Samsung Galaxy Light - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

5.1
5.5
5.5

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-08-02 04:51 from Ibxx - click to readalways buy brand new unopened galaxy light. To use full call benifit you must get good 4g coverage or change the settings in the phone.

• 2014-10-20 01:37
  • j@A4

I bought the phone thinking it was going to be good but i was disappointed by the second day. Dropped calls and messages came in late and most of all the 4g lte keeps cutting off called customer service and they told me that everything looks ok and my area should be covered but lost service shortly after that. Going back to my old phone

• 2014-10-17 02:13
  • Ibxi

new hanset lanch plase, go to tunein radio & more new facility

• 2014-10-11 14:07
  • Y}K4
  • F

This is my first and LAST so called Smart Phone. Nothing Smart about this phone. I have not had 1 incoming phone call on this thing today. Battery is full, instead of the phone resting, it shuts down, I have to start it again. Never over 2 bars for reception. The calls that I make on it, Fade in and out. I can't hear them and they can't hear me. Common sense tells me to bring it back. Oh and there is a restock fee. Hmmm need I go on.I could. Flip is it!

• 2014-09-28 03:37
  • 7xVA

I purchased this phone in june this year and gave it 4th time service. main problems: call dropping, poor signal strength, calling party unable to hear properly, and low battery backup. I am fed up with the phone. It is not even worth 2K. Do not buy it. End of Samsung era!

• 2014-09-24 17:14
  • bC2g

> In reply to fer @ 2014-01-13 23:27 from P9xM - click to readgo to tunein radio

• 2014-09-23 23:25
  • 40Z7

The phone is OK. It has an OK performance but the battery sucks. I had to buy 2 batteries and the phone won't charge. It keeps saying "Battery Disconnected" again and again. I can never trust that the phone is fully charged because if it is charged at 100% and turn it off because it acts weird, a minute after the batter goes all the way down to 1%. It is so frustrating and I'm getting annoyed of it. I've had this for almost an year and it's been like this for almost a month. So if u want an average performance phone buy it but if u rage easily, don't buy this phone.

• 2014-09-20 05:42
  • kZip

i am buy mobile Samsung galaxy light12000

• 2014-09-11 17:00
  • sSPY

I got this phone a week ago and have had to call customer service 3 times. Poor service and the phone is a headache. My old flip phone(HA) worked better than this.

• 2014-09-04 00:13
  • Ydsx
  • copier repair woman
  • Rating0

I purchased this phone thinking it would be a good phone, boy was I wrong. I had a Samsung galaxy II 4G and it worked well, though the battery life was limited.
I need to use wifi for calling when in my home home and frequently it shows full bars but calls do not come in to it. It drops calls frequently when I am just out on the road and using the 4g. I have complained to t-mobile and they have replaced the phone twice with the same model and the results are always the same. I have upgraded the firmware, upgraded the router firmware, and tried everything t mobile suggested and have given up as every time they tell me give us just 3 days and we will get it going, meanwhile I use it for work and am never quite sure I get the calls. I have found if I turn it off then on whenever I come home it works most of the time, though if I forget to do it when I get home I am out of luck it won't get the incoming calls. I feel ripped off.

• 2014-09-03 01:46
  • 4YYH

> In reply to sach @ 2014-08-17 14:52 from 49kE - click to readTurn off LTE, Will get better signal strength.

• 2014-08-21 07:39
  • 4@$1

> In reply to sach @ 2014-08-17 14:52 from 49kE - click to readTurn off LTE, Will get strong signal.

• 2014-08-21 07:34
  • 4@$1

I have used this phone for two weeks. It's my first smartphone, but its performance is disappointing. The pre installed Navigation's voice commands stopped in the middle of my first use and never worked after that, so I tried installing TeleNav and then Scout apps...the same problem. Then it disconnected itself in cities I have previously used the phone with success, leaving me unable to make/take calls, texts, and unable to use internet. T-Mobile rep saw the 4GLTE symbol on phone disappeared and he reset it by taking the battery out.

• 2014-08-18 17:08
  • kS6P

I loved it personally it was an awesome phone but I ended up giving it to my brother and he loves it but most of the time it depends on the carrier

• 2014-08-17 23:28
  • q84I

> In reply to Alligator1 @ 2014-08-02 13:40 from Y7a{ - click to readi would agree this has been a horrible experience calls keep dropping or there are no bars although other phones have 2 or 3 bars same service

• 2014-08-17 14:52
  • 49kE

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Light and had it for about 60 days. My first Android phone and a great disappointment so much so that I took it back. I kept on losing call, calls not going through and many many times the phone would not let me make calls. My old tracfone I never had this problem with. When I took it back I was told other people had complained of the very same thing. Very disappointed!

• 2014-08-02 13:40
  • Y7a{

Just got this phone last week. Got it for $50 at Walmart with the back to school sale on Univison Mobile box. I gave my Dad my old S2 and loving the LTE speeds on it. This is my first LTE phone have a 2013 Nexus 7 tablet. I just put the google now launcher on it runs like a Nexus now. I like the size was going to get a used s3 but really like how 4 inches fits in my pocket. I still have a galaxy exhbit as a backup if this handset gets lost or stolen.

• 2014-08-02 08:57
  • IxSY

My son's mother has this "galaxy light" she has been through two galaxy light and the result has been the same. Frizzy most of the times and when she turns it off it won't start right away, in my experience, just like someone wrote... all this positive feedback must be coming from t-mobile's employees or shareholders. I would rather buy something pre owned of better quality.

• 2014-08-02 04:51
  • Ibxx

I honestly am an apple fan but this phone is ok i guess. Its good for anyone on a budget who needs a phone. Not a person who likes to take professional hd pictures..just not the quality your looking for

• 2014-07-21 09:09
  • j{q{

> In reply to Grace @ 2014-02-28 02:11 from 0aRb - click to readChange to GSM/WCDMA preferred in your network settings and it should solve your problem. Also, be sure to change preference to data > wifi, otherwise, it will drop calls switching between wifi and cellular.

• 2014-07-11 10:52
  • 7BCa
Total of 153 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Light.