Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Popularity

Daily interest
9.4%
Total hits:
31635914

Voting results

Design
5.8
Features
5.7
Performance
5.5
Votes:
263

Sort by:

> In reply to SmartphonFreakKARTIK @ 2011-03-05 14:39 from bJ2Y - click to readI would buy Ace rather than C5.

(1) Typing - Very comfortable. The stock Android keyboard is big and easy to type on. On top of that SWYPE is amazing once you get used to it. If you don't like the keyboard, you can download hundreds of different keyboards from the Android market.

(2) Battery - All smartphones are plagued with battery issues, and Android is generally more battery consuming than other OS. With heavy use, I got around 1 to 1.5 days from a single charge. With WiFi turned off and minimal 3G use I can get around 2.5-3 days.

(3) Touch sensitivity - The best. Compared to Nokia you will find Samsung phones running Android 2.2 have awesome touch sensitivity.

No it is not one drop one kill, but since the phone lacks a Gorilla glass display, you should be careful not to crack the screen by dropping it.

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-05 21:03
  • vGt1
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-03-05 14:09 from t}AX - click to readThere are different SMS management apps which can be found on Android Market.. you can check the site and see if something matches the Symbian structure

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-05 20:43
  • vGt1
  • R

> In reply to gauru87 @ 2011-03-05 20:19 from vGR5 - click to readhi gauru... plz tell me about the build quality

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-05 20:21
  • 2SUb
  • R

can anybody here tell me about da build quality of this phone?? is it look stylish in real life??
thanx in advance.....
,,,, khan.

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-05 20:20
  • 2SUb
  • U

Hi Every 1
I have bought this Phone Samsung Galaxy Ace & let me tell u that this phone is AWESOME yes it really is. I got it for Rs.15000 Its features & specially the Touch is really really nice very user friendly & very responsive.
Android 2.2 is cool, battery backup is nice, camera quality really good & video recording is fine too.
In short all the latest & best features & technology is in this phone, so this phone is worth buying.
No more thinking of any other phone brands or anything like that just go for it.
I am sure u won't regret.
Best phone available in the market...:) So Cheers & enjoy all with Samsung Galaxy Ace it Rocks..!!..:):)

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-05 20:19
  • vGR5
  • H

can anybody here can tell me about da build quality of this phone?? is it look stylish in real life??
thanx in advance.....
,,,, khan.

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-05 20:19
  • 2SUb
  • U

@ lapka:
listen dude.... u better get one thing straight. android has highest market share followed by i os and windows mobile... symbian is faaaaaar behind.i guess the number speaks for itself.

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-05 20:15
  • 2SUb
  • U

please Suggest me what is the best video resolution for video play back? please suggest me with codec,resolution,fps etc.
Thanks in advance

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-05 18:21
  • vIfI
  • Q
  • SmartphonFreakKARTIK
  • Report
  • Rating0

> In reply to IbanezRG @ 2011-03-05 13:41 from vGta - click to readsame is my thinking ......im not very happy about nokia adopting wp7....... i had a nokia c5 which i ws very happy with but lost it and now using cheap samsung gt-c3200 ....... im in gr8 need of a gud smartphone ...... . im in a dilemma whether to buy samsung galaxy ace or again go for nokia c5 ....is ACE a gud option?..... tel me about its
(1.) on screen typing experience
(2.) battery backup and
(3.) touch sensitivity and
Is it one drop one kill . . ,??

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-05 14:39
  • bJ2Y
  • R

> In reply to IbanezRG @ 2011-03-05 13:43 from vGta - click to readThanx for ur reply...
The catagorised folder about which u r talking is theaded sms folder which means the conversation msgs. I want specifically symbian messaging structure in phone. Or any software with which i can creat folder as per my choice to catagorise my messaging. Only this is the reason which stops me to buying android phone.

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-05 14:09
  • t}AX
  • R

> In reply to IbanezRG @ 2011-03-05 13:43 from vGta - click to readThanx for ur reply...
The catagorised folder about which u r talking is theaded sms folder which means the conversation msgs. I want specifically symbian messaging structure in phone. Or any software with which i can creat folder as per my choice to catagorise my messaging. Only this is the reason which stops me to buying android phone.

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-05 14:08
  • t}AX
  • R

> In reply to IbanezRG @ 2011-03-05 13:43 from vGta - click to readThanx for ur reply...
The catagorised folder about which u r talking is theaded sms folder which means the conversation msgs. I want specifically symbian messaging structure in phone. Or any software with which i can creat folder as per my choice to catagorise my messaging. Only this is the reason which stops me to buying android phone.

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-05 14:03
  • t}AX
  • R

> In reply to Vishal @ 2011-03-05 11:52 from t}AX - click to readYes, you can categorize messages by labeled folders in Android. It is not the exact same format as Symbian, it is even more convenient in Android ;)

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-05 13:43
  • vGta
  • R

> In reply to SmartphonFreakKARTIK @ 2011-03-05 09:17 from KFQJ - click to readDude, if Nokia made Android phones, I would be the first one to get it. Unfortunately I am stuck between chosing between HTC, SE, LG, Motorla and Samsung. And in my opinion I think Samsung is the best of those in terms of build quality. HTC's "feel" strong in the hand, but not that impressive in the hardware department. Same for Motorola and SE. In a smartphone, software is what is the most important, and TouchWiz3.0 UI is the most comfortable and user friendly for me.

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-05 13:41
  • vGta
  • R

> In reply to Vishal @ 2011-03-05 11:52 from t}AX - click to readI think messaging is the weakest department for android phones. The same problem stops me from getting one. I also have more than 4000 messages stored in different folders in my Nokia E72, and andoid does not offer any such support. So if ur messaging is an important part of ur mobile needs, keep yourself to nokia.

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-05 12:40
  • 258x
  • R

> In reply to IbanezRG @ 2011-03-05 08:22 from vGte - click to readI think u will definitely clear my doubt because you have used symbian nokia for 2 years.
I m using nokia symbian phone since 2 years. I really love my handset. Now on my b'day i m going to buy a new handset. I really want to try new android os. I have some querries about this handset. In nokia handset there is nice option in messaging application called 'my folder' where we can save our messages by making folders as per our choice like all love messages i have saved in 'love' folder, all jokes messages i have saved in 'jokes' folder which i have created as per my choice. Does this handset also support similer type of function? Because i have nearly 3500+ sms in mobile which are very valuable for me...!

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-05 11:52
  • t}AX
  • R

Dear Users,
How can I update the firmware of my Samsung Galaxy ACE using Wifi. Can't seem to find the update option in the phone. Please help.

Jawad

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-05 11:52
  • uRAy
  • Q

again, wht type of problem may occur for this low size 158MB internal memory?
Pls ans

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-05 09:44
  • P$bT
  • U
  • SmartphonFreakKARTIK
  • Report
  • Rating0

> In reply to IbanezRG @ 2011-03-05 08:22 from vGte - click to readobviously android is better........ but i disagree to ur fact that ace and other mid-range galaxies are "good built quality"........ bet u would have to trade ur ace within next 6-8 months ......,"SAMSUNG" and "GOOD BUILT QUALITY" lol ....DROP IT BEFORE U BELIEVE IT.... :D...

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-05 09:17
  • KFQJ
  • R

> In reply to [deleted post]I'm not sure why you thought I said Apple OS is superior to Windows. I hate Apple OS and always have.

Neither did I say Android is perfect. It is far from perfect... But I know for a fact it is alot less buggy than Symbian. I owned a Symbian phone for 2 years. At first it was exciting (still not as exciting as Android).. but further down the line there were so many software bugs I had to give up on it.

I haven't been looking at Nokia phones recently to know exact specs of phones today, but a few of my friends own the C7, and I can say it is a far inferior phone to the Galaxy Ace. Ofcourse the screen on the Ace is pathetic, but overall build quality of the Ace is quite nice. Samsung's phone cameras in general are of higher quality than Nokia. A 5MP picture taken on the Ace vs an 8MP picture taken on the C7, you will clearly notice a better image from the Ace.

Anyway, my argument is not hardware, it is software. Having used both Symbian and Android, I truly enjoy the Android experience for both aesthetic quality and productivity. By the way, check out the Samsung Galaxy S2, amazing specs on that one.

  • Reply
  • 2011-03-05 08:22
  • vGte
  • R
Sort by:
Total of 14504 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830.