Samsung Galaxy Beam2 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

Check Price

Popularity

Daily interest
0.6%
Total hits:
724415

Voting results

Design
5.6
Features
5.8
Performance
5.8
Votes:
52

Sort by:

Last week I bought a Samsung beam2.at that moment the playstore was not working that's why I flashed to latest version.now I lost many important apps (playstore , youtube,etc).I cannot to take the apps from anywhere what can I do for it?

  • Reply
  • 2015-06-10 10:43
  • 2Ti3
  • U

> In reply to Leopold @ 2015-05-05 22:49 from n5P4 - click to read" I have actually purchased and used this phone twice "

  • Reply
  • 2015-05-13 13:13
  • Fr3t
  • R

Hi,

I never said I used the phone twice. I bought two and used the first for around four months and the second for around three. That is why I came to the conclusion that it was crap. Nowhere did I say I used it twice.
I read a lot of technicals about phones, so maybe I am not an expert but I don't think you have any credentials in that area either.
Again, no need to insult. You sound very defensive. Anyway, nothing you have said changes what I experienced while using the phone. Instead of insulting me, perhaps you should say something constructive and acknowledge the phone is a bit crap. Good day.

  • Reply
  • 2015-05-05 22:49
  • n5P4
  • U
  • allabouthegalaxybeam
  • Report
  • Rating0

> In reply to Leopold @ 2015-05-03 13:45 from n5P4 - click to readLeopold, let me remind you that you are the person that started to give false claims on my name. So don´t act like you are offended and that I insult you. You reap what you sow. And if you can´t deal with my direct responses then don´t make false claims. Simple. So this is the last time that I am going to reply to this novel that you wrote again. And there is no need to write the same comment twice. Unless you think you look smarter like that. I don´t have that much free time as you have and I don´t really feel like reading the same thing over and over again. I have better things to do. So let try to make it quick. You used the phone twice (as you said yourself), and you claim to have such a big knowledge of it. While in fact you have zero. How can you write about “experience” if you used the phone twice? Lol. You are pathetic I am sorry. You did not use the phone enough but you want to give people an insight of it. Anyway. So whatever you claim regarding CM or a stable OS is not valid because you simply do not have any experience in that topic in general. Don´t talk about things you don´t know. That´s about that. Now the GPS takes 30-40 seconds in average, sometimes less, but as you said, you used the phone twice so you are not in the position to share any valid experience. Because you have none and neither do you know everything about GPS as you so much anticipate in your comment. Anyway.. let´s move on. I´m not really going to comment on the brightness because again, you have no real hands-on experience here. You can refer to what I said in my previous comment. I´m not going to repeat myself. I don´t even know if I should respond to your claims that I said the phone can project in Full HD. I feel like a parrot talking to you. But then again, I thought you everything you need to know in my previous post. And I´m getting tired to teach you what I said about Full HD playback or projection. Read the last post and try to finally understand it. Besides, your 20 lumen source is here: http://www.eprice.com.tw/mobil...3/4905160/1/ You need to use google translator to translate it to English. This was the best early review done about the Beam 2. There are others but you can search them for yourself. Funnily enough a lot of people say that the projector is great. You must be special I guess..But let´s continue. You can make a phone splashproof and scratch resistant with the product called crystalusion. That’s the same product that I used when I put water over my phone in my beam 2 review video. Because it repels it. So google it before you open your mouth, try to be funny and act like you´re the smartest guy out there. And if you really think that I could have possibly claimed that there is a product that you just apply and can make fully IP67 certified waterproof (at least that´s what I think you understand by the word waterproof), then I must tell you that (don´t take it personal) you must be extremely dumb. Not even liquipel can do that flawlessly. Now regarding my videos. For some people android IS like rocket science, but as you have no experience in communicating with people over their phone issues how would you know? Some of my viewers don´t even know how their computer works so you have again not the slightest reason to speak up here. Therefore please just remain silent will you? And as I explained you already in another comment, I never claimed to be an authority. So don´t call me that and don´t make me one is that clear? Now regarding the Kitkat project. It is still in progress but yes, it did not go the way it should have gone. And in retrospect I should have waited until I have my hands on some features before I announced what it will have and what not. That was a mistake and I regret that. It was the first time I did something like that and I had big let downs. But at least I moved my ass and tried to change something. You instead just come here to complain, give false “insights” about this phone and never gave a single f about the problems of these beam users. To me you are what I said before. A little whining girl that has no credibility, no experience, no respect and most importantly you are a nobody that did absolutely nothing to change the issues that Beam users face. You are giving a review of a product that you never really experienced and you mislead others with your inexistent knowledge.

So to summarize. The Beam 2 does not have the best specs, the best projector, the most lumens, the best performance, the fastest locking GPS and the best performing Camera. Happy now? Doesn´t really matter because for me it’s the phone with the biggest fun factor. I strongly suggest you to stick to another smartphone and never touch a Beam again and give your “review” about it. Because you have zero knowledge and you never will have. Whatever experience you claim you have, you have none. Your research abilities are nonexistent and so is your knowledge about the Beams. So please do not ever touch a projector Smartphone again because it will never be a phone that you will like. Even with better specs. Go and get an iphone. It would more reflect your personality. So thank you for your incredible review that you gave about me and this phone and I hope to never hear from you again. This will be the last time that I will reply to your nonsense. I have better things to do than waste my time reading your mile-long novels telling you the same things over and over again. You have too much time on your hands. Do something useful with it.

  • Reply
  • 2015-05-05 01:18
  • 0mv3
  • R

I stand byy claims Chris. You have not provided any evidence, you just attacked me and made assumptions. A 40 second GPS lock is useless in real life navigation situations.
On neither of my Beam 2 phones I had any other apps installed, and I removed all the Chinese apps. It lagged for the basic things like using the stock internet browser. This happened on both units, which is why I got rid of it. On the previous Beam model people did not want to upgrade to Jelly Bean because Gingerbread did not work, but because it is a newer OS. The same reason why anyone with any phone would want to upgrade the ROM. As dar as the main functions of the projector, upgrading the Rkm will make very little difference to the features most people use - videos and games. A video will still look like a video when you upgrade the ROM - shock hooro. Why would anyone trade in Gingerbread to the leaked Jelly Bean ROM? According to you it is because people can play games with a PS3 confroller. Yes, laggy games with a PS3 controller are going to be great. It is not like there aren't any affordable quality Bluetooth controllers out there already.
As for the Beam 2, your video review did not say that the phone does not output Full HD video. You actually said it can play Full HD video which is a ridiculous clakm. You now say that you meant that it can accept a Full HD file but if it does not display the video in Full HD, the comment has no value. It is like highlighting a non feature. What is the point of even mentioning Full HD? You also claimed the phone features a 20 lumen projector. Where did you get this specification. Unless you can reveal the actual source, you are misleading people. In none of the spec sheets published on numerous websites the lumens rated is listed as 15.
Where did you get that figure. The projector in the beam 2 has a higher resolution so the image looks clearer but I personally did not see a brighter image. As for your dungeon comments, what you say makes no sense. The projector in the Beam 2 is tiny. The further away it is from the projection surface the less the image brightness will be. Even the brightest full scale projectors work best in a fully darkened environment. Even cinematic projection is in a fully darkened room. Darker images almost completely wash out. Play The darkest scene in the Godfather on Netflix in your dungeon-free brightness haven Chris and then see how clear and brilliant it looks.

You make a lot of claims in your YouTube videos but it is you who is full of BS. You say you can make any phone Waterproof and scratchproof without screen protectors or cases. The world is still waiting for hour innovative solution. For ages you have said you will create a KitKat ROM for the Beam 1, yet it has not materialised and probably never will. You just say things you will do and other than rooting and finding ways of using the projector you have done nothing significant. These phones are only good for playing videos and games and those things can be done without any fancy mods. Even with the best ROMS, you cannot make a great phone because the specs are abysmal.
I totally understand that the Note series of phones eat a lot of battery but my point was for the R and D and design teams at Samsung resolve some of those issues to develop a functional product that can make better use of the projector. Battery life is improving all the time. It is better to have something like this attached to a quality product with the hardware to do it justice. The Beam devices, both of them, have virtually no other redeeming features and there is little reason for people to invest in one. In a time whenn even the greatest phone specifications on leave room for improvement, a crappy handset quickly loses its appeal even if it does have one very cool feature.

I still stand by my original post and apart from attacking and debasing my argument, you have not provided any substantial points that negate what I say. Instead of insulting people it is best to acknowledge that you cannot polish a turd like the Beam 2.

  • Reply
  • 2015-05-03 13:45
  • n5P4
  • U

> In reply to zee @ 2014-12-05 12:38 from 9A6F - click to readThere is no need to insult. I have actually purchased and used this phone twice and I have reported my personal experience of using it. I removed the Chinese apps and did not install or run any other apps and I always clear the background apps anyway. The phone still lags. If that had not been a problem, I would not be complaining. I wanted it to work which is why I bought it twice. It is also quite obvious that the phone does not have the necessary system requirements to run the OS. cyanogenmod or whatever you call it is not a magic solution since the ROMs are often homebrew and there is no reliability and if a dev team stops working on it, they frequently do, you hardly end up with something better. Why would you need a PS3 controller with the previous Beam? There are plenty of Bluetooth controllers available that work fine. (Most people wanted to upgrade their Beam to Jelly Bean because Gingerbread is old, not because it didn't work well. Jelly Bean was not officially rolled out by Samsung because it didn't work properly).
As for the GPS, lots of luck using something that takes 40 seconds to lock on. If you are in open traffic and you are going someplace you have never been before it will be very useful to have a laggy GPS. Having used two Beam 2 devices, with your so-called software fixes, it still sucks. GPS has to be more or less instantaneous. Occasionally all phone lag but the Beam 2 is practically useless. Also you do not have to be a phone expert to know the obvious. Regionally some phones are designed to lock on to predefined local GPS satellites. This phone was only released in China. It makes sense for it to lock on to Chinese Satellites. Software cannot override this. It might but only if you completely remove the existing Rom with a new custom rom (and then you have to figure out how to make the projector work - standard Android Roms do not have a projector and reverse engineering is not easy). As it stands, you can root this phone but the GPS still defaults to what it was programmed to do. Present actual evidence to contradict this. Get a fix in less than 10 seconds. Forty seconds is ridiculous.
As for the brightness, yes your room has to be totally dark otherwise darker images look crap. This is obvious. Even fjll size projecrors wash out in brightlt lit rooms and best performance in in total dark. This is a tiny projector, it is impossible for it to give the kind of performance you claim. It is simply not bright enough. However, since I am only posting here to discredit you and lie, IMAX cinemas should not take any of my claims for granted and they should buy some Beam 2 devices to replace their existing equipment. Lol. You do not have to sit in a dungeon but the darker the room, the clearer the image. The smaller the bulb and brightness rating the harder it will be to see the picture, especially darker images which do get washed out very easily. Try playing the darkest scenes in the Godfather movies on Netflix on your seventy inch Beam 2 screen in your dungeon-free well lit room. Ridiculous claims indeed.

The Full HD claim is ludicrous. Just think of the logic of even making that t You accept that it will play a Full HD file. So what? The image is not Full HD anyway, so this is totally insignificant. This is facile and misleading statement. In your original review on YouTube, you do not actually say that the output of a Full HD file will default to the highest possible resolution of the phone, which is NOT full HD.
You also claimed that the phone has a 20 Lumens projector. None of the credible websites have this spec listed. Where did you get this spec. Where is the source? Other than your claim, there is of evidence. It is a clearer projector but the resolution is not higher. In my, tests it looked better but not brighter.
Most of the things you said you will do, you have failed to. At one point you said you can make any phone waterproof and scratch proof. I am sure Sony, Samsung and Apple would love to hear from you.
At one point you said you had a dev team for a KitKat ROM on the previous Beam model, and then after you got the money you changed devs and took so long, and it is still nowhere to be seen. You might have your reasons but you promise many things and never deliver. By the time it happens Kitkat will be as old as Gingerbread was when that phone launced. Most of the videos you have posted are about how to use the projector and anyone with half a brain can work out most of those things and rooting and unrooting is not exactly rocket science because more or less every phone has a way for it to be rooted. You have written a petulant response to my genuine observations and I do doubt you technical credibility as you have not demonstrated much. Yes you have made videos. Big deal. That does not make you an authority. The projector functions of these phones, their main selling point, is mainly used for games and videos and these functions are already available. Jelly Bean does not enhance overall performance on the previous Beam, and even if your ROM does, it would not change the way people use the projector. They will stilplay videos and games. How does a new Rom improve those features? These are very average spec phones. Even with the latest and greatest ROMS they will not replace better-specced devices. What is the point of a new rom when you have a slow and laggy device? I stand by my previous post here and I feel you have not offered any rebuttal other than insults and repeats of your previous statements. Most of the things I have complained about, other people have also commented upon in your Facebook page (in the comments section of some of your posts on there - you will probably delete those now, but they did exist).

  • Reply
  • 2015-05-03 11:23
  • n5P4
  • R
  • allabouthegalaxybeam
  • Report
  • Rating0

> In reply to syed @ 2015-04-23 10:44 from 0CjA - click to readNo you cannot. It has a different size

  • Reply
  • 2015-04-23 22:44
  • 0mv3
  • R

I haven't battery can I use beam 1 battery into beam2

  • Reply
  • 2015-04-23 10:44
  • 0CjA
  • Q

can I put beam 1 batrey into beam2 batrey

  • Reply
  • 2015-04-23 10:05
  • 0CjA
  • U

this is the aswoem

  • Reply
  • 2015-04-19 00:28
  • 9LB9
  • R

IS there any holding stand for this phone?

  • Reply
  • 2015-04-10 09:49
  • wYRQ
  • Q

its an awesome set.. i have been using it for last two months.. excellent battery timing and most of all, projector result is also very great..

  • Reply
  • 2015-03-29 15:15
  • KIfF
  • H
  • allabouthegalaxybeam
  • Report
  • Rating0

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-01-29 11:26 from n5px - click to readI just came across that BS that you wrote I and I want to set the record straight. So people do not rely on such a biased opinion as you just gave here. I am Chris, the Guy that u "mentioned" and that runs the youtube channel “allabouthegalaxybeam” so lets get right down to it:

1.GPS.
You claim that so many people are complaining about GPS. Let me give you some proof that GPS works. http://youtu.be/yQ9FLx9akFM It locks my signal in around 30-40 seconds. Seems like I am a magician. I use the G3858ZMUANI1 baseband version and I have another gps.conf file than some others have. So the problem is not hardware based, otherwise it wouldn´t work at all for me and many other people. I did 2 GPS lock attempts in the video and I live on a tiny island with no proper GPS coverage. Furthermore I did a post on my fb page to find out why for some people it doesn’t work. I suggest you to provide some info there, rather than complaining here that nothing works at all.

2.Performance.
I don´t know what apps ur using on your phone but if you have millions of apps running in the background its normal that the performance cannot be that good. People told me that their Samsung Galaxy S5 was running slow. And that’s a high- end smartphone. You can have the best phone ever but if you install a lot of crap on it, it´s obvious that it will not work well. Especially the facebook app that can take 70% out of your phones performance, launchers, antivirus&firewalls apps. I guess u run all of them at once and u expect them all to run without issues. Lol. I played GTA San Andreas on the projector on the PS3 Gamepad and had no issues http://youtu.be/O_mk9DP762g And that is a BIG performance killer already. But it runs fine if you keep the phone cool.

3.Projector.
You claim that you need to live in a dark dungeon and that it has to be totally dark to the Beam 2 projector. I think your eyes are not working correctly because when I filmed the video here http://youtu.be/l6mOcAWhHrk the projection size had a 70 inch and my surrounding doesn´t look like a dungeon now does it? I don´t know what phone u claim u have, but it can´t be the beam 2.

4.Lollipop.
I see you don´t have a slight clue about cyanogenmod or custom roms. The whole point of having a custom rom is to make the OS run BETTER. But I doubt u ever had something like that installed on any phone, otherwise u wouldn’t talk so much blah blah. Furthermore I never said 100% that I will get lollipop. I said I want it and that I will try to make it happen. And I depend on developers to do that project. So the result is not dependant on me.

5.Camera. Where did I ever say that I will make the camera better? I think you really have a problem with your ears. I said I WILL TRY to make it better. And again you have no idea what you are talking about because you failed to do your research. But that’s nothing new it seems. I will give you another lecture now. You claim that “the camera can only perform as well as its hardware specifications permit” Again utter nonsense. XDA member Xperia Ray proved in his XDA thread http://www.xda-developers.com/...one-sort-of/ that it is VERY WELL possible to enhance the camera itself. For that he modded the vignette camera app. Allthough the original thread got deleted on his request (as he hacked the vignette apk), the method did work and there are still threads about it. See http://forum.xda-developers.co...ing-t2275464 And there are other posts to enhance the quality without even editing any software. Now let me continue with the most ridiculous claim from your side that I apparently have made

6.Full HD.
I don´t know how old you are but apparently u never mentally grew out of the age of 5. So lets sort this out once and for all. The Beam 2 CAN play FULL HD content. That is also called 1080p playback. That means that you can download or transfer a Full HD movie to your phone and play it with the standard player. But that does obviously NOT mean that the phone can display or project in Full HD quality. I think you didn´t really get that part it seems. So I will repeat. Full HD playback does NOT equal Full HD portrayal. Obviously you cannot watch the movie in Full HD on the Beam 2. And I never said that you can. I simply said that Full HD content is playable. So stop putting words in other peoples mouth.


So let me summarize. You don´t need to trust me but at least you could ignite the remaining brain cells that you hopefully have, clean your ears and start doing some research instead of putting people in a bad light. Also Gingerbread as you claim did not work pretty well for many people. Why you think so many people wanted to upgrade to Jelly Bean? Anyway. Jelly Bean also allows you to project games and even play on them with a PS3, and guess what. This is NOT possible on Gingerbread because the Bluetooth protocols are missing there. And ur also an expert when it comes to manufacturing a phone its seems lol. It´s not about putting a projector into a Note series and it´s all done. The note with it´s big and bright display and its processor already consumes a lot of energy, so what you think an extra projector would consume and what impact would that glorious idea have on the thermodynamics? The Note already has overheating problems (google it) and you think adding a apparently “cheap projector unit” wouldn´t be an issue? Ever thought of the costs that would need to go into designing such a product? Which would then result in a higher product price that people would not want to pay in the end. But it seems you know it all right?

The only absolute thing that I could agree with you beside the brainless nonsense that you brabbled here is, that Samsung could have done WAY better. They could have made a phone with much better specs and MUCH better software support. The support that the Gt-i8530 got is horrible. But somebody has to keep in mind that if the specs would have been better the price would have most probably gone up (if it would have been made by Samsung). If it would have been another brand then this might have been a different story. Some brands manage to build phones with reasonable costs (oneplusone, moto g). And I guess Samsung did not want to risk higher production costs if they fear failure. So Samsung saw the Beam as an experiment, not as a real opportunity (which is actually is). So whoever read my post now please do not base your opinion about a product on one “expert”. Always do your research first. Thank you.

PS: To avoid any white line in the projector picture just always use the rotate projection from the projector adjustment menu. Never use the one from the settings (cinemamode) as this causes some missbehaviour in the apk. So should u have that line simple a) put the screen orientation in normal mode. b) Then restart the phone and don´t touch screen orientation again. Only use the rotation function from the projector adjustment menu as just mentioned.

  • Reply
  • 2015-03-06 23:35
  • 0mv$
  • R

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-01-29 11:26 from n5px - click to readyou know, I'm planning a trip to Europe, a camping trip. I don't want to carry a labtop, so this seemed like a answer. a smartphone I could project, maybe watch a movie to share with my fellow campers, and to make phone calls and do internet searches to find information. Before I shell out some dollars I want to be sure I get what I'm paying for. thanks to your review, you have saved me some money. I have a question, do you know of a device that will work as this one claims. I need to project a screen and a keyboard in my travels that I can carry in my pocket.

  • Reply
  • 2015-02-05 19:07
  • q3K5
  • C

The ram is less than 1gb (even though you may read it is 1gb). In practice it is more or less the same as the previous Beam. It is not surprising this phone lags because when the previous Beam was upgraded to JB, it also suffered from lag and became unusable. These phones are just not up to handling newer versions of Android.

  • Reply
  • 2015-01-29 11:29
  • n5px
  • U

Hi Chris,

I tried the GPS solution you offer but it does not work. I do believe you are in denial. Many problems are hardware based and usually if a GPS cannot lock on, the problem cannot be resolved with a software fix which is all you are offering. If you are the same person who runs the allboutthegalaxybeam Youtube Channel you have offered this solution to people before but it does not get the gps to work. Where is the proof your solition works and that it makes he GPS usable? If it takes ten minutes to lock on everytime your locarion changes it won't be very useful would it? I have tried the fix you have offered here but it does not work, and it didn't with either of the Beam 2 phones I owned. If it was that easy, people wouldn't persistently complain about it. The phone has other issues too. It is terribly slow and the ram gets used up quickly. I owned two and on the second one, I did not install a single app, the phone was usually used for the projector but whenever I browsed the internet, using the stock browser, the phone would start to freeze after a while and usually that was when I used mobile versions of news websites, most of which did not have videos or graphics. On the first Beam I tried other browsers such as Dolphin and Opera Mini and even they had the same issues. This is not an issue with browsers or apps. The phone is simply too slow and the ram is poor. Sure the projector is OK but hardly leaps and bounds ahead of the previous model, and one cannot realistically use such a terrible phone on a day to day basis because both of my Beam 2 devices I owned froze up even when not being used. Sometimes I would just pick it up, press the projector button and nothing would happen. After around a minute it would switch on. The guy who does the Youtube videos actually sells these phones too so perhaps this is why he raves about it. The phone cannot handle Android and is super slow, and the Ram issue is a big one. Sure you can choose to use it as your main phone but it lags a lot and is vey frustrating to use. If you only like the projector (which you probably won't all day unless you live in a dark dungeon because it can only be used in total dark), it is not worth carrying a crap phone all the time. The guy who does the Youtube channel often says that he will get a Lollipop rom made for this but it won't improve the specs for the phone. The phone struggles with Jelly Bean, and won't fare much better on Lollipop. He claims he can make the camera better but the camera can only perform as well as its hardware specifications permit. In his review he says the phone can play Full HD movies and this has been repeaed by people on his Facebook page. It is utter nonsense. If a Full HD file is played it will not show beyond the phones maximum resolution so if that happens to be 720p (I am not sure how high the resolution is but it is not Full HD and hasn't even been advertised as such), it won't give you a 1080p picture. This should be obvious. People here on Gsm arena have made such silly claims too but the hardware will not allow you to play videos beyond the specifications of the device and if you say you can you are miseleading people. The phone cannot display full HD content in the same way you would not get a HD picture if you Plug a Blu Ray Player into a standard definition tv and play a Full HD movie. It will display but it won't be HD. The phone is not very usable because if you cannot use it as a phone on a day to day basis (which you probably won't because of the lag issues - the gps doesn't work either), it will just be something you use for the projector and there are much better Pico projectors available for the price which will allow you to plug in many more things. I would not trust Chris as I think he is just trying to pretend this is a great phone when in reality the specs are very poor and if it didn't have the projector, which is also quite glitchy, it won't even be worth considering. I don't know why Samsung made such a poor device in which to add the projector. The previous model ran well with gingerbread. The Jelly Bean update crippled it. Gingerbread is old but the old Beam worked pretty well with it and suffered minimal lag and allowed you to prject games and videos. The update to JB, Kitkat or Lollipop does not improve the projector functions and they work well on the stock software so beware of making changes because these phones have poor specs and such devices usually cannot handle software upgrades. The guy on the Youtube channel says he can improve the Beam 2's camera with software - he wants to add a zoom but most people hate crappy digital zooms anyway. He can't make the camera better than it is, and software solutions are usually poor and cannot mask the inherent problems with the hardware. I really wanted to like this phone and most people here who have not yet bought one are only talking about it because it is the only projecror phone available (it is discontinued but at the time of writing there are a lot of them on eBay). It is very poor in general and Samsung should have made a better device. They should add a better projector in one of their Note devices. It would be much more appropriate on one of their flagships. Contrary to what people think these projectors aren't very expensive to add into the phone because you can buy the projector assembly for the beam 2 quite cheaply so if they add one to the Note series of phones it won't add much to the manufacturing cost. The reason the Beam phones didn't do well is not because people haated the projectors or had no need for them but because Samsung added them to very average phones with dated specs, and Beam 2 is actually worse than the model that came out in 2012 because the GPS actually worked and the software, although dated, worked well with the hardware.

  • Reply
  • 2015-01-29 11:26
  • n5px
  • U

I am trying to buy Beam 2 please advice this phone is good or not specially in speed
thanks & waiting

  • Reply
  • 2015-01-27 11:27
  • XNCe
  • Q

What is the size of ram used in the phone\

  • Reply
  • 2015-01-21 20:50
  • uWj9
  • U

Ok Leopold did i say use Faster Fix?You people don't listen.No i'm not in denial and i'm sorry there's problem with your phone.The guy on youtube is not perfect in everything.
1.Install google play services and all the programs from the instruction on the youtube channel make sure you do all the steps and install super su root too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YWivMR66RE
2.Install "FASTER GPS" can be found here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=or­g.fastergps
and set your continent and region for example im europe greece.It changes the default satellites on your phone the program that works.Make sure you have Access to my location-Use wireless networks and A-gps turn on for home network(works for me or for all network).All these can be found on location services.
Now i use Sygic_v.13.4.2 works perfect with fast lock.
i know there are newer versions the latest has small glitches while i move.
3.Press the projector button while on homescreen go to the contrast setting and enable the dynamic contrast on manual mode set it whatever you like.I have the note 3 wallpaper (http://techbeasts.com/wp-conte....jpeg){there is on the phone} and the white vertical line that blinks while playing video is red actually on the left of the image,do not leave the setting window or press ok.You just have to click the dymamic contrast on and off a couple of times until the red line is gone,is visible without exiting the contrast setting-no glitch after that.Only then you press ok and the image is free of glitch.

  • Reply
  • 2015-01-17 11:42
  • 0Tup
  • F

Hi Chris. Faster Fix didn't work for me and I did exactlt what you said. Yhis is a known problem and even the guy who runs the allaboutthegalaxybeam Youtube channel knows about this problem. This problem cannot be repaired via software because some phone manufacturers actually Build GPS hardware to lock on to the nearest regional satellites, and as this phone was not intended to work outside China, it always struggles to find the signal Also in China the GPS is not accurate because the government of that country does not trust it.
I owned two of these and while I acknowledge that the projector is good, ir has glitches and I used them quite a lot. The white line is a problem and frequently appears if you start up the phone in cinema mode. The o ly fix is what I personally worked out after extensive use and I have detailed the workaround. I think some owners of this phone are in denial about its problems. Yes the projector is cool, but tue phone is junk and is laggy as hell. The ram gets used up so quickly and on my second Beam 2 I did not even install any apps akd deleted many other preinstalled ones and it was still laggy. I am glad you are enjoying your phone Chris but maybe after you use it for a while you will identify the problems.

  • Reply
  • 2015-01-16 23:31
  • n5px
  • R
Sort by:
Total of 99 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Beam2.