Samsung A167 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.2
6.1
6.2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-17 21:35 from HHHH - click to readThe US version only supports the 850 and 1900 bands.

I think Nigeria needs 900 and/or 1800 bands, so the A167 from the US will not work in Nigeria

• 2014-05-22 12:45
  • kbYu

Am from Nigeria in Africa, My cousin in the US sent this Samsung A167 to me, after inserting my sim its saying no network

• 2012-06-17 21:35
  • HHHH

I have used this phone for about a year, maybe more.
Seriously, if I use it minimally (perhaps a text or two and about 3 minutes of phone calling each day), the battery seems to last forever.
Size - Is a comfortable size for pockets.
Sound - You can download ringtones from Realtones (not sure on the link, but it's easy to find if you google it).
Memory - Just make sure to not take pictures like crazy (or if you do, make an account with HP Snapfish and upload the pictures, then delete them from your phone). I tend to delete my Inbox and Outbox contents (for texting) when they reach near 100.
Texting - Pretty easy. The only downside is using a keypad instead of a QWERTY keyboard.
Email - The default email program only works with Yahoo!, AOL, AIM, Windows Live Hotmail, AT&T Yahoo!, BellSouth, Comcast, Earthlink, Juno, MindSpring, and NetZero. If you have a different email provider, you should set it to forward email to a new account from one of the supported providers.
IM - Haven't used this feature.
Calling - My call quality is okay (I have AT&T), but, people's call-waiting tones are pretty uninteresting.
Web Browsing - The original browser is okay. It doesn't have too much functionality, though and fonts are too big, usually. I would suggest downloading Opera Mini (at m.opera.com). I recently got it and am pretty impressed. It will make the webpage more viewable for you. Though, a note to make is to not exit it with the Hang Up button.

Sorry if none of this info was helpful. ^_^;

• 2012-03-28 04:36
  • 4{iD

how to unlock a 4 number password pin?

• 2012-01-05 17:18
  • Ybhm

The color combination (Yellow for highlihters the and White for the words or numbers in nos easy to read.
I don't know if I can changed it.

• 2010-10-03 22:30
  • 0h8S

I love using this phone.But out of the country and I
love to have it unlock please
Pleas send me the code number

• 2010-09-21 13:16
  • 3IKX

This phone is one of the better "bang for the buck" options out there. One thing I truly love is that in addition to English and Spanish (the only languages offered by most phones), French is an option. Since my wife is from Quebec and her young daughter was born there, this is one really important feature for our family.

If you're heavily into texting you're better off with a phone with a QWERTY keyboard, but if you just need a phone with basic tools and capability of texting / e-mail / web surfing, this phone is as good a value for its price as you'll find. I'll be using this phone long after it's gone from the shelves.

• 2010-04-21 04:22
  • 4q$m

no wander y digicel in fiji --- sells this type of phone

• 2010-03-10 02:17
  • Mfx5

I love it. Easy to use, easy to store. Great for people who do not do alot of texting, but works great for some texting. Very good for people just looking for a good phone for voice.

• 2010-02-21 12:53
  • q5gm

got one of your samsung A167 phone the band wave i need is 900---1800 MHZ. this phone is 850---1900 band.

• 2009-11-09 13:31
  • SqCb

> In reply to C @ 2009-05-15 18:33 from p7{% - click to readlearn how to spell retard

• 2009-10-10 23:14
  • YcM8

This phone is simple to use and works great. If your looking for more features, spend more money. If you want a decent basic phone this is it. Samsung makes great products.

• 2009-08-01 00:57
  • qG3Q

i need to know how get ringtones!!!

• 2009-06-27 06:31
  • 443G

looks like this phone was made 5 years ago

• 2009-06-23 18:20
  • n78e

R u kiding me what kind of Flip top phone is this NO! features at all atleast the flip top phone from SE has features! and this Samsung A167 has NO! features at all...

• 2009-05-15 20:04
  • Srrc

Whenever who desined this crap phone I will like to ask what they were thiking?

The phone desine its just soo wrong! Wake up Samsung........

• 2009-05-15 18:33
  • p7{%
Total of 16 user reviews and opinions for Samsung A167.