Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.0
7.1
7.0

> In reply to JBHJAZZ @ 2012-11-12 19:00 from 3pbR - click to readThis phone will skip ICS and get JB soon.

• 2012-11-13 14:22
  • E0pj

It is a good phone. All features correct but there are cheaper alternatives in the markett which do the same but are not as robust.

• 2012-11-13 13:03
  • M$iM

My phone is rooted. i can play hd games like nfs, shadow gun, dead trigger etc, without lags. Great phone! :) i used custom rom, to enable swap usb storage to sd card :))

• 2012-11-13 12:52
  • t7$E

I have been gifted a newly bought Samsung Galaxy ACE 2 GT-I8160. But, unfortunately, when I keep it standby (usually 15-30 min+) it gets shutdown and suddenly after two/three hours later it gets restarted. Did anybody in this group deal with this sort of problem? Can anybody give me the solution? Is it manufacturing fault (made in China)?

• 2012-11-13 12:43
  • Khij

• 2012-11-13 12:18
  • Khij

When samsung will launch its dual sim model??
plz reply if any info

• 2012-11-13 10:24
  • t}4w

When samsung will launch its dual sim model??
plz reply if any info

• 2012-11-13 10:22
  • t}4w

When samsung will launch its dual sim model??? Any info plz tel

• 2012-11-13 09:00
  • X0@Y

> In reply to Ace 2 User @ 2012-11-12 18:32 from sp15 - click to readerrrr.....ever heard an app called app2sd?
try to use one

• 2012-11-13 05:11
  • Pxi}

> In reply to Ace 2 User @ 2012-11-12 18:32 from sp15 - click to readI think the memory issue is a problem for all androids, not just samsung. I'm surprised there isn't enough outrage among users. What's the point of having a phone with good gaming specs when there's no place to put the games? They should put a disclaimer on the box that says "rooting is required to store games on sdcard".

• 2012-11-13 05:00
  • t7PB

> In reply to Ace 2 User @ 2012-11-12 18:32 from sp15 - click to readVery posible, if you know the steps.
You can try this steps (in Indonesian) for swaping your memory:

• 2012-11-13 01:15
  • Kxk0

> In reply to JBHJAZZ @ 2012-11-12 19:00 from 3pbR - click to readSamsung Bulgaria said that you will can upgrade soon on android 4.1 . I have this phone but the update didnt come yet

• 2012-11-12 22:17
  • sp15

how do you know the operating system is upgradeable to 4.1?

i have just been on the phone to samsung customer service (call-centre) and was told that SOME phones can upgrade to 4.0 (but not 4.1), depending on the version of your phone and on your network provider. apparently it is not possible to know until you put your SIM into the phone which version you have, and therefore whether you can upgrade. i was planning to buy this phone, but only if i can upgrade, but it appears impossible to know in advance.

has anyone got more information on this?

• 2012-11-12 19:00
  • 3pbR

Plz give us the link when update of Jelly Bean for Ace 2 will officially announce.
Is it a good phone?

• 2012-11-12 18:38
  • uNVL
  • Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
  • Rating0

Can i install applications on this phone without root? (high games)
Thanks.

• 2012-11-12 18:34
  • sp15

> In reply to Mike @ 2012-11-11 14:09 from vj1N - click to read@Mike Muhaha. I have Ace 2 , but you need 1.9 GB free on memory USB to install it and the phone has only 1.1 . So you can't install it.

The biggest problem is that you can't install apps on microsd.. you can use it only for images, videos . I'm very dissapointed about this.. I can't install games like Max Payne, NFS Most Wanted, Fifa 2012.. And i don't want to install root... Bad Job Samsung for memory. This is a very nice phone on this price, maybe best, but the memory is a problem there.

• 2012-11-12 18:32
  • sp15

I love this phone, I do have this since last month and its doing great... It can handle games like Dead Trigger and Need for Speed, and the battery, all I can say... Its long! Haha. And by the way, owners, do you receive an update for Galaxy Ace 2 today? I got mine via OTA and I think the size of update is 16MB. I think this update is to ready the phone for Jelly Bean update coming might at the end of the month or around December. I wish so.

• 2012-11-12 16:47
  • t7XH

may i ask if i can upgrade this to ICS ? and if there would be error or bugs .. thanks in advance guys ..

• 2012-11-12 13:56
  • P@dH
Total of 4068 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160.