Samsung Galaxy Avant - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.4
6.1
6.1

> In reply to My name is Scott @ 2015-05-22 20:43 from 4SX$ - click to readthose are carrier and signal issues , not the phone , youre bitching about flash light ? Lol

• 2015-05-25 21:35
  • 7FsQ

This phone sucks ass. My friend and myself got to different phones at one time. He got an LG phone and I got the Avant, almost immediately I noticed that his flash (flash light) was brighter, also the speaker for music (or speaker phone) was very quiet compared to his LG. I had to download a "speak to text" program for the keyboard. The signal SUCKSSSSSSSSSS, I am barely on the internet or FB because it's always "Loading" or will not connect because of lack of signal, while my buddy's phone is blasting youtube. WTF??? This phone is awful. If T Mobile uses this phone for "prepaid" and it's metro's "top notch" phone, I think maybe there might be a problem there. JS.

• 2015-05-22 20:43
  • 4SX$
  • sorry to disappoint
  • Rating0

> In reply to monkeysmom @ 2015-05-07 03:25 from IbxC - click to readI have the avant...it works fine for its intended purpose. Other than that, not great. I can't wait til I can finally afford to upgrade.

• 2015-05-18 18:57
  • RbXn

> In reply to monkeysmom @ 2015-05-07 03:25 from IbxC - click to readhey iam a sales rep at metro and the answer to your question is.... if you have a CDMA phone it will stop working starting July 1st so Metro PCS is doing a trade in program so that you can upgrade for free or at a low price... go to any metro dealer for details. Hope this helps

• 2015-05-14 22:29
  • 4Zm}

> In reply to monkeysmom @ 2015-05-07 03:25 from IbxC - click to readJust got it..had d same problem as u...so far so good☺😊

• 2015-05-08 18:26
  • qZ5Z

> In reply to cuppakitty @ 2015-04-17 19:07 from 4MV% - click to readHi thank u for posting ur opinion...i have been waiting for wks for metro pcs to get their shipment..finally they got the avant in. ur the only positive post I have seen. Metro PCS has been sending me mssgs saying i have to upgrade or their disconnecting my phone. Thats Bullying..I too have had my same android for five yrs. i am hoping i will b happy with the avant as i am very attached to this smart ph. i hope i can see the pic on screen outside during the day as that is an issue with tis phone. maybe only the I apple phones are the only good ones for that..but noway can i afford that.

• 2015-05-07 03:25
  • IbxC

I bought the phone 2 months ago and the power button won't lock the screen, can anyone help with that???

• 2015-05-06 22:32
  • Ix9Y

I purchased the Avant on the recommendation of T Mobile as a phone that will switch to Wi Fi when available and cell service is not.

Don't believe it! You can make outgoing calls with the WiFi connection, but 95% of the time incoming calls are directed directly to voice mail.

Finally after many calls, T Mobile admitted that they have known of this issue with the Avant since the fall of 2014, have no fix for it, and have no idea if or when they will.

So be warned, don't buy the Avant if you intend to get incoming calls over Wi Fi. It doesn't work

• 2015-05-02 02:30
  • 47IE

I have nothing but a headache when I purchased this(now 4th return)phone. I had returned 2 on buyers remorse because it would not allow me to hear calls made to anyone outside of my area code, they would have to call me back as soon as I would call them, I could hear the ringtone they pick up...nothing they cannot hear me or me them, they call back and then we can talk. It has now been 4 phones from T-Mobile and they are still trying to find out what the cause is. I called Samsung directly, I was told well they did not put too much technology into this phone, so if I have apps running in the background it could cause issues. So basically this is a phone for someone who only wants a phone and not to use internet or apps(which we are paying service for smart phone usage from the company)and I am waiting to see if they are going to make me turn in this phone again under warranty which will be the 5th phone before they offer me another option. I have never been so unsatisfied with a phone in all my life. I guess the saying is true, you get what you pay for.

• 2015-04-29 20:32
  • b9gT

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-04-16 15:42 from 4ZNk - click to readI really don't know why all these people are complaining. "the screen is garbage" What does that even mean? The screen resolution is the typical mid grade android phone and is a pretty sharp resolution. This phone is fast and if these people don't like the auto correct then get SwiftKey. This is an android we are talking about. These phones are there For customization. Honestly if you don't have the money to dish out for the newest Galaxy S model then this is the way to go. This thing rivals the s4 I'm every way except screen resolution and camera resolution. But you can't say it's crap because you're not paying much for it in the first place. You get what you pay for and for this phone it's well worth every penny. I have had no problems with video playback Netflix Internet anything. I use it for chromecast, I use it for Spotify, etc. I've played games on it with no lag. I'm even using the metro pcs version. I'm pretty sure these people either got a bad pick out of a batch of don't know what they are talking about. Not to mention people expect unicorns for pennies now a days and complain if their purchase doesn't exceed standards.

• 2015-04-29 09:01
  • kS5A

I think it's a great phone. The screen resolution is pretty good and the phone can be tweaked to go ultra fast. It also supports T-Mobile's new band 12 which allows for better reception. The flaws include a bad camera and less features than the better Samsung Galaxy phones. Overall, a fine phone.

• 2015-04-29 01:43
  • jLB0

> In reply to Two thumbs down! @ 2015-03-26 23:53 from b7px - click to readIt could be your call timer. A would beep/chime every minute on the dot

• 2015-04-28 08:14
  • Ibx2

I bought the Avant last September because of the price and that it had just come out over the summer as a mid-level smart phone. Figured it was a brand new model from Samsung and I didn't need all the bells and whistles of a full blown smart phone, so I bought it. I paid for the phone upfront as it was just over $200 with my carrier, T-mobile. Right out of the box, I was on the phone with tech support constantly for a plethora of issues. Finally I told T-Mobile I shouldn't have to pay for a brand new phone that had so many issues that were never fixed. They agreed and reimbursed me for it. Bottom line, it's has alot of problems and don't buy it.

• 2015-04-28 01:08
  • YHcK

> In reply to worksgooodyeaaa @ 2015-04-20 23:37 from RbXn - click to readHow is your t that I've had Avant for only 5 months and this is the only device that keeps "crashing"..while on the internet?? Thanks for any recommendations.

• 2015-04-27 15:12
  • IbxF

Don't ever get this phone!!!!! It's crap. I'm fed up with this phone! I've had it for 6 month's and there's loads of problems. If you like to take picture, the camera quality is awful!!!!! This is a great value s5 don't waste your money on this phone. 🙅🙅

• 2015-04-25 22:13
  • 7Ge6

Horrible phone. I can't stand the auto correct when typing. The S1 had a better system. The Internet setting options are crap as well. The screen is also garbage. The camera isn't add good as my S2. Overall I'd give the avant a 3/10

• 2015-04-21 16:30
  • k7Cq

Better than 98% out there ! Needs to have Lg's Volume for sound , Needs to have Samsung's carmera and needs a step up or 2 in speed . But for the overall rating i give it an 8.But far as internal memory makes it better than 98% sold for this fact cause the rest of them run out of internal memory to fast because of downloading pictures videos music which this one dont and thats a very important fact on choosing a good reliable phone because if you buy a Lg with 1.3 of internal memory and you use all of it then your done phone lags phone wont work period .Same with more expensive phones make sure you look at the specs before you buy a phone if your not going download alot them the other 2% of phones are good for you i hope this helps you out and also if you need more help text my cell if your having any other issues 4078006530 be glad to help ..

• 2015-04-20 23:37
  • RbXn

This phone sucks I guess all metro PCs phones suck but the color on screen looks faded the sound quality not good I bought lg f60 that one is better n cheaper

• 2015-04-20 22:18
  • s9F@

This phone is a variant of the Samsung Rugby I used at work in Canada, and it works exactly the same. I went back to work in the US not long ago and wanted a similar phone, but had no interest in the s-series. This phone cost me about $140 out of the t-mobile shop outright, and with a bodyglove cover and a screen mask, should be about as rugged as the Rugby was, although not as weatherproof. I use the voice to text feature a lot, as well as tunein radio for music and have had zero issues with it. I have not yet tried the features in the latest version of android kitkat, but it does have both wired and wireless tethering to wifi for my laptop, should i need it. I drive truck for a living, so i will also install sygic for trucking as a navigation aid, and that program has worked well for me in the past as far back as my old verizon htc phone that ran on froyo. If you want a decent featured phone at a fair price outright, you can't go wrong with the avant. If you are on t-mobile, spare yourself the headaches with monitoring your usage and just get unlimited data, text, etc. Well worth the price you pay.

• 2015-04-19 08:18
  • khQj

I got this Avant about 3 weeks ago. I am extremely happy with it. Let me say that I am not a terribly sophisticated tech user, but it does a lot of nice things for way less than the iPhone 6 or the problematic Galaxy S4. It goes beyond my basic phone needs, and I try new apps that help me progress.
The sound is clear. It takes great photos. So far, so good. Of course, I had my last phone for over 5 years...

• 2015-04-17 19:07
  • 4MV%
Total of 194 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Avant.