in the month of november,2005, i bought this set.it is working properly and its performance is very good. i have a data cable and software for it. but it is not connecting with the PC. its infrared is not also working when u want to transfer data from an other phone. this is a major fault in this set.
i have the c230 but the infra red doesnt work for me...i tried connecting c230 infra red to the k750 infra red and it doesnt pik it up..any help...and ive had this problems wid all the samsung sets...its like there jus there for show
i bought this mobile just two months back.
i bought one datacable for this mobile.it is sam e700 -KQ-U8A. I don't have driver file.
How to connect with my pc.
I have this phone from last 4 months...n..its working extremely well...there are a few bugs..as its radio grabing ability is a bit poor...but still its the best..I have spend money on it..thats why!!!!!!!!
I bought d fone a month back
the probs i face 1,poor radio reception.
2,unable to download games & rings even frm the service provider.
Iam fighting to download some games thru gprs but unfortunately iam loosing all the times atleast the samsung people should recomend the compatiable games for this model,bcoz we too bought this by paying money....
I just want to tell
IR connectivity to Laptop / Infrared enabled Pc
by downlading PIMS for samsung SGH X430CDA model.
I uploaded some images to my mobile..
I am using this phone for the past 3 months. very good. the display is excellent. FM radio is also nice. but I feel its radio receiving capability is not so good as nokia. becaz sometimes it becomes mono then it jumps back to stereo. ofcourse, the receiption might have been better while moving. but as for as the phone is considered, I recommend it. 7/10
Just bought the c230 2 weeks ago. Need info about its IrDA and its data cable compatibility. How to transfer ringtones via pc to phone. Plz help.
i have used this cell phone..this is very good.i think this is awesome..very fine..but i think if it had camera would be very much cool
Excellent Cell Phone. The menu is a bit hard to get around if your used to nokia or sony ericsson ... however the phone radio is the best u cud find in the market and its size and functions are excellent too ... i recommend u keep this ph ... excellent all the way
This is really a cute phone. I have some problems using the data cable and easyGPRS. Can friend help me which suitable easyGPRS should I use. I have 2.1.8 and 2.1.9 versions but not working with data cable (for SAM C110). The infra red is also not working. (May be I cannot operate it properly!!)
hello,is a niece fone,but no camera.is okay.there is no delete all.no copy all in phonebook.when dialing number(one)the previous in dial list clear off.last call time is not okay cos it does not carry the number & minute(s)together.thanx
hi. how come i download more tones via internet.plz tell me breiley and tell me that site name also.
Packs a lot but Lacks a lot
Samsung C-230 was the only phone model which packs certain powerful features around the budget of Rs.5000/-.
Few ''PROS'' are mentioned as follows:-
1. High color resolution of 65k.
2. 1000 number phonebook memory.
4. GPRS Class 10.
5. Infrared connectivity. (IrDA works nicely with PC. Pls read on.)
6. FM Radio.
7. 40-chord polyphonic ring tone. (Can also play voice & song based ringtones.)
8. Voice memo recorder.
9. Handsfree kit.
10. Decent battery life, reception and voice clarity.
I personally purchased this set just considering four main features IrDA, GPRS, Triband and FM Radio.
But after possessing it, I found that this phone lacks certain basic features which can make it irritating for people used to Nokia or Sony Ericsson.
And the ''CONS'' are :-
1. Although display size is 128x128, it can transfer pictures of size 128x97 only.
2. Phonebook is accessible after three clicks at least.
3. FM Radio is pathetic and works only with very strong signal.
4. When loudspeaker works for FM radio, what problem Samsung developers had in giving loudspeaker for voice calls also ? This is an advantage in Nokia phones.
5. One cannot silent the ringtone for incoming calls. You have to either accept it or reject it to stop the phone from ringing. This is an advantage in Nokia phones.
6. The Ring type ''Vibra+Melody'' is useless as both don't go together. Only after three vibrations the melody will start. In such case some callers may drop the call after three rings, thinking that I am busy.
7. Handsfree earphone does not give ring indication. So if your phone was in silent mode you will miss all calls with the earphone on.
8. This phone seems to pick up lot of background noise making it irritating for the caller on other side when I use the phone in a noisy area.
9. Voice-memo provides recording for only 30 seconds which makes it practically useless as compared to voice-recording facility as featured in Nokia/Sony phones.
10. And Guys, the worst thing for me is that the Alarm does not have "snooze" facility. I will hold Samsung responsible for my "late-coming" to office.
As reported by some users about the Infra port not functioning, let me clarify that SGH C-230 infrared is fully functional with PC and I had used it to transfer images, ringtones, phonebook, SMS etc.
What has been reported is true to some extent because the file manager PIMS II version 2.0 has some bugs which makes it non-functional. One should download the PIMS II version 1.0 file which can be taken from Samsung SGH X-430 software library instead of SGH C-230 library. This version 1.0 makes file transfer fully functional when connected to PC through Infrared port.
Even GPRS can be connected through Infrared port by dialing *99# from PC.
So finally, I would say that, if one can put up with the discomforts listed above, this handset is a good purchase considering the slim looks and light weight and advanced features.
a very good mobile phone and u can send tones and images with EasyGPRS program very easy .
but need to know how to add java applications to this mobile .
Go get it........
4950 INR on 26 Oct,2005
If you have C230, chat with me on Yahoo! messenger. ID : vish_gemini
TO ALL HAVING PROBLEMS IN CONNECTING C-230
C-230 does not support transfer of Ringtones and Images through IrDa... IrDa can only support Transfer of SMS.. and also IrDa is also not compatible with any of the cellphone..
2) to connect through CABLE... get the PIMS software for C-230.. available on the site..
and connect it to the USB...(the USB u connect becomes the COM)...in the software>> settings >> Choose the Desired COM (COM 1/2/4)...and data speed of 19200 bps..
this will show the status of C-230 in the lower bar... otherwise it'll show OFFLINE