Samsung Galaxy Discover S730M - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

5.9
6.0
5.8

Fantastic $49.00 2nd phone, emergency phone for the glove box or employee hand out phone.

This is the phone I take with me if there is a chance of me damaging or loosing my good phone. Its also its a good 1st phone for your 12 year old, it has a-gps so you can locate them.

I have modded the phone with: NEXT Launcher Full, TEAM Battery Bar Pro, DIGI Clock Plus Full, Memory Booster Full, AdBlock Plus, MBAM, and a whole bunch of others. The phone was not meant to run all this and lags a bit, that's where the mem booster helps.
Rooted, SIM Unlocked, Stock ROM.

I have no battery problems.
It has a 1300mAh battery, if you are listening to mp3's, have the wifi on and surfing the net, sending some texts and then gaming with the screen on full bright the whole time you can expect 3½-4 Hrs of battery life.

• 2013-12-07 16:45
  • xIi7

OK standby - 2nd phone for $49.00 CDN.
Good for the glove-box, co-workers going out in the field and taking a company phone, going some place where you might damage/loose your good phone.
I've put in the NEXT Launcher, TEAM Battery Bar, DIGI Clock Plus, Memory Booster Full Version and a whole host of others, this runs them all fine, it lags a little but mem booster helps with that issue.
SIM Unlocked and Rooted.
Battery life is fine, its ONLY 1300mAh, what do you expect with something that small. Run the phone as a MP3 player and go on WIFI, do some texting as well,,,3.5 Hrs at most.

• 2013-12-07 02:41
  • RnAM

Back in August a D Hurst wrote about the Samsung Discover and was clearly upset with its performance. My experience has been almost exactly like his. I bought mine in August from Future Shop. I wanted to give it chance so I didnt rush back to the shop.
This phone is absolutely useless. From day one it has let me down. I have tried every combination of circumstances. You name it, I've tried it.No apps, battery savers, airplane mode on, wifi off, bluetooth off, sync off, take the battery out, put it back. I've been there.
Read kilometers of reviews and blogs.Talked to Future Shop. Forget that.Dont ever even look at this phone unless of course you want to give it to a two year old baby to play with and pretend she has a phone. Its performance reminds me of that scene in the movies where the police tell the prisoner he can make one call. I make one call and the battery starts to drain and an hour or two later it has gone down to 30% from 97% And thats with the phone shut down completely.USELESS, Did I mention I didnt like it?

• 2013-12-03 08:35
  • g5uY

Why there's no flash????

• 2013-11-23 00:56
  • 7Ch$

Super cheap phone that basically does what you expect. Is it fast? No. Does it run Jelly bean? No. Is the screen very good? No?

It's a step down from my dead Nexus S, but for $100 who cares? If you need a replacement phone for Telus this is it - dirt cheap and works fine.

• 2013-11-14 02:41
  • IxvN

Im hate this phone sooooo much its horrible it requires a email address for everything then you cant un sync it once you register it unless you restore to factory settings also it stores all your contacts an personal info into your email making it so easy for hackers to obtain your previous locations and all stored info. 50% of downloads are unsecessful please please dont buy this phone save your money

• 2013-11-12 03:51
  • 4r8@

> In reply to JC @ 2013-04-28 17:27 from IBTL - click to readI believe blackberry does I Miss My Bb....dropped It One Too Many Times So I Am With This lil guy def has battery issues and yes it Gets Too Warm On The Ear And Aftr Charging Dont Ask Me Why Mh Key board Is Putting Caps On Every Word Either. I Would Like To Know More About The Magically Running Google Apps That Def Dont Need To Be In The Back Ground Simply Bc I Am Making A Call. And I Also dont Want My Gmail Calendar Syncd To My telephone Calendar It Keeps Everything Up N Running And Practically Global As Far As Privacy. Any Tips On How To Separate These Things And Turn Off The apps In The Background Pls

• 2013-11-04 04:47
  • 4r8J

where is lED flash? does it suport games? reply soon?

• 2013-10-26 18:43
  • uNVK

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-09-08 18:11 from 4tk3 - click to readi think that u don't know how use a phone atfirst whatever u want u write bt don't think......
if it's the problem of battery then buy sumsung E2202. it has a good battery backup...

• 2013-10-12 17:41
  • vQ$h

> In reply to lolkid101 @ 2013-09-30 03:04 from N@NQ - click to readI think that it's not the fault of the cellphone, the fault is in u......
u know how to handle the phone at first..............

• 2013-10-12 17:37
  • vQ$h

I bought this phone back in June or July for around 70 bucks CND its been a great phone for me, the only complaint i had was the camera was crap but i downloaded the cyrema app and its awesome! its my only phone and i use it ALOT for talking and texting as well as wifi I always have service and its clear no issues or complains from me. the battery holds a good charge for me, I always charge my phone when its off and i charge it only till its completely charged, leaving it plugged in when its not needed ruins your battery as does charging it while its turned on. Great phone IMO

• 2013-10-08 02:25
  • cNUX

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-09-06 01:12 from 4xmD - click to readi know right it never turns on for me either for some reason it shuts down and then it never turns back on!?

• 2013-09-30 03:04
  • N@NQ

I've read a lot of reviews about this phone and despite many people having battery heating and short life problems, at $70.00 CDN I felt is was worth the risk and bought one. I here to say that I'm very glad that I did because this phone is great for the price. My advice is to anyone thinking of buying this phone is to READ ALL THE POSTS. Time spend researching is never time wasted! I followed the advice of many who have posted that you need to initially charge this phone while it is still turned off. FIGHT THE URGE TO TURN THE PHONE ON WHEN YOU BUY IT.

• 2013-09-16 23:31
  • qbq1

> In reply to maria @ 2013-09-05 04:34 from sh9h - click to readIt is rec to remove the battery cover when charging to reduce heat.

• 2013-09-14 03:17
  • Ydg}

Great for cheap price ,you dont get better phone in this price like $69+ tax

• 2013-09-12 11:11
  • sgjj

> In reply to D Hurst @ 2013-08-01 23:11 from NQNE - click to readi have had almost the exact same experience and have the same feelings.
they take my money and every corporation passes the buck and has ignored me.
i have purchased this phone for my parents for emergency calls and they have never been able to use it. the only "suggestion" i got was, we know this is a bad phone and everyone complains about the battery - samsung warranty does not cover battery, i'd suggest buying a new phone.

-20 karma points for samsung. they should be ashamed.

• 2013-09-08 18:11
  • 4tk3

Shitty phone. It's constantly crashing, screen won't turn on half the time and can barely pick up wifi from across my house. I wouldn't recommend it

• 2013-09-06 01:12
  • 4xmD

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-09 19:00 from 9xHH - click to readThank you so much for your advice i will try it and see if it will work,

• 2013-09-05 04:34
  • sh9h

great

• 2013-08-27 02:47
  • 8f$1

> In reply to discusted @ 2013-05-14 19:37 from ID0r - click to readHey
Just got off the phone with Samsung tech support. Their advice
Do not keep any apps on the home screen - swipe them away - also do not charge for more than 3-4 hours...I'll let you know...if this won't work they can shove this phone

• 2013-08-21 04:32
  • 4Ba8
Total of 256 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Discover S730M.