Me, 01 Jul 2009Is it true this phone can only store 200 SMS? Nope, it can store 300 SMS.
Anonymous, 28 Jun 2009Anybody have Expansys (Singapore)phone number. Number stated in the webpage is Hongkong number... moreExpansys: 7 days refund/replacement, + 1 year warranty
Their Singapore branch is really their Hong Kong branch, so number is HK.
Ivan Pinto, 29 Jun 2009It is an excellent mobile with the features to receive calls on both SIMS at the same time. Ho... moreHow to do the SIM switching before making a call or sending a SMS? It's soooo damn easy :) Just press the switch button AFTER you typed in a number (any number, even a single digit), or when browsing the call list or the phonebook (never at standby screen). If you press the SIM switch when at standby screen then you'll inevitably force the phone to reboot in order to comply with your new standard (that means: when you restart the phone which one will be the default SIM). If you have any other question(s) just ask, I'll be glad to help.
By the way, are you from a Portuguese-speaking country? I'm brazilian.
It is an excellent mobile with the features to receive calls on both SIMS at the same time. However; I am still trying to find out if I can do the switch from one SIM to the other without rebooting the mobile which happens when I do the switch. The camera is really great with its stable shot and so are the other features with Outlook contacts integration, radio, and a whole lot of other features. The audio quality is excellent. Need to figure out the SIM switching on the fly where I can decide on which SIM to use when making an external call.
Anybody have Expansys (Singapore)phone number. Number stated in the webpage is Hongkong number. How about warranty ?
This is a great phone, a perfect replacement for my D880. I'm still getting used to the new way of switching lines, all in all I think it's a clever implementation over Samsung's first attempt. The back cover on B5702 has a latch to prevent slipping like it used to happen on D880 (when you put it in the belt puch). Nice metal finish, too. I'm very pleased with mine, it has nice sound quality and very good signal reception. I ordered the european version at www.andotel.com and got mine in 10 days.
Full set up and configuration wizzards + manual on Samsung website:
Samsungs official website for Middle East & Africa:
First paragraph of the launch of B5702 from Samsungs official Russian website:
"Moscow, on April 8, 2009 - Samsung Electronics, which is the world leading producer of cell phones, presents its latest telephone which works with two sim cards. Model GT-B5702 was developed specially for the Russian market; however, its indisputable advantages has led to the fact that GT-B5702 will be brought out for the global market after the Russian launch."
Anonymous, 26 Jun 2009whoever suggested UK version available for pre-order at Expansys, you sure about that ? Call t... moreBy the way, I have emailed and phoned with their customer support several times after I placed and confirmed my order, so I have nothing to complain about when it comes to follow up, responsiveness, confirmation. (I am talking about the Singapore branch)
Anonymous, 26 Jun 2009whoever suggested UK version available for pre-order at Expansys, you sure about that ? Call t... moreIt is searchable and available to pre-order from Expansys (Singapore). They still have not shipped, though... will be approx 1 week before I will have it.
It is the UK version, NOT the the Russian.
See it here:
In the first place, this phone was not even officially launch. Whoever say they got it now could be ......
whoever suggested UK version available for pre-order at Expansys, you sure about that ? Call them up but they don't seem to be very responsive. Could be one of those Chinese made Samsung with the same look alike phone
Just got mine today and I must say this model won me over D880 (which I own too). Many improvements:
- bigger, taller screen with smaller font which allows for more text to be displayed without compromising legibility (phonebook now shows 3 names instead of 2 like D880);
- you can (finally!) assign your own mp3 files, voice records and even FM radio clips as tones to SMS and MMS;
- you can have hidden (numbers not shown) incoming calls added to the black list;
- SIM names can now have up to 20 characters unlike 5 on D880;
- the SIM switch button (now at right side) works differently: it switches the default outgoing calls permanently - until you press it again - unlike D880 where you must press the switch before every outgoing call using secondary SIM, so in B5702 if you want to make many calls with the secondary SIM you don't need to press the switch button before every call (only when you wish to return to the other SIM for default calls);
- you can assign time periods for automatic change of default SIM cards for outgoing calls so as an example, you can set the phone to automatically use SIM 1 for outgoing calls from 08:00 AM to 10:00 PM and SIM 2 from 10:00 PM to 08:00 AM or whatever schedule is better for you
- purchased mine at www.andotel.com, they have fast and reliable service. The model I received has Deutsch, English, Italiano, Français, Español, Português (Portugal), Nederlanden, Català, Galego and Euskara languages.
I hope my small review helps you make your decision! I am most happy with mine.
I paid Singapore Dollars 494.99 + shipping. Shipping as of June 30th at www.expansys.com.sg
syb-ke, 17 Jun 2009which one is better? this handset or D980?...i see the difference only being slide and touchsc... moreThis one is far better as both lines are quadband while older models are only triband (900/1800/1900) in the main line and dualband (900/1800) in the secondary line. Plus I'm a great fan of Samsung's sliders, I own 2 D880 today and will replace one of them with a B5702. Already bought it, can't wait for its arrival. Come to papa!