Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.7
7.7
7.6

This will be the phone of the year after the mighty s2, iPhone 4s KILLER!!

• 2011-10-25 14:53
  • mW1Q

WoW

• 2011-10-25 14:19
  • srge

Experienced users, please help!

I'm undecided what to buy: I used Nokia phones since 1993. But now I need GPS on my phone, so it seems I am forced to buy a smartphone.

This is what I absolutely need:

1. talking to the phone (of course). So, excellent sound.
2. a long life battery. I used to recharge my phone every 7-10 days, so I hate to carry a recharger or a spare battery with me. I don't want a phone which needs to be recharged daily or twice a day. Battery life is VERY important for me.
3. GPS. I need to use the GPS very often, and in foreign countries/cities.
4. a reasonably small phone.

This is what I don't need:

1. Playing games on my phone. (I just bought a 6000$ desktop for games).
2. Browsing the internet (I usually carry a laptop with me, and I will soon buy an ultrabook. But, maybe my needs will change about browsing in particular).

So, what should I choose? Android? Symbian Belle? It seems Android eats battery very fast, while Symbian will be abandoned soon. After researching the specs on paper, I hesitate between these:

1. Samsung Galaxy S2 or Nexus (they have all I need, plus a great battery on paper)
2. Nokia 600 or 701 (I like more the lok of N500 and N600, than the rounded corners of 701, but N600 is not on the market yet).
3. Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray (great look, plus all I need...except for the battery life? I really don't know how this phone is behaving in real life).

Any other suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks, and sorry for my bad english, I am not a native.

• 2011-10-25 13:38
  • LaEN

> In reply to denzel @ 2011-10-25 10:11 from NHra - click to readWow, how did you come to that conclusion then... details ?
End of the day, this is like an s2 with ice cream sarnie and an amazing screen. Camera is less pixels but wait for the review, I know less pixels is a step backwards, no matter how good the picture is. Can't wait for full review and comparisons wither the Droid razr, I will def be getting one or the other, 4.65" 720 super amoled vs 4.3" qhd super amoled advanced with no motion blur.... either way I'm guna be happy :) :)

• 2011-10-25 11:35
  • nG4i

whats with the phone and its specifications correct me if i am wrong but the phone isn't better than a nokia E63 why is that? i ask myself

• 2011-10-25 10:11
  • NHra

droid razr is far beter

• 2011-10-25 09:59
  • L6ZC

If you want good pictures go buy a digital camera, cell phones will never reach the quality of a digital or SLR camera

• 2011-10-25 08:28
  • S9ue

You could have just added gorilla glass and this phone could have qualified for the best phone of the decade contest. oleophobic surface without durable gorilla glass. Why Samsung???

• 2011-10-25 08:15
  • IwnH

lets be real. any high end anroid that came out this year is better than the iphone 4s.

• 2011-10-25 08:07
  • khNm

1st : when the exact release date for G. Nexus ?

2nd. : for ppl complain about the Camera i personally my primary phone is an iphone 4s
& secondary is G. Nexus ,even it spec kinda disappointing comparing to S2 HD. So i thought i'll try the Nexus till S3 release.

• 2011-10-25 07:46
  • JxnM

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-10-24 11:25 from mTWD - click to readhehe... i will samsung galaxy s3

• 2011-10-25 07:34
  • ib7g

Galaxy nexus prime hit!! don't worry.
gs3 is coming soon to compete..........
" SELFISH"
Google don't relying on black friend in future.

• 2011-10-25 06:32
  • 7qxd

can i upgrade my samsung galaxy r gt-i9103 to ICS?? can i? ^.^ is there any update? ahah just asking

• 2011-10-25 03:48
  • t7A1

this wouldn't sell. no card slot. SGS2 is better, or better buy optimus 3D than this one. or droid razr. i also like atrix2. sorry htc, u r from a bad govt.

• 2011-10-25 02:35
  • P@1G

The GPU did not mention in the spec, mean cannot support famous 3D games.

• 2011-10-24 23:52
  • ib7E

Is there no wifi-direct support on this phone?

• 2011-10-24 23:51
  • pIAq

it doesnt matter if its a 5mp camera because all that relates to is the size of the image when printed. it depends on the lense. look at the iphone 4 camera quality which is 5mp. but i must say i'd rather stick with my s2

• 2011-10-24 21:08
  • mqMr

Droid Razr vs Nexus. Razr clearly wins on tech specs:

• 2011-10-24 19:48
  • 3Ybw

I like some of the stuff that i have seen in ICS but part of me is not totally sold. I think the problem is that this phone for all its specs is the most boring thing i have ever seen. So i think if i was going to get ICS i woud wait for the Samsung Galaxy S3
if the rumours are true this phone will be made out of metal.

• 2011-10-24 19:02
  • i5BK

Megapixels means nothing. My SGS2 has 8mpix camera and the camera sucks (pink hue too). I'd rather have a good overall camera than useless high-megapixel capacity.

• 2011-10-24 17:27
  • 9xM1
Total of 3612 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250.