Jayaram, 01 Jul 2011i heard that flash cant be played in ACE... is it true? is it not a disadvantage?yes flash player is not available in ace....but u can download sky fire browser ..it converts flash to its format so u can run flash on most of the sites ........
and there is one more method ....update it to gingerbread ...then its inbuilt browser will support flash and camera quality will become better.......
but u really want to go for flash player then go wid ...HTC desire its rocking phone
Bazzinga, 01 Jul 2011Froyo allows you to store the apps on the SD card so you don't have to use up all the internal... morenot all apps can move to SD. so there will still be a limit in the apps that you can install.
guys can i ask if galaxy ace has a internet pass through features???(ex. while the phone is connected via usb on a internet desktop,you can use the desktop internet for browsing and not using the load of the phone)
Guys if u want to update your phone to gingerbread go to xda developers forum. Mine is 2.3.4 and I have installed new rom k/s coderom. I have also increased my internal memory to 182 mb by rooting and deleting unwanted system apps. By rooting u can also install every apps to sd card so no more worries of small int memory
hi every1...i just got my galaxy ace a few days ago n its got sum stupid problen...many times d phone force closes n vibrates nd i hav 2 remove da battery 2 restart it...cn ny1 pls help...tnxx
i need to buy a touch screen phone.. can someone tell me truly is this a good phone? because i like this model..
pam, 01 Jul 2011same problem.. i got to change this unit 3 X .. mine was just 2 days old when i experience tha... morethe store that i bought also said that its virus but i think its the phone itself bcoz i didnt experience any problem with my x8 before..im still waiting for my phone
Hi...wen i play angry bird game it ask's me force close or wait or etc... Is this problem wit my phone or angry bird application... Wen i browse it vibrate n browsing application closes... Anyone have faced this type of problem please help me
There is a new android v2.3.4 which can be installed on ACE and with that update you get instead of video of 320x240 you get video with resolution of 640x480, and faster with less bugs phone. And installing new system is nothing easier to do.
Those people who were complaining regarding the dedicated camera button for Galaxy Ace can now rejoice, after updating to Gingerbread version 2.3.4 you can use the power button for clicking snaps and recording. Don't believe me? see this video for proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B5eprwnlWs
hfhf, 01 Jul 2011i didn't experience that.. hmm just bring it to service centerthis is major problem in samsung phones so don't buy in future.
Froyo allows you to store the apps on the SD card so you don't have to use up all the internal memory.
Anonymous, 01 Jul 2011yes, i also got a problem like yours. phone asked me to force close.then it keep on vibrating.... moresame problem.. i got to change this unit 3 X .. mine was just 2 days old when i experience that problem.. the shop where i bought said it's Virus. :/ hmm i dnt think that's virus.. it's on the fone itself..
When u have Android 2.2 (Froyo) then ou can install you apps in SD card, dont bother about internal memory.. Now enjoy :)
after a week of using the phone, here's my review-
1. i've seen many to complain about the battery life, i think those who face battery draining r doing sthing wrong. mine's running 2 days easily on a single charge, sometimes even 3 days, & i havent even rooted it yet. just google "how to increase battery life on galaxy ace" & follow those instructions.
2. internal memory is not much (only ~150mb) but so far most of the apps i've downloaded can be installed on sd card so no prob there. besides those which do not install on sd by default, there's app2sd to move them.
3. the interface is very responsive. although i'll say converting from nokia, the system needs a li'l effort to get used to. love the task manager, makes ur life so much easier. i've faced some lagging once in a while though, specially when starting messaging. lets see if updating the os to 2.3 solves that.
4. not much into camera so havent used it often. but pics come in slightly noisy in indoor environment.
5. sound is AWEsome through speaker, its loud & clear. when using headphone, although the sound is good, it feels a little muffled.