Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.0
7.1
7.0

I don't know if it's just my device, but 4 or 5 months after i started using it, it started turning off all by itself, it would just stop responding while i was using apps, any apps, and it will not let me access my photo gallery, it generally sucked.

• 2014-06-27 14:27
  • 001}

i love using ace2,very user freindly and easy to access all kinds of apps..thanks samsung for creating ace2..

• 2014-06-19 08:18
  • wHrS

> In reply to tech_nick @ 2014-06-01 20:21 from t78c - click to readYes for me Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 is still better than Ace 3 you know why? Beacause Ace 2 has Apperture f2.8 lens thats why Ace 2 has better camera than Ace 3... And besides the only advantage of Ace 3 is slighty more faster than Ace 2 in processor... I stiil love Ace 2

• 2014-06-17 09:31
  • t7Vx

I want to update my phone via cm11 but do I need to root it? please help thanks in advance

• 2014-06-16 09:04
  • iIaC

hello I have the phone and I love it but jelly bean is a horor so I've been thinking about installing cm11 but I want to ask do I need to root my phone before that. please help . thaks in advance.

• 2014-06-15 08:30
  • B0@Q

> In reply to Mix @ 2014-05-18 19:47 from 3nqn - click to readPlease I downloaded the custom ROM but wasn't working well on my ace 2,I will be glad if you give me the download link to the ROM you talking about or attach the file here so that I download, my email is fancyjonesgh@gmail.com
Hoping to here from you soon

• 2014-06-13 06:33
  • mcuw

for any one who suffers lagging and frequent restart issues ... try apex launcher .... it kinda solved most of the problem and more stylish .... I think the problem is the touchwiz launcher itself ! .... for better results try custom roms on xda

• 2014-06-13 05:58
  • fmhq

> In reply to NikiDroid @ 2014-06-02 14:28 from tDCx - click to readThat's kinda because it's newer.

• 2014-06-04 03:52
  • 7Ax7

> In reply to tech_nick @ 2014-06-01 20:21 from t78c - click to readI think Ace 3 is better, it has better chipset and newer firmware,

• 2014-06-02 14:28
  • tDCx

Using which firmware version?? Is your device okay like before?

• 2014-06-02 10:05
  • K2F%

do you think ace 2 is still better than ace 3?

• 2014-06-01 20:21
  • t78c

I downloaded jelly bean for my ace 2 because gingerbread was to slow, now with jellybean: it's even more slow, snapchat workes better though, somehow i can't printscreen anymore (tried every damn button and every combination). I like the looks from jellybean but realy, never thought a phone could be soooooo damn slow....

• 2014-06-01 12:10
  • mwH%

I hope Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 will be released before the end of this year... I love Ace series....

• 2014-05-27 20:43
  • t7Vb

Had my ACE2 for just over a year i think now... has been fantastic, got an ACE from my provider, but was really rubbish, memory filled up in two minutes, then would not send or receive txts! so looked up other possibilities on GSMArena and sold my ACE and for an extra £20 bought the ACE2 and never looked back.. battery lasts for two days, could play music on it at work for 8 hrs solid and would still last the rest of the evening without a re-charge. just upgrading to an S4 Mini, so the Ace 2 is going to my wife who has a galaxy young with the same probs as the Ace.. highly recommend the ACE 2 !!

• 2014-05-26 12:31
  • H5xE

> In reply to fancyjonesgh @ 2014-04-29 19:48 from mcu7 - click to readYou flashed the wrong jelly bean you must flash the xxmf1 or the xxmc8 those are good but for camera I prefere the xxmf1.

• 2014-05-25 14:45
  • 33@W

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-05-23 01:43 from akW6 - click to readWith custom rom like Cyanogenmod11 or other that have oc kernel inbuild. You can overclock it and undervolt it for better battery life. Btw past two days i see one 5 monts old Nexus 5 with unresponsive touch and one Huawei p6 with ugly broken rear panel(from it self) so... yeah, Ace2 is realy, realy good made phone.

• 2014-05-23 11:01
  • 3PGV

> In reply to Mix @ 2014-05-18 19:47 from 3nqn - click to readHow did you do it?

• 2014-05-23 01:43
  • akW6

So, i done few things with this phone:

- Upgraded to Android 4.4.2
- Oveclocked to 1,2GHz Dual core
- Mali GPU oveclocked as well
- 628MB of RAM in use (instead 550MB)
- Memory swap....etc.....

And i can tell you next: Phone is beast, AnTuTu score is 11673 (stock rom and kernel score is 7312) and phone can easily run bigger games (GT racing 2 with no lag, Minion rush and similar games working flawless!!!)

+ This phone CPU is underclocked to 800Mhz (out of box) but same processor on SIII mini is clocked at 1000Mhz, so it can be easily overclocked to 1,2Ghz....

And yes, insted of ~150mb ram on GB and ~100mb ram memory free on JB i have ~250 - 350 RAM free all the time :)

Yes, this is old phone and his time is passing BUT its still 1 hell of a machine :)

I hope i helped someone with this, this phone have potential to become a beast in proper hands and yes his price is ~100 but when you OC it and do bunch of little tweaks it can get on a level of 160 phones.

In comparement with S3mini and S2 i dont see big difference really!

This guy is still kicking HARD

PS: if you are thinking about buying this phone and you dont have big budget do it, google few things (custom roms, OC etc...) and you wont regret at all!!!

All the best, bye!

• 2014-05-18 19:47
  • 3nqn

Finally!!! My Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 was downgraded in gingerbread.... Lightning speed again... Thanks to the expert teqnician...

• 2014-05-17 06:21
  • t7Vb
Total of 4055 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160.