Samsung Galaxy Beam2 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

5.6
5.8
5.8

When lunching in Pakistan... ?

• 2014-12-20 08:51
  • 6PId

> In reply to Aesir @ 2014-11-28 03:50 from 8{5y - click to readOn ebay from star644 or cal zee #075 1474 3632. Last few left.thnks

• 2014-12-05 12:38
  • 9A6F

> In reply to tutu @ 2014-11-19 03:59 from mYsu - click to readCould you tell me please where I can buy it?

• 2014-11-28 03:50
  • 8{5y

> In reply to Imran @ 2014-11-13 13:36 from KIDM - click to readI use the firt version for more than 2 years and its still very good..

• 2014-11-24 22:24
  • npP2

> In reply to Imran @ 2014-11-13 13:36 from KIDM - click to readNope. It wont.

• 2014-11-20 17:01
  • B}Ib

I've had the Beam 2 for a month now and I think it was worth the 400$. It was only released for China Mobile so I ordered it from Beijing.

At first it was a headache rooting it, installing Google Play services and uninstalling the chinese apps (the Samsung launcher and bloatware it comes installed with is lame). But after a few days of deciphering tutorials from this very helpful yet sometimes confusing youtube channel 'allaboutthegalaxybeam2" its now rooted and working really well. I do wish the projector was brighter but its good enough that i can watch movies on my wall at night (with all the lights turned off) and do smaller/close range projections in more lit . I use an app called Show Box which lets u stream literally any movie/show with subtitles of ur choosing- i reccomend it to anyone who gets a Beam 2.

The one thing that does bug me is the lack of RAM. It comes with 1gb that is not upgradable, and the Roehsoft RAM Expander app (that uses SD space to expand RAM) unfortunatley doesnt seem to work with this model.

So with low RAM i'll occassionally get lag and will have to be careful not to run too many apps at once. I've experienced lag when running high def videos on VLC Player, when navigating between apps, and I assume games wont run very well.

So I love it but hopefully the Beam 3 will have:
- a brighter projector (perhaps with the option of more lumens when the phone is plugged in)
- more projector settings (with gamma etc...)
- at least double the RAM
- a more streamlined launcher, less bloatware
- a worldwide release

These small changes aside, having a projector in your pocket with all the capabilities of a smartphone is pretty amazing. It really makes me feel like im in the future when I use it.

• 2014-11-19 03:59
  • mYsu

I think his projector lens will be weak after some time
What u say about this?

• 2014-11-13 13:36
  • KIDM
  • F

I think being a teacher they should have this to lessen their time to cut, draw or to make instructional materials.

• 2014-10-15 14:14
  • t7Xk

> In reply to irfan55 @ 2014-09-10 23:31 from p2II - click to readadding a projector currently on a phone doesnt cost much, if you consider it just this beam's projector. adding a higher quality projector that displays 720P is another thing....but just adding this projector to the beam only costs them about $20-30

• 2014-10-09 13:41
  • tSvx

> In reply to Khan @ 2014-09-02 07:50 from TgYa - click to readit is better, but i did say just a little better. but dont judge if you havent tried it please

• 2014-10-09 13:39
  • tSvx

where do i buy it from? i'm in Madinah/ Saudi Arabia

• 2014-10-08 00:50
  • NFaR

> In reply to irfan55 @ 2014-09-10 23:31 from p2II - click to readi want this mobile galaxy beam 2

• 2014-09-24 10:57
  • Hkt7

Projector is a very expensive technology, That's why they just can upgrade the projector but can not upgrade other technologies on that phone,

But yes, they can add a cool projector on Galaxy S6 (Next Phone of Samsung), But can you pay 2500 or 3000 $ for buy that phone ???

• 2014-09-10 23:31
  • p2II

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-05 21:57 from NrHN - click to readAnd the screen type also is so bad its tft one ... it must be as all sam mobiles screens super amouled or the better one the ips screens

• 2014-09-10 09:59
  • Nkms

> In reply to mobilgod @ 2014-07-05 11:07 from swg$ - click to readAm from egypt to .. and if i were u i will never buy this phone till they upgrade the rear camera at least to 13 mb and the screen size to 4.7 or 5" at least and it's ram also must be atleast 1.5 giga byte with 2800 to 3000 mah battary.

• 2014-09-10 09:56
  • Nkms

> In reply to evtony @ 2014-08-31 13:31 from 2xC} - click to readBeam 2 not better than beam 1

• 2014-09-02 07:50
  • TgYa

hi everyone. I have had the beam 1 and currently have the beam 2. Since rooting it with google services (as it was shipped from china), I have had the opportunity to experience it 100% and thus the wait for my short review. Firstly, the phone is beautiful. It feels like all other samsung phones out there and really the performance, size of screen, size of phone (not thickness) is exactly like the samsung s3. But it has a much clearer projector. And this time around, with the ARM7 codecs, i can now play 1080p blu ray quality movies with the projector. In addition, the phone reads 64GB sd cards. I havent tried 128gb yet. The downsides are the camera really hasnt changed much at all, albeit being a little more clear than the previous beam 1. another downside is the graphical performance is still bad. One game that I tested is 'Sheep Happens'. It runs super laggy on the first beam, and so does on this phone, even when rooted to full performance and cleared off all memory apps. Would I say it was worth replacing the first beam? Hell yes. I would have never gone to another phone so I follow this trend now projector in my pocket, especially when this phone came out at $320, while the first beam was at $550. If another company releases a flagship phone with an even better projector, would I go for it? Hell yea, but the question is when? until then, this is an amazing phone and is a worthy successor to the first, although you can barely call it worthy....

• 2014-08-31 13:31
  • 2xC}

Hi I am currently living in the United States and I have been searching hi and low for a way to purchase this phone. If anyone can please please help I would greatly appreciate it. If anyone has a way please let me know. Or if anyone is unsatisfied and would like to get rid of there's I would pay a fair price aslong as we can securely do the payment and shipping...any suggestions...I tracked the phone down to the shop.samsung web site and it appears I can get it if I am a samsung member (not just any member, sign up for samsung just because you have a contract plan wouldn't cut it I guess). Either that or an active military ID would work but it appears that is the only way... Apprectiate any help or feedback from anyone...details plz I really would like to try this phone out. Thank you p.s. you can reply to my email if youre looking to sell or have any help... AsWishinsky@gmail.com please and thanks again.

• 2014-08-24 07:02
  • IwYM

I required this phone

• 2014-08-09 01:02
  • Shw8

Features are good but android kitkat is latest so hope for android kitkat and camera atleast 7MP rear

• 2014-07-24 20:06
  • rKBP
Total of 75 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Beam2.