Samsung Galaxy Discover S730M - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

5.9
6.0
5.8

This is for people who have battery problem with this phone.

If you leave the phone on, plug in the charger and turn the phone off. Unplug the charger cable when it shows full but leave the phone off. You will notice that the phone is warm for hours and when you turn it on afterward, the battery is drained. This is a flaw in the design. Normally the charger charges the battery and powers the phone. But when the phone is turned off. Some circuit in the phone is still enabled. Even if you unplug the charger afterward. This drains the battery. The only way to clear it is to turn the phone on and off. It has some kind of power latch up condition.

If you are going to charge the phone, turn the phone off, then plug in the charge cable. Don't turn on the phone until charging is done. If you want to use it before it is fully charge, unplug the charger then turn it on.

• 2013-07-09 19:00
  • 9xHH

440 hours standby time my @$$.. i take this phone off the charger when i wake up at 10:30 pm and by 4:30 am it says plug in your charger .. i have android assistant to auto kill apps that may open while in standby .. that didn't work so i rooted it to try to kill those pesky factory google apps that keep magically opening on their own .. still not any better .. this is with the mobile network turned off and basically nothing on the phone whatsoever .. says the majority of my battery usage is going to cell standby.. about to downgrade to an old phone here at the house that lasts for a couple days just so i can use it and not have to take my freakin charger to work with me

• 2013-06-18 21:46
  • q5tU

> In reply to kosmos @ 2013-06-17 06:16 from Yb04 - click to readI found a say to fix the battery life, just factory reset it. Now I am getting 40hrs of stand by time. Still not long but it is much better.

• 2013-06-18 18:56
  • Yb04

Like many people I have trouble with the battery life. A full charge and on standby only last about 8hrs. Have to buy a portable charger to use it for a full day.

• 2013-06-17 06:16
  • Yb04

I like this phone, great bargain. To take a screen shot press vol- & power will store in gallery. Save batt power goto settings display brightness(set to 20%) most of batt is from display/music/video/speaker.Get the 2.9.201.1018 driver for usb,the default MTP one doesn't let you see the files.Got alot of HD space to use which is awsome I have downloaded other apps to view different video file tpyes. Many newer games will run well, I decided on this phone because of the good specs and my tablet runs android(ics).

• 2013-05-26 20:40
  • Qy%v

This phone is Junk! I purchased my phone in Feb 2013, since that time I have had nothing but trouble with the battery, I charge it 100% with the power off, leave it for 5 or 6 hours without turning it on, when I power up the battery is flat, or after a full charge without using the battery will loose 40% in 30 minutes, they have changed the battery but the results are the same.

• 2013-05-14 19:37
  • ID0r

Is this available in india market...because i want to buy it!!!

• 2013-05-08 12:17
  • mcja

> In reply to randy canada eh. @ 2012-12-31 21:50 from Ixpd - click to readi got mine off ebay

• 2013-05-07 03:47
  • qDMw

when the phone comes in india tell me plz

• 2013-04-30 21:07
  • wiTq

Is there any way to indicate that you have a text or phone call that you missed, without turning on the phone and looking? (a flashing light)

• 2013-04-28 17:27
  • IBTL

> In reply to Indian Outlaw @ 2013-04-18 21:34 from 4AGV - click to readUse windows media player on your and sync them on to your cell you can play them as long as they are mp3 or mp4 format

• 2013-04-26 20:06
  • jJtB

> In reply to piya @ 2013-04-21 10:58 from KI6b - click to readIts 3.5 Mg

• 2013-04-26 16:22
  • 9E68

how do I take a screenshot and is there any way to save text to the sd card

• 2013-04-22 02:40
  • IxkA

in specification led flash is written but it is not visible in pictures. is there led flash plz tell me n camera is 2 megapixel or 3.15 mega pixel

• 2013-04-21 10:58
  • KI6b

> In reply to Indian Outlaw @ 2013-04-18 21:34 from 4AGV - click to readGo to play store on home screen. Purchase or install free trial poweramp app. All songs will play through this app.

• 2013-04-20 19:25
  • 46mM

I have downloaded a load of songs onto my phone...why won't they play?? I've tried downloading different apps but it still won't play my songs. Each time it keeps saying that the player does not support these audio files. So please tell me what music program to use on my comp that will let the songs play on my phone.

• 2013-04-18 21:34
  • 4AGV

when will samsung galaxy discover be available in doha-qatar

• 2013-04-13 18:29
  • JFx6

When will SAMSUNG GALAXY DISCOVER be available in the Philippines.........

• 2013-04-12 11:22
  • uSRg

> In reply to leights @ 2013-03-31 20:12 from jxXT - click to readgo to menu, click people, click menu for a pop up screen, click import/ export then import from SIM card. all your contact will be available.

• 2013-04-09 10:47
  • N9K5
Total of 256 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Discover S730M.