Samsung E2600 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.7
6.6
6.6

> In reply to Dick Wood @ 2014-04-27 23:26 from mnfh - click to readWell i feel like an idiot now, but anyway, the speaker is fine. I figured out how to adjust the volume a couple of days ago. You just have to press up/down on the front buttons during a call. It even says so in the manual, i guess i just read right past it.

So basically it's a great phone if you disregard the fact that the front buttons aren't illuminated. Definitely recommend it if you're just looking for a phone to text and call. It does have all the basics as well, like a calculator, organiser, radio, voice recorder, mp3 player and low level camera. And for my personal preference it gets style points as well since it's classic slider.

I'll give it an 8/10 overall relative to it's category. Negatives for me: no flashlight, no T9, afaik no ability to switch of gprs, and the unlit front buttons.

• 2014-05-02 17:28
  • 38eU

The e2600 has one MAJOR flaw. The audio on the speaker (the part you hold to your ear) is way too low. You can only understand the other person when you're in a completely quiet room. If there's any noise at all (cars, wind, music, whatever) you barely hear their voice.

One other minor annoyance, the front buttons aren't illuminated so you can't see them in the dark. Not a big deal but it would've been better if they were.

It's a shame though, besides the crappy speaker this phone was almost exactly what i was looking for. I'll probably go back to the store and see if i can trade it in for something else. Too bad.

• 2014-04-27 23:26
  • mnfh

> In reply to epoxy4 @ 2012-07-08 06:23 from Ji@A - click to read why cant i send and receive photos from my mobile camera?

• 2014-04-22 17:51
  • mppU

Hi, Can anyone help me how to switch off the Edge connection? It seems battery doesn't like this mode :)

• 2014-03-04 11:57
  • pcwJ

Hello everyone,
Can anyone tell me how to disable the startup screen as well as the screen and the sound it does when I close it?It's very annoying and loud, I can't close it or open it without every single person around me noticing Thnx in advance

• 2014-01-12 17:34
  • pugg

> In reply to woody @ 2013-12-09 20:25 from nxVm - click to readYes,
in the "contacts" menu navigate the tabs left or right, you'll find "favorites" > follow what you see, it's simple.

Good phone for the oldies, I enjoy it much!

• 2013-12-31 13:04
  • Le$R

Can anyone enlighten me as to whether you can set up speed dialling on this phone and how?Thanks

• 2013-12-09 20:25
  • nxVm

> In reply to JohnnyGR @ 2013-09-15 13:28 from 3dsV - click to readi would like to know the answer as well please let me know somebody tells you

• 2013-10-13 11:55
  • 0FJ5

Hello,
I just got mine 2600,
This mobile is pretty reliable , comfort and user friendly.
I'd like to ask, if anyone knows,
Is there any way to assign the upper right standard button?
The current setting activates instantly the Opera mini browser, I prefer to set it to contacts..
Any help ?

• 2013-09-15 13:28
  • 3dsV

Hello,
I just got mine 2600,
This mobile is pretty reliable , comfort and user friendly.
I'd like to ask, if anyone knows,
Is there any way to assign the upper right standard button?
Any help ?

• 2013-09-15 13:17
  • 3dsV

> In reply to deano @ 2012-06-30 03:50 from mXIb - click to readGet a .PDF copy from the internet. you can then zoom it up to any size you want.

• 2013-09-11 15:15
  • nF84

> In reply to Alex @ 2013-05-02 01:51 from nIqe - click to readHow to play mp4 on E2600:
1.Download Any Video Converter Ultimate(not free version)
2.Copy/drag the video file u want to convert(.mp4/.avi/.mkv etc)
3.Select mobile mpeg4 at the right corner
4.Select video codec:mpeg4
5.Select 320x240 resolution
6.Select video bitrate:384
7.Select audio codec:aac
8.Select audio bitrate:128
9.Select sampling rate:44100
10.Click convert-- >wait until done.

• 2013-09-02 21:57
  • n{m5

My E2600 keeps going to emergency only call`s I have to take the battery and simcard out then put them back in such a pain any one know the answer

• 2013-07-09 17:13
  • n5qX

Very attractive little phone but the instructions with it are completely useless to any new owner.
Wouldn't have cost Samsung much to supply a decent manual for the phone on their site rather than a copy of their tatty little instructions, rather takes the shine off it and not a good advert for Samsung.

• 2013-05-29 13:22
  • nEuK

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-09 13:37 from nI3q - click to readyou go onto settings, then onto security. select PIN and turn off. it should ask you for your password to confirm.

• 2013-05-22 19:01
  • B{qU

I have my new phone set to ring when a new message is received. Is it possible to have it ring more than once or remind me that I have an unread message?

• 2013-05-11 13:11
  • nIuC

how do i take a photo straight to 4gb micro disk
it always goes to camera

• 2013-05-07 17:43
  • TkF4

Doesn't play mp4 files like I thought, only seems to play mp4 files created by the phone.

Very disappointed, if anyone knows how to fix this please tell

• 2013-05-02 01:51
  • nIqe

> In reply to fatgut @ 2013-02-15 19:10 from n5KG - click to readwhat could be the possible reason for not work there???

• 2013-04-30 07:38
  • MNRK

Bought this Samsung E2600, last September, from Vodafone and have been back to the shop 3 times already. it was sent away for service and a faulty component was replaced and it was fully checked over. They had to send me a new battery as phone wasn't charging. OK for a few days, but the charging icon isn't lighting up and new battery is going down. Looks like another trip to Vodafone. Anyone else with these problems? Any ideas welcome!

• 2013-03-12 14:11
  • nFSx
Total of 89 user reviews and opinions for Samsung E2600.