Samsung Galaxy Appeal I827 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.4
6.3
6.3

The phone is good for smartphone starters good wifi and 3g also the phone is very durable on front face drops it survived my 16 drops the specs arnt great but got asphalt 8 running 25fps on lowest settings with root tweaks and overclock

• 2014-11-19 15:36
  • J1B6

This phone sucks.
1. Slow.
2. Horrible Battery Life.
3. Wifi sucks.
4. It doesn't let you connect to the Portable Wifi Hotspot.
5. Camera has bad quality.

• 2014-11-17 00:57
  • GAYH
  • F

I have been using my unit for over a year now, but last week, suddenly its operation stopped; brought unit to the nearest shop where they handed the verdict that the unit has to be re-programmed. Since my unit came from San Diego, CA, and nothing of its model came to the Philippines, no program for it is locally available. How do I solve this problem please? Could somebody come up with a good and viable suggestion, please? Thanks so much and God bless!

• 2014-05-24 09:03
  • K7g0

my cord has spoilt for about a year now due to that the screen is off,where can i get some to buy so that it will be fixed for me because most of my document are on it too. or if possible they should send some to Ghana because most people are complaining about it.

• 2014-03-18 16:55
  • Sc30

I bought this phone over a year ago from Target as an AT&T PAYGO. I originally had a Nokia unlocked from the UK (been thru tons of sims from different countries & carriers). Only reason for switching is the charger port broke and I got tired of switching out batteries. Figured why not try a smartphone.
From my experience, PAYGO plans don't play well with smartphones. That said, I'll say that this being my first-time with any type of smartphone, the Appeal I827 is amazing. Took my old full-size SIM, upgraded to 32-gb, turned-off the various apps I don't use and don't want accessing the Net (drain on money). I've had a couple days of 7-hr battery drain, otherwise, I can go a few days w/o a charge. My usual is 2-charges per week. Then again, I have a lot of apps & Net access turned off.
Even though I work as a geek, my fumble fingers don't do well with the touch-screen keyboard. I've found the slide-out to be much better and not as sensitive, thus, I can "slide" my fingers across w/o having the wrong letters entered.
At first, I had an issue using Kies but it was my PC. Having a new one, Kies is great for doing the things I do and need, i.e., contact updates, photo downloading/uploading, any other updates.
My wife finally replaced her old Motorola Razr V3 (yes, UK-bought and 7-yrs old) since the bands between the US & UK are phasing out, well, at least, not working as well. She bought a Lumia 521 as a PAYGO. She's learning, but in comparison, I'll stick with the i827. The Lumia, being a newer Windows phone, is more icon-driven. I like the i827 (and OS) since it has both icon & text.
Overall, I'll stick with this phone for a long time. May be only 3G but it does everything I need, and, has been a great introduction to the smartphone world.

• 2013-10-25 18:16
  • bYDH

> In reply to bukicks @ 2013-09-03 17:45 from kABu - click to readYes, you can buy unlock code at ebay with very easy instructions to follow. Yes you an use your wifi even if it's not unlocked

• 2013-09-17 23:34
  • E0dW

Any body knows if i able to unlocked this phone and use my t-mobile sim, can i have an access in wifi? Anybody knows? Thanks.,,

• 2013-09-03 17:45
  • kABu

At first this phone really...sucked. It had a lot of pre-installed apps that I couldn't remove do to no root access. On certain days a fully charged battery would die after about 7 hours, probably because of one or more of the pre-installed apps. I finally found a method to root the phone on androidarea51.

Using superuser & App Quarantine I was able to Quarantine a bunch of apps. Now the battery last a good long while. (more than 24hrs with mild use)
Here's the list of crap I quarantined.
•AccuWeather
•Maps (use NavFree)
•Movies
•News & Weather
•Quickoffic, inc
•Samsung Push Service* (not rooted)
•ShopMusic
•SNSAccountFb (Facebook)
•SNSAccountLi
•SNSAccountTw (Twitter)
•Social Hub
•Social Hub (twice for some reason)
•Street View* (not rooted)
•Swype
•TalkBack
•Vlingo
•Wacky clocks
•Yahoo! Finance
•Yahoo! News
After removing all that it seems to preform better as well.

This was a $89 refurbished smartphone which isn't bad at that price but if I hadn't rooted it the battery drain issue would have rendered this phone nearly useless.

• 2013-07-11 23:20
  • ICq6

For the price, this phone exceeds most, if not all, of the competition--a smart phone with a slide-out QWERTY for $100 is hard to come by. For those of you who always complain about the "little things" the phone lacks (i.e. a flashlight?!@#$*), just dish out a few hundred bucks and have every feature you want. Otherwise, buy a flashlight and shut-up.

• 2013-05-11 20:25
  • 0dIg

How is this a phone that can use Adobe Flash (SO VERY RARE), has Graphic Card, Great CPU, but no LED Flash in which one can leave without.

• 2013-04-14 16:25
  • NCaP
  • F

I don't know who makes a Phone which can use Adobe Flash (So Rare), has a Graphic Card, Great CPU and not think to add LED Flash. Other that this a Better ZTE N762.

• 2013-04-14 16:22
  • NCaP
  • F

Its cool but it does not have a flash light,
and a radio and the OS is also not upgradable,
does not support Bluetooth headset.

• 2013-04-11 19:52
  • fmge

> In reply to pinkuuuuuuuuuuu @ 2012-07-19 04:34 from bC6d - click to readi Don't think so my friend. but if you need to know look for samsung's main site not here.

• 2013-04-04 03:32
  • LsLG

only have 1gb of storage

• 2013-03-26 16:52
  • 8xfe

Best basic Android QWERTY phone. One little software quirk. Volume for notification tones lowers itself on ocassion.

• 2013-03-10 05:42
  • kCx4

love this phone omg ram, rom , storage, adobe, etc it's better than other phones but cheaper.

• 2013-03-09 22:06
  • mZm7

> In reply to bigmom @ 2012-12-24 16:58 from NXyg - click to readyes....

• 2013-02-10 01:53
  • K5hq

good one

• 2013-01-02 08:57
  • 9EXT

is it available in Tanzania

• 2012-12-24 16:58
  • NXyg

is it available in tanzania

• 2012-12-24 16:52
  • NXyg
Total of 79 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Appeal I827.