Samsung Ativ S I8750 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.2
6.1
6.3

Boris I want to buy this phone if it is good and worth the money if the operating system is stable?????

• 2014-04-06 12:53
  • 3Sqy

I recently updated my ativ s,but its still runs on the same old is version,even tough its says updated successfully I don't get the features of th GDR3 found in windows phone please help me

• 2014-04-05 05:11
  • fuvG

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-02 18:51 from GtQB - click to readYes, all devices running WP8 will be upgradeable to 8.1 because this upgrade is not hardware related but its more major overhauling the OS. Now, i am not sure if the requirements to be able to upgrade your wp8 device will be that you have to have the Update 3 (or called GDR3) installed on your device or GDR2 is enough. But for the logical matters of things, I think you have to have the GDR3 previously installed.
Some of you who has GDR2 and wait for GDR3 on their device, Vladimir has a pretty simple explanation (see few posts before this) how to get the GDR3 on your device and i will tell you that it's working. I did it and i have now the GDR3 on my device. Changing CSC on your device will result with phone hard reseting but that normal and doesn't touch your warranty, so it's safe. I did it with NEE CSC, and it worked immediately. If you don't have NEE, try with APO. NEE is the Nordic CSC and that CSC from what i have read gets new updates faster than others.
Please do notice that upgrading to GDR3 will take some time, maybe 30+ minutes, so whatever you do, do not touch the phone while it installs the GDR3 (or any update). Phone will turn off the screen, but do not afraid, thats ok, installation is still going. When the phone resets, the installation is done.
Happy installation :)

• 2014-04-05 01:14

Will this get the windows phone 8.1 update

• 2014-04-02 18:51
  • GtQB

> In reply to Lacko @ 2014-03-31 17:17 from MSKJ - click to readDid you cut your old SIM card to micro SIM size? There are problems with older SIM cards and this phone. Go to your mobile operator and buy new micro SIM card (about 2 euros in Serbia). That should solve your restarting problems. That is if you did not hack your phone and get restarting problems because of that.
And about CSC codes. If you have GDR3 update you do not need to change CODE. And if you did not get GDR3 over regular update in phone settings then you need to change CSC code as I describe it earlier.

• 2014-03-31 20:44
  • JFkc

I have 2 pieces of this phone. One is dedicated for Slovakia (where I live), the other not - it is for Italy and doesn/t work well with Slovak SIM card. It reboots randomly everyday, even during phoning. It was in service, they replaced some radio module, but it didn't help at all. My question is if changing CSC code from Italy to Slovakia could help with these reboots. Thanks for any advice.

• 2014-03-31 17:17
  • MSKJ

> In reply to BorisMKD @ 2014-03-30 05:41 from B{QN - click to readNo problem my Macedonian brother. Greeting from Serbia :)
You should leave NEE code because there are going to be more updates for win 8 like 8.1 on summer and same problem will be for update. My phone still have NEE code and I'm not going to change that. So that will not bother your phone in any way. Just do manual settings for MMS and WAP in APN settings if phone does not do it for you. You can find manual for that on web site of your mob operator under manual settings for WAP and MMS.

• 2014-03-30 22:35
  • JFkc

> In reply to Vladimir @ 2014-03-29 02:16 from JFkc - click to readdouble post, sorry :)

• 2014-03-30 05:56
  • B{QN

> In reply to Vladimir @ 2014-03-29 02:16 from JFkc - click to readThank you Vladimir, i was just going to write you a reply that i made it with NEE cuz my phone didn't had ATO in the list too. So, now I have the GDR3 on my phone and all the procedure went smoothly, tho, before i did anything i spend lots of time searching through numerous forums and sites regarding WP8 OS Updates, just to check all the aspects and don't screw up something, lol. I mean, i got pretty much good in tweaking Windows Mobile devices, like my Omnia i900 (still using it as a secondary device), but WP8 OS is kinda new to me, so better be safe than sorry, right? :))).
Yes, after i got updated with GDR3, I returned to my country code which is MBM and stands for T-Mobile Macedonia. First thing i did notice, is that i have way much better battery life than i had with GDR2, which was pretty much decent battery life.
Thank you again for your quick tutorial in upgrading WP8 with GDR3. God bless you. :)

• 2014-03-30 05:41
  • B{QN

> In reply to BorisMKD @ 2014-03-28 01:39 from B{QR - click to readNo, you do not lose warranty. You can always go back to your old code. CSC codes are just settings for different countries. ATO - Austria, NEE - Nordic. I have tested on my own phone over 15 different CSC codes because I do not have ATO code in that list of codes. So I tested many others to find which will work and find that NEE works. When you putt different code it will give you WAP and MMS settings for that country so you will need to manually adjust WAP and MMS settings for your country if your carrier does not do it automatically.
When you click on update in settings win mob will check which code do you have. Because only some countries are getting GDR3 for now so you need to trick win mob that you live there.
Some apps like HERE DRIVE + are checking your SIM card and not CSC code.

• 2014-03-29 02:16
  • JFkc

> In reply to Vladimir @ 2014-03-26 17:57 from JFkc - click to readAre you sure about this method? Will changing your CSC remove the warranty? Did you do this with your phone too, it worked?
I mean, the codes you provide are correct, they do work, and I did manage to get into the CSC Converter, I just need to be sure if this is a safe method :)
I do own this remarkable piece of device, and I do believe that Windows Phone will get back on the throne where it was with Windows Mobile 5 and 6 before they stopped the development of WM in favor of WP7 and let Android take their place as the only alternative OS for smartphones. :)

• 2014-03-28 01:39
  • B{QR

> In reply to jeebus @ 2014-03-17 15:01 from sF}% - click to readIf you checked for update in settings and did not get gdr3 you need to change CSC code.
dial ##634# then *#321647335
now you will see list of codes and which is yours.
Change code to ATO or NEE then phone will reset (hard reset). It will delete all of your data so back up before this.
Then go again in settings and check for update.
Note: battery min 70% and wifi turn ON
It will last for about 30 min and restart 2 or 3 times.
After that it will be OS version: 8.0.10517.150
You need to do restart once again by holding power button until restart to get data sens and other programs and features.
PS. Samsung does not care for their customers on win mob like Nokia so you need to do all that.

• 2014-03-26 17:57
  • JFkc

It is a good phone although I have had a couple of problems, one being the slowness of the auto-brightness and having to use auto-brightness because medium brightness is too bright and with low brightness you can't see your phone outside in the sunshine.

The other problem is that it seems a bit picky about which Wi-fi routers it works with, solid with some, frequent disconnection with others, must be something to do with WPA versus WPA2 or TKIP versus AES I reckon.

• 2014-03-25 01:43
  • dQeG

Great phone. Have been using it for a couple of weeks and I can honestly say that it is an amazing phone. On it's price range I don't think you can find a better choice.

• 2014-03-21 19:06
  • 6sT1

> In reply to Vladimir @ 2014-03-13 20:30 from JFkc - click to readAre you sure? Because i could not update mine

• 2014-03-17 15:01
  • sF}%

now me have problem with my phone....after me close now can't open

• 2014-03-14 02:57
  • 2Wxu

I have Ativ S with gdr3 update. It is great phone but me and many others can not activate FM radio. GSM arena can you help??? In many forums that I have red there are info that fm radio hardware is there but no driver support for ativ S. Once again please help GSM arena or anybody else. I bought this phone because I have red in GSMarena review that it will get FM radio with gdr2 update but it isn't there. Thanks in advance.

• 2014-03-13 20:30

Samsung Ativ S 100% upgrade Windows black GDR-3, post in this page

• 2014-03-12 10:53
  • 3bmY

as per features its gud !!

• 2014-03-09 15:37
  • 7j%Z
Total of 695 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Ativ S I8750.