Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.0
7.1
7.0

I experience frequent hangups. once in 24 hrs a series of messages appear on my screen one by one saying "TW launcher has stoped unexpectedly" force close... and when it hit "force close" then another and another and so on about all applications one by one. Then I am left with only one option of wiping the data and turning it to factory reset. This erases all the data, applications,contacts,messages and every thing except photos an videos. I am very annoyed suggest me what to do?

• 2014-08-30 06:08
  • KIkv

This thing it cannot be called a "Galaxy". It worked (pretty) fine with gingerbread android, but when the update to jelly bean came on I expected a much better experience, not the opposite. It moves very slow if you don't restart it once a day and it gives you very bad headache when you try to call someone and the system freezes (when initiate or response a call the touchscreen and the system works hard or it locks; sometimes it works after 4-5 seconds). The 800 mhz dual core processor is too slow even for google navigation. Even in wi-fi or 3G, you need 5 minutes to open a single web page (typing, searching, acces a link, loading... it's awful). The single good thing on this phone is camera that makes very nice photos and videos, but in rest the whole phone works very hard in menu, aplications, internet, settings etc.

Samsungs are good, but only over 300 euro. They mocked Ace 2.

• 2014-08-23 09:08
  • LaG3

> In reply to sajeewa @ 2014-08-19 13:31 from v{u@ - click to readyes,you may use it in your country because it's open line and any sim would do =)

• 2014-08-22 14:07
  • BRfk

I cant make any video call... it shows 'unable to make video call.. try voice call... i live in a 3G coverage area.. how can i make video call.... ? please give the suggestion...

• 2014-08-22 11:48
  • uNVG

from last one year iam using ace 2
nw i like to change my handset panel
here those things are not available
hw can i get it ?

• 2014-08-20 20:34
  • uuCc

from last one year iam using ace 2
nw i like to change my handset panel
here those this are not available
hw can i get it ?

• 2014-08-20 20:28
  • uuCc

i bought that phoe from italy.but i can it use sri lanka? ple tel me imadiatly sir pls.

• 2014-08-19 13:31
  • v{u@

Samsung galaxy ace 2 i8160 is an outstanding cell phone nice battery timing excellent performance great look nice functionality

• 2014-08-19 13:09
  • KII9

DONT Downgrade to gb stay on jeely bean but make this move to correct the ram problem: take the battey out for 40 min or one hour then put it back then make factory reset .done thank you

• 2014-08-15 17:47
  • JLSM

how to connect otg pendrive for samsung galaxy ace 2 i8160

• 2014-08-13 17:29
  • iwpK

> In reply to ttt @ 2014-06-15 08:30 from B0@Q - click to readYou should downgrade your software to 2.3.6 gingerbread ....2.3.6 is fast and smooth to Ace 2 ....jelly bean 4.1.2 is very laggy and hangs up ....

• 2014-08-12 12:06
  • 7Xqr

> In reply to milk @ 2014-06-19 08:18 from wHrS - click to readYour the only one who likes this bleep bleep phone

• 2014-08-08 03:26
  • 011f

actualy after jelly bean its memory is already 627mb and the phone is fast if your using CyanogenMod ROM....

im impress with my phone using it for a year now and it doesn't failed me

with regards to battery buy an extended high caps battery then uyour good to go

• 2014-08-07 10:11
  • vj1U

> In reply to mido @ 2014-07-23 22:08 from StNa - click to readram 450mb

• 2014-08-04 21:52
  • fxHd

i tried everything finshed to the result..its easy ti fix laging by this whay..pull the battery out let it 1 hour then back to its place and then make factory rest .now you will love the phone

• 2014-07-29 02:13
  • ajaS

• 2014-07-29 01:43
  • ajaS

How much is the memory storage after JB update?

• 2014-07-23 22:08
  • StNa

The worst phone I have ever had. Definitely!!!!
Unfortunately I still have 5 mmonths remaining on my contract. One shouldn't wish time away but this is bleep bleep!

• 2014-07-23 20:16
  • 3HjL

Don1t buy this phone - super slow....especially after updating from gingerbread to jelly bean...just terrible....

• 2014-07-23 15:31
  • pTAj

To be blunt, this is a really terrible phone.
I have had it for a year and a half (unfortunately). From the first few days of owning it I've experienced lag, freezing, crashes, you name it. This is the SLOWEST phone I've ever used. This is an incredibly UNRESPONSIVE phone. Most of the time it takes 5 tries to get the keyboard working so that I can type a simple text message, and when it finally decides to work the tap calibration is lacking. I have to constantly clear the ram in order to not have the phone freeze up and go ballistic. And if you need to use the internet, set aside some time, you'll be there for a while. There are so many applications that this phone can't handle-- including it's built in ones! It will freeze after the simplest command and then a pop up window will tell you the app isn't responding. So frustrating! Basically, you can do better.
I will say that the battery life is quite decent. And it charges pretty fast. The sound quality could be worse, although it's not great. It does look nice, and the buttons are laid out in a nice way. It's also durable: I'm pretty clumsy, but despite how many times I've dropped it no scratches or cracks.
Overall, though, I wouldn't wish this phone upon anyone. My whole family has one, and a few friends-- they all hate it, and our phones all individually fail in their own way. This phone is a menace!
[ A word to the wise: If you want headphones with remote control, you're going to have to use the (really really terrible) Samsung ones that come in the box, or struggle with other brands that sometimes work, but usually don't. ]

• 2014-07-21 06:30
  • YeRm
Total of 4045 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160.