Samsung D510 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.6
6.6
6.5

Need Help. I bought D510 and after some time of use a purchased external memory for the phone. Now, I dont know how to enable the settings to save videos directly into the memory to increase the video time. I want to save videos directly into memeory so that long videos can be made. Anybody knows how to enable the functions, if any????

• 2007-06-15 13:20
  • pVPX

i have problem with txt file ??

• 2007-06-15 11:30
  • MsNF

Well, I like my phone very much. It's just that I can't install new java games which makes me want to throw my phone out hard on the floor so I won't use it again. Why can't those Samsung people make it easier for their clients! It sucks men!

• 2007-06-06 10:32
  • PBG0

I have used this phone for a whole year now and has sent it for repair of 4 times. On my last visit to their repair centre, i raised my displeasure about the problems you all mentioned: firmware problems, hanging, auto shutdown. Basically i threatened to take it up to the top if they did not give me something better, and they fixed ALL the problems. so technically, if you still have your phone warranty, you should demand for a proper re-service since you all paid good money for it.

• 2007-06-04 17:44
  • F4pr

my phone is ok. but when i recharge it it stops
and then i restart it and stops again. but when i get USB connector it gets ok. But i don't like Camera. and i hate to play only 3 games :(

• 2007-05-22 13:33
  • PZAN

i cant believe that there is no firmware upgrade to resolve all these issues!!!

i mean i love this phone, but the constant reseting and all the missed calls as a result of it...

• 2007-04-01 01:12
  • YbDd

I just purshased this phone a few months ago and I am definitely not satisfied with it, although it costed me well over $300! the camera isnt so good, there is no flash, and most important of all...the phone shutts off all of a sudden especially when I make a call or if someone calls me. I guess I have to change the battery already and it is very difficult to find one for this model in the US. Definitely wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Please, if anyone knows where I can buy a new battery online or anywhere, tell me, thanks!

• 2007-03-20 05:14
  • Y9%W

the vibrate-ring, vibrate or ring only option is the same for most of the samsung phones. personally i find that the phone is stylish and user friendly other then the fact that the volume of the ringtone is not that audible.

• 2007-03-09 16:44
  • PFMh

I am using Samsung SGH D-510 mobile phone for 6 months. From 1 month ago, I am facing some problems with my phone.

1. It restarts automatically 20 to 30 times within 2 to 3 hours, after charging. This condition is seen, either charging is done in running (on) mode or in shutdown (off) mode.

2. After fully charged, it becomes hung (not working) anytime, if I make/receive a phone call or operate it within 2 to 3 hours.

3. If charging is done in running (on) mode, then "Restart" also starts after some time.

4.Takes long time (3 to 4 hours) to charge.

Where I can get the solution?

• 2007-01-02 17:33
  • P@QN

my phone does not have a melody and vibrate setting...
it has a vibrate then melody or a melody or a vibrate....

seems like it doesn't make much sense for it not to have it...

• 2006-12-31 12:26

for Melody and vibration go
- setting
-sound setting
-incoming call
-alert type (select - vibration and melody)

and is done .

• 2006-12-18 05:30
  • P8yT

i have problem in d510 software
when i dail or make a connection the phone is restarting
so my question is, what is the problem and how can resolve

• 2006-12-16 07:10
  • mdG8

I have had this phone for about a week now and will say that call quality is excellent, and thats in my opinion the most important feature of any phone. My previous phone was a motorola and i hated it because all the extra features that were packed in made it a very poor phone. there is the issue that the phone crashes and needs to reset itself, it has not caused me too much grief and like i said earlier just because its a good phone im willing to live with that.
One question i do have to anyone out there who may have this phone.... is there any way to make it ring and vibrate at the same time?

i realize how stupid that sounds but i cant seem to figure out how to do it, or if i can even do it

• 2006-12-08 19:53
  • YbDd

I am having similar problems with the phone constantly shutting off and restarting. i called samsung and since it is not a US provider, they do not support this and will not replace the phones. Does anyone know what to do?

fyi - to turn off the vibrate go to settings. sound settings. quiet mode. and select "mute".

If anyone can give any advice on the phone turning off and what we can do to replace the phone, please email me. Thanks!

• 2006-12-03 00:05
  • jKrJ

guys where do i turn on the vibration for this phone help!!

• 2006-12-02 06:37
  • 2Au1

excelent design

• 2006-11-30 13:11
  • Mvee

does it have flash?? thanks1!!

• 2006-11-27 08:07
  • BgdX

i have had this phone for awhile now.. and i think its pretty cool looking... but i hate it cause it keeps shuting off during my converstations or sometimes it wont even dial out cause it keeps resetting.. anybody have that same problem. what can i do to fix it... get back at me anybody....

• 2006-11-27 06:28
  • 4$Gx

it's not good for MP4 movie at 333kb/s just appropriate for *.3GP and not clear pic i give the point 60% for display not good for pro user

• 2006-11-26 19:37
  • inGs

I had this phone since last June and so far this phone has been a real satisfactory!!I would recommend this phone to anybody, great qlty and loud speaker, bright LCD, sharp camera, expandable memory, and great price!! It's my best buy phone so far...
Samsung now releases many new slim models, but they are all very expensive only because it's slim model and without high specification, really not worth to buy! My Korean friend just bought samsung D808 and he's disappointed with his new phone, he oftenly miss a call because the ringtone is almost impossible to hear even in a not too crowded place, camera is definitely worst than mine, no memory card slot, and much higher price than mine. really not worth it!
Overall, samsung D510 rocks!!! ^_____^

• 2006-11-15 08:41
  • Ui5f
Total of 156 user reviews and opinions for Samsung D510.