNote III vl b btr dn sIV bt if fr u 5 inch screen is enough and u dnt wnt to have such a big phone dn sIV is f9.
As u already know for sure, dat octa core means onli 4 cores at a time nd fr smaller works onli 1.2GHz cpu vl b on nd it depends on u a battery lyf or a phone wd better perfomance. On da whole dey both have mostly same perfomance wd Quad processor having better battery lyf.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-02 20:55
  • KIFJ

Don't be confuse of GS 4 phone if had many models, wait the GS 5 and i'll surely the made it perfect. Why? They made more GS 4 models trying to know the best phone on their experiment model that they lunch next...

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-02 19:53
  • 0@bt

in my country the difference between both s4 is USD 100 !!!!! (octa is cheaper like USD 620) so for which one should i go for plzzz help (i am in the favor of octa) or should i wat for note 3
ham4mza@hotmail.com

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-01 23:26
  • mgx7

I think the battery performance is due to the difference between process nodes. I believe Exynos is on 32nm node and snapdragon is on a 28nm node.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-01 13:49
  • UNVi

One thing that should me worthy of the mention is that it's very likely that the Exynos version of the S4 will never reach the same level of development as the Snapdragon variant because Samsung aren't willing to play ball with the documentation for the chipset.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-01 00:21
  • mpES

Everyone seems to forget that PRIOR to an update AFTER release, the i9505 had a closer rating to that of the i9500.
For example,
TALK TIME went from 13:53 to 18:03 (i9500 is 11:01)
WEB BROWSING went from 8:42 to 7:24 (i9500 is 6:58)
VIDEO PLAYBACK WENT FROM 10:16 to 12:30 (i9500 is 11:29)
So its not the end of the world.
Can most likely be improved with a software update.

  • Reply
  • 2013-06-01 00:03
  • R0KB

> In reply to Ronny @ 2013-05-28 17:36 from DBAh - click to readIn Hong Kong, most people preferred S600 version, due to the LTE speed advantage...

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-30 16:02
  • wiki

> In reply to Lotus Ravenmoore @ 2013-05-28 06:54 from 9Lbi - click to readPersonally I suspect the reliability of these Korean version phones... As I used to visit a Chinese market that dedicated in phone, that a person I met there told me every korean version machine they got are just phones that purchased by people in korea and then they feel unsatisfied or for other reason so they send their phone back to carrier and as those phone are used sothey ccan't sell them again and therefore dump them to other country...I don't know if korean version phone in other country sourced same as those in China, but I had never buy any more of these since then...

  • Reply
  • 2013-05-30 16:02
  • wiki

Note: Sponsored advertising links are in green.