ffs y is every1 comparin w800i n d600 or watever it is . its d600 review n all i see on here is war over these two phones w800i users go look at ur own review page n post things on there ...as 4 d600 ppl . jus talk bout that . i asked several times now ... shud i get the d600 or not cos i want sumone to tell me all the good points and all the bad points ... plz plz .
thank u xxxxx
I have just got the D600. Have had it since 22/11/05 and having problems with battery and charging it up. Liked the clock when it was on standby like in d500. Any help with that please. Tried continuous operation in the settings and the backlight neither work. Ta
Hey guys, i know lots of you are fuzzing over this d600 and that SE w800 but common now be reasonable guys. I mean i havent own either of this freaking mobile here but I can tell that their pricing range are far off from one another. I have to say that sony does have great quality for mp3 and awsome autofocus camera because i toyed with one if these b4. It have a pretty nice front face but the back is a bit strange for a mobile since it got a big O lenz on the back but it's still ok i guess. The internal memory are a bit small but some places offer you FREE 512MB memory card COMMONMMM that's nearly 600MB total. As for the casing, both fone have strong and durable built, neither is cheap material if you ever held both fone b4. D600 with my experience screwing around with it for several times i realized it got that elegant stylish look over just a retangular fone. The color is a bit off from what i want but it's okay too since i never really liked orange. Neither of them have the right color hehe. Black on the d500 was better or silver wouldda been nice. The d600 how ever have that great tv output features. The screen is AWSOME like no others. Internal memories are nice, external memories are available through the card slot just like W800. Improvement on the 2MP and the mp3 is also nice due to the 64 channel 3d sound. I mean, sony did pretty well with their 40 channel but as new technology advanced 64 is not a shocking thing. Sony is more of headfone quality and d600 is prejected sound. These two area of differences cant be compare if you guys are a music fan you guys should know. D600 also have quad band YES, very nice indeed. Some people are having trouble with both fones so neither one are perfect. But in conclusion you guys should pick one that is right for you and see what you going to use it for b4 jumping to conclusion which is better. If you are a headfone type of person then get the sony it might give you better sound through headfone but i would say taht samsung is bad through headfone, especially those headfone taht range about 40$+. IF you like pictures, get the w800 because of teh auto focus and stuffs and if you hate sliding your fone up and down all the time then w800 is for you. But who ever want a more stylish look with teh sliding fone and the bright beautiful screen then the d600 is the right fone. The entertainment features are nice and connection is awsome so d600 is your fone. Just keep in mind that w800 is more like a mini camera with a mobile combine, back then it wasnt built to be the top notch video palyer or anything so give it a break. D600 is a fone for goodness sake, see the lens? how are people goign to compare that with that giant lense on the w800? talking about autofocu sand not autofocus geezzz... But you must understand for a tiny lens like that with the price that low compare to w800, the camera is doing FINE AS IT IS. Please dont compare those korea fone over here, you cant use them you fool. Compare fones that you can use. in the US as of now 2mp camera is consider as one of the best already so stop complaining. If you live 7mp GET A FREAKING DIGITAL CAMERA!!!!! Why the hell would you spend nearly a 1000 just for that feature? 7mp camera are only 400 now adays, and a fone cost about 400-500 do that math. Same thing BETTER QUALITY for both. DANG IT. Well that's all i can conclude after reading over dozen of crazy comparison that some of you guys are making. Either one is good depend on what YOU WANT.
I think its a brilliant phone. I have had a Nokia 6680 before this D600 and i must say the 6680 is far the worst phone ive had before. I took it in for many problems, and just came back and something else was faulty. The D600 has its problems, but hey, all electronics have. The D600 is the best phone on the market according to me.
i hate this phone, the battery s*cks. i mean it doesnt even last one day. if you listen to your mp3 it doesnt even 3 hours. i mean, im going to send it back and buy the sony ericsson w800!!! samsung d600 is a stupid phone
mines gone back..ive swapped it for n6680 and everything is good again.my battery lifes loads better all my things are doing what they shud do with no flaming agro..the battery on the d600 is seriouslyy the worst ive had in 8 yrs..it was a nice phone but its not worth making excuses all the time for it when you know darn well it under performing & inept at basic functions that were ironed out years ago
Does anyone know how to put the information about the "voice mail server" in he phone. Voic mail are sopposed to be automatic features. Good thing is that i have acces to the net.
I am really starting to regret. Can someone help me.
I think this phone is a bit dumb. It doesn't seem to know that +1-234-567-8900 and 234-567-8900 and 567-8900 are the same number so if you set your contact list w/o the "+" or w/o "the area code" it will cause a problem.
Right now I have to edit my entire contact list in order better use this blasted phone. It like all brawn and no brain.
why is that when people call their names do not show or their pictures but just their numbers show. can anyone help me figure out a way so i know when i pick up the phone i know who it is by the name and not by the number!!!!!!!
i love my new phone so beautiful in design shape and colour, the smell and appearence of luxury, divine and awe inspiring, years i spent searching for such a magnifficent handset, i climbed moutains in search of this, ran accross fields, swam deep oceans, then i decided to go to a phone shop, where i bought it. why dont they make it eaier to get such things of excellence?!i used to have a dildo that looked like this phone! those were the days!
Correction: W900i=$875~++(although cheapest found in the net was $849).
Damn, SE fans, I say this again, I beg you plz don't grab our @$$ES behind the podium by posting obstinate remarks about this phone. Y'all come to this Samsung thread and start yammerin' with mouth full of NUTS, but y'all better off just rotting in the SE corner.
LOL, you finally warrant my attention! Not to administer any hostility but D600 is definitely the top-notch while W800i is just a pig-in-a-poke. Although I frankly stated more positive comments instead of grins, the majority would still agree upon the fact that D600 is superior. If you want an unbias antithesis, go to the SE thread, you'll find plethora of SE fans raving about W800i one after the other. BTW, SE W900 should be compared with Nokia's N90 instead since they belong to the corresponding class, regarding the price (W900=$675~++//D600=$500~++) and the weight(W900=148g//D600=103g).
I just got my d600, and I love it. Works great, but for those who writes a lot og sms's it's not the ideal phone. If you want a GOOD busniss phone with lot's of features this is the phone for you.
These are my main gripes with this phone.
1. Ringing does not vibrate at same time.
2. No infra red.
3. Has no auto-focus on camera.
4. Can,t change wallpaper background color if your pic does not fit the exact screen dimentions.
5. Battery really sux. Only lasts a day or two at a stretch.
6. Cant just load java apps without actually downloading from net.
7. Ringing of call is soft for 2 secs, then suddenly gets load (cant change this).
8. Email software is faulty.
9. Can't get mobile phone network local base station info on screen.
10. No G3
2Anr.. you are genius!!! can you explain to me what sort of formula did you use (or create) to make a result of 320X240 is 4 times (not even have any decimal point) better than 176X220?
If you are able to record with 352X288, is that means that you are able to play it full screen in TV without any pixelation? if so, then it is a very usable video, otherwise, i'd rather to get the video cam really...
As for the speaker of D600... is that really loud that can make u deaf? and W800 is only charming? i think you are talking nonsense here, too hyperbole. look.. mono speaker by sony is not too bad at all.. and after all, you will only listen to your mp3 with earphone (this is the reason why they decide to put the mono on the speaker, and facilitate it with 3D stereo earphone instead, make it a fully useable MP3---> btw, 2GB storage is fantastic, comparable to Ipod. (i dare not saying that D600 mp3 is worse than W800 since i dun have the D600 and W800, however, i dare to say that W800 has a comparable quality of MP3 player to ipod)
can u show me the fact that W800 is made up of cheap plastic? then wat about D500? i think it is made from the worst material ever used for mobile phone--> hope that they don't use it in D600. And to say the truth, W800 plastic that u see in the store as display is completely different plastic from what it is applied in W800. It is solid and strong, grasp it and it won't even give you a single creak. (look.. if you want to give comment to a mobile, please please, be reasonably and based on fact--> you are talking about fact in video thing, but not about this thing)
About the TV output.. well, if it can read the PDF then it is good. But you don't really read your files from mobile do u?
I agree with the quad band, which means better reception, but for EDGE, do u need EDGE? are you the sort of person who need to be online all the time? i dun think you are, since you got your time to go online and post opinion here.
After all, what i am trying to say is that if you already got the phone, and it satisfy your need then good on you. However, ppl's need are different, as for me, i dun need video, maybe u do? how do i know? whether you need it to record someone's taking a bath, then you can see it with a very good quality when you play it back on your phone.
And if you want to bash W800, i tell you this.. havent you read the review on camera in this website? this is one last point about the two phones that you haven't mention:
The camera of D600 is not EVEN A THREAT to W800. D600 only has fix focus, thus you will only get a good result from 1,5m and further. Yet with W800 you still can get clear and crisp picture with 15cm distance.
If you are into multimedia, y didn't you mention this point?
For me, W800 is enough, it gives me a good MP3 quality, camera quality and good enough to serve its function as a phone. I dun need to view my PDF because i dun want ppl to plagiarise my essay. Thus, W800 is the best fone for me and D600 is the best fone for you. cheerz.
10 Reasons why Samsung D600 is BETTER than Sonyericsson W800i.
1) It has better video recording resolution, in CIF (353 x 288), apparently 4 TIMES better than W800i's QCIF (176 x 144, do the math if you feel dubious). Smoother frame rate in comparison to W800i, and higher bit-rate.
2) Better resolution regarding the TFT-LCD display, QVGA (320 x 240, 2'00 inch), while W800i is embarked with (220 x 176). Again, the D600's screen is 4 times better than W800i's. Diagonal lines are not crooked as the screen of W800i. Display is outstanding; vivid and crisp.
3) D600 is equipped with dual stereo-speakers, sound clarity and vibra-synchronization. While W800i consist mono-speaker, located on the backside of the phone, you can barely hear the mp3's.
4) Better design, ellegant, though it's subjective to affirm that the design is better than W800i, most people would probably agree. W800i is just a stereotypical candybar phone with orange-colored band around white surface, how can it get more mediocre than that?
5) Durablity and built-quality. 99% air-sealed so that dust won't get under the screen, unlike the W800i. When you D600, it is tangible and stiff, while W800i made out of cheap plastic so if you grasp the phone, and makes squeaking sounds.
6) TV-OUTPUT. Does W800i have this type of function?? Although W800i brags about downloads of countless java games, only D600 can pull the string. You can view PDF files, Excel, Word, PowerPoint presentations through D600. In addition, saved HTML files from your internet, pictures, videos, games can be displayed on your flat pannels.
7) It is a QUAD BAND PHONE. Employs better reception compared to W800i's signal strength.
8) Implementation of T-flash cards. Its dimensions are the smallest in the market. Half the size of your SIM card, and 1/3 of W800's memory-stick duo. On top of that, there's a contrast between D600's 72MB internal memory versus W800i's 34MB.
9) SGH-D600 is compatible with EDGE, faster internet connection and sending of attachment files. On the other hand, W800i is equipped with GPRS (out-dated technology).
10) Better video playback. I use SUPER mpg-4 converter to encode videos (from mpg & avi to mpg-4). NO LAGS when playing a 352x288 video with 25frames per/sec, 750kbps, stereo AAC. Fast fowarding and rewinding clips seems very smooth. You will be mezmerized by the resolution when you play it on your TV's. And...W800i, the max video size is 176x144(Despite its 176x220) screen size), maximum bitrate without lag is about 228kbps(ACTUALLY TESTED!)
If anyone is interested on video encoding software, just leave your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.