Samsung Galaxy Discover S730M - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

5.9
6.0
5.8

> In reply to ryot @ 2014-02-14 02:29 from xGrG - click to readbetter than virgin mobile

• 2014-02-16 02:25
  • k1@@

overall an ok phone my only concern is the batteries for these phones died too fast. they should be made with longer staying power. I am charging this phone every day unlike my other phone. with all the new features and running apps these batteries should have been made to sustain these operations.

• 2014-02-14 16:08
  • jnQG

Don't have a problem had phone 5 months works good Google play

• 2014-02-14 03:11
  • 4r8P

worst phone i've ever had
so slow
does whatever it wants
dont waste your money on this

• 2014-02-14 02:29
  • xGrG

> In reply to cal @ 2014-01-29 19:52 from 4r8x - click to read
I am very new using any type of cell phone but there seems no easy way to use this.
It is a waste of my children's money to buy it for me.
I need to get a very simple cell phone. Send me an idea with easy instructions.

• 2014-02-13 03:18
  • 4ARM

This is definitely the worst phone I have ever had. It has the worst battery life, GPS doesn't work 95% of the time (even in downtown). It is extremely slow as well. Do not waste any money for this phone.

• 2014-02-05 10:05
  • kxQx

the best

• 2014-02-04 19:45
  • Rf7@

Worst phone ever do not get it always freezes up wifi always connect without your permission there's always something going on with it it's a bogus phone

• 2014-01-29 19:52
  • 4r8x

please why no flash light and radio(FM)

• 2014-01-20 19:52
  • fsT5

> In reply to overpower @ 2014-01-20 14:19 from tCQm - click to readhey, can you please tell me how you modded this phone? i've been searching the internet but i just can seem to find anything on this phone.

• 2014-01-20 17:52
  • 8VA3

overclocked it to 1ghz now I can play chaos rings 2. Good phone if you know how to mod it

• 2014-01-20 14:19
  • tCQm

I don't like it because I had it for a few months an it been messing up all the time I triend hard resting it an now its not turning on or nothing

• 2014-01-18 09:46
  • 4HaB

Why don't the galaxy discover let you talk for more than 4 hours???

• 2014-01-02 21:07
  • 4r8C

> In reply to Rahul @ 2013-10-12 17:37 from vQ$h - click to readNo, little one - the fault lies in your lack of ability to communicate skillfully in english.

• 2013-12-20 05:16
  • xyZi

have been using this as a back up for a while, it doesn't have the fast specs and performance as others but at 70$ it is a great first phone and back up that will do all the basics fairly well. the only issue is battery life, the most you will get out of this device is 4-5 hours even with light usage.

• 2013-12-14 19:44
  • IDsD

Fantastic $49.00 2nd phone, emergency phone for the glove box or employee hand out phone.

This is the phone I take with me if there is a chance of me damaging or loosing my good phone. Its also its a good 1st phone for your 12 year old, it has a-gps so you can locate them.

I have modded the phone with: NEXT Launcher Full, TEAM Battery Bar Pro, DIGI Clock Plus Full, Memory Booster Full, AdBlock Plus, MBAM, and a whole bunch of others. The phone was not meant to run all this and lags a bit, that's where the mem booster helps.
Rooted, SIM Unlocked, Stock ROM.

I have no battery problems.
It has a 1300mAh battery, if you are listening to mp3's, have the wifi on and surfing the net, sending some texts and then gaming with the screen on full bright the whole time you can expect 3½-4 Hrs of battery life.

• 2013-12-07 16:45
  • xIi7

OK standby - 2nd phone for $49.00 CDN.
Good for the glove-box, co-workers going out in the field and taking a company phone, going some place where you might damage/loose your good phone.
I've put in the NEXT Launcher, TEAM Battery Bar, DIGI Clock Plus, Memory Booster Full Version and a whole host of others, this runs them all fine, it lags a little but mem booster helps with that issue.
SIM Unlocked and Rooted.
Battery life is fine, its ONLY 1300mAh, what do you expect with something that small. Run the phone as a MP3 player and go on WIFI, do some texting as well,,,3.5 Hrs at most.

• 2013-12-07 02:41
  • RnAM

Back in August a D Hurst wrote about the Samsung Discover and was clearly upset with its performance. My experience has been almost exactly like his. I bought mine in August from Future Shop. I wanted to give it chance so I didnt rush back to the shop.
This phone is absolutely useless. From day one it has let me down. I have tried every combination of circumstances. You name it, I've tried it.No apps, battery savers, airplane mode on, wifi off, bluetooth off, sync off, take the battery out, put it back. I've been there.
Read kilometers of reviews and blogs.Talked to Future Shop. Forget that.Dont ever even look at this phone unless of course you want to give it to a two year old baby to play with and pretend she has a phone. Its performance reminds me of that scene in the movies where the police tell the prisoner he can make one call. I make one call and the battery starts to drain and an hour or two later it has gone down to 30% from 97% And thats with the phone shut down completely.USELESS, Did I mention I didnt like it?

• 2013-12-03 08:35
  • g5uY

Why there's no flash????

• 2013-11-23 00:56
  • 7Ch$

Super cheap phone that basically does what you expect. Is it fast? No. Does it run Jelly bean? No. Is the screen very good? No?

It's a step down from my dead Nexus S, but for $100 who cares? If you need a replacement phone for Telus this is it - dirt cheap and works fine.

• 2013-11-14 02:41
  • IxvN
Total of 251 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Discover S730M.