Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 - user opinions and reviews

7.1
7.1

• Samsung Galaxy Ace 2
  • Rating0

Can i install applications on this phone without root? (high games)
Thanks.

• 2012-11-12 18:34
  • sp15

> In reply to Mike @ 2012-11-11 14:09 from vj1N - click to read@Mike Muhaha. I have Ace 2 , but you need 1.9 GB free on memory USB to install it and the phone has only 1.1 . So you can't install it.

The biggest problem is that you can't install apps on microsd.. you can use it only for images, videos . I'm very dissapointed about this.. I can't install games like Max Payne, NFS Most Wanted, Fifa 2012.. And i don't want to install root... Bad Job Samsung for memory. This is a very nice phone on this price, maybe best, but the memory is a problem there.

• 2012-11-12 18:32
  • sp15

I love this phone, I do have this since last month and its doing great... It can handle games like Dead Trigger and Need for Speed, and the battery, all I can say... Its long! Haha. And by the way, owners, do you receive an update for Galaxy Ace 2 today? I got mine via OTA and I think the size of update is 16MB. I think this update is to ready the phone for Jelly Bean update coming might at the end of the month or around December. I wish so.

• 2012-11-12 16:47
  • t7XH

may i ask if i can upgrade this to ICS ? and if there would be error or bugs .. thanks in advance guys ..

• 2012-11-12 13:56
  • P@dH

Is there anyWay i cAn instalL nfs m0st wanted on this phoNe withouT roOting it?the game is 2gb in size,as u may hav also expErienceD,alL apPs are instalLed oN our internal sd wich oNly hav 1gb user acesible

• 2012-11-12 12:33
  • t7SB

@Denzel
which is the best color for teenage girl: Black one or White one?
Thankyou :p

• 2012-11-12 11:26
  • Kx74

> In reply to Denzel @ 2012-11-11 14:59 from t7Xr - click to readSir,

Thank you. :)
I've read that xperia u has a free 50gb of cloud storage from their website but i realized the importance of the card slot category. Waiting for the ace2 to be available in our area (La Union).

Salamat ulit dre. :)
PROUD TO BE A FILIPINO

• 2012-11-12 10:34
  • t7Xk

> In reply to Zzzzzzz @ 2012-11-12 00:42 from 36Fb - click to readI don't know. As a good gesture to a compatriot, it is customary to have the same acts/behavior. :)

• 2012-11-12 07:01
  • uSR7

> In reply to Denzel @ 2012-11-11 14:59 from t7Xr - click to readAgree. ACE2 is the best for the price.

PS : I don't understand why being a filipino entitles you to be proud of anything...look around you.

• 2012-11-12 00:42
  • 36Fb

> In reply to gamer @ 2012-11-11 19:04 from t7Jj - click to readWith its dual core processor and Mali-400 GPU, it can handle most games, even demanding 3D ones, dictated by its NenaMark2 benchmark.

• 2012-11-11 23:13
  • t7Xi

does the ace2 handle most games? (this include emulation games but exluding HD 3D games)?

• 2012-11-11 19:04
  • t7Jj

hello google.when does samsung galaxy ace 2 be updated to os:4.1?

• 2012-11-11 16:43
  • AIAA

> In reply to jaysn @ 2012-11-11 13:25 from t7Xk - click to readOkay, thanks for asking! Here are the advantages of both phones against one another:

Xperia U

Advantages:
1. Better screen
2. Better handling capacity
3. ICS upgradeable
4. Cheaper
5. Lighter

Disadvantages:
1. Small battery
2. Little memory (no microSD slot)

Ace 2

Advantages:
1. Bigger screen
2. Bigger battery capacity

Disadvantages:
1. JB update not yet seen (might be cancelled)
2. Smaller screen density
3. Heavier

Conclusion:
In this case, I'd rather choose the Ace 2 for its decent specs, though there are minor drawbacks. If the small battery and the little memory is no problem for you, I'd go for the Xperia U.

P.S. Proud to be a Filipino too! :)

• 2012-11-11 14:59
  • t7Xr

> In reply to [deleted post]Does your phone lag when playing NFS Most Wanted?

• 2012-11-11 14:09
  • vj1N

Sir (esp. Denzel),

I just want to hear your thoughts regarding my concern. I am a newbie regarding smartphones. I currently owned a low end smartphone ( galaxy pocket ) and i want to upgrade to a mid range one. As far as my budget is concern, i can only afford and choosing between ACE 2 and XPERIA U because i want a cheap smartphone with a front cam and at least dual core cpu. Kindly enlighten me what to choose because i'm not that too tech savvy guy to know their diff. buy only reading their specs. Basically, their specs are almost similar, they only differ in chipset which i'm not familiar. And also, can you tell me what is their advantage over the other? Thanks for sharing your time.

Hope you can help. :)
PROUD TO BE A FILIPINO

• 2012-11-11 13:25
  • t7Xk

How do you limit the KB for downloading emails. Cant find the settings. Help pls

• 2012-11-10 19:50
  • ijEX

> In reply to Mike @ 2012-11-10 10:56 from vj1N - click to readYes, u can use this metode (swap memory internal to external).
Source ( in Indonesian):

• 2012-11-10 11:28
  • KxdJ

How can I install apps in USB storage? do I need to root my phone?

• 2012-11-10 10:56
  • vj1N

Can play modern combat 3 with no lag. camera zoom can be fixed with 3rd party app

• 2012-11-10 09:18
  • 6ccS
Total of 4112 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160.