Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 - user opinions and reviews

11%

5.7
5.6
5.4

I have been using Samsung Ace for 2 weeks now. I am very satisfied with the phone. This is the first time i am using a smartphone, so i donno how it fairs against others in the market. This phone is a total value for money. I never knew that good smartphones were available in this price range.

It has good features, excellent touch, nice looks, good UI. My main issue was apprehensions abt using a touch keyboard, but the response is real good and the swype keyboard is simply superb. Till now didnt have any issue with the phone. My battery lasts 24 hrs for medium usage (10-15 mins calls, 30 mins browsing, 30 mins apps usage), which is not great. But getting some advice from this forum, i have now installed juice defender, which should extend it. Still i think i will have to charge every alternate day. I donno if any other smartphone out there is better in battery life. If you are a heavy user, its better u dont go for this phone, as you will have to charge twice a day.

all in all, the phone is totally worth its money.

• 2011-03-15 12:10
  • m27U

> In reply to rohan @ 2011-03-15 07:55 from vbR@ - click to readNo Brother that thing is not happen when I use some other third party apps, this thing also happen when sometimes I click to Some setting such as Manage Applications or Running Services.

• 2011-03-15 11:45
  • 2@kp

i am in a dilemma. i cannot make choice b/w e72 and samsung ace. Guys please help me in this regard. Can i get constant mail update in samsung ace like i would get in E72? How about its battery life? I came across a fact that after few charge and discharge cycle i may get good battery performance. How far is this true?

• 2011-03-15 11:13
  • U%{f

> In reply to ED @ 2011-03-14 21:18 from PASC - click to readIs that real? I feel like buying a battery which is greater in capacity for Ace..

• 2011-03-15 10:50
  • ibc9

> In reply to anshul. @ 2011-03-14 09:53 from ut$1 - click to readwat abt launch of ntc salsa

• 2011-03-15 09:47
  • ut$1

Excellent phone! Has all the best features, for a reasonable price. No regrets buying it, and have been using it 2 weeks already. No problems at all, and the 5mp camera and flash is FABULOUS. I'd rather have no adobe flash, than no camera flash!

This phone is IDEAL for the light to medium user, like myself, who does moderate multi-tasking, and doesn't make video calls. I also don't need a 4" phone coz its too big; I don't need a front camera coz video calls are pricey and most of my friends don't use it too; and SAMOLED screens make a phone too expensive but the impact is not that big. I can live without those features, in exchange for a lower price (which simplifies my life too).

If you are a HEAVY user, with a need for PERFECTION in a phone, then Samsung Galaxy Ace is not the phone for you. Go for the more expensive Galaxy S 2-- it's flawless, yes, but pricey.

• 2011-03-15 09:44
  • nC6i

> In reply to Ravi @ 2011-03-14 03:37 from 9BBf - click to readi think u dnt knw hw 2 use it!!!

• 2011-03-15 08:53
  • sxt@

does it have a built in flash player? like HTC?

• 2011-03-15 08:41
  • P%C}

battery life is better than my previous nokia c6

• 2011-03-15 08:27
  • 2T24

I recently bought the Galaxy Ace. It has been very reliable and fun. The only downside I can see is it's battery life; it can only survive probably just around 1 and half days worth of everyday use (texting, checking email, light browsing, etc.), even with the Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth off and the backlight all the way to the most minimum level.
Although, I don't have any of those Task Managers running.

• 2011-03-15 08:09
  • sEKT

> In reply to dasofone @ 2011-03-14 18:47 from KhwG - click to readIt means that app isn't for your phone(hardware or software configurations ) so it force closes ,uninstall it.

• 2011-03-15 07:55
  • vbR@

> In reply to Chris20puthi @ 2011-03-12 02:58 from 7txA - click to readI am talking abt "SAMSUNG"
i hope u get it now...

• 2011-03-15 06:44
  • vGTi

> In reply to Raul @ 2011-03-12 17:38 from ub69 - click to readYeah its battery life is not that cool but it works as per once usage...so the details given by raul are nearly ok
Well i prefer listenning to music & casual net surfing it easily go for 2 days... so i am happy with it...:):)

• 2011-03-15 06:42
  • vGTi

Hai Guyz......
I am currently using Motorola e6
I am planning to buy this fone.
I have a few questions.

1)How does low RAM affects performance? How is its affects the multitasking ability (no. of high power apps{lyk angry birds} which can be opened @ a tym without getting slow). Does it affect after hours of browsing?
2)can it really play avi,flv,mpg,wmv,wma..in its default player.If not can any app frm the mkt which can play these formats without any issue.
3)Battery issue.
my normal usage is max 30 min calls & a couple of msgs & watching a couple of photos listening to music for abt 2hrs. that's it
my heavy usage comes when using fone 2 watch films through youtube,browsing,downloading,using widgets,using gmail sync & other internet based stuff
calling for 4-5 hrs,msging.
how will da battery fair in these kind of usages?

PLS help me with these questions!!!!!!!!!

Sry i couldn't find any solid answer for my questions in earlier posts so i had make it all by myself..

THANKS IN ADVANCE

• 2011-03-15 04:53
  • utV4

> In reply to ED @ 2011-03-14 21:18 from PASC - click to readI have not checked in the market yet. Will update you if I get some information regarding this.

• 2011-03-15 04:25
  • 9BBf

> In reply to dasofone @ 2011-03-14 18:47 from KhwG - click to readI'm a SGA user & me too face this issue more often. I think, the device is getting rebooted to prevent the further damage due to some bugs.

• 2011-03-15 04:24
  • 9BBf

this use android 2.2. so.....i wonder this device can support flash or not?(my english not good)

• 2011-03-15 03:39
  • wHSK

I had it for 6 days now. I love it's features considering the price Php 14,500 here in the philippines. The battery life is not poor, you got to have a charge and discharge cycle a couple of times for it to function as what it says in the specs. If it drains fast, probably some apps you used are still running in the background. you have to totally stop the process at the "manage applications" function of the phone. Also 3G connection drains the battery too, if your not using it, might as well turn it off and use 2G instead. i'll give my galaxy ace 9 out of 10 :)

• 2011-03-15 03:38
  • Kg%Y

I had it for 6 days now. I love it's features considering the price Php 14,500 here in the philippines. The battery life is not poor, you got to have a charge and discharge cycle a couple of times for it to function as what it says in the specs. If it drains fast, probably some apps you used are still running in the background. you have to totally stop the process at the "manage applications" function of the phone. Also 3G connection drains the battery too, if your not using it, might as well turn it off and use 2G instead. i'll give my balaxy ace 9 out of 10 :)

• 2011-03-15 03:37
  • Kg%Y

> In reply to Ravi @ 2011-03-14 03:24 from 9BBf - click to readdo you know if there's battery for Ace with bigger capacity to buy in market?

• 2011-03-14 21:18
  • PASC
Total of 14718 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.