Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) - user opinions and reviews

Samsung

7.9
8.2
8.1

hi all. I read this tablet is getting updated to kitkat. I'm still jellybean and haven't received update yet. This cost me £499 and it shud have had kitkat in it. Let's hope I get update soon.

• 2014-08-28 21:52
  • mX$g

> In reply to Grover @ 2014-05-03 20:11 from sxdG - click to readI have the same issue with flickering since I updated it to 4.4
I am quite sure that it depends on the GSM signal as when I leave the wireless on only it doesn't happen ever.
Instead with GSM on it usually comes when it looks for a GSM signal or switch cell

• 2014-08-28 14:27
  • bH8n

> In reply to Trex @ 2014-08-20 22:17 from P$9r - click to readThere is an update for 4.4.2 Kitkat I have it but you have to use Odin to update it

• 2014-08-26 21:25
  • rv7F

I need my kitkat update shamesung SM-P605, never gotten an update since i bought it!!Why are u so sluggish shamesung, this is embarrassing, u cannot even give your latest device update on time?

• 2014-08-20 22:17
  • P$9r

cann we update this note on officialy kitkat 4.4.2 using its own software update

• 2014-08-19 13:59
  • Lbh9

Great device but 4.4 should have been available already, shame on you Samsung!!

• 2014-08-19 13:14
  • frje

With GSM..... can I make phone calls on this tablet? How?

• 2014-08-18 19:16
  • Ibxc

does note 10.1 camera comes with panorama features?

• 2014-08-17 11:31
  • uCmw

I just asked when the update kitkat android 4.4 will be get to the p601 3G version?

Samsung is so slow to update their devices, it's not serious with their clients!!

• 2014-08-15 20:42
  • NhBj

hi all. ive jus reveived an update on my note 3 today. it was a system update 28mb. does anyone know wat its for plz

• 2014-08-15 03:10
  • nFcx

> In reply to Nsonaso @ 2014-07-22 05:53 from ftKb - click to readSame here, I hope they will release another note tablet since I have come to love my N8000

• 2014-08-12 23:19
  • fsVf

i bought this beautiful note 10.1inch editon 2014. i love everthing about it. i use a non original cover with auto wake and sleep. i bought two on amazon. would recommend this tablet.

• 2014-08-12 19:51
  • nFcx

i bought tab 3, about 4 months ago, suddenly stopped working got it fix and then stopped working...
i dont recommend it at all. i bought it from Radio Shack Festival city.
and still the tab is not working

• 2014-08-03 13:27
  • ftjm

I recently bought this tablet. I anticipate it very much. However, it seems to be not worth its price. I bought it for RM1800(which is more expensive than my laptop). It will lag for a few seconds sometimes when I opening apps. And its just a week old. Maybe its my bad luck to get a not very good quality one. But I would prefer Ipad over this tablet for the price tag and the spec.

• 2014-07-22 10:04
  • XMcd

Is there any news of Samsung releasing another Galaxy Note 10.1 or 8.4 with Super AMOLED display this September? I will like to wait because right now, I don't know which one to buy between the Note 10.1 2014 and Galaxy Tab S

• 2014-07-22 05:53
  • ftKb

I have already updated my note (smp-601)to the latest kitkat about about a week ago, but for that i had to use odin to flash it with the official firmware and i liked the new UI changes.

I just think this is the best tablet for digital sketching. I used the ipad air, but it sucks for digital sketching even if it has apps like procreate, inspire and artrage

• 2014-07-21 16:04
  • I9qH

any idea when this device receives its kitkat upgrade?

• 2014-07-20 00:39
  • nCHI

How to updated 4.4.2 kitkat

• 2014-07-19 18:52
  • bCkY

> In reply to Snapshots Production @ 2014-07-17 15:17 from 2m6a - click to readIf you are using any cover jacket with it, take it off!! That is where the problem is coming from, the jacket is not compatible with it.

• 2014-07-18 15:56
  • 3sE3

I am currently using Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) LTE version, 32 GB internal memory, 32GB external memory card inserted. Currently still the default Android Jelly Bean, yet to be upgraded to Kit Kat (because I'm too lazy to do so).

So far, I don't have complaints with this tablet (been using it for four months now), except one restart due to installation of incompatible software. Memory card is 90% full, and internal memory is about 30% full, but it's still smooth and fairly lag free.

If there are downsides, I'd say that heavy usage will heat up the tablet, and you will have to charge it once a day (assuming you game as much as I do, with WiFi switched on most of the day), and that charging does take quite a few hours.

One peeve I do have with this tablet is that the USB port is located at the bottom of the tablet. You can't prop it upright if you've connected a cable to it.

Overall a good tablet for heavy users.

• 2014-07-18 06:15
  • TKaX
Total of 820 user reviews and opinions for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition).