logistic steve, 02 Feb 2009You should get thecase as standard, it intails removing the back of the f480 and cipping the c... morethanks for that cause i never got one in the box now i have to contact samsung or all phones
A, 02 Feb 2009I got my f480 from all phones less then a month ago i got it in black and was wondering if an... moreYou should get thecase as standard, it intails removing the back of the f480 and cipping the case in its place. Have fun
fady anthony, 01 Feb 2009hi everyone, i`m about to buy this phone in a couple of days but i have a silly question: is ... moreyes you can lock the touchscreen by pressing on the "hold" button at the left top of the phone.
i`ve been thinking alot about this phone and the nokia 5800
i read reviews and opinions and my conclusion as the following:
the samsung f480 is way better except for the wifi thing which is not a problem for a lot of people including me
the screen respond is awesome
but it seems the only disadvantage of the tocco is the lack of applications and programs and themes that can be instaled
so i`ll be greatfull if anyone could tell me how to overcome this problem
one more thing , how is the battery ?
I got my f480 from all phones less then a month ago i got it in black and was wondering if anyone out there got theirs from there and if you got the black leather case
Anonymous, 01 Feb 2009How do you switch the camera so that it is using the front lens?Im so lostThe front camera is only for video calling. not for general usage.
i honestly this think phone sucks it really lame i have the f40 not the tocco......its soo lame theres no themes no software i can get plus none of the msn messenger i download works omg this phone reminds me of a damn 3310 from nokia an even that phone is beeter than this damn samsung hate guys i'm going for the SE w960i or a blackbeery now those are real phones i think phone is for girls thank god i didnt buy it.i got it from the phone company i work with..it sucks lame....
I'm seriously thinking about getting a Tocco. Had a look at one in carphone warehouse today and was well impressed. I did a check against the camera of an N95 and it was a little less bright, but otherwise pretty much the same. I guess that could be improved with playing around with the settings.
I have a few questions for a current user:
1. When I checked the phone today it seemed to have an older firmware version. The December 08 version that is on here in a different thread....where did that come from? If it's an official version, shouldn't a tocco that I buy now have this version on it already? If it's old stock it may not, of course.
2. With flashing, is that reasonably easy to do? I've read the guide, but I've never tried anything like that before (I'm fairly computer literate, so I should manage it okay I suppose).
3. I noticed today that when I went thru the menu to create a new text message, it defaulted to non-T9 input. I'm used to predictive text, but it would be a pain if I had to select that option every time I go to write a new text. Can it be turned on as the default input option?
4. I've had a look at a pdf of the user manual, and it's pretty dismal. For example, can you confirm if the options displayed when you press the shortcut button can be changed to applications you want rather than being fixed on the ones samsung have on there by default?
5. Are there "themes" available for the tocco, or are you stuck with the way the menus look from the day you buy it?
I think that if I can get the latest firmware (in particular so that I can put widgets up for apps like the calculator, create text and alarm) and if T9 can be set as default each time I go to create a text, and if the shortcuts can be customised, I would definitely go for this phone. I was thinking about a Viewty, but the tocco looks much better and if it can tick the boxes as outlined above, then it would be fine for me.
Many thanks for your help
fady anthony, 01 Feb 2009hi everyone, i`m about to buy this phone in a couple of days but i have a silly question: is ... moreU can lock the sceen tru ur phone settings or with the Hold botten on top of the phone.
Anonymous, 01 Feb 2009How do you switch the camera so that it is using the front lens?Im so lostThe front lens is meant for video calls.
hi everyone, i`m about to buy this phone in a couple of days but i have a silly question:
is there any kind of screen lock to diactivate the touch screen???
thanks in advance for the replay but i need it ASAP
How do you switch the camera so that it is using the front lens?Im so lost
petr_igat, 28 Jan 2009yup..that normal..about the picture,if u look arround, all the touchsrcreen phone got the poor... morejust ordered this phone and want to know if it is easy to access and send email?
Anabella, 30 Jan 2009it has hsdpa technology. so you can still connect to the internet via your mobile card network.that most of the nokia phones has............:-)
I am happy with the phone, mostly the data transfer rate. but the problem that i am facing is i can't load any softwars in the phone. i have a lot of softwars for mobile which is of no use now.
So, does any one has any idea about how to load softwares in this phone???
1)does it supports chinese?
2)does it has dictionary?
3)does it has a front camera? thanks alot =)