Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 - user opinions and reviews

6.6
6.5

Hi there guys....
I'm using this phone almost for 1 year so
I won't tell u the specs of this phone bcz u all know this....I want to tell how complete the phone is.

Do you know Samsung makes it's all phones with a week point and makes another model to replace it. Bt the new model is not complete either, samsung must puts a new weekness to make a newer model by removing that weekness.....and the process goes on....
Being human we all love to know new things so we buy a whole mobile to get some extra features.
And after a few month the mobile gets old to us bcz of the new arraivals.

Moral is, as the upgradation process is increasing in geometric progress day by day...we have to stop running and grab one smartphone and use it for atleast one year. Dont u think I am right?

So there we need an average choice of close to perfect. Undoubtedly the mobile is galaxy grand. The only weekness of the phone is

1. No gorilla glass
2. No super amoled display
3. Low light photo without flash is poor
4. 5inch display is not enough for multi tasking

If atleast the phone got gorrila glass and amoled display then at this price no phone can compete with it.
Bt with this 4 weekness the phone is still the best bcz it is close to perfect.
U must be thinking the grand is perfect then what is s4? Then go and use s4....u will know that the 1gb ram is occupied always. I had a ace duos....it has the 512ram then always 300mb was already eaten by the system and in grand 450mb is always eaten. If more ram u hav got then more will be occupiedby the system...and believe me with installed 117 apps my galaxy grand is working smooth and 1gb ram (though it shows 804 mb) is enough to play a temple run oz minimizing the fb app whats app and line together. 1.2GHz is just enough.
And TFT LCD is not bad afterall. Using one year I have not faced any problems. Some people say that sunlight readability is worst. Yes I admit bt the word to describe the display should be "bad" not "worst" bcz I've seen way worse display than it. But when u r in indoor the brightness will be much more than you need. And believe me in evening if u go out then ur display in automatic brightness will look fantastic.

Now the camera. No comment for daylight photography bcz I own 14megapix sony cybershot and when I compared I was satisfied with the photos of my grand. And if you print those picture in regular size then you will not notice much difference at least not as much difference which cost you 20thousand more
In a dark room without any light where u cant see your hands.....go there and take a picture with flash. Everything will be clear. The light is comparable to a 20watt CFL.
And last thing is the video.....u hav to buy one to realize what I am saying. 1080p recording is soooooo...good just I am satisfied. U cant imagine the video quality. The 8min video recording will be 1gb.

Overall I am telling u to go for this phone because....this is the only choice having most of features of high end phones and having weekness u can neglect.

You should know that the amoled screen is lovely bt under sulight it is as worse as TFT and until you punch your screen to show friends how cool your phone is....then u wont be needing the gorrila glass.
If u ask about accidental damages then I say that this phone can easily bear accidental drop from ur hand bcz I've already dropped my phone many times.....there are scars bt not much damage.

Battery life is very good because I use the phone all the day. From morning 8am the phone wakes then 30min call from girlfriend then after I reach college the wifi remains turn on untill 4pm....doing 100sms per day....after college 30min call then 1hr of game like temple run oz and hill climb racing....then call 30min and result battery 2-3% then put to charge

I want to tell more but some people will find boring so guys go for the phone if u want....I always read reviews from flipkart everyday this phone is the best choice under 20thousand. And as an advice new 4.2.2 update is now stable for grand....now it does not lag at all as I am an rough user.
Btw good luck guys. will be happy if anyone got help from this.

• 2013-12-18 08:52
  • Xuwh

> In reply to irongeek @ 2013-12-17 17:11 from iKyp - click to readWhat is build no

• 2013-12-18 07:21
  • K8Tm

guys come on can any can explian me i need to buy a mob samsung galaxy grand or nokia 625 please repy me guys.. i dont which mob to buy my

• 2013-12-18 04:27
  • 7qLy

> In reply to indra @ 2013-12-17 14:21 from 61yK - click to readYes, me too. It's just a 12.41 MB update and it brought so much devastation on my Galaxy Grand. It lags like $#!, most of the apps failed to work that I uninstalled them because the notification to close or send a report keeps popping up , waking up the phone takes forever, even the home button is unresponsive, lcd screen has also become unresponsive. Samsung, please fix. Thanks.

• 2013-12-17 17:11
  • iKyp

Last update december is bad, make my grand lagging, slow, and hang

• 2013-12-17 14:21
  • 61yK

> In reply to jith @ 2013-12-16 16:32 from U@ZI - click to readhow can u compare a samsung company to a canvas company they r total different 1 ..

• 2013-12-17 12:29
  • vGQk

how can you compare a canvas company to a Samsung company please explain...

• 2013-12-17 12:27
  • vGQk

new 18.91 mb update has just rolled out. what is that? any ideas? ?

• 2013-12-17 12:04
  • KxbQ

i m also using the same grand i9082 from 6 months in 4.2.1 after upgraded 4.2.2 its become a deadly.... every sec its hanged... only hanged....always hanged...

• 2013-12-17 11:12
  • bEQf

The phone hangs most of the time

• 2013-12-17 10:54
  • t1$A

can i downgrade me phone version?
yesterday i upgrade my phone to latest version n it cause my phone became so lags...
what must i do?

• 2013-12-17 07:42
  • wr2n

> In reply to ram @ 2013-12-15 07:21 from wdRD - click to readYour power socket of the wall was faulty not the phone.

• 2013-12-17 07:16
  • bCqn

> In reply to D @ 2013-12-16 11:58 from HsFI - click to readXperia c LG gprolite dual and grand . check them and decide.

• 2013-12-17 07:06
  • bCqn

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-16 19:26 from YQVP - click to readAre you a MMX canvas 4 user?Where are its service centres tell me?

• 2013-12-17 07:04
  • bCqn

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-16 19:26 from YQVP - click to readcanvas 4 battery life is very very bad...... its talk time 8 hours otherwise grand talk time 11 hours.......
canvas 4 battery stanby time 220 hours otherwise grand stanby time 440 hours....i mean galaxy grand is so better..

• 2013-12-17 02:21
  • vQ{6

> In reply to santy @ 2013-12-16 09:58 from bEK% - click to readthis cellphone is nothing compared to canvas 4 because
1.it often lags .
2.camera quality is bad.
3.1 gb of ram is useless.
4.not good 4 gaming.
5.price is too high.
this phone really sucks but canvas 4 rocks....

• 2013-12-16 19:26

> In reply to anonymous @ 2013-12-15 11:35 from Nvdt - click to readYes
Go to wi fi settings

• 2013-12-16 13:40
  • tUam
Total of 9898 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082.