Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.0
7.1
7.0

Guys anyone have experiance using usb host check to enable usb host support in galaxy ace2? I dont think we can make galaxy ace2 to plug pendrives using an otg cable.

• 2014-01-01 08:31

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-25 14:53 from 7wjq - click to readRead here:

You can find Jelly Bean 4.1.2 roms in www.sammobile.com or www.samsung-updates.com

• 2013-12-30 09:32
  • y$6J

> In reply to anonymous @ 2013-12-29 00:58 from vV5G - click to readYeah I agree, I had experienced using Ace 2 upgraded to Jelly Bean 4.1.2 through Samsung Service Center in my town, it lags, and had very bad lack (almost couldn't be stopped) when streaming YouTube.

• 2013-12-30 09:19
  • y$6J

is this phone supports subway surf or temple run if yes how can i do so plz tell me

• 2013-12-30 07:33
  • rA%x

I have galaxy ace 2 I8160 for years now ..I updated to 4.1.2 through kies ....4.1.2 isn't as good expected on ace 2 ..I downgrade it back to 2.3.6 and it works like charm and very smooth ...I highly recommended 2.3.6 for ace 2 ..dual core 800mhz doesn't work well on 4.1.2
Good luck all ..and keep in mind that after you update, the device going to be very laggy even using the camera itself ,even when typing messages or even play some HD video while your ram is below 270mb

• 2013-12-29 00:58
  • vV5G

i have glaxy ace 2 8160 mobile.its android vers cnt update.when i click for update it shows android version cldnt find.i still have android versn 2.. somthing.so how can i update my android version.

• 2013-12-25 14:53
  • 7wjq

> In reply to bj @ 2013-12-18 11:23 from UD%n - click to readYes, it does.

• 2013-12-19 23:36
  • 6}kL

Hi I have this phone for the past 1 yr now i updated through kies for the 4.1.2 and its really smooth though it has only 482MB of ram it still works like a charm.But keep in mind after update its only for everyday use and STRICTLY not for gaming.

• 2013-12-19 12:31
  • v{V6

does it support skype video call??

• 2013-12-18 11:23
  • UD%n

Guys I have updated my ace 2 to JB MG2 two three weeks ago. First week there were no problems. No freezing and everything went smooth. But now its getting stuck after I install some apps last week. I need to restart my phone every time when it gets stuck. Im not normally switching off my phone frequently. But if you turn off your phone frequently there's a chance you can avoid this problem.

• 2013-12-17 12:23
  • vL$2

I just got my official update straight from samsung service center just last month and it really works perfectly.so happy with this phone and loving it...jhel here from philippines

• 2013-12-15 08:11
  • w0Pt

This is a very nice phone, I love it very much,after I had upgraded to JB it became unstable,I sent it to service centre to downgrade to GB then everything backs to normal.This phone is not suitable for JB.

• 2013-12-14 06:50
  • tufg

there only one can make this phone perfect 32gb sd card....this is a midrange phone so stck to 2.3.6 gingerbread..i been using this phone for 1 year nowand its satisfied me..sometimes its freeze but i think its not the phone its the application you downloaded..

• 2013-12-13 23:28
  • vj1C

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-11-26 14:35 from PA7I - click to readThank you for your info.

• 2013-12-12 16:06
  • 6%ub

How do I transfer songs from PC to Ace 2 18160 and creating folders to segregate between English and Chinese songs?

This is the first time I am using Samsung mobile.

• 2013-12-12 14:11
  • uRIP

I have installed official jelly bean MG2 4.1.2 for galaxy ace2 through kies. Its really smooth than the gingerbread version. No freezing problems. But it consumes more ram. By default you have only 482mb ram. But you can increase that to 624mb. Go through the link below. After I increased my ram to 624mb, still my ram usage is more than 500mb without running any apps.

• 2013-12-12 10:22

KitKat:

• 2013-12-10 13:59
  • PA7G

> In reply to Al @ 2013-12-09 19:28 from nU1x - click to readYes Al that is precisely the problem! Regret buying this phone, should have waited for a better deal.

• 2013-12-10 03:12
  • IWNk

> In reply to ILA @ 2013-12-07 09:07 from rKNH - click to readtoo late - it did it automatically.
Every Jelly bean update for this phone is a disaster. display keeps freezing for minutes at a time and usually when you need it urgently.
I've had three jelly been updates now - every one is bad.

• 2013-12-09 19:28
  • nU1x

I have used this phone for about a year now. Using Gingerbread at first, it ran very smoothly with no lags. However, after I updated it to Jelly Bean, it lags frequently and I usually have to wait about three minutes for it to respond again. Overall, it was a very bad experience for me. I suggest the HTC Desire 601 which have better specs and a lower price.

• 2013-12-09 14:25
  • IWNT
Total of 4057 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160.