I hv query...if anybody can do multitask while connecting the mobile with Laptop or desktop?? bcoz i cant open anything like msg or cant do calls if u hv any idea abt this...
Bhimsen, 24 Jun 2010Thanks for the info... i hv another query...if anybody can do multitask while connecting the m... moreYou can enable Gestures from Smart unlock and choose some applications that you can access even if the phone is locked. But some of them like music player will still fail to launch while the device is connected.
[deleted post]Well from my opinion... choose Corby Pro... because its specifications are much better from Nokia E63 in many ways:
1) Corby Pro got bigger screen and also touch
2) Corby got Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate but E63 doesn't
3) Internal memory in Corby is 150 MB while it's only 120 MB in E63
4)Corby’s Pro camera is higher 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, video, Geo-tagging, smile detection and yes it doesn’t got flash but it take an excellent pictures for 3.15mp camera without flash even in night without choosing the night mode but E63 2 MP, 1600x1200 pixels, LED flash
5) Corby Pro got secondary camera for video calling but E63 doesn't
6) Corby Pro doesn't got Symbian OS 9.2, Series 60 v3.1 UI but E63 does which is good cause I know that when someone send you a file and it contain virus say goodbye to the software but non Symbian phone will not be affected
7) Corby Pro got Gps but E63 doesn't
8) Corby Pro got Fashion Jackets (changeable battery covers) but E63 doesn’t
9) The only 2 things that Corby Pro doesn't have and E63 have are
Document editor (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF) incl. MS Office 2007 support via free update and Push to talk
so I think Corby pro wins and my opinion in Corby Pro that it's really amazing phone it can only be tricky in using the wifi (didn't know how to connect my home router properly yet :)) and you need a couple of steps to download a game or application but once you try them... you found it that's a user friendly phone
So go for Corby pro and believe me you won't regret it
Note: I didn’t use Nokia E63 before but I have Cory pro so I told you what I think from phones specifications and from my personal use and experience with Corby Pro
ashraf, 25 Jun 2010can i use corby pro as a modem with my PC?Yes you can use the Corby Pro as a modem with my PC.. you can do this buy opening kies and then press setting then widget and choose tethering from the list... this will allow you to connect to the internet via mobile phone.... but to be hoesnt with you i never tried it but am sure 100% that you can
Fi, 24 Jun 2010I've had this phone for a month and it is nice looking, has some nice features but is not the ... moreNote: you can set the details that i told you about for every alarm you create on your phone no matter how much they are
Fi, 24 Jun 2010I've had this phone for a month and it is nice looking, has some nice features but is not the ... moreHello Fi... I can answer on only 2 of your questions....
1st) the alarm... now you can choose which days you want for the alarm to alert you or to be repeated... and you can do this by the following steps:
C) Choose one of the alarms you created
D)When you choose one you'll see in the first page the "alarm name" and "alarm time" now press on your Volume keys (the one that lower the volume) and in the next page you'll see "alarm repeat"
D) Press on "alarm repeat" and now you can choose from: everyday, once only or any day you like
After the "alarm repeat" and also in the 2nd page you'll see “snoozes” option...
3rd page there will be: “snooze duration" and snooze repeat"
2nd) about the time that the phone take to open the meg... well maybe because there is a lot of messages saved on it... try to erase the ones that you don't need and see what will happen... cause my Corby open the message immediately
Hope my reply helped you :)
Midoz, 24 Jun 2010wi fi works for me
try to be closer to the router
and make sure the wifi in the router worksWell 1st i was in the same room that the router is in it... 2nd.. i called link dsl the service provider and asked them for what should i write in the details of the selected hotspot on my corby and they told me... but now i get "no respond from ap" instead of "authenication failed"... and then i tried to log in the internet with the setting that mobinil network sent me and i was able to surfe the net... but still i can't through wifi...
so any help...
note: the wifi is in my home and it's secured and to anyone from egypt my dsl is link.net and my router is linksys
I've had this phone for a month and it is nice looking, has some nice features but is not the most user friendly.
Some of the problems I have experienced:
1. The alarm clock is terrible. If you have more than one alarm type and then switch back to another alarm you have created, it saves the alarm time but not your other settings (eg. the days for the alarm to go off). I've been late for work twice now because my alarm didn't go off. Am I doing something wrong?
2. The internet browser isn't great and neither is the pre-installed facebook app. I've gotten around this by using opera mini, but with any apps that are not pre-installed, the screen doesn't rotate when you use your qwerty keyboard, very annoying.
3. The camera has no flash (takes great pics though).
4. When you are on a phonecall, the screen goes black so you can't search for numbers or dial numbers properly if you call one of those numbers with voice prompts (like "press 1 for....").
5. You can't rearrange the order of the apps you install, which all automatically get saved under games (by the way, the games pre-installed are just demos).
6. New smses received take forever to open.
Anonymous, 23 Jun 2010@ bhimsen
personalising da profile
in the "caller alert type"sele... moreThanks for the info... i hv another query...if anybody can do multitask while connecting the mobile with Laptop or desktop?? bcoz i cant open anything like msg or cant do calls if u hv any idea abt this...
Jane, 23 Jun 2010Hello everyone.... i just bought corby pro yesterday... and whenever i try to connect to the w... morewi fi works for me
try to be closer to the router
and make sure the wifi in the router works
Jo, 22 Jun 2010i owned a corby pro.. i wanna know if this has a camera zoom feature??? i guess it doesn't have...Yes has zoom, but no flash :(
Does it actually have a flash for the camera?
It says LED Flash, but never seen it?
This phone is good for an average user.. But just pathetic when compared with the features of Nokia 5800!! Main Disadvantage is the OS !!!
If you are a user who would like to install apps, themes, games etc.. I would suggest you to go for Nokia 5230 / 5800 which is much better compared to this with the same features (5800 only).
Hello everyone.... i just bought corby pro yesterday... and whenever i try to connect to the wifi it fails... and i tried every method on the opinon except the ad hoc (cause i seems complicated) but it didn't work... so can anyone please help me... am from egypt and my dsl connection is link.net.. and my router is linksys
that handset is so nice and that is to very good lookwise so good keypad is so nice.lot of feature is available in the middle range mobile..
s, 19 Jun 2010pls tel about headset quality to hear sngsHead phone supplied with phone is worst..get a sennheiser headset..it rockz & u'll feel de difference..