Samsung Galaxy Light - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

5.1
5.5
5.5

The phone is OK. It has an OK performance but the battery sucks. I had to buy 2 batteries and the phone won't charge. It keeps saying "Battery Disconnected" again and again. I can never trust that the phone is fully charged because if it is charged at 100% and turn it off because it acts weird, a minute after the batter goes all the way down to 1%. It is so frustrating and I'm getting annoyed of it. I've had this for almost an year and it's been like this for almost a month. So if u want an average performance phone buy it but if u rage easily, don't buy this phone.

• 2014-09-20 05:42
  • kZip

i am buy mobile Samsung galaxy light12000

• 2014-09-11 17:00
  • sSPY

I got this phone a week ago and have had to call customer service 3 times. Poor service and the phone is a headache. My old flip phone(HA) worked better than this.

• 2014-09-04 00:13
  • Ydsx
  • copier repair woman
  • Rating0

I purchased this phone thinking it would be a good phone, boy was I wrong. I had a Samsung galaxy II 4G and it worked well, though the battery life was limited.
I need to use wifi for calling when in my home home and frequently it shows full bars but calls do not come in to it. It drops calls frequently when I am just out on the road and using the 4g. I have complained to t-mobile and they have replaced the phone twice with the same model and the results are always the same. I have upgraded the firmware, upgraded the router firmware, and tried everything t mobile suggested and have given up as every time they tell me give us just 3 days and we will get it going, meanwhile I use it for work and am never quite sure I get the calls. I have found if I turn it off then on whenever I come home it works most of the time, though if I forget to do it when I get home I am out of luck it won't get the incoming calls. I feel ripped off.

• 2014-09-03 01:46
  • 4YYH

> In reply to sach @ 2014-08-17 14:52 from 49kE - click to readTurn off LTE, Will get better signal strength.

• 2014-08-21 07:39
  • 4@$1

> In reply to sach @ 2014-08-17 14:52 from 49kE - click to readTurn off LTE, Will get strong signal.

• 2014-08-21 07:34
  • 4@$1

I have used this phone for two weeks. It's my first smartphone, but its performance is disappointing. The pre installed Navigation's voice commands stopped in the middle of my first use and never worked after that, so I tried installing TeleNav and then Scout apps...the same problem. Then it disconnected itself in cities I have previously used the phone with success, leaving me unable to make/take calls, texts, and unable to use internet. T-Mobile rep saw the 4GLTE symbol on phone disappeared and he reset it by taking the battery out.

• 2014-08-18 17:08
  • kS6P

I loved it personally it was an awesome phone but I ended up giving it to my brother and he loves it but most of the time it depends on the carrier

• 2014-08-17 23:28
  • q84I

> In reply to Alligator1 @ 2014-08-02 13:40 from Y7a{ - click to readi would agree this has been a horrible experience calls keep dropping or there are no bars although other phones have 2 or 3 bars same service

• 2014-08-17 14:52
  • 49kE

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Light and had it for about 60 days. My first Android phone and a great disappointment so much so that I took it back. I kept on losing call, calls not going through and many many times the phone would not let me make calls. My old tracfone I never had this problem with. When I took it back I was told other people had complained of the very same thing. Very disappointed!

• 2014-08-02 13:40
  • Y7a{

Just got this phone last week. Got it for $50 at Walmart with the back to school sale on Univison Mobile box. I gave my Dad my old S2 and loving the LTE speeds on it. This is my first LTE phone have a 2013 Nexus 7 tablet. I just put the google now launcher on it runs like a Nexus now. I like the size was going to get a used s3 but really like how 4 inches fits in my pocket. I still have a galaxy exhbit as a backup if this handset gets lost or stolen.

• 2014-08-02 08:57
  • IxSY

My son's mother has this "galaxy light" she has been through two galaxy light and the result has been the same. Frizzy most of the times and when she turns it off it won't start right away, in my experience, just like someone wrote... all this positive feedback must be coming from t-mobile's employees or shareholders. I would rather buy something pre owned of better quality.

• 2014-08-02 04:51
  • Ibxx

I honestly am an apple fan but this phone is ok i guess. Its good for anyone on a budget who needs a phone. Not a person who likes to take professional hd pictures..just not the quality your looking for

• 2014-07-21 09:09
  • j{q{

> In reply to Grace @ 2014-02-28 02:11 from 0aRb - click to readChange to GSM/WCDMA preferred in your network settings and it should solve your problem. Also, be sure to change preference to data > wifi, otherwise, it will drop calls switching between wifi and cellular.

• 2014-07-11 10:52
  • 7BCa

> In reply to Pragati @ 2014-06-03 11:50 from 9xcC - click to readT-mobile's best text/data plan is only $30, so that doesn't even make sense. A $99 phone with 5gb LTE (45mbps at my home) is as cheap a phone and plan as you can get. Period.

• 2014-07-11 10:47
  • 7BCa

This phone has the easiest root I've ever done. 2 downloads and a single click. It will solve any and all bloat/memory/speed problems using Titanium Backup's freeze option, and Greenify's hibernate.

• 2014-07-11 10:43
  • 7BCa

Used this for the past four months. Mostly used just for phone and for email and internet browsing. Works well enough for that, and not having to pay the price for extra features is great. Comes with plenty of bloatware that is poor, I de-activated or removed as mush as I could. I've noticed things getting slower over time, that could be T mobile's unreliable service, or I may have to do some more cache upkeeping. Considering backing up and factory resetting. Looking forward to KitKat update. Hope the phone lasts long term because I am happy with it.

• 2014-06-23 20:30
  • YHvR

Have had and been using phone for a month now. It's a decent phone. That's about it. It reboots itself often and if you run more than 2 or 3 apps at once the phone will noticeably slow down and sometimes crash. Sluggish, can't keep up with me.

• 2014-06-19 04:47
  • RbqE

> In reply to Pragati @ 2014-06-03 11:50 from 9xcC - click to readActually, it's an excellent phone, for most people on a budget, or anyone who prefers a smaller sized phone. It has a lot to offer, similar to it's big brother (feature-wise). However, If you have the money to piss away, and prefer a phablet, Galaxy Mega, Note 3, or just a big phone, such as the Galaxy S4, or S5, and don't mind the bulky phones, then this phone's not for you. It can be bought for as little as $126.00, shipped to your door now. Walmart has this phone in the Univision packaging, for $169.99 now. A T-Mobile sim card can be purchased at Walgreens for only $10.00, plus tax. A heavy duty case with belt clip & screen protector can be found cheap on Amazon.com.

• 2014-06-05 17:35
  • 7E%K

Have used this phone for several weeks now and I feel all the positive reviews must be coming from either Samsung employees or stock holders or T-mobile employees. Anybody spending the kind of money that a T-mobile data plan requires isn't going to be very happy with this little plastic turd

• 2014-06-03 11:50
  • 9xcC
Total of 147 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Light.