Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

6.7
6.4
6.3

well the battery quite sucks..the internal memory not.accomodate my needs..when the memory full..you have to uninstalled app to install another one..yybut i'm still using it..it's great phone though...for the price...and the processor same as ace..i.don't need camera and the flash...when u want to take pictures..use digicam or lsr...

• 2011-07-23 01:30
  • U}}B

Petty, I know, but does anyone know whether separate ringtones can be assigend to specific numbers?

• 2011-07-22 14:15
  • mFEC

• 2011-07-22 14:08
  • mFEC

thanku very much...............

• 2011-07-22 13:21
  • uWJi

Any idea about the battery timing while gtalk, gmail and facebook apps being used continuously.

• 2011-07-21 22:39
  • ITVT

> In reply to nehal @ 2011-07-21 12:18 from uWJ6 - click to readyes it does

• 2011-07-21 20:24
  • utPA

this has not upgrade to android 2.3.it cost about 200$us,It dosn't has flash for camera as mostsamsung mobile phone.

• 2011-07-21 20:16
  • nnUZ

guys does this phone support live wallpapers.....????

• 2011-07-21 12:18
  • uWJ6

how much did you guys buy it for? what is it's price?

• 2011-07-20 22:23
  • fuj7

Do you know when the official 2.3 update is going to be available?cause i would preffer not to root my phone

• 2011-07-20 21:49
  • LaG@

> In reply to kostas @ 2011-07-20 00:11 from 001Y - click to readSound quality of speaker is not so good... and Headphone quality is gud with samsung headphone itself... if u buy someother like philps will be more enough...

• 2011-07-20 15:12
  • vIf$

hi.Can someone who owns the phone tell me about the sound quality and the loudness using the headphones?

• 2011-07-20 00:11
  • 001Y

> In reply to DAM KOOL @ 2011-07-15 21:33 from uCw5 - click to readactully i don't have wifi but if u wannna play alot of songs the battery is very storng and will stay FULL......actully i charge it every 2 days and the fon performance is amazing very fast and useful the camera is gooooood but with no shutter button is kinda diffcult but for its price it's the best foooooon ever

• 2011-07-20 00:05
  • fvx1

hello guys cn any1 tell me wen tis beutiful mobile wll launch in india......

• 2011-07-19 21:01
  • 2S%b

This or Huawei Ideos X3? Why? Thx

• 2011-07-18 23:26
  • mFF4

Would anyone recomend this phone in place of the galaxy fit ?

• 2011-07-18 16:43
  • mEa0

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-07-17 08:55 from utXx - click to readMy Gio lasts about 1 -2 days

• 2011-07-18 11:41
  • m{5x

I have this phone. I want to love it! Feels good, small but clear screen. Has lots of features and all those apps. BUT...this phone plays up. Was shutting down in stand by mode. Would reboot during a call. It is flakey. I used iphones before but felt they are over priced and hate being locked into itunes but saying that, I feel Androind is pretty crappy & sloppy, not as slick as iOS or stable but it has advantages by having good free apps.
Battery life is GOOD - just turn off the stuff you dont need on. Camera is OK but hard to work with a touch screen and no shutter button. Cant find any cases or covers for the as its quite a rare phone. They dont sell it in the UK high street yet.

This phone for the price is real good. Has issues and is a but flakey but then it is a quarter of the cost of a basic iPhone. I love it but it is an annoying phone when it fails on such important things like powering off and cutting off during a call.

I cant update anything as my mac OSX is too old. You need higher OS (10.5 or more) to use Kies. I cant do that which is really really lame. So how can I update unless I get a new mac? You need a PC for Kies and this phone. If you got an old mac like me...you're screwed.

Buy this phone if your are not cashed up and like to customise and hack it. If you want a reliable phone...this is not it.

• 2011-07-18 10:54
  • 0CC1

is Samsung galaxy gio release in India or not because it is not available in Ahmadabad plz send me ans. fast

• 2011-07-18 06:48
  • 2Zmm

I am using last 10 days. NEVER BUY THIS UNLESS YOU WANT TO PUT THIS CHARGER ALL THE TIME. This is not mobile, it needs charging every 4 hrs!!!!
Also shuts down without reason

• 2011-07-17 08:55
  • utXx
Total of 1697 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660.