Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 - user opinions and reviews

5.8
5.7
5.5

overall good phone
doesnt sopport all headphones in good quality sound
battery is good
but drains quickly if internet or 3 is used
awesum clarity
good camera
gorilla glass is awesum
touch is good
phone starts slowing down once a lot of apps are installed

• 2011-05-30 15:45
  • PSMR

I bought it yesterday. Generally it is a great phone due to its price. I made all settings according to my taste but I had a serious problem about the calendar.

In the day view, when you enter 2 all day notes, calendar shows these notes and their previews at the top of day view. But when you entered 3 or more all day notes, lines appear at top again but without previews. I mean the boxes are empty, so you can't see the notes unless you enter into the notes. When I tested the same thing with another Ace, the problem was already there. But with Samsung SL, there is no problem really, although both phones use the same Android version - Froyo 2.2.1.

I wonder whether this problem can be solved with 2.3.3 Gingerbread upgrade. If I can't solve this problem, I will give it back. Because calendar is very very important for me.

Upgraded Ace users, please try and inform me. Thanks for any help...

• 2011-05-30 12:49
  • 0myV

> In reply to vinu @ 2011-05-28 09:23 from bChk - click to readHai Vinu ,Thanks a lot
I checked the settings at present 3G not enabled 4 my SIM ..Hope i can enjoy the services after once 3G Enabled ....

• 2011-05-30 12:20
  • w4Y5

why do'nt you go for wave 2 it has 1ghz processor,tv-output,supports - MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+ player
- MP4/MKV/H.263/H.264/WMV/Xvid/DivX ,having same price,
1 GHz ARM Cortex-A8 processor, PowerVR SGX540 GPU, Hummingbird chipset, great $ better display

• 2011-05-30 12:16
  • wdTs

There is no secondary camera then how it supports video calling. please anyone suggest me i gonna buy this phone......

• 2011-05-30 11:32
  • 9JLy

it is anice phone samsung is a great company

• 2011-05-30 11:12
  • 2@H5

if it does not have secondary camera how does it support video calling???

• 2011-05-30 10:00
  • 7q9F

hey cooll,,,, i play nova, modern combat, gangster , pes 2011,,all gameloft hd games support in galaxy ace,,,,,,,,i luv galaxy..............ace

• 2011-05-30 08:42
  • tE{m

> In reply to Amr Tawfik @ 2011-05-30 01:19 from NhSu - click to readIt has gt a really gud system of mp3 player
THUMBS UP if u r gonna buy tis 1 !!!!!!!!!!

• 2011-05-30 08:34
  • ut{T

> In reply to Amr Tawfik @ 2011-05-30 01:19 from NhSu - click to readcheck Wave 2 its mp3 player is awesome better than the Android phone. Sound and volume in Wave 2 is good and loud. It has 1 Gig processor, video quality is more since you can take 720p HD videos and also download high quality videos from YouTube and play it in the phone. Wave 2 supports more video formats like MKV and DivX. The screen clarity is also better than Ace since it has Super Clear LCD.

• 2011-05-30 08:24
  • vGqg

can i play gameloft games in this phone? for example shadow guardian, gangstar, splinter cell...

• 2011-05-30 08:13
  • srft

for whom who have used this phone, is that true that it's support gorilla glass?? thanks :D

• 2011-05-30 02:29
  • tA$9

> In reply to Amr Tawfik @ 2011-05-28 04:27 from NhUc - click to readHey all,
May anyone reply my first question please? I sincerely need your urgent support. I'm going to buy that phone, as I admire its features, however I'm pending ONLY on getting answers of my first question regarding the MP3s quality and volume of it, and does it have any problems in terms of performance? I urge all of you to help me please.

Please all I'm confident of your valuable support and cooperation..

Many thanks in advance,

• 2011-05-30 01:19
  • NhSu

> In reply to sahil @ 2011-05-28 10:46 from uwWs - click to readya..motion gaming enabled

• 2011-05-29 22:50
  • utrR

i already buy it...SUPERB!!!

• 2011-05-29 21:23
  • ibpT

how much is the battery life of this galaxy ace giving once it is fully charged ????????? when 3g is activated..

plz reply sum1..

• 2011-05-29 18:58
  • bC2f

> In reply to sky @ 2011-05-29 11:23 from w0QN - click to readYes Dude it confirmed that its a gingerbread u can update it on http://lastestfirmwares.blogsp...y-guide.html

• 2011-05-29 13:10
  • utW9

i bought one too.. experience is great.. as if i got my pc with me all the time.. ^_^

• 2011-05-29 12:57
  • wYB6

how do i download movies on my galaxy ace?

• 2011-05-29 11:26
  • w0QN

> In reply to cloud @ 2011-05-29 07:03 from utWe - click to readis it confirmed that gingerbread for ace is out already?

• 2011-05-29 11:23
  • w0QN
Total of 14490 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.