Samsung Galaxy Express I8730 - user opinions and reviews

1959775

6.2
6.4
6.3

> In reply to anonymous 2 @ 2013-10-14 08:59 from AIAA - click to readTry to make factory reset if is possible for you. Or come on xda-developers for questions :)
PS
I use i8730 since 5th April 2013 and without any problems.

• 2013-10-15 21:25
  • JFPN

it turns off by itself and should take the battery out first to be able to turn on again. Have someone occured the same problem and solved it??

• 2013-10-14 08:59
  • AIAA

Very bad... it turns off by itself and should take the battery out first to be able to turn on again.

• 2013-10-12 02:46
  • wfx2

Can this phone support full HD video playback......

• 2013-10-10 15:22
  • HkqX

Where the hell is the 4.2.2 update that we were promised, 4.1.2 is so out of date now. Does anyone know if we will still get it on the Express?

• 2013-10-10 07:08
  • YP9x

> In reply to NKlaps @ 2013-09-03 14:48 from 3Auk - click to readShortcuts are not available on "lockscreen". They are only available on the "welcome screen". That means you have to disable your pin/pattern/password/face-unlock in order so see the shortcuts.

• 2013-10-09 08:05

in Bulgaria can be purchased for about 220
is it worth?

• 2013-09-30 15:28
  • 0BGn

i cant find how to turn off the driving mode in this phone.pls help....

• 2013-09-29 10:33
  • X}tQ

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-09-18 16:56 from t1$B - click to readno , only awailable at Mumbai virar shop.. to full address check all opinions

• 2013-09-23 13:11
  • 2SIs

Got two galaxy express from Vodafone in two months.....both had turning off by itself problem.....one of these had a broken back cover too.....I returned both to Vodafone.BAD...BAD...BAD
I will stick to my HUAWEI MATE.....LOVE IT

• 2013-09-23 11:46
  • v}7w

This phone though not launched in india, its available. A local shop in virar(mumbai) quotes 22000 without bill.

• 2013-09-23 05:21
  • t}D2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-09-18 16:56 from t1$B - click to readIt's yet to be launched in India and nobody knows if it will ever be. So the question of it's availability in any Indian town doesn't arise - at least as of today ;-)

• 2013-09-21 16:39
  • 2SUU

There are rumors doing rounds that galaxy express along with ace3 are going to be released in India in October under a price range of 15000 INR. If that were to be true, then at such price bracket galaxy express will sell like a hot cakes.

• 2013-09-21 10:58
  • t}px

> In reply to guest @ 2013-09-18 08:52 from AeD1 - click to readSorry I should've been more clear. I searched for available networks under the wireless and networks settings and it managed to find Telstra 2g and 3g.
To my knowledge all i8730 use the same mobile frequencies
unless you bought the US model i437 which might be different.

I dunno if this helps but having had a few smartphones in the same location so far the express has given me slightly better reception with my provider.

• 2013-09-19 08:05
  • wfBV

Is samsung galaxy express i8730 available in patna????? Plz reply soon

• 2013-09-18 16:56
  • t1$B

> In reply to nostradmus @ 2013-09-17 14:31 from wfBV - click to readYou said you performed a 'network scan'. -I would be interested to know: Did you just check in settings /mobile networks /Network mode? -As this does not list specific frequencies within 3G. -Am I missing something? - I did read in the specifications on various review sites that Telstra's frequencies (including 850MHz)are supported, yet bad connectivity & the network speed did not indicate nextG connectivity... I contacted Samsung Australia and got referred to Samsung Hong Kong. (That's where I bought the phone, and is what made me consider that maybe in HK they don't include the nextG band.) Yet, customer service Hong Kong also confirmed that their phones do support 850MHz frequency. - I then rang Telstra tech support and got prompted to change Proxy settings and Authentication type, which indeed improved connectivity and speed. It's still a lot less then what my partner has on his old apple 4s. (In particular I cannot play German TV apps...) Hence I would be very curious about how you performed your network scan /if it shows frequencies.
Oh, if anyone else here want's to know if their phone supports nextG, there is a Telstra website that lets you enter your phone's IMEI to check if it supports nextG:http://www.telstra.com.au/mobi...ck-imei.h­tml (However, it did not return a result for me.)
Thx

• 2013-09-18 08:52
  • AeD1

> In reply to nostradmus @ 2013-09-17 14:31 from wfBV - click to readThanks guys...
Weirdly enough though I have (a lot) worse Telstra reception with the galaxy express than I used to have with my old galaxy ace (like 1-2 instead of 4 bars).
So, I'll check with Samsung customer care and post here if anything of general interest comes out of it.
Thanks again.
T

• 2013-09-18 03:46
  • AeD1

Just did a network scan. I'm with Optus but it managed to find Telstra 2G and 3G so I'm assuming it'll work. Plus I've read in numerous places that Telstras frequencies are supported.
Hope this helps.

• 2013-09-17 14:31
  • wfBV

> In reply to nostradmus @ 2013-09-16 11:13 from wfBV - click to readyup thats right dude,,,,,,,,,,,,,

• 2013-09-17 11:06
  • PE2g
Total of 294 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Express I8730.