Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.7
6.4
6.3

> In reply to Pierre @ 2011-07-24 13:31 from fXtb - click to readHi, can you post you number, then I'll sms you new settings that will work.

Craig

• 2011-07-25 14:07
  • Nh1%

> In reply to sam @ 2011-07-24 14:23 from KI65 - click to readfor Skype video calling you need a suported phone that's running Android 2.3 OS or above and the latest version of Skype for Android, with a front facing camera and chipset with NEON technology support. Source: Skype for Android help

• 2011-07-24 21:34
  • 3c78

i want to ask that does this set supports skype voice n video call plz any one tells me fast

• 2011-07-24 14:23
  • KI65
  • F

iJust got my new samsung s5660 phone but battle to download mms and can not get on to internet all the mms and internet settings have been done can any one help please. e-mail paroux@live.co.za

• 2011-07-24 13:31
  • fXtb

Yes Salin you can use skype....

• 2011-07-24 01:04
  • uW54

A great set, and i Must say i should post here the fixes to the only problem one might have. My phone had less batt time, so i installed Juice Defender App Free version, it makes it about 1.4 times the battery time with Wifi on the whole day It freezed randomly during the day, black screen and had to remove batt and put again to start the phone. Happened atleast once a day right from the first day. Here's a solution for that i found and worked for me.

1. on the key pad, type *#*#197328640#*#*
2. Select [1] Debug Screen
3. Select [8] Phone Control
4. Select [7] Network Control
5. Select [2] Band Selection
6. Select [2] GSM Band Preference []
7. Select [5] GSM 900

In step 7 try different bands to see on which band you can make calls. I'm having Froyo 2.2 with no upgrades to firmware

If the problem is still there, then in Advanced Wifi Settings, turn Wifi Sleep Policy to 'Never' and disable "apps sync data in background", only android market won't work without enabling it, otherwise every other application does.

I hope this helps..I love my phone and that's why i don't want you to miss such a great phone for such small bugs that can be fixed...

• 2011-07-24 01:00

1. on the key pad, type *#*#197328640#*#*
2. Select [1] Debug Screen
3. Select [8] Phone Control
4. Select [7] Network Control
5. Select [2] Band Selection
6. Select [2] GSM Band Preference[]
7. Select [5] GSM 900

In step 7 try different bands to see on which band you can make calls.

I'm having Froyo 2.2 with no upgrades to firmware

• 2011-07-24 00:54
  • uW54

can i download and use skype in this phone?

• 2011-07-24 00:36
  • mcut

> In reply to dina @ 2011-07-20 00:05 from fvx1 - click to readthank you. Tomorrow i will purchase it..

• 2011-07-23 19:00
  • uCwF

Is the phone really good because I am looking for a phone at the moment and I need good advice about this phone because I really want it.

• 2011-07-23 12:29
  • wgq$

well the battery quite sucks..the internal memory not.accomodate my needs..when the memory full..you have to uninstalled app to install another one..yybut i'm still using it..it's great phone though...for the price...and the processor same as ace..i.don't need camera and the flash...when u want to take pictures..use digicam or lsr...

• 2011-07-23 01:30
  • U}}B

Petty, I know, but does anyone know whether separate ringtones can be assigend to specific numbers?

• 2011-07-22 14:15
  • mFEC

• 2011-07-22 14:08
  • mFEC

thanku very much...............

• 2011-07-22 13:21
  • uWJi

Any idea about the battery timing while gtalk, gmail and facebook apps being used continuously.

• 2011-07-21 22:39
  • ITVT

> In reply to nehal @ 2011-07-21 12:18 from uWJ6 - click to readyes it does

• 2011-07-21 20:24
  • utPA

this has not upgrade to android 2.3.it cost about 200$us,It dosn't has flash for camera as mostsamsung mobile phone.

• 2011-07-21 20:16
  • nnUZ

guys does this phone support live wallpapers.....????

• 2011-07-21 12:18
  • uWJ6

how much did you guys buy it for? what is it's price?

• 2011-07-20 22:23
  • fuj7

Do you know when the official 2.3 update is going to be available?cause i would preffer not to root my phone

• 2011-07-20 21:49
  • LaG@
Total of 1707 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660.