Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

5.7
5.6
5.4

> In reply to Yatinkumar @ 2011-03-10 08:12 from ijyn - click to readSamsung Galaxy Ace is much better than HTC Wildfire. Just look at their specs and reviews. I just did.

• 2011-03-11 02:19
  • w0PK

this is a cool handset i bought it about a week ago. and there are no problem since the i got this phone. only the battery life, because i need to charge it twice a day. there are no problem with this phone specially if you know the limitations of it. there will be no "LAGGY" thing if you know how to not over use it. :) no offense guys, just sharing my experience. :)

• 2011-03-11 01:10
  • t7S0

I had this phone for about 3 weeks, then I sold it and bought Samsung Galaxy i9003 a few days ago. Here are the reasons why -

1. Battery Life - Very very very very poor.. i had to recharge twice a day!! (With Galaxy i9003 and same usage, I charge once in 2 days!)

2. RAM - In the beginning, when the Ace has no apps.. it is nice and smooth. Once you start loading apps, the phone becomes laggy... and my phone started to HANG often! (Galaxy i9003 has 512mb RAM... never lags)

3. Games - LAGGY!! Any game that requires a little more GPU than Angry Birds, will lag!! The Adreno 200 GPU is not enough to deal with good games. (Galaxy i9003 never lags in any game I have played so far)

4. WiFi - Random errors occur during the WiFi connection, and the phone must be restarted. My friends also have had the same experience with their Ace.

5. Video Recording - You can buy a 500 Rs. pen camera that takes better video!! Quality is very poor. (Galaxy i9003 has 720p HD Video recording)

6. 800Mhz.. but ARM processor!! - This is a very old processor that was used 2-3 years ago. That's why it takes long to open some apps. (Galaxy i9003 has a newer 1Ghz Cortex A8 processor)

7. LCD Display Quality - Not so great on Ace. Low resolution, and very pixelated when you look carefully (Galaxy i9003 has a higher resolution 4" screen which is even better than HTC Desire HD screen)

8. Network connection - People who use Ace find that sometimes they are not able to receive calls even though they have a full network signal. Strange.

9. Front facing camera - Not present in Ace :( Can't do video calls. (Galaxy i9003 has a front facing cam)

• 2011-03-11 00:50
  • vGtw

> In reply to Yatinkumar @ 2011-03-10 08:12 from ijyn - click to readGO for this not HTC

• 2011-03-10 23:43
  • P$wd

Seems we people can't get the right thing:
1. Galaxy Ace has a good camera with flash , but poor video and poor battery life. Run the popular Froyo.
2. Wave 2 has good camera with flash , 720p video and reasonable battery . But runs unknown BADA .
3.Galaxy I9003 has good camera , 720p video and good battery . Runs the popular Froyo. But no camera flash.

Why can't these guys make the ideal phone at the proper price ? Why do they miss simple things like a LED flash or good battery ?

• 2011-03-10 18:54
  • vGra

I've had this phone for a week and all I can say is that its battery barely lasts for a day. Considering that I'm just a moderate user (call+text+using its wifi for an hour or so)

• 2011-03-10 18:41
  • t7$$

> In reply to suhas @ 2011-03-10 15:55 from wdM6 - click to readnope, it does not have a front facing camera.

• 2011-03-10 18:38
  • t7$$

> In reply to Yatinkumar @ 2011-03-10 08:12 from ijyn - click to readGo for ace man...far better than wildfire..just a few thousand extra....

• 2011-03-10 16:50
  • utgd

Does it have a front facing camera for video call?
I could not find it in specification.

I guess its not there. If present it would have completed my wishlist

• 2011-03-10 15:55
  • wdM6

> In reply to Delorean @ 2011-03-10 07:40 from mT@0 - click to readWhen is the release date of Galaxy Ace 2?

• 2011-03-10 15:07
  • K1x{

shoud I buy this phone or not ?
cause I already paid for the deposit .
and the users of this phone , do you guys facing any problem when using this phone ?

is this phone always hang ?

• 2011-03-10 13:41
  • ibqT

Please tell me how to set vibrate. when ever using it or on touching of any icon it should vibrate i search that setting but i m not able to look it out, so user of Ace please tel me the friendly usage with this cell m new to this cell n even this is my 1st touch screen cell, touch is very excellent. I hope somebody will help me soon but please reply soon ...............

• 2011-03-10 13:13
  • Pxnd

> In reply to Yatinkumar @ 2011-03-10 08:12 from ijyn - click to readyou should go for this only
i compared them both its better then wild....

• 2011-03-10 12:35
  • u1CW

Nice

• 2011-03-10 10:15
  • jBFK

I need to buy a cell.. Budget around 15K.. .. Will prefer touch screen only.. Now the main two shortlists i had done this v/s HTC wildfire .. Plz help whch 1 i shud choose.

• 2011-03-10 08:12
  • ijyn

is it upgradable to 2.3

• 2011-03-10 07:44
  • 3bTR

I have the Galaxy Ace for a week, and I am absolutely happy with it. The SMS has been revamped and I can read/type the entire message on the large 3.5" screen (Previously, you can only type words in a teeny tiny window). The camera flash and the 5mp camera are what really got me to buy this phone -- perfect combi. The 800 mhz processor is the icing on the cake. The phone is soo pretty, so much prettier than HTC wildfire S or LG optimus1.

If Samsung comes up with the Ace 2, I would be first in line to get it. My wish list of specs for the next Ace 2 are: 1) 720p video recording (2) 512 RAM, with 520 ROM; and (3) front facing camera.

• 2011-03-10 07:40
  • mT@0

After using it for 1 week now, have noticed increase in battery life. But still needs to be charged twice a day. (bit of heavy usage)
Handset does restart sometimes when RAM goes full or almost full. Need for extra does arise at times. Making sure to shut down applications not needed helps.
Touchscreen is quite nice and sensitive. Camera is good, video recording turned out to be better than expected. Handset look attractive as well. Processor is fast, not super fast. Loads of amazing apps on market. Loudspeaker sound is Ok. Could have been louder. Default browser works extremely slow (atleast on my handset). Attempted software re-flash but couldnt do it as got an error "no upgrade available".

As for now I m happy with the galaxy ace... :-)

will write more later after using for few more weeks.

• 2011-03-10 07:19
  • HkwY

> In reply to mahesh @ 2011-03-09 08:45 from vGrH - click to readHey does it supports Flash player .. ??

• 2011-03-10 07:02
  • veFF

I recently bought Samsung Galaxy Ace. The battery lasts only for 8-9Hrs. Also the phone hangs very frequently. I am unable to record videos using this phone. Can anyone please suggest whats the problem ?

• 2011-03-10 06:10
  • MNE9
Total of 14645 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.