Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.2

The Galaxy Attain has a potential for being a good phone but I had a couple of annoying issues with it. One, every now and then, when I try to text or call my contacts, it would say Network Not Available and would not allow me to talk or text. It sometimes helped when I would restart but not all the time. Two, the battery life sucks on it. The Galaxy Attain only gave me FOUR hours at most on it. By the time I'm through with work, the phone is out of battery life. I had it replaced to see if the one I bought was a dud but the second Attain did the same thing as the first where it would die after four hours. Thirdly, the battery overheats. If I have my phone in my pocket or just in my.purse, it overheats which causes my phone to die. I tried to take the Attain to my local Metro PCS main store to see if they can help or if they an extended bat, but the clerks weren't helpful. They just said that its normal for the Attain to heat up like that. I can understand if I was using my phone and it heats up but for me to just keep it in my pocket or purse, it shouldn't heat up but it does.

The only way I resolved this issue was to switch Providers And ended il getting a different Samsung. And in all honesty, I am pretty happy with the one I have now. It doesn't overheat and it lasts almost all day.

• 2012-08-30 14:20
  • YgXy

I love my attain until the mic went out so now everythime someone calls me I can hear them but they cant hear me. Has anyone else had this problem? As far as the battery goes I just ened up spending $30 on an extra battery with a charger deck. And it works great usually last around 10 hours. I dont even charge my phone when the batyery is almost dead I just take it out and pop the charged one in.

• 2012-08-28 11:21
  • IEUj

> In reply to Unknown @ 2012-08-11 14:31 from sh{B - click to readi had the same problem i went to see if i can get it replaced and they told me it had signs of water damage and they wouldnt replace it. get another battery and the charger they offer. its worth it.

• 2012-08-25 04:48
  • iU0q

It's a nice phone,but I had it for some months. I didn't have any problems until my charging port broke. Now, I have wait on a charge or get another phone.

• 2012-08-11 14:31
  • sh{B

I love this phone !

• 2012-07-24 01:04
  • 0iZ3

omg seriously thisphone ispretty good but my charger broke the little hole on bottom the phone its self is great but i go to school with a humdredpercent charge i come out of school without even touchingit check my phone and it has like 35 percent i mean wat kind of phone loses battery without even being used!!!!

• 2012-07-10 21:06
  • qFtQ

The samsung galaxy attain sucks. Worst phone ever, but no one will fix this problem because metro purposely puts crap phones in its line up , samsung saves the best phones for the over the top plans with ATT and verizon. If you are a kid that gets everything from ur parents (or a lazy adult that mooches off

them) then yeah u can get an iphone and pay $150 a month (real smart) but the rest of us who pay bills, we need a reliable phone from a company like metro and they purposely have crappy phones that are years behind technology. I bet the big companies make it this way out of fear that common sense would tell u to go to metro

• 2012-06-30 07:54
  • IEUj

> In reply to Consumer4Truth1 @ 2012-04-07 13:27 from qQRc - click to readYeah the samsung galaxy attain, but I bet your paying over $100 a month for 2gb of data on that iphone. I had an iphone on ATT and my first bill was $178 and I didnt even go over my usuage, only good thing about metro is they have unlimited data , no caps no slow speeds, but the phones suck. Also ur iphone is only capable of 3g.

• 2012-06-30 07:46
  • IEUj

This phone sucks. Honestly it's only good for taking pictures. The charger port WILLbreak and you'll end up buying a new phone or BATTERY charger

• 2012-06-26 16:20
  • j8mu

mine was great except today! i can make a phone call but i cant hear the ringing sound & the person im calling! not just that i cant play my music either! but the speaker cant be the problem because they tried calling me back and it rang.. :'( i hate this phone now! i thought it was the best

• 2012-05-30 20:18
  • qJ{N

> In reply to Consumer4Truth1 @ 2012-04-07 13:27 from qQRc - click to readim sorry to heard that ..i bought it a few days a go and im ver happy with it .i knew it wont be the same as AT&T with respect to the battery , coverage and the way that the apps looks like but even when is true that the battery doesn't last that long i found the same problems with my old iphone ..as much as you use the apps , internet , gps etc as much as you going to spend battery time there are a lot of places at least around where i live and work that AT&T it doesnt work either then for is worth it since im paying $ 100 less and i can definitly made unlimited calls and text msm and this doesnt take to much battery.

• 2012-05-27 01:30
  • j837

worst phone ever... i wanted the newest best phone out there, so i went to metro pcs and saw the galaxy attain 4g and immidiatley thought this has go to be the best phone. talked to the guy there and he made it seem like a big deal and a perfect phone... it wasnt at all what he said.. first day, i got in my car and sat there for a minute trying to surf the web, it would not connect, so i took it back and then he said ohhh you may need wifi to surf the web. (wow! that sucks) so i got home and got it to work finnaly. first thing i did was charge it. next day came and i took it off the charger and i went out to school. by the time school was out i noticed i only had about 20 percent battery left. so i went home charged it and i was talking on it for maybe 1 hour and noticed it went dead so i said ok whatever. i then went to download an app and it said no connection retry later. (i was connected to wifi!) so i then texted my friend that the phone sucks and it said text could not be sent will send when returns to service. so i waited and finally took it back they said they cant fix it (btw it was at metro so i recomend you not get metro at all) so i went home and it wouldnt run any apps at all now. so i got mad and took it back they had to warranty it out this time. so i thought it was just that 1 phone. (i was wrong) it wouldnt run apps or anything took it back and because of a small little tiny dent they would not warranty it out. wow! SO I AM CURRENTLY waiting for a charge back. long story short i had to take it back 4 times and now im done with samsung and metropcs

• 2012-05-19 16:35
  • s91D

I got it and I havent had 4g service for a month now and metro doesnt want to fix it.worst phone ever.

• 2012-05-15 18:54
  • jnKS

> In reply to Michel @ 2012-04-18 04:07 from 40K3 - click to readMy Samsung Galaxy Attain is great! It can last up to 12 hours! The only problem is a few days ago, it couldn't make any phone calls.

• 2012-04-30 03:22
  • 4$sk

it has 4g network that's why it's battery is n0t go0d, overall i like it

• 2012-04-29 06:37
  • tt8t

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-17 14:11 from IEUj - click to readThe same for me. Bought it 8 days ago, Returned it yesterday because the battery wouldn't holdits charge more than 2 hours (on standby most of the time). Got a new battery: Was fully charged and it lasted 3 hrs. Do I still need to rate this phone. I will go back tomorrow to be refunded.

• 2012-04-18 04:07
  • 40K3

> In reply to Consumer4Truth1 @ 2012-04-07 13:27 from qQRc - click to readOmg. This was like I wrote it. Worst phone. Shuts down. I get 3 hours only on stand by

• 2012-04-17 14:11
  • IEUj

The purpose of writing this review is to get the REAL TRUTH out there!! When shopping for new phone service, I went to MetroPCS because I thought I'd get a deal and save money (I was wrong). I asked about the battery life for the Samsung Galaxy Attain phone, and was told that it would last all day with minimal text and phone use. After purchasing this phone with the unlimited MetroPCS service, I immediately ran into technical issues while setting up my phone and e-mail accounts. When I call customer support I had to jump through hoops just to get a real person, and when I did they barely spoke English and offered no help. My first day of regular usage consisted of taking the phone off the charger at 10:00am, not using the phone at all with it on standby until my lunch break at 4:30pm, and by this time the battery was dead. I thought surely this was a phone defect and not a regular occurance. I checked forums that all said positive stuff about the phone and dismissed any problems. I tried apps to increase the battery life, and anything else I could think of. However, The phone wouldn't even hold a charge in standby for 6hrs. When I took the phone back to the dealer, he was reluctant to return the phone because it had over 2 hours of talk time already, which was impossible for the amount I used it. I explained the problem and he told me my only choice was to take it to a corporate store to get a replacement. When I went to the corporate store I started to explain my problem to the rep. and before I could finish she knew exactly what phone model I was referring to as if this were a regular issue. She told me that even if she replaced the phone I'd still have the problem because the 4G LTE network (that you can't turn off) drains the battery so quick. The only option she offered me was to buy 2 additional batteries to keep as backup, explaining that the other rep. does the same for her phone. I felt like I was lied to by the dealer to get a sale, however, upon reflection I think he may have just told me what he thought was right. After a huge fuss and an unrelenting ambition I returned the phone and got my money back. I then went straight to the AT&T store and purchased a new 4Gs 16gb iPhone for $100 less than the Samsung Galaxy Attain phone & service. My battery lasts all day and then some, and I've had no problems with service. Why ANYONE would EVER purchase the Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G phone is far beyond comprehension. Even the most basic of functions on this phone are only accessible with a charger nearby. Bottom-Line - The phone is no good if you can't use it for what you need. WORST PHONE EVER!!

• 2012-04-07 13:27
  • qQRc

Awesome phone!!!!....so far lol

• 2012-03-02 05:38
  • IEUj

the samsung attain awesome its the best phone on metro hands down. the lg esteem great phone battery life want hold a charge longer than 4hrs.....while the attain stays charge all day long end of story...

• 2012-02-29 03:04
  • IEUj
Total of 68 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G.