Samsung Galaxy Avant - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.5
6.2
6.1

I just purchased my phone a few hours ago from Metro Pcs. I'm a texter, not much of a talker. So I've only had 2 phone calls and both callers complained of not being able to hear me unless I was yelling directly into the mic hole. Anyone else having this problem? At the time of purchase I had to sign a piece of paper saying there are no returns or exchanges on upgrades.

• 2015-03-06 04:24
  • YY2c

I got one for free for signing a 2 year contract. I wasn't expecting to keep it but it is a supprisingly good phone. Despite having TouchWiz the phone feels quite snappy. There's very little lag switching between apps. The battery time is quite good. I can get 2 days of moderate use easily. Quality of the overall build is quite good. The screen is not AMOLED but seems pretty decent outside on sunny days.

• 2015-03-05 20:08
  • Iacx

> In reply to bubbamac @ 2015-01-22 06:30 from 0dy8 - click to readHi,

I am interest to buy Samsung Galaxy Avant. How is about battery and is it getting slow when we installed third party applications.

• 2015-03-03 11:05
  • v{uH

If any one from Sri lanka who looking at my post, please reply me with the sri lankan price and how is about bettery?

• 2015-03-03 10:28
  • v{uH

> In reply to miss Net @ 2015-02-26 05:46 from Ibxd - click to readi only paid about 170.00 at T-Mobile. a good smart- phone if your on a budget

• 2015-03-01 16:44
  • 7Ed8

> In reply to miss Net @ 2015-02-26 05:46 from Ibxd - click to readYou have to turn screen rotation on in your settings

• 2015-02-27 19:19
  • Ibxu

I just love it !!! Works great and it's so fast .. better than my olders phones and not that expensive .

• 2015-02-27 06:43
  • r99W

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-01 00:53 from IHeI - click to readI love this phone. damn there does what the S4 goes for the money.

• 2015-02-26 20:41
  • aaPc

Does anyone have issues when texting? Mine slows down rly bad and sometimes takes forever to send and reply to texts. Also runs slow on Internet. Let me know how u fixed these problems if ya did thanks

• 2015-02-26 08:45
  • Ibx4

> In reply to teammetro @ 2014-12-19 23:56 from 7I9D - click to read$800, are you serious, I only paid$149 for mine. Only problem I have is that it won't rotate.

• 2015-02-26 05:46
  • Ibxd

Well my friends... I got avant for a few months already and I see no problem with the phone at all. There is a simple logic : if you don't want good brand-new phone for $120 from tmobile store then you always have another option : buy a better phone for $600 or $700 from the same tmobile store. God luck in choosing your favorite phone :).......

• 2015-02-22 23:58
  • Ibxx

This phone is amazing i love everything about it.. better than more expensive phones

• 2015-02-20 21:03
  • Ibx2

> In reply to unhappy @ 2014-12-07 01:38 from 4QJb - click to readI was going to buy this phone woth metro ocs but after reading all rhe bad reviews i changed my mind and going with another phone

• 2015-02-20 04:04
  • q@yU

I love the phone only problem is when your in a call u cant hear n people can barely hear u

• 2015-02-07 17:52
  • Ibxx

Not good at all. The internet crashes all the time. The camera is horrible, very disappointed :(

• 2015-02-06 00:25
  • ImCv

What is the SAR data? The amount of RF that absorbed by our body.

• 2015-02-05 20:08
  • 7IeU

Hallo,
Since Ibought my Galaxy Avant, I could not use it. I've tried my best to unlock it butr it still be locked. I'm living in TOGO (Africa).
Can you help me please. I note that we don't have any represent office of T-Mobile here.
Best regards and waiting for your help.

• 2015-01-31 14:33
  • iEs6

> In reply to anonymous @ 2015-01-30 07:47 from RbqD - click to readIt'd not a great phone. It's fine as a starter but if you have the money for a galaxy I'd just get that

• 2015-01-31 04:01
  • RbXp

My first Avant had issues from day one. The microphone is an issue. No one could hear me very well and I kept cutting out. I returned it. They likely sent me a refurb, cause this one has camera issues. The flash is about as effective as a match, and the camera is extremely slow in focusing. If you have 5+ seconds to stand still while you wait for the camera to focus and take the shot, more power to you. The cell phone, email, text settings are difficult to locate, compared to my last phone. And they don't even add the most popular apps. You have to download them and in order to do so, you have to release all your contacts names and other personal information.

I can buy a brand new TV, which will work perfectly for at least 10 yrs. Yet, the public is expected to spend $200-600 for a device that is sure to die in under 2 yrs. And these devices are likely to give you cancer, due to the type of battery they contain. Does this make any sense? We are being duped. When the public gets f

• 2015-01-30 07:47
  • RbqD

This phone really sucks. It isn't intuitive at all, the internet crashes frequently, and it beeps/chimes during calls for no apparent reason (no new texts, emails, or calls).

• 2015-01-24 17:23
  • 9JfQ
Total of 149 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Avant.