Samsung E2370 Xcover - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.2
7.1
7.5

Hi i was wondering why i dont get reception could it be the internal aerial and is it worth getting it fixed???? My partner really likes the phone he says its the best phone he has ever used and so easy does anyone know what to do????

• 2012-11-24 03:22
  • UFFQ

Well...I can say without a doubt - this is hands down the best mobile phone I've used, and I have used a few in my time. I have dropped it numerous times, on concrete, in water, in mud. No problems. Great voice quality. It has been turned on continuously for about one and a half years now. Not even a software crash - nothing. And battery life is just poetic :D.
They could have used the battery cover from B2100, though.

• 2012-11-18 20:21
  • pI{L

I had this phone for last two years, now I upgrated to lasted samsung version, but is not the same. Screen, camera etc. maybe is better, but I missing my long life battery. In my opinion it's for people who works a lot and don't have a time to think about charging. Deffinately I will buy this phone again.

• 2012-11-16 15:53
  • sX4Z

Is there automatic time setting?

• 2012-07-04 13:39
  • 0FV1

> In reply to Mikey @ 2012-03-12 05:19 from t7T5 - click to read4-5 hours charging from battery low is normal. I charge it at least 6 hours (8 hours often times) from battery empty. :)

• 2012-03-21 17:27
  • v0qT

I had this phone last two years ago, I was very dissapointed 'bout it, cause everytime I tried to record/video shoot on some things, it only took a second, voice recorder is also bad you can't hear a thing, Radio is weak you need use its headphone to listen to radio but still the FM signal is weak. the only good thing about this is LISTENING to your MP3 using its external speaker at the back, it's really loud and clear, and battery back up is also SUPERB, charging for few hours, and it will last for 3 straight weeks.

But as I've said I was dissapointed 'bout its WEAK features (Camera, Recorder, Noise at the background while in calls) So I bought Nokia X2-00 instead, but Nokia X2-00 has poor battery back up, but other than that it's awesome

• 2012-03-14 05:38
  • t7MS

Best practical phone I have ever used :) I manage to own one brandnew last week ! I should have own this years ago.

Quick question !

Is charging 4-5hours normal on low battery status?

Thanks

• 2012-03-12 05:19
  • t7T5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-03-09 07:16 from t1$E - click to readsame problem with mine...always blinking...it's useless...i decided to dispose it...

• 2012-03-10 03:10
  • t7Wy

Battery remove and installed again in to the phone then phone is not working just blinking oftenely pleas get solution

• 2012-03-09 07:16
  • t1$E

I was very satisfied with this model.

Since such models are very Rarely continued for a long time in market I purchased 2(two)Samsung Gte2370, so that when my current e2370 develops any snag (say after 2 yrs or so due to normal wear and tear),,, I always have the second one ready to serve me....

E2370 allows Taking in Middle of Noisy Traffic a Fun....Battery is good 2000mAH but would request samsung to enhance the battery to 2200mAH...

Only short coming is that the model is not Water "PROOF" it's Water "Resistant". Please Samsung I request you to relaunch "MARINE" with battery of 2200mAH Capacity...Please make model's with full PROOF water,dust and Shock....Noise cancellation should be mandatory in all Mobile phones so that we can talk clearly OUTDOORS.....
I would like Samsung to provide External Antenna jack in New Marine model so that I can connect a wire Antenna in Remote, Suburbs and Village areas where signal strengths are miserably LoW.

Providing an External Antenna jack would make it a truly RUGGED phone.....Well DONE SAMSUNG...

• 2012-02-26 09:27
  • utCy

stands snow and cold + good battery
i tested in snowy outdoors and many time throwed in snow and it still works very good!

from User

! DON'T TRY WITH YOUR OWN PHONE !

• 2012-02-15 16:32
  • p606

I am writing a review after over one year of using this phone. This was launched in India after Samsung Marine was stopped as perhaps it did not catch much of attention in the market. Key comparison parameters:
E2370 Xcover Vs. B2100 Explorer..Score
2000mAH----------1000mAH.........1-0
stereo speaker---mono speaker....1-0
Internal 40MB----Internal 7MB....1-0
FM recording-----No FM Recording.1-0
640x480-noflash--CAM1.3MP+flash..0-1
IP54-------------IP57............0-1
microSD 2GB------microSD 8GB.....0-1

But the battery advantage is HUUUGE, trust me I once carried my phone on a trip for 7 days for calls, data, flashlight, kayaking videoshoots, music. When I returned I realised I had forgotten the charger back at home. Oops!
I know I can't dip this in water, but won't hezitate to answer a call while raining & thats good enough for me. Too bad this small versatile phone is not waterproof, but a winner in its own strengths.

• 2012-02-09 21:47
  • v$DV

> In reply to Liike @ 2011-12-19 20:58 from m}@E - click to readDo you have a 32gb micro sd memory installed? Did you try?

• 2011-12-23 03:09
  • kPLr

> In reply to Stanislav stany @ 2011-11-30 20:38 from 3I@a - click to readyeas their is difference between orange & silver model.. not only in color but also in design... i had the option to choose between the two & i found silver more commendable...
the thing you guy's don't know that i is the best movie player... you just need proper encoder(3gp)... a full movie sizes around 70mb... and when you press the movie button it literally hangs the mobile for a minute or two... but then it plays like a breeze no lag nothing...
its good to have in long travel... ^_^

• 2011-12-22 17:11
  • t}Kw

I´m having troubles setting a mp3 file as a ringtone. The option "Set as" isn´t avaible. Is mp3 format not working to have as a ringtone?

• 2011-12-19 20:58
  • m}@E

Does the reception for talking for AT&T in the United States work perfect or like any ordinary AT&T cellphone? I called AT&T and they said they will support GSM 900 and 1800 but they told me that the cell phone might not work correctly since its unlocked.

• 2011-12-06 02:32
  • kPLm

This handset's battery really lasts for two - three weeks. It's really amazing. For someone who talks a lot is the perfect solution even under hard condition. Also very clear conversation and loud speaker. I suggest it for sure.

• 2011-12-03 19:05
  • 0VeG

• 2011-12-03 18:17
  • 0VeG

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-27 12:07 from Tu79 - click to readPlease help me to byu Samsung E2370 Xcover in orange colour!!!! Because its a 2010year model,its verry difficult to find it,every where i try to find - one ansuer - "we haven"t this model yet!!!

• 2011-11-30 20:38
  • 3I@a

i have one and using it for a year and a half. battery life is 2 weeks, rugged looking man enough. i drop it several times already still working hehehe. you can text and call under the rain. you can download underground songs and play it for long hours without worrying your battery running out and enjoy it while rafting, riding motor bike. 5 star for this fone i hope samsumg develop more of this kind say waterproof 100meters and rubber casing for more durability.

• 2011-11-24 03:32
  • wYKw
Total of 290 user reviews and opinions for Samsung E2370 Xcover.