Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani preview: First look
Well, here's for the next phone courtesy of the joint efforts of Giorgio Armani and Samsung. Third in line, it's meant to be the perfect companion for Armani's suits and more importantly, for the executives that wear them. Let's face it, a high-street fashion label phone is all about the statement and a little less about the functionality. The Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani phones however, delivers on both and it does that with a charm of its own.
Honestly, when we first welcomed the review sample in our office, we were a bit put off by the large size, which seemed to make the golden highlights design even louder aesthetically. However we guess that in the fashion accessories worlds, being loud is the best way to attract the much sought-after attention.
After all, the B7620 is not tacky, it's just plain golden to our taste. And as you probably remember, our fearless editors don't mind dipping their feet in stores full of gold mobiles. So here goes, our quick preview of the Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani as we briefly took it out for a spin.
Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani at a glance:
- General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 900/1900/2100 MHz, EDGE class 10, HSDPA 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
- Form factor: Slide-and-tilt full QWERTY touch phone
- Dimensions: 118.5 x 58.3 x 16.4 mm, weight 164 grams
- Display: 3.5" 16M color (65K effective) resistive AMOLED touchscreen of WVGA resolution
- OS: Windows Mobile 6.5, TouchWiz 2.0 UI, Work&Leisure mode switch key
- Memory: 8GB built-in storage, 192 MB RAM, hot-swappable microSD (up to 16GB)
- CPU: 800 MHz processor with dedicated graphics accelerator
- Camera: 5 megapixel auto-focus, with dual LED flash and VGA video at 30 fps
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP, standard microUSB port, GPS receiver with A-GPS, TV out
- Misc: Accelerometer for screen auto rotate and turn-to-mute, FM radio with RDS, DivX/XviD video support
- Battery: 1500mAh Li-Ion battery
You can easily tell - just by looking at the Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani model name - that's it's a really close relative to the already available Samsung B7610 OmniaPRO. Well, there are some hardware differences, of course. The new Armani phone can tilt its screen and has 8 gigs worth of internal storage, but it comes with a slightly larger footprint and doesn't have the 3.5mm audio jack of the OmniaPRO. Still, as you can see, they're almost like twin brothers.
But let's have a nice look of the new Armani phone by Samsung on its own, after all, it's the start of today's show.
Reviews > Samsung B7620 Giorgio Armani preview: First look