Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

5.7
5.6
5.4

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-03-15 08:53 from sxt@ - click to readWhat do you mean? Do you know how to solve the issues with WiFi & Bluetooth in SGA? Not only me, many of the GSA owners facing the issue & expecting the solution from this forum. Before criticizing others you should have given the solution, if you know how to use.

• 2011-03-16 04:10
  • 9BBf

I REALLY love samsung galaxy ace.. i been using the phone for more than a week now.. i enjoy the features and how easy you can download apps for free..i really recommend this phones to evryone.. but i have a question how to deactivate the GPRS on this phone pls..thank you..thanks...

• 2011-03-16 00:33
  • K7eu

when you charge your phone to full, using it or not, the battery "discharges or drains" by itself. it doesn't mean that it will be discharged by other means. that's the meaning of charge and discharge.

• 2011-03-16 00:24
  • Kg%d

I bought Samsung Ace today,with WiFi samsung applications is not opening and google search also showing "Page not found" error while youtube is working fine.Plz suggest how to solve these problems.

• 2011-03-15 23:30
  • vGQ0

oh my God, my Ace can do nothing now. there's notification saying :

sorry!
the application samsung home (process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again

i tapped "please try again" but nothing happened but still back to same notification. i tried several times then my phone didn't stop vibrating. anyone experienced like this?

i tried to switch off my phone & relese the battery and replace it again but nothing has changed, still back to same notofication. now i keep it switched off & i gotta bring it to samsung service center..

• 2011-03-15 22:34
  • PASC

> In reply to Zac @ 2011-03-15 10:50 from ibc9 - click to readtoo bad for the battery life but @ll other features are great...

• 2011-03-15 22:23
  • PASC

> In reply to Ravi @ 2011-03-15 04:25 from 9BBf - click to readthanks ravi...

• 2011-03-15 22:22
  • PASC

> In reply to bnm @ 2011-03-15 09:47 from ut$1 - click to readin q2 so lets hope as early as possible

if it would be a mid-range phone than that weird looking fb button would be worth buying

• 2011-03-15 19:40
  • utrC

The screen resolution of 320x480 is too small, for the price they're asking, you'd think Samsung could afford too keep up with the other companies. Heck, even my old Nokia 5230's screen is way better than what they're offering and it's way cheaper too. Now if we could only have an mid-range Android phone with a capacitative 16M+ 800X480 panel, not this cheapo looking screen they're pushing in stores. I was really disappointed when I tried it out, I felt like I was handling one of those cheap generic chinese phones.

• 2011-03-15 19:23
  • vaNH

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-03-14 18:43 from KhwG - click to readThe same thing even I face in my case the phone also switches off sometimes after that then restarts

• 2011-03-15 19:15
  • 95aw

It is a great phone no doubt can play games well too but I m having 1 big,problem I m not being able to access android market or any other application installed on it I have installed some apps using wifi but they cannot access the net . But I m able to access the web pages via android default browser. Where is the prob I don't get this plz help.

• 2011-03-15 19:07
  • 95aw

Hi guys, I need assistance to help me choose between samsung galaxy ACE and samsung B7610 amoled windows mobile am confused between the two.I need to know which one performs better in terms of browsing and office(document editor and viewer). Thanks in advance for advice

• 2011-03-15 18:55
  • fuwx

can anybody tell me can i play avi files in ace using any application from market???????

• 2011-03-15 18:19
  • vbRT

hi
i was using E71 previously now i have purchased new ace so iam unable to transfer the contacts to ace... so pls help me how to transfer i have back up of contacts in my p.c... both the formats are different... so pls suggest

• 2011-03-15 17:30
  • 2ZY0

pls suggest some good android phone up to 15000.have selected the galaxy ace....

• 2011-03-15 17:20
  • 2ZY0

> In reply to Jazz @ 2011-03-15 11:13 from U%{f - click to readfinalize the phone u need to use ... both are on diff platform... one is qwerty n other is touch...
the galaxy is in new in market with andriod.. n E72 is still in the Symbian os.... so select u need full touch or qwerty...

• 2011-03-15 17:13
  • 2ZY0

> In reply to Jazz @ 2011-03-15 11:13 from U%{f - click to readAndroid is a must these days, runs smooth and perfect, something the e72 hasn't.
Ace will be a better option, but don't forget to look at the desire HD. Best android phone available
grt

• 2011-03-15 16:26
  • y3xr
  • SmartphonFreakKARTIK
  • Rating0

> In reply to Jazz @ 2011-03-15 11:13 from U%{f - click to readWhat r u talkin abt .....!!! NEVER EVER DISCHARGE LI-ION TYPE BATTERIES (which r most common now a days) ......it ws only true for Ni-Cd type batteries used a decade ago ......always try never to discharge ur battery because it reduces its life......

And if u r heavy user go 4 e72 ......it has better email support and qwerty and better battery life .....otherwise ace

• 2011-03-15 16:07
  • KFP9

> In reply to Jazz @ 2011-03-15 11:13 from U%{f - click to readgo for e72

• 2011-03-15 14:46
  • Hkwt

I have been using Samsung Ace for 2 weeks now. I am very satisfied with the phone. This is the first time i am using a smartphone, so i donno how it fairs against others in the market. This phone is a total value for money. I never knew that good smartphones were available in this price range.

It has good features, excellent touch, nice looks, good UI. My main issue was apprehensions abt using a touch keyboard, but the response is real good and the swype keyboard is simply superb. Till now didnt have any issue with the phone. My battery lasts 24 hrs for medium usage (10-15 mins calls, 30 mins browsing, 30 mins apps usage), which is not great. But getting some advice from this forum, i have now installed juice defender, which should extend it. Still i think i will have to charge every alternate day. I donno if any other smartphone out there is better in battery life. If you are a heavy user, its better u dont go for this phone, as you will have to charge twice a day.

all in all, the phone is totally worth its money.

• 2011-03-15 12:10
  • m27U
Total of 14757 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.