Samsung Galaxy Avant - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.4
6.1
6.1

I've had this phone about a year never had one single issue battery life isn't the best but that's common with androids, I had a epic 4g touch from t mobile that I loved and I like this phone better it handles apps better with the 1.5 gig ram and quad-core processor

• 2015-07-01 05:31
  • Ibx5

> In reply to liz @ 2015-06-24 23:16 from Ibxd - click to readI have this issue very often it is the worst I have done a warranty re[lacement and still have this issue

• 2015-07-01 01:42
  • YYKn

Alright I know a lot about phones period, I've always been An android fan at that. I've had my Galaxy Avant for about two months now and it's been working just fine for me, I haven't had any overheating issues or what not as other previous people on here have said. For the size being 4.5 inches, Its got A great picture on it, The 5mp camera Is nice, could be better but honestly I can't complain much because It does take good pics and videos also. Having A 16gb memory makes It really nice, I like the black leather type material on the back plate, Wish It came In white also. So overall out of A ten point grading system, I give It A solid 8.0 plus rating, Keep up the good work Samsung Galaxy! "KEEP CALM AND VAPE ON"

• 2015-06-30 00:46
  • 4G{C

> In reply to Bets @ 2015-06-08 08:34 from Y6Mn - click to readYes, I' just bought one and I can't even hold it to my
Ear it's always hot and battery won't charge I've returned twice with same issue every time.

• 2015-06-27 07:01
  • I54x

> In reply to liz @ 2015-06-24 23:16 from Ibxd - click to readI have also encountered the same problem the whole entire 7 months of having the avant. I have now had to replace it with a lg G stylo .problem solved..

• 2015-06-27 04:06
  • IbxE

I had a Blackberry I loved before my Avant, unfortunately, I dropped it in the washer. I love my Avant more! I like that I have a bigger screen but, not a larger phone or more expensive one like the iPhone which I definitely can't afford! After 8 months, I have no complaints!!! It's a great phone for the price!!! P.s., my son & grandsons have LG'S & iphones. They are always having problems !!!!!!!!!

• 2015-06-25 06:35
  • Ibx1

> In reply to Shantel @ 2015-06-10 11:09 from fsTx - click to readI have the same issue with my avant and so does my brother, that why I am reading these reviews to see if anyone else had problems with calls dropping ALL the time and people not being able to hear you when you're having a conversation. I just got this phone a couple of weeks agom

• 2015-06-24 23:16
  • Ibxd

> In reply to gerebars @ 2015-06-21 00:44 from kSVG - click to readhttp://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_...xy+avant+lcd For repair you can.check.the lcd so is easy to reapir.and.cheap.

• 2015-06-24 09:09
  • Y6fI

Iv had my samsung avant for going on three months. I havent had one issue with it. Battery life is awesome. Navigation is excellent as well. Its well worth the price. Although id like something bigger...this phone by far is a definite keeper..price is awesome as well

• 2015-06-24 04:25
  • Ibxt

It's a very cool phone with a Kit Kat 4.42 OS.In a lot of ways, this phone is comparable to a S5. On the downside, this becomes an inferior product because of the use of non-gorilla glass when placing the Touch Screen Lens Glass Digitizer on this phone. Two out of three Avants that I bought in Feb 2015, have cracked digitizer screens, and no repair shop in the Kansas City area will fix that digitizer screen because there are no parts.The estimated repair bill was $100.00 for any shop willing to try. Yesterday, June 19th,2015, I found many sources to replace my cracked digitizer screen, but everyone of the sources is in Mainland China and take a average of 27 days for delivery. Is that the same situation for most Samsung phones?

• 2015-06-21 00:44
  • kSVG

When I bought the phone back in December I was actually looking at a different phone until my girlfriend pointed it out and I'm glad she did! It's a great phone I've had no problems up until this week, my charging port shit the bed so I need to replace it, so basically I've gone 6 months before my 1st issue which when I think about it was probably caused by me, I'm a foreman for a painting outfit in Boston and running from job to job working with paint a lot of particles end up getting into the use port so I recommend a case with extra protection that covers the headphone jack and charging port.

• 2015-06-20 21:18
  • 4JH4

> In reply to Baddie @ 2015-06-13 17:10 from kshp - click to readYes it has a good emoji selection

• 2015-06-20 21:17
  • 4JH4

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-03-08 07:29 from kgW9 - click to readGot the phone Dec 2014. Went out June 15th. Is fast on 4G let phone. Camera pics are alright. There is a delay in taking pictures. Battery heats up very fast. Liked that it's a 16gb but can be upgraded with micros card.

Got a replacement phone. This battery heats up fast. Thinking of returning.

• 2015-06-19 05:54
  • Rbq1

Almost a month old and terrible. When I use speak to tesxt and hit send it sends the message but it also stays in the box where it pops up so I end up sending it a 2nd time before I even speak my new messege

• 2015-06-15 04:41
  • j5{T

> In reply to mzz sparks @ 2015-06-10 11:13 from fsTx - click to readYou screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy Avant by holding down on the home button and the power button at the same time. There should be a white flash within the screen.

• 2015-06-14 02:50
  • Ir84

> In reply to mzz sparks @ 2015-06-10 11:13 from fsTx - click to readYes to screen shots, press the home button and power button at the same time to take a screen shot.

• 2015-06-13 21:22
  • NP%b

I have had an avant for 4 months. I use it to play game of war , play clash of kings, download and watch movies. I also use it for fb and it's hotspot. It's a nice size to fit in your pocket. Never had a problem with dropped calls. In my opinion it's a great little phone.

• 2015-06-13 19:41
  • NP%b

Does it have emoji

• 2015-06-13 17:10
  • kshp

> In reply to mzz sparks @ 2015-06-10 11:13 from fsTx - click to readHome and lock at the same time

• 2015-06-13 04:12
  • Ibxx

Please I want to know if this phone can screen shoot hve tried doing that on instagram but I cnt do it can you please help me out thanks

• 2015-06-10 11:13
  • fsTx
Total of 224 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Avant.