I bought Ace on Sunday 27Feb from Blr at 14900 and have been playing with it for the last 3 days. This is my first smartphone/touchscreen phone. So can't compare with other models. I was using a Nokia low-end phone till now. Th box had phone, battery, CD for Kiyes s/w, headphone (ear bud), leather pouch, USB cable, charger.
I went by the looks and the fact that it is Android. I am pretty happy with my decision till now. Features that I knew I was compromising are:
1. Arm11 instead of latest cortex - I am yet to see any performance issue till now.
2. Low RAM - As a user, I haven't faced issues till now. Without any activity, the status says165MB/278MB in use. With the "clear memory:, I can bring it down to 125MB. I tried few games like Raging Thunder lite - ran without any perf issues.
3. Screen resolution is only HVGA instead of current trend of WVGA. As a layman, cant make any quality issues.
4. Screen is normal TFT, non-oleophobic, no gorilla glass - misses these features a lot. The screen catches fingerprint very easily and very much visible when backlight is off. Being a rash user, I feel I would soon miss gorilla glass.
5. Video recording is only at VGA@15fps - I dont use phone for video rec. So not an issue.
+ looks, looks, looks good and gives a good feeling in hand :)
+ Very easy to setup and getting used to the menu and lot more features compared to my Nokia low-end phone.
+ Signal quality really good - was able to talk in the moving lift which I wasn't with my Nokia.
+ Usable like a PC - with a range of apps available in the market.
+ No need to carry charger - can charge through USB from PC -like ipod etc.
+ flash available for camera.
- The Kies software not able to load my phone contacts - fails after 51%. So to copy my contacts from Nokia to Samsung - used gmail.
- Once the phone lost the network and didn't come up at all till I restarted. Need to see whether it will happen again.
- Calls does not happen or other not able to call me once in a while - could be my BSNL SIM issue as well as I had faced same issues with Nokia too.
- With Wifi, GPS etc and some activities, battery goes down in half-day. With them off and used more like a phone (few calls only), the battery level was still close to 80% after a day.
- Screen catches fingerprints fast
- Wasn't too impressed with volume level of media even with Senheisser headphone.
- Though 5MP camera, image stabilization isn't there. Comparing with digcams from Sony.
can you play motion sensor games or 3d game in ACE....
I'm planning to buy this phone.How is the battery backup,photo quality,browsing speed and audio quality.But also i've C6-01 in my mind.which one should i go.
does i support video calling..?
does it support flash player?
is there headfone in box...?
where this mobile is available @14300rs in mumbai.?
What materials is this phone made of? are the sides made of aluminium/metal or just painted plastic?
Can anyone tell what materials is it made of? are the sides made of aluminium or metal or it's just a painted plastic? thanks
Suresh, 28 Feb 2011Now would be a very bad time to purchase the Galaxy Ace. The new Galaxy SL (19,000rs) is only... morelol !!! "with heavy use it can go up to 3 days or else one week" !!! r u serious !!! do u realy own galaxy SL-9003 or have u ever had an android phone b4 !!!
no hard feelings mate but after full charge androids can survive only 1.5 to 2 days max with pretty normal use and 'hardly' one day with heavy use...
i have been using androids for some while now.ever since moto milestone,dell streak,se xperia X10(my brothers)...to my last android THE android king "SGS-1"...
and trust me they all suck big time when it comes to the battery backup...
just wanna clear ur bubble mate...by no mean m trying to be sarcastic or trying to make fun of u,just sharing the truth and i am saying this by experince and not by a roumoured birdy...hope u'll understand..."V" peace,cheers :-)
Gaurav, 28 Feb 2011Hi, Bought this phone yesterday from Chroma for Rs.15400 with some free goodies as Offer. With... moreDownload battery life indicator from android applications. after download, u can it in percentage. just download..........
rika, 28 Feb 2011I have bought it for few days, but until now I still don't know how to check the battery life.... moreDownload battery life indicator from android market applications. its shows the battery life in percentage. u can now handle easily.
Samsung galaxy ace s5830 is a very decent phone for its price. I am using this phone, its simply great. Camera clarity is excellent. gaming is great. VEry good speen while operating the phone. very nice for browsing. overal its a great phone for Rs.15,000. You can bargain for Rs.14,800 or less.
prasad, 16 Feb 2011do u know anyone galaxy ace will have front black color and backside white colorsansung ace comes with two back cover. one in black and another in white. two covers provided by the seller at the point of sale.
pls someone tell me,
edge is here?is that lower than
class 32 or 12 or 10?0r what is its downloading speed? Pls answer.
I bought this phone just 2days ago.
It's an excellent phone going by the price by which it comes.
It seem that lack in ram is well made up by 800Mhz processor.
Battery goes down easily with frequent uses.Well thatz an issue with most Capacitive touch screens.
But I'm unsatisfied with video experience.
QQplayer plays files formats supported by this phone almost flawlessly.
But I am very eager to know how to make my galaxy Ace run .avi files.
Please can anyone suggest on this.
QQplayer,Rockplayer cannot run .avi on this phone!
Hey!! Everyone, I am confused between Samsung Galaxy Ace and HTC Wildfire, Please Help me out.....
TusharG, 28 Feb 2011I hope my review of Samsung galaxy ace will be helpful for many people. I bough this phone fro... moreThanks Tushar !
It was indeed a good information and because of which I have made my mind to buy it.
A question, I am in Germany for sometime and will by this phone here only, would I be able to get all that benefits from Andriod Market ?
TusharG, 28 Feb 2011I hope my review of Samsung galaxy ace will be helpful for many people. I bough this phone fro... moreTushar G ur review is awesome nd m gonna buy dis phone 2day...thnks man...u really helped me in making the correct decision..THANKS ND CHEERS