Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

5.7
5.6
5.4

> In reply to jayceglen @ 2011-03-14 07:34 from t7Eb - click to readwhat error message u are getting while downloading.if u have tried earlier also then u uninstall it properly then install again. try may help u out

• 2011-03-16 12:43
  • Khhy

Hello Everyone, I need help from you guys...

I am planning to buy a new mobile..I have been a user of Nokia E63 from the past one and half year, and I am from India...
Now I am stuck with four choices and I am confused which mobile to buy...

The four choices that I have as of now are:
1. Nokia C7
2. Motorola DEFY
3. Samsung Galaxy ACE
4. Samsung Wave II

I am also letting you know my usage on mobile:

1. Main thing is Signal reception
2. I take lot of pics as I hang out with my friends a lot...I use camera a lot (both for pics and videos)
3. I love to listen to music, and if my mobile plays good music...I would love it...
4. I watch videos, like video songs and movies on mobile... (You won’t believe but I also watched movies on my Nokia E63:-D)
5. I am not an extensive gamer but I do play games...
6. I Browse net on my mobile a lot...so I want a mobile to play videos embedded in a webpage, and websites like YouTube etc...My old Nokia E63 could not play videos from sites like GSMArena etc 
7. I used to check all my mails, and even reply to them through my Nokia E63...so I want the same from my new mobile also.
8. . I chat a lot :-)
9. I need applications like to save and hide my personal data….for example, I used to have HideMe in my Nokia E63 which used to help me protect my pics, videos and documents and also hide them…so it would be better if I had applications like this on my new mobiles also.

• 2011-03-16 12:31
  • 2SS0

> In reply to PRITZIE @ 2011-03-16 00:33 from K7eu - click to readSettings --> Wireless and networks --> Mobile Network --> uncheck "Use packet data"

• 2011-03-16 11:48
  • 9BBf

> In reply to Mkumar @ 2011-03-16 10:00 from SsyU - click to readSettings --> Wireless and networks --> Flight Mode

• 2011-03-16 11:45
  • 9BBf

> In reply to Yatinkumar @ 2011-03-16 10:04 from ijyn - click to readYou can watch videos using YouTube application which is pre-installed.

• 2011-03-16 11:39
  • 9BBf

I bought my Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 days ago. Actually I fell very satisfied. Is it possible to upgrade the OS from Froyo to Honeycomb oneday?

• 2011-03-16 11:09
  • sEx1

> In reply to Yatinkumar @ 2011-03-16 10:04 from ijyn - click to readYou tube works through the official app preloaded wit the phone.. i havent tried going to the site thru internet though...

• 2011-03-16 11:07
  • m27U

> In reply to Duddy @ 2011-03-16 04:47 from wr4@ - click to readthat looks pretty solid bro. for some reason my battery is not performing as good as urs. i have put another post saying detailed usage of battery. May be after some charge cycles, my battery will perform better.

• 2011-03-16 11:03
  • m27U

Since there is a lot of comments/questions on Samsung Galaxy Ace's battery capacity, i thought i will give details of my last battery life cycle.

Details - I am running battery saving app juice defender. My display brightness is set to 40-50%. 3G is on.

Duration of last battery life cycle (from fully charged to empty) - 26hrs
Idle time - 22hrs, which means i used the phone for around 3 hrs of which:
voice calls - 1 hr
other - 3 hrs (mostly browsing, messaging, and low use of some use of apps like maps, but no games)

I hope this will help you all to decide on how gud the battery life is.

Juice defender is definitely helping - it gives at least 1-2 hrs more battery time with at least double the voice call usage.

If other users can also post these details (which is available in settings>about phone>battery status), it would be really helpful for potential buyers

• 2011-03-16 10:53
  • m27U

> In reply to suji @ 2011-03-15 17:30 from 2ZY0 - click to readcopy your contact to microSD by using nokia PC suite.
plug that micro SD to your ace, open your contact and import it

• 2011-03-16 10:45
  • uCbe

ok .only galaxy ace

• 2011-03-16 10:14
  • HIa4

I read in the forum that it does not support Flash.. Tht means youtube also wont work.. Am i right???

• 2011-03-16 10:04
  • ijyn

how can i make the samsung ace offline. like symbian os has profile etc.

• 2011-03-16 10:00
  • SsyU

hi guys! i need assistance to help me choose or advice between Samsung Galaxy Ace & Sonny Ericsson Xperia8. which is better? Thank in advance for advice.

• 2011-03-16 08:20
  • tZk6

spending 15k on this phone is not worth at all my phone switch off automatically anytime and have to take battery out to restart..dont know what happens anybody facing the same issue??

• 2011-03-16 08:04
  • ut}q

> In reply to ED @ 2011-03-15 22:34 from PASC - click to readwell the same thing happen to me. i search for a reset code online and dialed it. the phone rest to the factory setting and was okay after that. this probably happen to you after you installed some app. i think it happen to me when i installed avg anti virus... when you close teh message that pops up, you will have like one sec before it comes again, in that one second you should take your phone dialer. once you take that the message that pops up wont come on your screen. it will be in the background. then dial *2767*3855# and hit call. this will restore your phone to factory settings

• 2011-03-16 07:59
  • utk6

• 2011-03-16 07:58
  • utk6

> In reply to JG @ 2011-03-15 12:10 from m27U - click to readI'm Using this Ace too brother.. as it's named, it's really an Ace. My Battery stands for more than 24 hours for 10 minutes call, total 3 hours wifi with browsing and installing from Black Market. Playing Games 2 hours and messagging as many as usual (more than 60 sms). I unplugged it from 22:25 to 22:00 it still had about 35% Battery. For Deadly use... I unplugged it at 4:00 am and connected to GPRS network, and switch it to wifi every i met hot spot.. browsing market and installing, messagging as many as usual, yahoo messenger, facebook, foursquare online and playing games for 1 hour. It only idle for total 5 hours.. at 16:00 the battery fall to 20%. What do you think guys? Good Enough for ME :D

• 2011-03-16 04:47
  • wr4@

> In reply to switched2android @ 2011-03-14 01:51 from K7eP - click to readThe solution for solving the wifi error is not working for me. After the reboot only wifi is working.

• 2011-03-16 04:14
  • 9BBf

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-03-15 08:53 from sxt@ - click to readWhat do you mean? Do you know how to solve the issues with WiFi & Bluetooth in SGA? Not only me, many of the GSA owners facing the issue & expecting the solution from this forum. Before criticizing others you should have given the solution, if you know how to use.

• 2011-03-16 04:10
  • 9BBf
Total of 14776 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.