Samsung Galaxy Light - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

5.2
5.6
5.6

This phone is alright, but be aware that you really do get what you pay for. The specs on paper make it seem like a very good phone, but too bad, as of right now on Android 4.2.2, it's decent at best. The TouchWiz interface Samsung puts on all of their phones is alright, but I'd ditch it for another launcher like NovaLauncher. The front facing camera is terrible. It's grainy most of the time and the pictures are just generally dark even is really good lighting. The back camera is fine, though. Decent outside, but not so hot indoors.
Once past that, the phone, like I said, is decent. You can pretty much run any normal app on it. Gaming is a bit minimal and I wouldn't recommend playing any graphically intensive game on it.
The screen isn't an in an HD resolution (400 x 800) and the pixel density isn't as high as the high-end phones, but the screen still gets the job done. One of the best non-HD screens I've seen on a phone. Call quality is good, too. Not to forget, the phone comes with LTE, which is pretty good depending on where you are.
If you're looking for a basic smartphone and your money situation is a bit tight, I'd say go ahead. I recommend, though, giving it a try before you buy.

• 2014-04-16 03:02
  • 4YbX

will it be available in malaysia?
very pocket friendly, just like galaxy wonder

• 2014-04-09 13:59
  • IVNq

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-25 22:33 from 4$iV - click to readLook in Bluetooth manual....there is sometimes a pairing code. Mine has one...

• 2014-04-04 15:48
  • 4Z5K

This phone in 2014 is perfect. Pocket friendly with all the features one would need. I bought 3 of these phones for members of the family and so far no issues.

• 2014-03-26 19:41
  • kRa7

this smartphone when coming in t-mobile macedonia ??

• 2014-03-19 23:51
  • 3bmY

I do not like this phone. Ive had it a week and it has already frozen on me a couple times. Shut off and restarted on its own 3 times. The connectivity is normally pretty good but not always. Screen is to small. I was actually looking forward to this phone but after only a week I am so irritated and frustrated with it. I am on the Jump plan so Ill probably just pay off the half I need to pay and upgrade ASAP. Very disappointed.

• 2014-03-19 21:59
  • RbX0

> In reply to Grace @ 2014-02-28 02:11 from 0aRb - click to readI agree. As a mobile entertainment device it's great! As a phone it's disappointing.

• 2014-03-05 15:23
  • 4SAf

This mobile avilable in QATAR.........?

• 2014-03-01 20:32
  • Sq6M

The Galaxy light is fast, lag free and with the worst reception I have ever had in a phone. The hand off from GSM to HSPA to LTE is awful. In low signal areas expect the battery to drain very fast as the phone cannot quite decide to just keep GSM and keeps trying to get HSPA or especially LTE. It's ability to hold signal in low moderate to low signal areas is abysmal.

• 2014-02-28 02:11
  • 0aRb

Samsung Galaxy Light unclocked for global gsm, beacuse I like to buy this phone

• 2014-02-23 01:25
  • 3bmY

useless without Radio. surprise being a reputed company without radio.

• 2014-02-14 08:11
  • FYjI

> In reply to Daytona @ 2014-01-28 17:31 from j@Np - click to readThank you. I had a feeling about that.

• 2014-02-12 18:29
  • LCqV

Have used this phone for several weeks now and I feel all the positive reviews must be coming from either Samsung employees or stock holders or T-mobile employees. Anybody spending the kind of money that a T-mobile data plan requires isn't going to be very happy with this little plastic turd.

• 2014-02-08 17:24
  • 4Yqj

this is so nice smartphone, but need upgrade Android 4.4 Kit Kat, please possible as soon

• 2014-02-05 17:10

Best kept secret.

This phone has tremendous bang for the buck. I bought it for 149.00 sans contract as a more pocketable companion and back up phone to my Galaxy Note 3. Unlike the Note, It's small enough to take comfortably as a jogging buddy. It has LTE, 8gb on onboard, memory, NFC, and many other features that you don't normally find on phones of this price range. It has a standard definition screen but it's a very good one. Performance wise, it wont break any speed records but I haven't found any lags or hiccups.

It's basically T-Mobile's answer to the Galaxy S4 Mini. It ships with Android 4.2.2. I hope it gets the Kit Kat update

• 2014-01-31 23:21
  • Q6IH

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-25 22:33 from 4$iV - click to readEnter 4 zeros

• 2014-01-29 18:46
  • IbxH

Great phone, no lag.

• 2014-01-29 08:18
  • 7EYR

Very nice phone. The battery life is great if you have the LTE/data turned off. After over 5 days my battery was still at 17%.

Specs lists are incorrect about the sd card, it can use a 64gb as per the owners manual and mine is using one with no issues.

• 2014-01-28 17:31
  • j@Np

Does anybody know why the phone asks for a pin number when trying to link to my HMDX Rave bluetooth speaker?
When I hook it up to my iPod, I just have to click on it and it connect! Any help appreciated!

• 2014-01-25 22:33
  • 4$iV

there is any chance to make fm radio work?i'm really interesed con this phone but fm radio it's esential for my work!

• 2014-01-13 23:27
  • P9xM
Total of 119 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Light.