Samsung A237 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

5.8
5.6
5.9

Hey does anyone know how to put a ringtone for when someone texts you??? If soo pleasee do tell!

• 2011-05-18 02:31
  • iV@i

This is a great phone. It is pretty much unbreakable. I put it through the wash, droped it down the stairs, got hit with a pole and even droped it into a river and it still works fine. It has along battery life and gets great reception. The camara is decent but unfortunately it lacks a keybord that makes texting a pain. overall I would give this phone a nine out of ten.

• 2010-12-29 01:50

• 2@rB

Blue SamsungA237

• 2010-04-25 21:41
  • 4RKh

I really like this phone. That is all.

• 2010-04-22 03:48
  • kEhy

I've been using this phone for a few months.

It's true, the phone is really simple. However, the user interface is amazing and well thought out.

The front display doesn't show color, but it does show all your notifications, along with time + date, battery, signal strength, etc.

I enjoy how I experience no lagging.

Also, good signal.

The keys are small, but I have small hands, so I'm fine with it.

This is a good phone for those looking for a very simple phone that's straight to the point.

• 2010-03-06 04:03
  • 4pUX

> In reply to MIKE ROGERS @ 2009-10-02 23:50 from kgU6 - click to readI agree. This phone is a piece of junk! I had the A-437 and loved it. Best basic phone I ever had. Why do companies always get rid of good products? Please bring back the A-437.

• 2010-02-23 19:35
  • b1A%

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2009-05-28 21:24 from 4U1D - click to readwhat software do you use?

• 2009-11-09 16:52
  • Rpw%

I am normally very easy to please when it comes to a cell phone until I got the Samsung A237. This phone is a total piece of junk. The nerve that they list this phone for $189.00. I got it for free and thought I got a great deal. Drop calls all the time, horrible volume, low ring tone[on full volume], writing a text message is a project,small keys, hard to use...there is nothing good about this phone.

• 2009-10-02 23:50
  • kgU6

I love this phone. Best phone ever! I dont want a track phone or anything, so this phone is totally awesome! And all of the people who are saying bad things about it, you better shut up!!!!!!!!!!

• 2009-10-01 02:50
  • ImgH

This phone is pure trash. I bought two, one for my wife and one for me. We are heavy users. The phones are going back to ATT 10 days after I bought them. Trash, trash, trash. Poor voice quality, poor reception, short battery life, drop calls and on and on.

• 2009-08-23 01:31
  • jEXV

this phone is ok for a women to use, its a little to small for a guy with bigger hands, the buttons have to be pressed just so for it to work, my old phone which was a samsung SGH-c416 is a much easier phone to use if you have big hands, i also notice that in silent mode RE:vibrator mode it's hard to feel the vibration when you have a call coming in, not so with my old phone, that had a good noticeable vibrator, sure wish they would start making the samsung SGH'c416 again, a real mans phone

• 2009-08-05 03:09
  • ky%M

I love this phone........this phone is rocking...its voice quality good and ots a handy and easy phone People say that it is outdated phone. Bt i agaonst this. Its asimple fon where u can call and text msg Why do i need oyher facilities.

• 2009-07-15 03:24
  • qZ5p

For a basic phone, this is it. I didn't want any of the googaws, just the basics. This is fairly easy to use.

I did have a hard time finding software that would let my phone communicate with my computer. It took a lot of internet searching, but I found it. I wish Samsung would have listed it.

• 2009-05-28 21:24
  • 4U1D

> In reply to Ja @ 2009-03-14 02:07 from kaJx - click to readFollow the directions on the How To Guide on Samsung's website.

• 2009-04-29 06:31
  • qpHJ

This phone looks good in pictures but once u start using it, you feel like you are using a phone designed for early 90's. I remember the samsung phone which I bought in 2003 sounds and looks lot better than this A237. This is very very basic phone with many disappointing features. My A237 phone's speaker phone was not working. Regular voice clarity was not good at all. I would not recommend this phone to anybody. Go for a better phone.

• 2009-04-08 20:13
  • jtU@

I love this phone but my blue tooth doesn't work though! It has great design. Plus every time I dropped(not on purpose) it never broke or got really scratched up! This is an awesome phone!:)

• 2009-03-15 14:57
  • kayy

Where can i find software that allows my phone to connect to the computer, because i plugged in the usb and it can neither connect from the disc it came with nor by normal search.

• 2009-03-14 02:07
  • kaJx

I own a Samsung A237 and the phone is complete junk. Battery doesn't charged long , voice is fading , phone numbers don't last long, bluetooth voice fades , addtional charges I have to correct . This is my first and will be my last Samsung. Can't wait to update.

• 2009-02-26 22:11
  • QsNR
Total of 35 user reviews and opinions for Samsung A237.