Samsung Galaxy Light - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

5.1
5.5
5.5

> In reply to sach @ 2014-08-17 14:52 from 49kE - click to readTurn off LTE, Will get better signal strength.

• 2014-08-21 07:39
  • 4@$1

> In reply to sach @ 2014-08-17 14:52 from 49kE - click to readTurn off LTE, Will get strong signal.

• 2014-08-21 07:34
  • 4@$1

I have used this phone for two weeks. It's my first smartphone, but its performance is disappointing. The pre installed Navigation's voice commands stopped in the middle of my first use and never worked after that, so I tried installing TeleNav and then Scout apps...the same problem. Then it disconnected itself in cities I have previously used the phone with success, leaving me unable to make/take calls, texts, and unable to use internet. T-Mobile rep saw the 4GLTE symbol on phone disappeared and he reset it by taking the battery out.

• 2014-08-18 17:08
  • kS6P

I loved it personally it was an awesome phone but I ended up giving it to my brother and he loves it but most of the time it depends on the carrier

• 2014-08-17 23:28
  • q84I

> In reply to Alligator1 @ 2014-08-02 13:40 from Y7a{ - click to readi would agree this has been a horrible experience calls keep dropping or there are no bars although other phones have 2 or 3 bars same service

• 2014-08-17 14:52
  • 49kE

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Light and had it for about 60 days. My first Android phone and a great disappointment so much so that I took it back. I kept on losing call, calls not going through and many many times the phone would not let me make calls. My old tracfone I never had this problem with. When I took it back I was told other people had complained of the very same thing. Very disappointed!

• 2014-08-02 13:40
  • Y7a{

Just got this phone last week. Got it for $50 at Walmart with the back to school sale on Univison Mobile box. I gave my Dad my old S2 and loving the LTE speeds on it. This is my first LTE phone have a 2013 Nexus 7 tablet. I just put the google now launcher on it runs like a Nexus now. I like the size was going to get a used s3 but really like how 4 inches fits in my pocket. I still have a galaxy exhbit as a backup if this handset gets lost or stolen.

• 2014-08-02 08:57
  • IxSY

My son's mother has this "galaxy light" she has been through two galaxy light and the result has been the same. Frizzy most of the times and when she turns it off it won't start right away, in my experience, just like someone wrote... all this positive feedback must be coming from t-mobile's employees or shareholders. I would rather buy something pre owned of better quality.

• 2014-08-02 04:51
  • Ibxx

I honestly am an apple fan but this phone is ok i guess. Its good for anyone on a budget who needs a phone. Not a person who likes to take professional hd pictures..just not the quality your looking for

• 2014-07-21 09:09
  • j{q{

> In reply to Grace @ 2014-02-28 02:11 from 0aRb - click to readChange to GSM/WCDMA preferred in your network settings and it should solve your problem. Also, be sure to change preference to data > wifi, otherwise, it will drop calls switching between wifi and cellular.

• 2014-07-11 10:52
  • 7BCa

> In reply to Pragati @ 2014-06-03 11:50 from 9xcC - click to readT-mobile's best text/data plan is only $30, so that doesn't even make sense. A $99 phone with 5gb LTE (45mbps at my home) is as cheap a phone and plan as you can get. Period.

• 2014-07-11 10:47
  • 7BCa

This phone has the easiest root I've ever done. 2 downloads and a single click. It will solve any and all bloat/memory/speed problems using Titanium Backup's freeze option, and Greenify's hibernate.

• 2014-07-11 10:43
  • 7BCa

Used this for the past four months. Mostly used just for phone and for email and internet browsing. Works well enough for that, and not having to pay the price for extra features is great. Comes with plenty of bloatware that is poor, I de-activated or removed as mush as I could. I've noticed things getting slower over time, that could be T mobile's unreliable service, or I may have to do some more cache upkeeping. Considering backing up and factory resetting. Looking forward to KitKat update. Hope the phone lasts long term because I am happy with it.

• 2014-06-23 20:30
  • YHvR

Have had and been using phone for a month now. It's a decent phone. That's about it. It reboots itself often and if you run more than 2 or 3 apps at once the phone will noticeably slow down and sometimes crash. Sluggish, can't keep up with me.

• 2014-06-19 04:47
  • RbqE

> In reply to Pragati @ 2014-06-03 11:50 from 9xcC - click to readActually, it's an excellent phone, for most people on a budget, or anyone who prefers a smaller sized phone. It has a lot to offer, similar to it's big brother (feature-wise). However, If you have the money to piss away, and prefer a phablet, Galaxy Mega, Note 3, or just a big phone, such as the Galaxy S4, or S5, and don't mind the bulky phones, then this phone's not for you. It can be bought for as little as $126.00, shipped to your door now. Walmart has this phone in the Univision packaging, for $169.99 now. A T-Mobile sim card can be purchased at Walgreens for only $10.00, plus tax. A heavy duty case with belt clip & screen protector can be found cheap on Amazon.com.

• 2014-06-05 17:35
  • 7E%K

Have used this phone for several weeks now and I feel all the positive reviews must be coming from either Samsung employees or stock holders or T-mobile employees. Anybody spending the kind of money that a T-mobile data plan requires isn't going to be very happy with this little plastic turd

• 2014-06-03 11:50
  • 9xcC

> In reply to Aries @ 2014-05-16 04:52 from s9DJ - click to readthanks for reply

• 2014-06-03 11:48
  • 9xcC
  • F

I have been using it for past six months. Great phone in its price category. I used S2 and HTC mytouch4gSlide before and I must say that Its faster then both. Battery is much much better. I am satisfied with the cameras and the good news is Samsung has added it in list of devices which will get KitKat Update.

• 2014-05-16 04:52
  • s9DJ

> In reply to Isaiah @ 2014-05-11 07:54 from 4%mj - click to readHow can you possibly believe that?!

• 2014-05-13 16:56
  • mASC

> In reply to modoz @ 2014-05-02 00:40 from 0aGT - click to readI hope your right because I'm getting this phone and I want to feel like its a lot better than my galaxy s2

• 2014-05-11 07:54
  • 4%mj
Total of 143 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Light.