Samsung Ativ S I8750 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.2
6.1
6.3

Hey guys, I have problem because my phone restarts many times, but only durring the night. When it goes like that I have note on display that phone can't find the network. I tryed with removing sim card and placinig it back, as it is sugested earlier in those posts, but problem remains. Does anybody have clue what is going on? Thanks.

• 2014-04-11 09:27
  • 9CWD

> In reply to DevionKnight @ 2014-04-08 09:12 from RJhb - click to readIt's ok man, sorry for being little bit tough, but you did understand my reasons. If you are planning to get ATIV S, go and get it, i highly recommend it. And if you get it with OS version who is lower that GDR3, scroll few post below, search for posts of me and Vladimir, there is an explanation how to get the GDR3 right away without voiding the warranty. Hope your next post will be that you got the phone, believe me, the phone is just AWESOME :) Cheers.

• 2014-04-08 20:56
  • B{QN

> In reply to BorisMKD @ 2014-04-08 01:00 from B{QN - click to readAlright man, I really do appreciate your reply, though.
Okay, i'll admit that I didn't thoroughly did my research on this matter before. But I did continue on after posting my queries here. And no, I don't think that Samsung is shitting on their WP8. Infact, I do find this phone rather spectacular!
Awesome! planning to get one
thanks man!

• 2014-04-08 09:12
  • RJhb

> In reply to DevionKnight @ 2014-04-07 21:36 from RJhb - click to readi so hate people who come here and just bump a question like this before they do their re-search. You could only scroll a few posts down (below), where i did explain about ATIV S getting the 8.1 update.
ONCE AGAIN, Samsung Ativ S and all phones running WP8 will get the WP8.1 update in time, and this time will be way faster than the last Update 3 (GDR3). More of this, Samsung ATIV S is scheduled to get updates even for WP9 (YES, WP9)when it comes. This was a major news on every major mobile phone sites, tech sites. etc across the world. So there is no chance someone didn't find anything about this, you just did not did your re-search. About the bulshit that Samsung is not supporting WP8, think again... it does support it and it will be more and more, like it was in the past with Windows Mobile. They already scheduled the Samsung ATIV SE to be announced. And for those who doesn't know the difference i will explain you quickly:
Samsung ATIV S = Samsung Galaxy S3 on WP8
Samsung ATIV SE = Samsung Galaxy S4 on WP8
Bottom line: I love my ATIV S, and will use it till the phone start to fall apart and i will have to throw it away. :))) But then i will get the international version of Samsung ATIV SE, :))

• 2014-04-08 01:00
  • B{QN

> In reply to Alexx @ 2014-04-07 19:15 from 3cjG - click to readAlexx, I absolutely agree with you on this. One of the Editorial directors of PocketNow said about this phone: "If you love the WP8 OS, you would love to run it on ATIV S". Guys and girls who are hesitating about buying this phone ... DON'T.... just go and get it, you will love it, trust me.

• 2014-04-08 00:52
  • B{QN

Is this phone going to get the WP 8.1 update?!

Because I heard. That the Samsung Ativ S Neo is getting it, but its isn't international, its only for the US.
so my question is, is the international version of "Samsung Ativ S" gets the WP8.1 update?!

• 2014-04-07 21:36
  • RJhb

Stop spamming with lumia 920 and 820 its not better than ativ s,i always been a fan of nokia,but this phone is better,the only that really beat him its the lumia 925,lumia 920 sound quality is very low the lumia 820 its much better than 920,but the ativ s its much better than the 820.Its a good phone and it worth buying it.Stop listen to others spamers "Samsung not suport windows phone ".Its suported by samsung.They gonna release samsung ativ se ,its a galaxy s4 with windows phone.

• 2014-04-07 19:15
  • 3cjG

> In reply to М k d @ 2014-04-06 12:53 from 3Sqy - click to readFirst of all, you should tell me the price they are offering for this phone. Assuming that the price is acceptable by you i will tell you just 3 words "GO FOR IT". I wanted this phone since the day it came out and a year later i got it and since i am a power user of smartphones (never used an Android phone as a daily driver, but i did play with them), I wasn't more happier in my life having a smartphone when i got the ATIV S. It's the best phone i ever had. The OS is stable as it can be, i will vouch that it's even more stable than the dull and boring iOS (any version). Microsoft has offered a 100.000$ reward last summer if any developer can find a serious bug in WP8. I will only say this: The reward still stays on, no one has won it. So far i haven't read that someone with a device who runs WP8 had "freezing issues", even the Huawei W1 and W2 who are running both WP8, have not such issues. If someone has issues of phone restarting, thats either a bad instalation, or manufacturing error, which can happen in any brand of mobile phones. If you want a stable as a rock phone with stable as a rock OS, with a big and beautiful ... wait ... GORGEOUS HD Super AMOLED screen, who can record Full HD videos on 30 frames per second, a phone who might not impress you with the design and color, but with functionality and accuracy, then Sasmung ATIV S is a phone for you. It's a business phone meets fun meets gaming meets perfection.
don't hesitate, go and get it, you won't regret a second. And yes, if you haven't experience a WP8 environment so far, it might took you a day or two to get use to it, but WP8 is made so simple that is a dumb proof phone. With every new thing you find on your phone, you gonna love it more and more. :)
Hope i helped you :)

• 2014-04-07 02:17
  • B{QN

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-05 05:11 from fuvG - click to readOk, first of all that might be a minor update and most probably carrier related, so you are still on GDR2. If you had a GDR3, your Os version would be one of these numbers (8.0.10501.127, 8.0.10512.142, 8.0.10517.150, or 8.0.10521.155*). I will recommend you to do the trick Vladimir posted few posts below and if you have NEE CSC, choose that, if not you might have APO, thats fine too. And sometimes before ask some questions, please do read previous posts, your problem might be answered in those posts.
Please do inform us what you did next and next time write your current OS Version so we can know how to help you more effectively, and PLEASE, take a second to write a name when you post. There are too much Anonymous person and we don't know to whom we to reply. :)

• 2014-04-06 15:56
  • B{QN

Boris I want to buy this phone if it is good and worth the money if the operating system is stable?????

• 2014-04-06 12:53
  • 3Sqy

I recently updated my ativ s,but its still runs on the same old is version,even tough its says updated successfully I don't get the features of th GDR3 found in windows phone please help me

• 2014-04-05 05:11
  • fuvG

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-02 18:51 from GtQB - click to readYes, all devices running WP8 will be upgradeable to 8.1 because this upgrade is not hardware related but its more major overhauling the OS. Now, i am not sure if the requirements to be able to upgrade your wp8 device will be that you have to have the Update 3 (or called GDR3) installed on your device or GDR2 is enough. But for the logical matters of things, I think you have to have the GDR3 previously installed.
Some of you who has GDR2 and wait for GDR3 on their device, Vladimir has a pretty simple explanation (see few posts before this) how to get the GDR3 on your device and i will tell you that it's working. I did it and i have now the GDR3 on my device. Changing CSC on your device will result with phone hard reseting but that normal and doesn't touch your warranty, so it's safe. I did it with NEE CSC, and it worked immediately. If you don't have NEE, try with APO. NEE is the Nordic CSC and that CSC from what i have read gets new updates faster than others.
Please do notice that upgrading to GDR3 will take some time, maybe 30+ minutes, so whatever you do, do not touch the phone while it installs the GDR3 (or any update). Phone will turn off the screen, but do not afraid, thats ok, installation is still going. When the phone resets, the installation is done.
Happy installation :)

• 2014-04-05 01:14

Will this get the windows phone 8.1 update

• 2014-04-02 18:51
  • GtQB

> In reply to Lacko @ 2014-03-31 17:17 from MSKJ - click to readDid you cut your old SIM card to micro SIM size? There are problems with older SIM cards and this phone. Go to your mobile operator and buy new micro SIM card (about 2 euros in Serbia). That should solve your restarting problems. That is if you did not hack your phone and get restarting problems because of that.
And about CSC codes. If you have GDR3 update you do not need to change CODE. And if you did not get GDR3 over regular update in phone settings then you need to change CSC code as I describe it earlier.

• 2014-03-31 20:44
  • JFkc

I have 2 pieces of this phone. One is dedicated for Slovakia (where I live), the other not - it is for Italy and doesn/t work well with Slovak SIM card. It reboots randomly everyday, even during phoning. It was in service, they replaced some radio module, but it didn't help at all. My question is if changing CSC code from Italy to Slovakia could help with these reboots. Thanks for any advice.

• 2014-03-31 17:17
  • MSKJ

> In reply to BorisMKD @ 2014-03-30 05:41 from B{QN - click to readNo problem my Macedonian brother. Greeting from Serbia :)
You should leave NEE code because there are going to be more updates for win 8 like 8.1 on summer and same problem will be for update. My phone still have NEE code and I'm not going to change that. So that will not bother your phone in any way. Just do manual settings for MMS and WAP in APN settings if phone does not do it for you. You can find manual for that on web site of your mob operator under manual settings for WAP and MMS.

• 2014-03-30 22:35
  • JFkc

> In reply to Vladimir @ 2014-03-29 02:16 from JFkc - click to readdouble post, sorry :)

• 2014-03-30 05:56
  • B{QN

> In reply to Vladimir @ 2014-03-29 02:16 from JFkc - click to readThank you Vladimir, i was just going to write you a reply that i made it with NEE cuz my phone didn't had ATO in the list too. So, now I have the GDR3 on my phone and all the procedure went smoothly, tho, before i did anything i spend lots of time searching through numerous forums and sites regarding WP8 OS Updates, just to check all the aspects and don't screw up something, lol. I mean, i got pretty much good in tweaking Windows Mobile devices, like my Omnia i900 (still using it as a secondary device), but WP8 OS is kinda new to me, so better be safe than sorry, right? :))).
Yes, after i got updated with GDR3, I returned to my country code which is MBM and stands for T-Mobile Macedonia. First thing i did notice, is that i have way much better battery life than i had with GDR2, which was pretty much decent battery life.
Thank you again for your quick tutorial in upgrading WP8 with GDR3. God bless you. :)

• 2014-03-30 05:41
  • B{QN

> In reply to BorisMKD @ 2014-03-28 01:39 from B{QR - click to readNo, you do not lose warranty. You can always go back to your old code. CSC codes are just settings for different countries. ATO - Austria, NEE - Nordic. I have tested on my own phone over 15 different CSC codes because I do not have ATO code in that list of codes. So I tested many others to find which will work and find that NEE works. When you putt different code it will give you WAP and MMS settings for that country so you will need to manually adjust WAP and MMS settings for your country if your carrier does not do it automatically.
When you click on update in settings win mob will check which code do you have. Because only some countries are getting GDR3 for now so you need to trick win mob that you live there.
Some apps like HERE DRIVE + are checking your SIM card and not CSC code.

• 2014-03-29 02:16
  • JFkc
Total of 704 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Ativ S I8750.