Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.1

Its a great phone... except the stock email app is trippy... and its a 4G with buttons.. but overall its a great phone

• 2013-03-14 07:55
  • Dissapointed attain
  • Rating0

I returned mine to Metro pcs 3 times for the same reasons as above, it freezes, it re-boots on its own, its re-booting as I write this, the screen just went black. I been a Metro customer since 1992, I brought more people to them than I can count. I never had a experience like this with their dumb phones. I will be forwarding this to Samsung and Metro. Im thinking about leaving both. The last time I did that Nokia suffered a major set back in sales and still haven't recovered. Zipperton.

• 2013-03-01 06:07
  • kQTh

This phone is awful. it never stays logged into wifi, the 4g barely works. and i don't know if anyone else has come across this issue, but none of my apps work. i run a business online so it is crucial that i have access to my emails at all times, but the gmail app won't work and i can't get online without wifi (which doesn't work). I've always been a metro fan. especially after getting screwed by verizon. However, i would buy a better phone and flash it to the metro network.

• 2013-02-25 15:56
  • kgBN

In order to keep from dropping calls when accidentally pressing the volume button, you must go into call settings and uncheck the "any button ends call" option.

• 2013-01-17 17:53
  • s7Bs

The phone's battery life sucks. The 4g goes in and out. Thats about it. What to do about the connection though?

• 2013-01-11 01:11
  • 89dJ

This is a really terrrible phone. The usability is just unbelievably bad. For example,if you are on a call and you accidentally touch the volume key on the upper right side the call is lost. If you touch the camera key on the lower right side the call is lost. So you have to hold the phone like it was a piece of bad tasting candy to keep the call. There are many, many other usability issues besides the very bad battery power. This seems to be a clear case of Samsung releasing a phone just to get a new rev out to a hesterical market willing to buy anything. If MetroPC had any sense they would replace this phone for free cause they are loosing customers to the big boys really fast.

• 2013-01-04 21:26
  • 7ExB

I've had this phone for a month and other than two times of wacking out, it's worked wonderfully. It's fast, it doesn't freeze, and it takes clear pics despite the low camera specs. It's a dream come true after owning the zte score m. For the price and what I have to pay per month, it's definitely worth it.

• 2012-12-30 04:31
  • 47GP

> In reply to eric @ 2012-07-10 21:06 from qFtQ - click to readmaybe its the 4G thats making the battery go dead so fast maybe if u cut the 4G off the battery will last longer because thats what i have to doo when i get ready to leave the house

• 2012-12-27 16:55
  • 4NtN

i have this phone now 4 about a month i got it on november 26,so yesterday december 26 that made a month nd yes sum times my phone do freeze and it lags at times..and it does get really hot when u charge it but i hope this phone last me 4 a while and im with metro so far i havent had any major problems with it and im praying to god that i dont intill i start workinq to get a new one.but i have had the exsprience where the phone taps the number by it self i literly thought i ghost was in my phone controllinqq it im like wtf!but yea hopefully i wont have no major problems

• 2012-12-27 16:51
  • 4NtN

I had this phone for 3 weeks. Bought it brand new. The battery life on it is horrible, and it restarts itself for no reason. The first night I had this phone I went to bed with it fully charged, and woke up to it dead (I slept 6 maybe 7 hours) did not touch it ONCE. I had to charge it like 3-4 times a day.I just got an LG motion, and I absolutely love it.

• 2012-12-15 02:32
  • 49E6

Can anyone tell me how to turn this damn vibrate off on the attain Jr is their no way.

• 2012-12-11 15:53
  • 4TcC

The worst phone from samsung my first smart ' ' phone reboot its self while on call and freeze and it will go back to home screen all the time ..

• 2012-12-08 05:43
  • kQmx

omg!! why are you ppl bitching soo much about this fone!!??? the galaxy attain is a great phone i love mine! never had any problems with it the battery is great it lasts me the whole day all in all i love this phone!!

• 2012-12-07 07:32
  • 0cWC

Ive had this samsung for about a month. Its been good so far. I tried that Metro Cool Pad. Do not buy that phone. I sucks to the highest degree. It wouldnt power on. When I went to Metro about the problem, I had to wait a week for another one. Keep in mind that I had it for less than a week. When I returned to pick up my new one, there were two other people in line with the same,and other problems. At that point I decided to buy the Attain. For me, so far,so good. My power port is made of metal. Maybe they have improved it. Later days dude!

• 2012-12-03 23:36
  • IEUj

I originally bought this phone on feb 9th. In may I had to buy a new charger because the phone wouldnt hold a charge. By june I had to get another phone (still a galaxy attain) because the port was broke. Not because I dropped it or anything but because it is a defect within the phone. Now here it is october and im having the same problem. I do not want another attain because im DONE with the issues....

• 2012-10-22 00:34
  • IEUj

Okay so I bought this phone earlier this year and was semi disappointed. The camera does not zoom and the 4G in certain places is horrible. I just lost my phone and it is dead. I was at a wedding. I also have insurance on my phone but I am not sure how much it costs to get it replaced. Does anyone know?

• 2012-10-20 22:22
  • Yaue

> In reply to Jen @ 2012-08-30 14:20 from YgXy - click to readI've had the same exact problem...i'm sick of this phone. Once I get the chance, i'm going to Verizon out getting a different, better phone.

• 2012-10-12 00:48
  • IEUj

> In reply to will @ 2012-08-28 11:21 from IEUj - click to readHow did u fix the mic problem?

• 2012-10-11 12:14
  • IEUj

I bought this phone in March 2012. The second month I had it the charging port broke, I had the metro pcs insurance and of course that wasn't covered. I take really good care of this phone. Three months later it started freezing and it would keep re-booting and it would just say "Samsung" Turn off then say "Samnsung" again over and over, It would not start compleatly. I then went to metro and again... was not covered! So, i went ahead and sent it to Samsung because I still have a year warrenty. They fixed the charging port and everything. 2 months later (now)it's shutting off and turning back on and saying "Samnsung" over and over. This phone has got to be the biggest waste ever. Spend over 350$ for it and all it does is give me problems.

• 2012-10-09 01:33
  • Yfa0
Total of 72 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G.