I notice one big problem with this phone.......it heat up quite badly after continous conversation for about 15 minutes!!!
how does the kingsoft dictionary work? is it a chinese/english dictionary?
I do recommend this phone. First of all, the person who does not recommend this phone wants a radio on it. "Go get a phone with a radio then". No other company hardly has it. Samsung has other models that have radio. This model is popular for other specs than radio.
Samsung is just ahead of its game.
By the way. the caller ID does work.
The E898 and E890 (i bought in Singapore) have the same features.
I do not recommend this phone for the following reasons:
1. no radio (is it tough for samsung to incorporate such basic feature??)
2. caller ID does not work 100%.
3. speaker phone for MP3, yes. for hands free, no. strange??
4. power adapter, data cable etc using brand new connection from current samsung phone. you have to pay thru your nose for all these new cable.
5. touch screen is not user friendly. you may want to get rid of the included stylus pen.
6. poor standby time of less than 2 days.
7. photo from the 1.3mp camera is never sharp, image looks flat.
8. a very basic phone which costs a bomb.
9. a phone with great look but cheap features.
10. other samsung basic phones like x210 and x510 work better than this one.
what is the difference of the e898 and the e890 let me knoe plz cuz i want to buy it bought dont know which is better
This is an awesome phone. Two things. Does anyone know how to set up the email capabilities on it and does anyone know where I can get a good case for it. The silicon ones look kind of cheap.
I didn't see in the manual how much Java memory there is. I'd like to see about 10Mb, enough room for a comprehensive dictionary. Does any one know the Java specs? thx...stephen
The security code is.....Well, you will have to seek some help from Samsung or any phone retailers.
What is the default security password code?I want to change it but the fon won't allow coz I've got to enter the defauld code first.
I have been using this phone for 2 weeks now....so far so good...
touch screen ( u can use the pen or ur thumbs. digital dial pad)
camera is great as well as sufficient amount of lighting is around
a little slow on the mp3 loading
what else do you guys wanna know?
i believe the phone does not have radio but it does have a touchscreen keyboard for texting (i hate writing each letter as well)