Samsung Galaxy Light - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

5.0
5.3
5.3

> In reply to robie46 @ 2015-02-08 04:54 from kR7x - click to readexactly you get what you pay for some peeps just don't know

• 2015-03-02 14:37
  • NJK4

I got the galaxy light for my daughter. We can't use it because it keeps putting up message saying sim locked and now it says sim card not inserted. What do I do? Is the phone no good?

• 2015-03-02 10:01
  • Iudm

> In reply to Kristin @ 2015-02-16 04:56 from I0ha - click to readNice machine...bam..

• 2015-03-01 08:16
  • 4}JX

• 2015-03-01 07:59
  • 4}JX

I want to buy this phone but metro had told me that they don't sell the phone and I was wondering if is it just 50$ or do you have to have an account with metro an order to have that price and I also wonder if it's possible if I could just buy the phone and not activate it in the same day? Or do I have do both ^

• 2015-02-25 18:26
  • FECg

I bought this on CyberMonday at the MetroPCS Store and have absolutely loved the performance of this phone. The one downer is the camera crashes too often. I have to restart the built-in camera app 2 or 3 times, on occasion. I have downloaded a 3rd Party app, which gets the job done with a lot less trouble.
Other than that one blemish, the phone is an absolute gem!

• 2015-02-22 04:27
  • qbIq

> In reply to robie46 @ 2015-02-08 04:54 from kR7x - click to readI pd $44 @ metropcs for ours & absolutely Love it! Our very 1st cell phone & have no problems with clear calls & FB works great too...! Got phone in Dec, have always been a computer/laptop person decided to join kids & grand kids with phone :D Husband likes simple I like it all & this little phone has a lot to offer for what paid for plus can sneak up on our lil dog & video her & take pics & she doesn't hide like with camera ... k

• 2015-02-17 05:52
  • jUD8

I bought this phone in october of 2014 I absolutely hate it. It freezes up I get dropped calls constantly I've had MetroPCS for 4 years this phone is by far the worst phone I've ever had! The first few weeks were ok the picture quality is pretty poor amazingly enough the video recording is good it keeps erasing contacts, erasing photos it's just not a good phone it takes forever to do anything to get on the internet or even make a call. It is just a pain definitely would not recommend this phone. I'm looking into a new phone. Hope this helps you.

• 2015-02-16 04:56
  • I0ha

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-29 13:36 from 4a1$ - click to readI don't know what many of these reviewers are expecting from a phone that costs less than fifty dollars. I have had a few problems with freezeups where I have to restart the phone or take out and put back in the battery to reset it and a couple of lost calls but nothing major and I don't expect the quality of a five hundred dollar phone which I would get if I could afford one. You get what you pay for and I am happy with what I got for my fifty dollars.

• 2015-02-08 04:54
  • kR7x

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-12-15 18:31 from Y1B9 - click to readWe also live in Florida, ( Jacksonville ) and looking @ same phone, so I am thinking you are so right about the location. Thanks for your input.

• 2015-02-01 22:07
  • q8tT

I bought this phone and have had problems especially as the internet 8 GB internal memory got close to being filled. From a previous phone I purchased. I found out a Master Cache Wipe on the galaxy light cannot be accomplished. It's a feature that is part of the Android recovery system that you do while the phone is off. I found out what that was when I purchased my first Android phone which had a low internal memory and because of having a bunch of music, which I did transfer onto an SD card I got but after a while I got a low memory and low server icon and the only way to get rid of them was by doing a master cache wipe petition. On a Galaxy light you do it when the phone is off by holding the power button down, volume button up and the menu button down. You'll see a few things go by like the name of the phone and so forth and then you'll see the Android recovery system in blue letters and with that you'll see a list of like 5 functions from reboot to master reset and one of them is wipe cash petition. When I did that it says processing and then you see error real quick at the bottom with the Android on its back its stomach open and a red triangle with an exclamation point and at the bottom of the screen it'll say error, failed. I've came across seven of these phones at various stores and sent mine back twice and the same results. Samsung told me to bring it to Best Buy and have one of their techs do a software reflash which is nothing like a software update and after the tech put it on the laptop he said it can't be done. He unplugged this phone and plugged in another samsung and showed me exactly the difference. The Samsung phone he plugged in and showed me the difference was a different Samsung and said the light is a lemon. Since most people out there don't know what a master cache wipe is if you have a galaxy light, please do this. I play guitar I would bet my left pinky finger that every galaxy light that anybody tries doing this to will fail! And if you find the same thing. Please bombard Samsung with your complaints because they said they wouldn't own up to the phone and this is all within 6 months of me buying and owning this phone. T- mobile just kept passing the buck and so forth and I've been getting the runaround. So please check this out and inundate Samsung and
T- mobile with these complaints. I went out and spent good money for the accessories and I don't buy the cheap ones thatnsell for less. I'm getting a Samsung Avant of which I've heard pros and cons on but I'm getting with T Mobile postpaid and they have a lot more room to replace your phone with equal or above equal phone phone not something lesser. After replacing it twice and if it's defective and still hascthe same problem. I paid 269 for my galaxy light phone and now they're phasing out this phone with the Avant. I don't have the money to get a better phone. The Avant is practically equal to the S4. So check it out for yourself galaxy light owners. I have found out and pretty much came across this on my own by trying to do a master cache wipe. When it comes to getting rid of junk that your CM Clean Master app, which is an excellent. If anybody that doesn't have it get it for their phone from the Google play store. It's free a does alot of good for your phone but the master cash wife is 10 times better than doing the cache wipe in your settings and that frees up a lot of things with your phone like drag. So forth if you have a galaxy light you're not going to be able to do it, that is a Master Cache Wipe. If anybody out there has one where it can be done let me know, I'll be surprised. Sincerely, TS.

• 2015-01-30 21:08
  • RbXn

I bought the LG motion in 2013 and unfortunately it started to become outdated by mid 2014. I bought the Samsung Galaxy Light in November 2014 and it's best performance was below par with my LG Motion at it's worst performance. It keeps freezing and forcing me to remove the battery, The brightness changes sometimes without any interfering, it would take a while to make phone calls sometimes, it is very unreliable so far. It works when it wants to work. I'd say don't buy it, stick to something else for a little more next time.

• 2015-01-30 07:04
  • 0i}u

> In reply to anonymous @ 2014-12-03 12:02 from ibj5 - click to readMy wife and I have had a bunch of android cell phones as well as the the Iphone. The IPhone far outperformed every single android we ever owned and I hate Apple products because they hold you hostage with their products by being unique in every aspect of operation. But, in all fairness, the Iphones work nearly flawless and their photo quality is second to none. The one and only major problem we had was when talking we were constantly told by the party on the other end of the line that they couldn't understand what we were saying because our voice audio sounded as if it was o verdriven in volume. As far as Android phones. Well, the list of problems is endless. Battery life sucks. Licks up. Slows down. Camera photo quality sucks. Dropped signals. Missed texts and calls. And on and on to no end. My choice the next time? I honestly can't say but I'm sure I will find plenty to complain about.

• 2015-01-29 19:55
  • qp5E

> In reply to TM @ 2015-01-13 14:34 from Ibxp - click to readGreat first phone,but battery time sucks.

• 2015-01-27 12:01
  • Ibxc
  • F

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-12-15 18:31 from Y1B9 - click to readMine Samsung Galaxy Light was working fine until today. It doesnt work anymore....

• 2015-01-16 13:24
  • 4$4F

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-11-14 01:23 from YYVJ - click to readI hear you, having the exact same problem and I'm pissed off.

• 2015-01-13 14:34
  • Ibxp

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-01-09 15:58 from qAb1 - click to readMy Metro LG Motion did stop working four months ago. It had been a totally reliable phone, and I prefer it to this damn Galaxy Light.

• 2015-01-13 14:25
  • Ibxp

> In reply to dano @ 2015-01-13 00:52 from 4$EE - click to readI have the same problem with my phone freezing up. It has become intolerable as hours have gone by when I unknowingly have missed calls.

• 2015-01-13 14:19
  • Ibxp

i wanted a smaller phone because i hate how big phones are getting now. i wish i liked this phone but it gets slow for no reason, and freezes a lot. i dont know if it's t-mobile or what but it also likes to update apps during peak usage times and that slows EVERYTHING down

• 2015-01-13 00:52
  • 4$EE

Have used this phone for almost 2 months. Works fine, screen looks good and I like the size of it. Performs well enough for everything I use. My guess is that this is plenty of phone for 90% of people.

• 2015-01-12 01:09
  • qNn{
Total of 208 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Light.