Samsung Galaxy Discover S730M - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.1
6.1
5.9

I bought this phone back in June or July for around 70 bucks CND its been a great phone for me, the only complaint i had was the camera was crap but i downloaded the cyrema app and its awesome! its my only phone and i use it ALOT for talking and texting as well as wifi I always have service and its clear no issues or complains from me. the battery holds a good charge for me, I always charge my phone when its off and i charge it only till its completely charged, leaving it plugged in when its not needed ruins your battery as does charging it while its turned on. Great phone IMO

• 2013-10-08 02:25
  • cNUX

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-09-06 01:12 from 4xmD - click to readi know right it never turns on for me either for some reason it shuts down and then it never turns back on!?

• 2013-09-30 03:04
  • N@NQ

I've read a lot of reviews about this phone and despite many people having battery heating and short life problems, at $70.00 CDN I felt is was worth the risk and bought one. I here to say that I'm very glad that I did because this phone is great for the price. My advice is to anyone thinking of buying this phone is to READ ALL THE POSTS. Time spend researching is never time wasted! I followed the advice of many who have posted that you need to initially charge this phone while it is still turned off. FIGHT THE URGE TO TURN THE PHONE ON WHEN YOU BUY IT.

• 2013-09-16 23:31
  • qbq1

> In reply to maria @ 2013-09-05 04:34 from sh9h - click to readIt is rec to remove the battery cover when charging to reduce heat.

• 2013-09-14 03:17
  • Ydg}

Great for cheap price ,you dont get better phone in this price like $69+ tax

• 2013-09-12 11:11
  • sgjj

> In reply to D Hurst @ 2013-08-01 23:11 from NQNE - click to readi have had almost the exact same experience and have the same feelings.
they take my money and every corporation passes the buck and has ignored me.
i have purchased this phone for my parents for emergency calls and they have never been able to use it. the only "suggestion" i got was, we know this is a bad phone and everyone complains about the battery - samsung warranty does not cover battery, i'd suggest buying a new phone.

-20 karma points for samsung. they should be ashamed.

• 2013-09-08 18:11
  • 4tk3

Shitty phone. It's constantly crashing, screen won't turn on half the time and can barely pick up wifi from across my house. I wouldn't recommend it

• 2013-09-06 01:12
  • 4xmD

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-09 19:00 from 9xHH - click to readThank you so much for your advice i will try it and see if it will work,

• 2013-09-05 04:34
  • sh9h

great

• 2013-08-27 02:47
  • 8f$1

> In reply to discusted @ 2013-05-14 19:37 from ID0r - click to readHey
Just got off the phone with Samsung tech support. Their advice
Do not keep any apps on the home screen - swipe them away - also do not charge for more than 3-4 hours...I'll let you know...if this won't work they can shove this phone

• 2013-08-21 04:32
  • 4Ba8
  • lol you dont know me
  • Rating0

where is the led flash lol read the specs lol thats funny still yet to find it

• 2013-08-21 02:50
  • q9@2

I recently bought Samsung Galaxy discover. Can anyone please inform how to set SPEED DIALING ?

• 2013-08-19 16:55
  • Q%eb

Got mine for Buck but for some reason they won't download application help!!!!!!

• 2013-08-04 03:21
  • 4r8@

> In reply to randy canada eh. @ 2012-12-31 21:50 from Ixpd - click to readI went looking in several dollar stores, found a screen protector for an S3, just had to carefully cut a bit of length from the cover.

• 2013-08-03 17:43
  • Qy%R

> In reply to Helen @ 2013-01-10 23:02 from 46YK - click to readInitially the default driver only let's you copy some media types to the phone, which was disappointing until I got a newer release of the MTP driver then it worked. I was swapping the sd card between the phone and tablet constantly before this :/

• 2013-08-03 17:40
  • Qy%R

> In reply to JC @ 2013-04-28 17:27 from IBTL - click to readYes, there is an indicator icon smiley as you should see at the top of the screen on a missed text msg/call that remains there, but unfortunately no beep/mp3 reminder to configure. I looked into an app to resolve the reminder issue for android os, and there are many out there like lightflow app. Only thing is the led light portion in the app does not apply to this phone, since it does not have one.

• 2013-08-03 17:27
  • Qy%R

> In reply to D Hurst @ 2013-08-01 23:11 from NQNE - click to readWow sorry to hear that sir. These big companies nowadays care about nothing more than money, once they take yours you'll never see it again unless you're still able to return it. If the date passed then forget it. I just returned mine, getting rid of that piece of trouble. If you only need to talk to your Mother, why don't you just buy a reliable "Dumb"phone. Less worry about battery and drops. Good luck with that troublesome thing though.

• 2013-08-01 23:33
  • RqTe

I bought the Samsung Galaxy Discover phone on June 24 or 25 2013 and since that time I have had nothing but, trouble with keeping a charge! I charge the phone to 100% and leave the phone of and my battery is drained. I leave it on and within a 30min to hours time my battery is drained 30 to 40 %. I talked to the store where I have bought the phone and I have been treated like garbage and my complaint is a lie to them. Finally one of the store managers goes on the net and tells me that this type of phone has a flaw in it's design. I was giving another phone and it does the same thing. I called samsung and I was treated horribly to where the customer service rep hung up on me. I asked samsung for help and was given nothing. I asked for Head Office and was not given the info. I asked the rep for his name and he said Tim. I asked his last name he refused to give it and refused to give me his employee number. How can a company sell a phone with this problem? Why do people who work for samsung or my provider treat me like I am dirt? I pay as you go and because of this, I am not entitled to a lender phone. My money was easy to take, but to get help and compensated for all the stress and problems is unavailabel. I bought this phone because, I have a heart condition and to be able to speak with my precious mother everyday. I have to always find a place to charge my phone because it drains very fast no matter what! The rep from samsung refused to give me head office info or anyone in a higher position than him. This is morally repugnant!

• 2013-08-01 23:11
  • NQNE

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-31 23:45 from Qg{J - click to readI'm not kosmos but I can help with "Factory Reset" The factory reset reverts your phone back to like when you first bought it (Erases all your data) You can do this by going to the Settings App. Then "Backup & Restore" > Then choose the last option. I don't remember exactly what it's called (Something along the lines of Erase Everything, Reset Phone, or Factory Data Reset) Select that and follow the prompts. Personally, when it finishes I like to go to the recovery and choose "Wipe Data/Cache" as well. Hope this clears up some stuff. And to the other Anonymous I think I will follow his guide and return mine. The battery goes down 1% per minute lol. So thanks for the suggestion.

• 2013-08-01 15:34
  • RqTe

> In reply to kosmos @ 2013-06-18 18:56 from Yb04 - click to readwould you please advise what does it mean by saying "factory reset" ? Thank you!

• 2013-07-31 23:45
  • Qg{J
Total of 246 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Discover S730M.