Samsung Galaxy Discover S730M - user opinions and reviews

6.0
5.8

• lol you dont know me
  • Rating0

where is the led flash lol read the specs lol thats funny still yet to find it

• 2013-08-21 02:50
  • q9@2

I recently bought Samsung Galaxy discover. Can anyone please inform how to set SPEED DIALING ?

• 2013-08-19 16:55
  • Q%eb

Got mine for Buck but for some reason they won't download application help!!!!!!

• 2013-08-04 03:21
  • 4r8@

> In reply to randy canada eh. @ 2012-12-31 21:50 from Ixpd - click to readI went looking in several dollar stores, found a screen protector for an S3, just had to carefully cut a bit of length from the cover.

• 2013-08-03 17:43
  • Qy%R

> In reply to Helen @ 2013-01-10 23:02 from 46YK - click to readInitially the default driver only let's you copy some media types to the phone, which was disappointing until I got a newer release of the MTP driver then it worked. I was swapping the sd card between the phone and tablet constantly before this :/

• 2013-08-03 17:40
  • Qy%R

> In reply to JC @ 2013-04-28 17:27 from IBTL - click to readYes, there is an indicator icon smiley as you should see at the top of the screen on a missed text msg/call that remains there, but unfortunately no beep/mp3 reminder to configure. I looked into an app to resolve the reminder issue for android os, and there are many out there like lightflow app. Only thing is the led light portion in the app does not apply to this phone, since it does not have one.

• 2013-08-03 17:27
  • Qy%R

> In reply to D Hurst @ 2013-08-01 23:11 from NQNE - click to readWow sorry to hear that sir. These big companies nowadays care about nothing more than money, once they take yours you'll never see it again unless you're still able to return it. If the date passed then forget it. I just returned mine, getting rid of that piece of trouble. If you only need to talk to your Mother, why don't you just buy a reliable "Dumb"phone. Less worry about battery and drops. Good luck with that troublesome thing though.

• 2013-08-01 23:33
  • RqTe

I bought the Samsung Galaxy Discover phone on June 24 or 25 2013 and since that time I have had nothing but, trouble with keeping a charge! I charge the phone to 100% and leave the phone of and my battery is drained. I leave it on and within a 30min to hours time my battery is drained 30 to 40 %. I talked to the store where I have bought the phone and I have been treated like garbage and my complaint is a lie to them. Finally one of the store managers goes on the net and tells me that this type of phone has a flaw in it's design. I was giving another phone and it does the same thing. I called samsung and I was treated horribly to where the customer service rep hung up on me. I asked samsung for help and was given nothing. I asked for Head Office and was not given the info. I asked the rep for his name and he said Tim. I asked his last name he refused to give it and refused to give me his employee number. How can a company sell a phone with this problem? Why do people who work for samsung or my provider treat me like I am dirt? I pay as you go and because of this, I am not entitled to a lender phone. My money was easy to take, but to get help and compensated for all the stress and problems is unavailabel. I bought this phone because, I have a heart condition and to be able to speak with my precious mother everyday. I have to always find a place to charge my phone because it drains very fast no matter what! The rep from samsung refused to give me head office info or anyone in a higher position than him. This is morally repugnant!

• 2013-08-01 23:11
  • NQNE

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-31 23:45 from Qg{J - click to readI'm not kosmos but I can help with "Factory Reset" The factory reset reverts your phone back to like when you first bought it (Erases all your data) You can do this by going to the Settings App. Then "Backup & Restore" > Then choose the last option. I don't remember exactly what it's called (Something along the lines of Erase Everything, Reset Phone, or Factory Data Reset) Select that and follow the prompts. Personally, when it finishes I like to go to the recovery and choose "Wipe Data/Cache" as well. Hope this clears up some stuff. And to the other Anonymous I think I will follow his guide and return mine. The battery goes down 1% per minute lol. So thanks for the suggestion.

• 2013-08-01 15:34
  • RqTe

> In reply to kosmos @ 2013-06-18 18:56 from Yb04 - click to readwould you please advise what does it mean by saying "factory reset" ? Thank you!

• 2013-07-31 23:45
  • Qg{J

> In reply to JnNn @ 2013-07-27 15:50 from RqTf - click to readThe phone needs to be power off and not standby. I have no data plan and wifi and gps are turned off. Most of the time I can go for standby for days without a recharge. But once a while it will discharge overnight. I still trying to figure out exactly what is wrong with it. The best way to to keep an eye on it. After you fully charge the phone, turn it on and wait for an hour or so. Check the battery drain meter. It should be pretty flat. (Assuming data is off, wifi is off, bluetooth is off and gps is off.) If it still show a fast drain, turn the phone off for a min then turn it back on and check on it after an hour. Usually that fix it.

If you suspect you have a battery drain problem, return the phone if you can. It is not worth the trouble. A phone should be a reliable and predictable piece of equipment.

Good luck.

• 2013-07-29 14:50
  • 9xHH

Notice that with these phones u cannot put your phone contract down

• 2013-07-28 12:38
  • Q2Lm

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-09 19:00 from 9xHH - click to readExcuse me sir, but when you mean "Phone Off" do you mean that the phone is "Powered Off" (When you turn it on it goes through the boot sequence) or when the phone is just in standby (Just the screen is off and it turns on as soon as you press the button)? Some clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• 2013-07-27 15:50
  • RqTf

Does it has led flash for when you get a notification ?

• 2013-07-26 06:29
  • 4r8C

can play youtube or not?

• 2013-07-21 20:44
  • Mf5j

is this phone suported live streaming?

• 2013-07-21 20:41
  • Mf5j

> In reply to michael @ 2013-07-12 11:04 from P@1G - click to readnot yet in yhe phil..

• 2013-07-18 09:12
  • t7XH

nice phone

• 2013-07-16 13:28
  • ttd%

is this phone available in the philippines?

• 2013-07-12 11:26
  • P@1G

is this available in the philippines?

• 2013-07-12 11:04
  • P@1G
Total of 256 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Discover S730M.