Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.1

So, I'm not sure if anyone ever goes on this thread anymore. I'm here to bitch about the Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G, like the rest of you. I'm really frustrated. The battery life does really suck, I can barely even unlock my phone from the lock screen, it takes multiple swipes, there's no zoom on this phone, I cannot even connect to the WiFi on my phone, even when I am home... It doesn't even allow me to save my Network.

Today, I tried to Factory Reset my phone to see if maybe it would fix it and I'd have internet back on my phone again... but nothing. I have yet to have problems with phone calls though. Texting is semi okay.. But the internet is what bothers me the most.... It says it's 4G but it's a piece of shit. :/

• 2012-10-05 00:38
  • qUb8

> In reply to eric @ 2012-07-10 21:06 from qFtQ - click to readI just bought the Samsung Galaxy Attain from Metro PCS two weeks ago and i'm having the same problem with my battery. $250, I expected a better phone than this and I am because the camera doesn't even zoom in and out. Very dissatisfied with Metro PCS and I have been a customer for over a year. Wish I hadn't spent so much on this phone otherwise I would definitely change providers.

• 2012-10-02 00:18
  • jBt9

Whenever my phone is charging it will either vibrate or make a sound(depending if on vibrate) is this normal because none of my other phones did that,it does it whenever im on it ,wether im textin or looking at facebook,but overall pretty good phone but it gets reallly annoying when it vibrates/makes noise when charging

• 2012-09-25 16:18
  • qLjJ

man my phone died on me after two months they told me i could get a new one i just told them no and i bought an LG phone the attain wont start up it keeps replaying the samsung and metro pcs logos plus sad battery life and many things samsung galaxy NO GO attain.

• 2012-09-19 18:01
  • shia

The Galaxy Attain has a potential for being a good phone but I had a couple of annoying issues with it. One, every now and then, when I try to text or call my contacts, it would say Network Not Available and would not allow me to talk or text. It sometimes helped when I would restart but not all the time. Two, the battery life sucks on it. The Galaxy Attain only gave me FOUR hours at most on it. By the time I'm through with work, the phone is out of battery life. I had it replaced to see if the one I bought was a dud but the second Attain did the same thing as the first where it would die after four hours. Thirdly, the battery overheats. If I have my phone in my pocket or just in my.purse, it overheats which causes my phone to die. I tried to take the Attain to my local Metro PCS main store to see if they can help or if they an extended bat, but the clerks weren't helpful. They just said that its normal for the Attain to heat up like that. I can understand if I was using my phone and it heats up but for me to just keep it in my pocket or purse, it shouldn't heat up but it does.

The only way I resolved this issue was to switch Providers And ended il getting a different Samsung. And in all honesty, I am pretty happy with the one I have now. It doesn't overheat and it lasts almost all day.

• 2012-08-30 14:20
  • YgXy

I love my attain until the mic went out so now everythime someone calls me I can hear them but they cant hear me. Has anyone else had this problem? As far as the battery goes I just ened up spending $30 on an extra battery with a charger deck. And it works great usually last around 10 hours. I dont even charge my phone when the batyery is almost dead I just take it out and pop the charged one in.

• 2012-08-28 11:21
  • IEUj

> In reply to Unknown @ 2012-08-11 14:31 from sh{B - click to readi had the same problem i went to see if i can get it replaced and they told me it had signs of water damage and they wouldnt replace it. get another battery and the charger they offer. its worth it.

• 2012-08-25 04:48
  • iU0q

It's a nice phone,but I had it for some months. I didn't have any problems until my charging port broke. Now, I have wait on a charge or get another phone.

• 2012-08-11 14:31
  • sh{B

I love this phone !

• 2012-07-24 01:04
  • 0iZ3

omg seriously thisphone ispretty good but my charger broke the little hole on bottom the phone its self is great but i go to school with a humdredpercent charge i come out of school without even touchingit check my phone and it has like 35 percent i mean wat kind of phone loses battery without even being used!!!!

• 2012-07-10 21:06
  • qFtQ

The samsung galaxy attain sucks. Worst phone ever, but no one will fix this problem because metro purposely puts crap phones in its line up , samsung saves the best phones for the over the top plans with ATT and verizon. If you are a kid that gets everything from ur parents (or a lazy adult that mooches off

them) then yeah u can get an iphone and pay $150 a month (real smart) but the rest of us who pay bills, we need a reliable phone from a company like metro and they purposely have crappy phones that are years behind technology. I bet the big companies make it this way out of fear that common sense would tell u to go to metro

• 2012-06-30 07:54
  • IEUj

> In reply to Consumer4Truth1 @ 2012-04-07 13:27 from qQRc - click to readYeah the samsung galaxy attain, but I bet your paying over $100 a month for 2gb of data on that iphone. I had an iphone on ATT and my first bill was $178 and I didnt even go over my usuage, only good thing about metro is they have unlimited data , no caps no slow speeds, but the phones suck. Also ur iphone is only capable of 3g.

• 2012-06-30 07:46
  • IEUj

This phone sucks. Honestly it's only good for taking pictures. The charger port WILLbreak and you'll end up buying a new phone or BATTERY charger

• 2012-06-26 16:20
  • j8mu

mine was great except today! i can make a phone call but i cant hear the ringing sound & the person im calling! not just that i cant play my music either! but the speaker cant be the problem because they tried calling me back and it rang.. :'( i hate this phone now! i thought it was the best

• 2012-05-30 20:18
  • qJ{N

> In reply to Consumer4Truth1 @ 2012-04-07 13:27 from qQRc - click to readim sorry to heard that ..i bought it a few days a go and im ver happy with it .i knew it wont be the same as AT&T with respect to the battery , coverage and the way that the apps looks like but even when is true that the battery doesn't last that long i found the same problems with my old iphone ..as much as you use the apps , internet , gps etc as much as you going to spend battery time there are a lot of places at least around where i live and work that AT&T it doesnt work either then for is worth it since im paying $ 100 less and i can definitly made unlimited calls and text msm and this doesnt take to much battery.

• 2012-05-27 01:30
  • j837

worst phone ever... i wanted the newest best phone out there, so i went to metro pcs and saw the galaxy attain 4g and immidiatley thought this has go to be the best phone. talked to the guy there and he made it seem like a big deal and a perfect phone... it wasnt at all what he said.. first day, i got in my car and sat there for a minute trying to surf the web, it would not connect, so i took it back and then he said ohhh you may need wifi to surf the web. (wow! that sucks) so i got home and got it to work finnaly. first thing i did was charge it. next day came and i took it off the charger and i went out to school. by the time school was out i noticed i only had about 20 percent battery left. so i went home charged it and i was talking on it for maybe 1 hour and noticed it went dead so i said ok whatever. i then went to download an app and it said no connection retry later. (i was connected to wifi!) so i then texted my friend that the phone sucks and it said text could not be sent will send when returns to service. so i waited and finally took it back they said they cant fix it (btw it was at metro so i recomend you not get metro at all) so i went home and it wouldnt run any apps at all now. so i got mad and took it back they had to warranty it out this time. so i thought it was just that 1 phone. (i was wrong) it wouldnt run apps or anything took it back and because of a small little tiny dent they would not warranty it out. wow! SO I AM CURRENTLY waiting for a charge back. long story short i had to take it back 4 times and now im done with samsung and metropcs

• 2012-05-19 16:35
  • s91D

I got it and I havent had 4g service for a month now and metro doesnt want to fix it.worst phone ever.

• 2012-05-15 18:54
  • jnKS

> In reply to Michel @ 2012-04-18 04:07 from 40K3 - click to readMy Samsung Galaxy Attain is great! It can last up to 12 hours! The only problem is a few days ago, it couldn't make any phone calls.

• 2012-04-30 03:22
  • 4$sk

it has 4g network that's why it's battery is n0t go0d, overall i like it

• 2012-04-29 06:37
  • tt8t

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-04-17 14:11 from IEUj - click to readThe same for me. Bought it 8 days ago, Returned it yesterday because the battery wouldn't holdits charge more than 2 hours (on standby most of the time). Got a new battery: Was fully charged and it lasted 3 hrs. Do I still need to rate this phone. I will go back tomorrow to be refunded.

• 2012-04-18 04:07
  • 40K3
Total of 72 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G.