Samsung Galaxy Light - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

5.0
5.3
5.3

this phone is not good. Battery life sucks. It constantly reboots when it slows down. It crashes a lot too. I wasted my precious $100 on this garbage.

• 2015-07-04 21:29
  • q8ay

> In reply to Kk @ 2015-05-17 00:32 from 4HmN - click to readIf you go into your notification settings you should see something that says wake up screen when you get a call or text!

• 2015-06-17 08:28
  • q8Zh

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-06-09 20:53 from QTfw - click to readUhh... why? I don't think anyone can blindly take your word for it. Anyone relatively intelligent would want to know what your evidence/reasons are for the claim that you want them to accept. So... Why?

• 2015-06-16 19:05
  • DSi$

Great phone for very little Money.
I paid over $800 for my Galaxy Note 4 and this Phone was less than $50-.
The Phone works fine and easy to use. And I added a Memory SD Card. Well worth the Money. Using it with Metro PCS on the T-Mobile Network.
4g lte

• 2015-06-15 16:50
  • Ibx4

> In reply to Kk @ 2015-05-17 00:32 from 4HmN - click to readUm, when I get a message on this phone, it makes a noise and vibrates because I set it up to do so. None the less, there are ways to install Lollipop on this phone and then u can have this feature (it will supposedly flash your rear camera LED). The point is, u paid peanuts for this phone, and u expect it to have features of its most expensive counterparts?

BTW, the samsung galaxy light is awesome! I can txt, call, and surf the web simultaneously with no lag or freezing. Never drops calls, WiFi calling is perfect, plays any and all games with no problems... even system intensive games like Madden Mobile... and I don't even have high speed data left! This phone does almost everything my old S3 did, no problem. Great phone! I have the Metro PCS phone, btw.

• 2015-06-12 05:38
  • Ibx7

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-05-19 04:57 from fuvx - click to readThis phone sinks all the way around , if you thinking about getting one don't !!!

• 2015-06-09 20:53
  • QTfw

I shouldn't complain for $30 and $20-30/mo for unlimited everything, but the battery drains too fast. I do not like how the software is different from my old motorola droid original. I know it's to be expected, but it is makes it ever so slightly difficult. The autocorrect on the keyboard is downright atrocious, and I haven't seen any way of disabling it so far. I may just google that soon to find out.
Honestly the price was the only reason I got this phone, because Samsung left me sour when their Tab 2 broke for my dad. That just kept rebooting with just the reboot logo.

• 2015-06-08 17:39
  • Y79H

just to clear up the confusion on the price of the phone metro pcs have authorized dealers and franchises another words they're crooks one will sell it to you for a hundred another for 50 another for 40 there's a metro on every corner in America just go to two or three you'll find it for 40

• 2015-06-04 14:13
  • kNeD

> In reply to arlene429 @ 2015-04-23 20:38 from k7c4 - click to readGo back to the store and they will fix it

• 2015-05-26 18:00
  • YY6A

> In reply to Rick @ 2015-05-13 10:06 from 6E71 - click to readThe battery is most likely an anomaly. Take it to the shop you bought it and replace it for free. If you have metro pcs, you may need to find a corporate owned store as private franchisees usually avoid returns for some reason.

• 2015-05-26 17:56
  • YY6A

> In reply to Narendra Modi @ 2015-05-08 02:10 from q{xE - click to readSome batteries are defective from some manufacturing hiccup. Of you JUST got the phone and noticed right away, they will replace it at a corporate store (private franchises sometimes don't do this). If it had been months, that's on you for not dealing with it immediately and is about 30 bucks. After you get a new one, please fix your review so we know that the phone is good

• 2015-05-26 17:49
  • YY6A

> In reply to Narendra Modi @ 2015-05-08 02:10 from q{xE - click to readDude your battery is dead,thankfully you can change it easily get yourself a new one cos i don't see why all the factors that drain battery are off and you still haven't figured that its dead.

• 2015-05-19 04:57
  • fuvx

For the price, it's not bad. But it doesn't have a front facing LED notification light! The only way to see if you have any messages of missed calls is to turn on the screen. Luxury complaint for sure, but it is majorly inconvenient! So, incredibly majorly inconvenient. To the point where I don't even take my phone places with me.

• 2015-05-17 00:32
  • 4HmN

> In reply to robie46 @ 2015-02-08 04:54 from kR7x - click to readThis inexpensive Samsung is a great buy. My Samsung Note 4 cost me $850 and does not much more than this Galaxy Light for under $50usd

• 2015-05-14 07:35
  • jLBm

> In reply to 123456 @ 2015-02-25 18:26 from FECg - click to readMetro will sell the Phone without activation. Price is $48.99
Galaxy Light has good reviews.

• 2015-05-14 07:30
  • jLBm

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-04-04 16:46 from Ibxs - click to readI got my Samung Light 9 May 2015.
Had problem one time. Phone wouldn't turn on. Reinstalled Battery and is ok. Samsung is a good Product.
Also use Note 4

• 2015-05-14 07:27
  • jLBm

hard to understand the caller or called. Looses connection easy, for me; I made a $100 mistake. Battery is dead in 6 calls of any length. If you are in motion, expect to be disconnected.

• 2015-05-13 10:06
  • 6E71

Samsung Galaxy Light SGH-T399 8GB review

This phone has a HORRIBLE battery.
And yeah .. I am very well informed how battery can be saved & I have tried ONE & ALL possible remedies. Still I have to charge it every day & battery drains out without even talking or using internet.
I have downloaded only 4 apps on it & have disabled automatic updates, dont use gps, / blutooth, / or ant thing that would consume power. have shut down mobile data, use juice defender app in aggressive mode, keep brightness to minimum level. EVEN THEN THIS MONSTER DRAINS OUT BATTERY IN stand by mode!!
rest all is great about this phone :)

• 2015-05-08 02:10
  • q{xE

samsung galaxy light is wonderfull mobile. I m using this phonem I have no any complain from this mobile. this mobile is so pretty and I like this most. I love samsung galaxy light

• 2015-04-30 08:47
  • fBhp

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-04-26 14:56 from 4ySH - click to readSounds like the battery might be bad. Does it display how full it thinks the battery is if you tap the power button just once. I have a different phone, but it displayed 0% battery fullness, but when I held the power button to turn it on, it acted like your description.

• 2015-04-29 23:26
  • 9yM1
Total of 244 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Light.