Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 - user opinions and reviews

11%

5.8
5.6
5.4

> In reply to Yatinkumar @ 2011-03-16 10:04 from ijyn - click to readmy phone can play videos from youtube without downloading any media player..

• 2011-03-16 14:32
  • KhsE

> In reply to Mkumar @ 2011-03-16 10:00 from SsyU - click to readpress power key for few seconds and you'll see the options..
good luck!

• 2011-03-16 14:29
  • KhsE

> In reply to Donnie @ 2011-03-16 07:59 from utk6 - click to readmy phone works now, i brought it to samsung service ctr, it's just reset by the staff & said it probably happened after i downloaded an application even it's from market. so do you have any idea which application (from android) is secured to be downloaded & which one is not?

• 2011-03-16 14:26
  • KhsE

seriously does it support flash 10.1?
cause i really want to use the phone for like seeing facebook video and other site video (eg megavideo, video weed)

• 2011-03-16 13:36
  • IWHs

Can anyone please tell me how to check the status of battery.In Galaxy 3 the status o battery is shown in Percentage,but it is not showing in my Galaxy ACE.Is everybodys Galaxy ACE is not showing battery status.please tell me.. THANKS.

• 2011-03-16 13:30
  • 2ST1

I find Its is really good , touch is good, wifi is working good, camera is good, flash is available,music is good.UI is interactive. Not feeling much proble till date

• 2011-03-16 12:53
  • t}xN

why is it that every time i received an sms, it is always coming more that 3x for the same sms and from the same sender?sometimes i received it up to 10x for the same sms.is there any problem on my settings?ever since i bought this phone i never change the setting.

• 2011-03-16 12:51
  • ScU9

> In reply to jayceglen @ 2011-03-14 07:34 from t7Eb - click to readwhat error message u are getting while downloading.if u have tried earlier also then u uninstall it properly then install again. try may help u out

• 2011-03-16 12:43
  • Khhy

Hello Everyone, I need help from you guys...

I am planning to buy a new mobile..I have been a user of Nokia E63 from the past one and half year, and I am from India...
Now I am stuck with four choices and I am confused which mobile to buy...

The four choices that I have as of now are:
1. Nokia C7
2. Motorola DEFY
3. Samsung Galaxy ACE
4. Samsung Wave II

I am also letting you know my usage on mobile:

1. Main thing is Signal reception
2. I take lot of pics as I hang out with my friends a lot...I use camera a lot (both for pics and videos)
3. I love to listen to music, and if my mobile plays good music...I would love it...
4. I watch videos, like video songs and movies on mobile... (You won’t believe but I also watched movies on my Nokia E63:-D)
5. I am not an extensive gamer but I do play games...
6. I Browse net on my mobile a lot...so I want a mobile to play videos embedded in a webpage, and websites like YouTube etc...My old Nokia E63 could not play videos from sites like GSMArena etc 
7. I used to check all my mails, and even reply to them through my Nokia E63...so I want the same from my new mobile also.
8. . I chat a lot :-)
9. I need applications like to save and hide my personal data….for example, I used to have HideMe in my Nokia E63 which used to help me protect my pics, videos and documents and also hide them…so it would be better if I had applications like this on my new mobiles also.

• 2011-03-16 12:31
  • 2SS0

> In reply to PRITZIE @ 2011-03-16 00:33 from K7eu - click to readSettings --> Wireless and networks --> Mobile Network --> uncheck "Use packet data"

• 2011-03-16 11:48
  • 9BBf

> In reply to Mkumar @ 2011-03-16 10:00 from SsyU - click to readSettings --> Wireless and networks --> Flight Mode

• 2011-03-16 11:45
  • 9BBf

> In reply to Yatinkumar @ 2011-03-16 10:04 from ijyn - click to readYou can watch videos using YouTube application which is pre-installed.

• 2011-03-16 11:39
  • 9BBf

I bought my Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 days ago. Actually I fell very satisfied. Is it possible to upgrade the OS from Froyo to Honeycomb oneday?

• 2011-03-16 11:09
  • sEx1

> In reply to Yatinkumar @ 2011-03-16 10:04 from ijyn - click to readYou tube works through the official app preloaded wit the phone.. i havent tried going to the site thru internet though...

• 2011-03-16 11:07
  • m27U

> In reply to Duddy @ 2011-03-16 04:47 from wr4@ - click to readthat looks pretty solid bro. for some reason my battery is not performing as good as urs. i have put another post saying detailed usage of battery. May be after some charge cycles, my battery will perform better.

• 2011-03-16 11:03
  • m27U

Since there is a lot of comments/questions on Samsung Galaxy Ace's battery capacity, i thought i will give details of my last battery life cycle.

Details - I am running battery saving app juice defender. My display brightness is set to 40-50%. 3G is on.

Duration of last battery life cycle (from fully charged to empty) - 26hrs
Idle time - 22hrs, which means i used the phone for around 3 hrs of which:
voice calls - 1 hr
other - 3 hrs (mostly browsing, messaging, and low use of some use of apps like maps, but no games)

I hope this will help you all to decide on how gud the battery life is.

Juice defender is definitely helping - it gives at least 1-2 hrs more battery time with at least double the voice call usage.

If other users can also post these details (which is available in settings>about phone>battery status), it would be really helpful for potential buyers

• 2011-03-16 10:53
  • m27U

> In reply to suji @ 2011-03-15 17:30 from 2ZY0 - click to readcopy your contact to microSD by using nokia PC suite.
plug that micro SD to your ace, open your contact and import it

• 2011-03-16 10:45
  • uCbe

ok .only galaxy ace

• 2011-03-16 10:14
  • HIa4

I read in the forum that it does not support Flash.. Tht means youtube also wont work.. Am i right???

• 2011-03-16 10:04
  • ijyn

how can i make the samsung ace offline. like symbian os has profile etc.

• 2011-03-16 10:00
  • SsyU
Total of 14603 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.