[deleted post]here in the Philippines,gingerbread is now available,so you should ask the nearest samsung service center:-)
[Português/BR] Ótimo aparelho pelo custo/benefício oferecido. Com a versão do Android 2.3 fica ainda melhor. Há uma melhoria da câmera e na resposta do sistema em suas funções. Muito bom mesmo! Great unit for the cost / benefit offered.
[english/USA] With the release of Android 2.3 is even better. There is a better camera and the response of the system in its functions. Very good indeed!
yatinkumar, 15 Sep 2011Hi All,
I am facing a issue with cam. I am not able to take snaps. The Button is visible o... morepiece of cake.
1. go to camera
2. click the power button once, it unlocks the whole thing.
now you can use the camera again..
read older post..
I lov this model vry much...i love all features except drastic problems like poor battery and wifi error sometimes...
I am facing a issue with cam. I am not able to take snaps. The Button is visible on screen but while clicking it doesnt responds and i see a lock icon just on the right side of the no (Which shows the limit of snaps). I dont know whats wrong. Actaully any control other than main close button not working. Please help...
To all Battery Issue USE JUICE DEFENDER ULTIMATE ....
That will prevent battery draining for sure. I got 2.5 days on my battery without charging.
iggy, 15 Sep 2011just want to ask.. if someone can help me.. my samsung ace doesnt last its battery that long..... moreHow to extend battery life:
1. Turn off wifi when not in use.
2. Turn off 3g when phone is stand by.
3. Turn off GPS when not in use.
4. Turn off Bluetooth when not in use.
5. Always close programs running on background which you do not use. Go to setting--application--manage application--Running--click the program not in use and click force stop.
6. After using the phone, click running--- exit program that still Running; then click RAM--click Clear memory.
7. Go to Setting-- Accounts and sync--uncheck background data.
8. go to setting--display--brightness--lower brightness slider
9. When playing games (example- angry birds) this will drain your battery very fast and could only last maybe 4 to 5 hours; as the cpu of the phone is working 500% plus the display is always on.
10. When charging, lay the phone of a hard flat surface like table to minimize heat build up. Never put the phone on a pillow of soft material during charging as this will cause heat build up which will shorten the life of your battery.
11. Turn off automatic updates of apps so to avoid downloading when your wifi or 3G is on. This will also cost you additional charges fron your internet/phone providers.
12. When there is no available cellular signal, turn off the phone as searching for network signal will drain your battery very fast.
13. Never expose your phone to hot temperature (like on car dashboard when driving) as this shorten the life of your cpu and battery.
14. Always use samsung chargers in charging your phone. Under current/over current of substitute chargers will only damage your battery and phone.
Always remember for any Android OS, some of the apps/programs will turn on by its self (automatic). So you have to turn them off from time to time.
If you practice the above, your battery will last you 4 to 5 days before recharging. For just standby, my phone lasted 12 days before recharging. When the phone reaches 20%, recommend to recharge your phone. Draining your battery totally (0 level) will kill your battery sooner than you expected. Draining battery to 0% is only applicable to NIckel cadium batteries. Draining the battery to 0 level is a no no for Lithium Ion and Lithium poly batteries.
Hope this can help you extend the battery's power and life.
just want to ask.. if someone can help me.. my samsung ace doesnt last its battery that long.. it only last for 6 hrs,,, with minimal use... (seldom txt and no call at all).. is there any way to solve my problem. thanks
dont go for ace no good graphics resilutions bad battery back up this phone deserves man 9000 go for sony experia mini it has 2.3 gd video great resolution at cheaper than ace
chin2, 14 Sep 2011i hv updated my ace to gingerbread....Now RAM usage has increased...using 190+mb of RAM....phn... moreYou've got to manage running background processes & services. Remove unnecessary applications/widgets running in background. Use "Android Booster", available in android market for free. In my opinion (& many expert reviews), Gingerbread is the most stable version of android. You'll enjoy it.
I m' using my new phone Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
Please help. how to copy contact from Sim card to phone.
from last few days i am facing some battery issues like,
1)When i am trying to switch on my phone its showing me 0% battery life and phone gets automatically switch off even the battery is 80% charged,
2) after charging when i removes the USB cable its showing me on display that battery still its charging without any support.
Can anyone pls help for this?
Update the Kies first and plug in ur Phone via pc, thats it.. Rest will be taken care of Kies.. It may take 30mins - 1 hour to update.. depending upon the network providers speed
Guys i got Galaxy ace bt reliance 3g doesnt work... whole network gets zero... Plz help yaar....
STX16, 12 Sep 2011It has VGA 30 fps recording at least the EU models .When Ace is updated to GINGERBREAD it is automatically up the videocam to 30 fps,and thats the fact:-)
I bought this phone last 2 weeks ago, with 2.3.4 Android Version already on it, as what i've experience on my ace the battery life is nice it last for 2days (sms.calls/wifi/games), i'm happy for my phone and what it can gives. the price is reasonable for its specs. :)
Dhruv5, 14 Sep 2011Hi Has anyone updated his phone to Gingerbread through Samsung service centre in Mumbai. If... moreDon't wait that somebody will tell you,all samsung service center are required to update the software of their customer's unit and its for free,just bring the reciept of your phone and they will do the rest:-)