Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 - user opinions and reviews

12%

5.7
5.6
5.4

lets complain together abt the bettery of ace to samsung..
they will surely do somethings!!!

• 2011-03-20 20:27
  • uwV2

I'd like to see this phone in in 9mm slim, better screen and the 1g proccessor - could be such a winner, would've definitely buy it.

• 2011-03-20 18:03
  • 0mXH

If there is any other android phone around the same price..please suggest??????

• 2011-03-20 14:03
  • sUU$

Hi.. I bought ace two days back. And now its home screen is not functioning due to unexpected reasons. Is there any key? Thanks.

• 2011-03-20 13:49
  • kUW@

Hey People...does it support video calling..nd wat abt email and IM alerts??? please reply

• 2011-03-20 13:36
  • sUU$

go for galaxy sl instead of ace. Available at 18k in delhi with 1650mah big battery

• 2011-03-20 12:36
  • s8aa

hi nice phone.How do i add a hotmail account in this phone and does this phone has a pop.so that when i receive a new mail in any of my account (hotmail or gmail)it comes as a pop up.If,yes plz suggest how.Thanks would be very greatfull.

• 2011-03-20 11:59
  • vbT7

poor battery life.. may n79 is much better.. hehehe...

• 2011-03-20 11:32
  • wHrS

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-03-18 16:48 from ib9x - click to readis there any battery back up problem in galaxy ace.....how many hours does battery gave....if v listen 2 hours song and 1 hour game?????? please some one tel me..and thank u in advance

• 2011-03-20 08:58
  • vbJT

Is the Ace getting a Gingerbread update ?? I guess LG Optimus One is getting it soon ..

• 2011-03-20 08:35
  • 2ZjN

guys i am unable to get results from barcode

• 2011-03-20 08:32
  • upY8

I bought the Galaxy Ace last month for Rs. 15K in Chennai and am very much happy with its performance. I installed a 8 GB microsd card for around Rs. 600 and with the app2sd feature, installed most apps into the card. The main downside i felt initially was about the internal memory of the phone. It is 181 MB only and i had restrictions in installing applications. Some applications cannot be moved to the sdcard and hence i had to uninstall unwanted applications everytime. But then, i learnt that i do not use every application and now, i am quite happy with the useful applications i have installed which takes around 110 MB only of my internal memory. The RAM is 278 MB and i feel is sufficient for most jobs. I however check for apps which use my RAM and kill them with the task manager to conserve battery life. One of the main concerns with the Ace was its battery, and i had to recharge it every 10 to 12 hours initially, since i was using it for a looong time then... I was actually sort of addicted to the device: It had plenty of interesting apps and games and i had to learn android as well. Then, after two weeks or so, i had to recharge once a day and now, when i do not use the apps frequently and use it only when needed, the charge lasts for 2 days. The display is good and seems to have gorilla glass on top. I got a rubbery black back panel as well as a shiny white one. A leather pouch was also included in the box. The screen size best suits me - comfortable for the pocket and large enough to browse the internet. Overall, it is an extremely good smartphone!

• 2011-03-20 08:01
  • 2THd

> In reply to MS @ 2011-03-20 04:39 from YQBe - click to readWho knows and who cares? The Corning website says the Ace has it, and that's good enough for me.

• 2011-03-20 07:44
  • uCk{

how can i save my text message to sd card?

• 2011-03-20 07:32
  • wHrS

hey everyone i am confused...........plz help
I have 4 options
1.samsung galaxy ace s5830
2.samsung wave s5800
3.samsung wave s5830
4.htc wildfire

which one should i buy???????//
plz reply..........

• 2011-03-20 06:48
  • PAY2

> In reply to zainu @ 2011-03-19 06:22 from vGPd - click to readI downloaded APN Winget but after downloading it I could did not know how to on/off it so I removed it.Now I cannot access the net at all not even through wi-fi.
Plz help me out,its urgent.Thanks

• 2011-03-20 06:43
  • vbT2

IS video calling option available???

• 2011-03-20 06:09
  • 95aV

yeahh!!! galaxy ace has gorilla glass!!
check this video!!:

• 2011-03-20 06:07
  • wHrS

> In reply to ashraf @ 2011-03-19 09:46 from nC6i - click to readThanks Ashraf, Your mini review was great, Thanks for all the info. I was debating this phone or the Nokia C7, Both have their pros & cons, but reliability is most important, plus I like Android phones and currently have a Samsung S5230, but I am ready for a step-up and this handset fits the bill. Just curious how the battery life is IRL and how useful the GPS is IRL, I know the C7 has free GPS and does not require a data plan to utilize it, also Symbian is very good in preserving battery life. Cheers from Canada

• 2011-03-20 05:44
  • q}%S

I bought samsung ace last week, it is a great sat, but its battery on last for 4 to 5 hours is there something wrong with my set only?

• 2011-03-20 05:19
  • tt8A
Total of 14694 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.